PDA

View Full Version : A Tale of Heroes (OOC-PG13)

Anti-Hero
08-12-2012, 04:41 AM
PG-13- Violence, Blood, Language

A Tale of Heroes

They came and went and spoke not their names
They asked for no coin, and required no fame
And as their memories begin to fade
We call them heroes all the same

They met our sadness with joy
Replaced our hopelessness with pride
It was on feet they walked
But wings they did hide

Plot:
The era of peace is one that many men do not live long enough to see, and very few are lucky enough to be born within, for peace is fleeting and many men are inherently evil. Under the ruling of Queen Brytania the country of Eislief is living comfortably under prosperity. The same goes for the countries of Auropa, under King Geraldi and Seingard, under King and Queen Immesole.

There in this era lies a position of balance and after ages of war, it is all to comforting to finally rest easy. While the countries relations still are on high strain, each is willing to attempt before invasion, and with Queen Brytania at the wheel of Eislief, and the most prosperous of countries, war seems all but a myth.

But darkness looms on the horizon

As a small island lying just at the center of the countries, has gone quiet, no trade, no tourism, nothing.

Eislief: The beginning country in which we find our heroes. More description to come.
Auropa: Second country. More to come
Seingaurd: Third country. More to come

The Island: ?????????

Normal enemies: Characters will delve into deep ruins of magical origin, be hunted by mercenary groups, as well as the occasional bandit clan. These enemies are essentially just the random things that you'd deal with in a journey

The Occult Magi Magus Magna: An occult of old mages, as well as many followers who worship a deity that forms its mortal self into a dragon. Information hidden.

Character Name:
Character Age:

Character Description: The morals values of a character that makes up his/her very base personality
Character Appearance: Pictures, descriptions are both good choices. Try to avoid famous pictures of characters or people.
Character Background: The history of a character up to their given point.

Skills: The orientation of a character's growth, there are three base starting points.
Please choose one of the three options below and then list your three skills as well.
A brief explanation will do, the better you explain the better my understanding.
Magic- The contracting of spirits in which a person may give a piece of themselves as a binding to call fourth the fury of the elements.

Sword-The ability to use a wide range of bladed objects originating with the sword or any other form of physical combat. (Examples: Swords, Lances, Axes, Knives.)

Ranged- Those who harnessed their focus into a combat orientation, using bows and or a magical catalyst known as a GUN to fire force from their finger tips.

Combat style: These changed based on the form of skills chosen, however to each their own.

Magic: All magical abilities are derived from the following list.

Fire
Water
Wind
Earth
Lightning
Ice
Light
Dark
What this means is that you can contract with any superior being using one of the listed elements, how you go about using that element is of your own accord. Mages in this rp focus on one element to harness its power, they do not have multiple powers of elements. To extend on this further, this provides a wide use for magic and how to use it, but it is limited to this. I can't change that, to do so would go outside of the story.

Physical Skills: Physical skills allow the player to essentially become a super swordsmen. Because this RPG oriented, we grow from weak to strong over the course of the rp. This will invoke multiple kinds of skills and example are listed in my CS. The way of the sword is extremely versatile and so with that in mind the explanation could take days. Just note that in terms of swordsmen ship most all things are possible.

Ranged Skills: Users of bows and GUN are people who may wish to revolve around scouting and stealth, but please note, that you can be an up close and personal user. Much like elf combat the way of the bow can be as versatile as a sword and with that mind users should choose how they want to play. A bow is not a sword, and cannot just by smacking someone over the head hard enough, arrows and the GUN powers (for users of GUN) are your kill weapons.

FAQ:
Can mages use contracts as pets?: No this would go outside the boundaries of the story.
How do mages start out? Mages at birth make a contract and so starting the rp they have a base knowledge of how to use magic.
Can anyone else do simple magic?: Not without the aid of a Mage. Such as the swordsman's absorb ability.

Rules:

1. The limit of players is twelve
2. Players may have a 1-2 character limit, but the GM is to sign off on it first.
3. Players should be advised to be descriptive, no less than 2-3 paragraphs.
4. Rules of RPA apply under PG-13 regulation

Update: This is an example character sheet that I will use for the rp as well, but this should assist you as you write up your cs

Character Name: Artemis Illy's
Character Age: 23
This is a tale of heroes, prime age is more the way you should lean, because everyone is a "newbie" Think of it as starting an RPG

Character Description: Artemis is a hypocrite by very nature, choosing to proceed logically, but often putting himself in danger to save others. He has no inner justified reasoning for this other than "I want them to smile." Its a core feeling that he strives to maintain even though his brash-headedness and temper sometimes get in the way of this impeding him and making him shake down to his soul. While he speaks in a straight forward manner, he tends to hide behind a curtain of masks, strengthening himself while others might suffer, and very rarely breaking, but in his solitude, he finds himself weak and alone.

Character Appearance:http://i50.tinypic.com/34fmbza.jpg
Text Description: Eyes deep and full of a broken sorrow hidden under a mask of happiness and bravery. Artemis stands roughly at 6'1 weighing a low 185 pounds. His hair is thick and can often in the sun be mistaken for a light brown rather than the Auburn mixed color that it actually stems from. His athletic build is promising of a Knight in training, however most of it stems from his attempt to focus on the things not around him. He is in all senses, a ladies man, but is to shy to approach them directly although, he radiates confidence in a public setting. A deep smile and glistening green eyes tell you there is much more to him than what lies on the skin.

Character Background: A farmer by trade, he however recently became more focused on his trainings as a hunter, in hopes to still enter the Knight schools even at his late age. Poverty struck his family, even in the most prosperous of times, leaving his mother stricken with grief as his father faded into the background, and eventually into the afterlife. While he was not one for words, he did pick up the mantle at a young age and strove to supply both a mother and sister while sacrificing what he dreamed of in his younger day. He is young man, and so while his background is not much to be told it does weigh heavily on him in various ways.
As you may have noticed, you do not have to type out much, but each paragraph should carry deep meanings for the character and show a possibility of growth lying in the near future. As for the picture/description I prefer the way I've done it, though you may just use a description or picture.

Skills: Swordsmen- Artemis has training with a sword for roughly two years, but while it is of his own knowledge he has yet to unlock any potential ability he may have in terms of its future use. Intended to use as a quick single blade swordsmen.

List of future skills available:
Focus: The foresight of a swordsmen that allows him to quickly study moves and analyze an oncoming barrage enabling him to adjust himself so that he is more suited to take less or no damage, and deal the maximum amount.

Timestep: This is an ability granted by the inner strength of the blade that allows a swordsmen to move quicker than the power of the human eyes. The body can move extremely fast for short distances and deliver attacks at the same speed.

Absorption: The ability of a swordsmen to conduct magic given, or magic that is oncoming into the blade and return it/use it against the enemy. This only works if a magical user is present.
As you can see what I have done is taken a base sword class and added physical attributes to him enhancing his abilities as the story progresses, these skills will be available in time but I do not initially begin with any. Also please note, I didn't use heavy description, because you don't have to just make sure its understandable

I have gotten alot of questions regarding this area, so I intend to assist this as well. A mage is a person born with magical abilities, and in many rpgs/rps are feared or high regarded at birth. When a mage is born in this rp, they have a sense about them that gears them toward an element. This is because before birth that child had been contract with one of the elements deities. Whether it is- Fire, water, earth, wind, lightning, ice, light or dark- this child will be born with certain gifts to manipulate them. In the beginning of the rp a fire mages would be able to use the most basic of fire skills- such as fireball, since this is innate it does not count as one of your three skills to learn.
You may create a spirit of your own, but these spirits in no way will come to the world we live in, they would simply give you their powers and expect you to hone them. All mages would pay a small price, such as a fire user drinking a lot of water or and ice user forever being colder than normal.

This should assist you more, again if you have any questions ask immediately.

Combat style: Single edged, speed based combat styles that relies heavily on reading the enemy and countering their assaults. This enables combat with multiple people at once.
Finally, we get to the combat. Essentially you may notice that I tend to talk about my combat style as it revolves around certain perimeters of my skills, this gives a more in depth sense of how ones character will fight.

PantsTheReaper
08-12-2012, 06:35 AM
This very much interests me, but what is the 1,2,3,4 stuff?

Anti-Hero
08-12-2012, 06:40 AM
Its to make sure you read it.
At the end of your cs just type out the numbers.

Ryoku
08-12-2012, 07:01 AM
I really don't get the plot, what IS it exactly?

I'm looking for new Fantasy RPs to join, and this seems, interesting.

Anti-Hero
08-12-2012, 07:21 AM
I sent you a pm muramasa explaining with a little more detail.
One of the things I told Muramasa was I like to keep certain things in the dark, but if you feel you need more information then please ask and I'll pm you as well :)

Ryoku
08-12-2012, 07:27 AM
Alright. I think I got it.

Reserve me a spot please, I'll try to join.

And if anything happens that I choose to not join, well, at least you got me interested. :D

Anti-Hero
08-12-2012, 07:33 AM
To true, like I said If you all have any questions feel free to ask :)

Auki
08-12-2012, 07:38 AM
If you’re looking for more players, don’t forget to make use of all the features that RPA has to offer. You can submit your game to the Roleplaying Games Directory here (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2304) and if you post here (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3975), you can ask the Staff to advertise your roleplay in their signatures.

Most importantly, make sure to apply for Roleplay of the Week (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905)!

Anti-Hero
08-12-2012, 08:03 AM
Guys I just realize I forgot to explain skills, I'll be posting it up here in a few minutes

Anti-Hero
08-13-2012, 10:07 PM
I'd liek to see some character sheets go up soon guys :D

Coyote
08-13-2012, 11:59 PM
I'm interested. Waitin to hear about skills. : )

Anti-Hero
08-14-2012, 12:09 AM
The first post is updated to explain skills. I don't have a list or anyhting to set aside you gusy I would like to see some creativity. If yall would like I could write up my own cs and use it as an example :)

Ryoku
08-14-2012, 08:07 AM
Hey Circular,

I think it would be best if you created your character first.

So we can all use it as reference, because I am a little bit confused on how you want structuring to go and all the technical details.

Posting yours would immensely help.

Anti-Hero
08-14-2012, 08:21 AM
I think so too, I started working on it here a little while ago. I'll be posting up soon

Anti-Hero
08-14-2012, 08:53 AM
I'll be providing notes on each section for detailed help. This CS is a bit different than most, but should prove to be rather easy.

Character Name: Artemis Illy's
Character Age: 23
This is a tale of heroes, prime age is more the way you should lean, because everyone is a "newbie" Think of it as starting an RPG

Character Description: Artemis is a hypocrite by very nature, choosing to proceed logically, but often putting himself in danger to save others. He has no inner justified reasoning for this other than "I want them to smile." Its a core feeling that he strives to maintain even though his brash-headedness and temper sometimes get in the way of this impeding him and making him shake down to his soul. While he speaks in a straight forward manner, he tends to hide behind a curtain of masks, strengthening himself while others might suffer, and very rarely breaking, but in his solitude, he finds himself weak and alone.

Character Appearance:http://i50.tinypic.com/34fmbza.jpg
Text Description: Eyes deep and full of a broken sorrow hidden under a mask of happiness and bravery. Artemis stands roughly at 6'1 weighing a low 185 pounds. His hair is thick and can often in the sun be mistaken for a light brown rather than the Auburn mixed color that it actually stems from. His athletic build is promising of a Knight in training, however most of it stems from his attempt to focus on the things not around him. He is in all senses, a ladies man, but is to shy to approach them directly although, he radiates confidence in a public setting. A deep smile and glistening green eyes tell you there is much more to him than what lies on the skin.

Character Background: A farmer by trade, he however recently became more focused on his trainings as a hunter, in hopes to still enter the Knight schools even at his late age. Poverty struck his family, even in the most prosperous of times, leaving his mother stricken with grief as his father faded into the background, and eventually into the afterlife. While he was not one for words, he did pick up the mantle at a young age and strove to supply both a mother and sister while sacrificing what he dreamed of in his younger day. He is young man, and so while his background is not much to be told it does weigh heavily on him in various ways.
As you may have noticed, you do not have to type out much, but each paragraph should carry deep meanings for the character and show a possibility of growth lying in the near future. As for the picture/description I prefer the way I've done it, though you may just use a description or picture.

Skills: Swordsmen- Artemis has training with a sword for roughly two years, but while it is of his own knowledge he has yet to unlock any potential ability he may have in terms of its future use. Intended to use as a quick single blade swordsmen.

List of future skills available:
Focus: The foresight of a swordsmen that allows him to quickly study moves and analyze an oncoming barrage enabling him to adjust himself so that he is more suited to take less or no damage, and deal the maximum amount.

Timestep: This is an ability granted by the inner strength of the blade that allows a swordsmen to move quicker than the power of the human eyes. The body can move extremely fast for short distances and deliver attacks at the same speed.

Absorption: The ability of a swordsmen to conduct magic given, or magic that is oncoming into the blade and return it/use it against the enemy. This only works if a magical user is present.
As you can see what I have done is taken a base sword class and added physical attributes to him enhancing his abilities as the story progresses, these skills will be available in time but I do not initially begin with any. Also please note, I didn't use heavy description, because you don't have to just make sure its understandable

I have gotten alot of questions regarding this area, so I intend to assist this as well. A mage is a person born with magical abilities, and in many rpgs/rps are feared or high regarded at birth. When a mage is born in this rp, they have a sense about them that gears them toward an element. This is because before birth that child had been contract with one of the elements deities. Whether it is- Fire, water, earth, wind, lightning, ice, light or dark- this child will be born with certain gifts to manipulate them. In the beginning of the rp a fire mages would be able to use the most basic of fire skills- such as fireball, since this is innate it does not count as one of your three skills to learn.
You may create a spirit of your own, but these spirits in no way will come to the world we live in, they would simply give you their powers and expect you to hone them. All mages would pay a small price, such as a fire user drinking a lot of water or and ice user forever being colder than normal.

This should assist you more, again if you have any questions ask immediately.

Combat style: Single edged, speed based combat styles that relies heavily on reading the enemy and countering their assaults. This enables combat with multiple people at once.
Finally, we get to the combat. Essentially you may notice that I tend to talk about my combat style as it revolves around certain perimeters of my skills, this gives a more in depth sense of how ones character will fight.

Anti-Hero
08-14-2012, 09:48 PM
Also I've been sent several pms
While you guys have your newbie status I can't respond to them, I'm not ignoring you at all. I'll message you when I'm able.

Or if you wish I can post what I said to you here in the OOC

bulllettprooff
08-14-2012, 11:12 PM
If you could respond in here that'd be awesome:3 sorry!

Anti-Hero
08-14-2012, 11:25 PM
Ok I liked your character sheet for the most part I didn't see to much wrong with it at all some fine tuning may help, but I can't pick on it XD

As for the skills part: You said you were looking to be slight of hand and disappearing.
My first reaction would be to use wind, as in most rpgs thats would be the associated element.
Light however can be done the same way, but also has an innate "natural law" type feel for it.

Overmorrow
08-15-2012, 06:37 AM
Can you post an answer to the pm question I had about my character.
Sorry about that, just started using this site! xP

Anti-Hero
08-15-2012, 06:48 AM
The magic I explained is pretty much all thats allowed, going outside that boundry would be more complicated and its already difficult. You can use a power contracted form a god but no pets or anything liek that

Anti-Hero
08-16-2012, 06:40 PM
I was hoping to see some of your cs's up soon guys

ClumsyCalamity
08-16-2012, 07:50 PM
I like this idea ^^ I'll have my CS up by either the end of today or tomorrow!

Anti-Hero
08-16-2012, 07:51 PM
Awesome thanks Arail!

ClumsyCalamity
08-16-2012, 07:51 PM
Not a problem, looks awesome!

Anti-Hero
08-16-2012, 09:04 PM
:D

SikstaSlathalin
08-17-2012, 12:17 AM
Hmm I smell bringing back my Time Blades.

Anti-Hero
08-17-2012, 02:30 AM
Oh siks XD

ClumsyCalamity
08-17-2012, 09:38 PM
Character Name:
Matilda Somber

Character Age:

Character Appearance:

http://i50.tinypic.com/zx9rgw.jpg

She has wavy dark brown hair and light grey eyes. Her skin is rather pale and she stands at about 5’5”. She wears clothes that are simple and comfortable. Her clothes are usually made of the furs from her kills. The rest is usually brown or green to blend in to her surroundings. She is never seen without her bow and a full quiver.

Character Background:
Matilda is a hunter by trade and lives alone in the forest that had once been her parent’s home. Her mother was an herbalist and a healer whereas her father had been a hunter. Matilda had followed in her father’s footsteps. Her parents made their life away from the world so that they didn’t have to deal with the politics of city life. They only made their way to the city to do some trading for things they needed. One day, when she was twelve, her parents went into town and simply never returned. She has no idea what happened to them. From that day on she was on her own. Luckily her father had taught her to hunt, this kept her alive through the first winter. After a while she learned even more and could rely on her skills to keep her fed and warm. There in the home her parents had made is where she thrived.

Combat style:
Ranged/Archer

Ranged:
She uses a bow for her weapon. She learned to use a bow out of necessity, she had to hunt her own food. Her favourite type of bow is a short bow.

Skills:

Enhanced Sight:
An ability that stems from her hunter roots. She can easily detect and track her prey. Right now she can only detect animals. In the future she may be able to detect and track other prey.

Future Abilities:

Aim:
Taking a little extra time, she can adjust her aim and increase her accuracy.

Power Shot:
This is a strong attack that does better the closer she is to the target, it decreases the accuracy. The further she is from the target the less likely she is to hit it.

Combat style: Best in ranged combat. The range depends on the type of bow she has at the time. She does best in indirect combat.

Let me know if I need to fix/change anything!

SikstaSlathalin
08-19-2012, 02:53 AM
I'll have a sheet in tonight hopefully. I'm bring back a Time Blade.

Anti-Hero
08-19-2012, 02:56 AM
Awesome with you an Arail I'll post up my sheet to, I think I can make this work with three people hopefully more will come though :D

SikstaSlathalin
08-19-2012, 03:21 AM
We'll be like SEALS!

Anti-Hero
08-19-2012, 03:24 AM
Oh yeah you knwo it XD

SikstaSlathalin
08-19-2012, 03:24 AM
Hell yeah! XP

Anti-Hero
08-19-2012, 03:27 AM
Marine+ Ng+ Arail...and I'm gonna guess stormwolf since he's been on her for awhile We'll be rockin

SikstaSlathalin
08-19-2012, 03:41 AM
I think he was just stalking.

Anti-Hero
08-19-2012, 03:42 AM
maybeh

StormWolf
08-19-2012, 05:07 AM
Character Name: Maxon Wardlaw of the Turisas
Character Age: 24

Character Description: Maxon is no knight. He never wanted to be one and he never will be. Honor and glory and the hand of a fair maiden are all well and good, but none of those things will fill ones coffers and place food on the table. While he has his own code of honor, Maxon is, by no means, afraid to fight dirty to take home the win and the gold. He is entirely detached from the aspect of death, and Death is the only god be believes to stalk the earth, for Death is the only sure thing in the world. He is a faithless man and something of a cynic. Maxon is blunt and stoic to the point of harshness, but his statuesque face belies his many layers of internal, labyrinthine complexity.
http://images.ados.fr/photo/hd/8587278858/galerie-personnages-masculins/who-said-blondie-1663506843.jpg
Text Description: Standing at a strong 6'2" with a powerful and toned frame, Maxon weighs in at fifteen stone with no visible fat upon him. Years of marauding, thieving, and reaving have made Maxon strong of body and mind while his spirit suffered scarring wounds that to this day refuse to heal. His icy blue eyes hold a sternness and intensity that could mark steel and a sneer that could curdle milk. Pale scars criss-cross his arms and chest, badges of honor earned with his many battles, hunts, and brawls.

Character Background: The North has never been an easy place to live. With sparsely fertile soil and cruel weather, Northron's are born strong, and only the strongest live past childhood. Maxon Wardlaw, of the Turisas, was born of warriors, raised with a sword beside the crib. Maxon did not come from privilege and he never expressed interest in becoming a knight or any manner of sworn servitude to a lord who would never give a damn about him or his family. Maxon, growing up in the northlands, was accustomed to skirmishes and raids on a nearly daily basis. At the age of thirteen, Maxon donned his armor and forged his weapons. For his people, the forge is their temple, and Death is their only god. With his village being small and lacking in wealth and power, Maxon resorted to a mercenaries life. His station as a mercenary is stated by his burgundy cloak, clasped with the brooch of his family over his heart.

Skills: Swordsman - Maxon was raised with a sword by his crib, the colt touch of steel more familiar than the soft flesh of his mother's bosom.

Northron Fury - Maxon embraces the blood rage of the North-born, becoming a whirlwind of steel on the battlefield, making a dance of the violence with chaos as his music. Embracing the fire in his blood, Maxon's strength and speed is enhanced.

Future skills:
Ignore Pain - While embracing Northron Fury, Maxon will be able to shrug off punishment that would send most men down to the dirt, screaming and crying in pain. The trade-off is that he will not be able to gauge how many wounds he has taken, and how much blood he has lost.

Bladesong - Maxon fights with such ferocity that the very metal of his blades seem to sing with the speed and power in which he swings his weapons, singing in sadistic joy with the blood they have drunk. Bladesong is the perfection of fury on the battlefield, allowing Maxon to wield any two bladed weapons in his hands for a time, and I mean any two weapons.

Combat style: Marauder - Maxon wears light armor, which allows him to move swiftly through the battlefield, still armed to the teeth. Years of fighting with such a style has him as more the competent in such a unorthodox, dity, fighting style. It is highly versatile, as his lighter armor gives Maxon more of a strength threshold to carry a small arsenal of bladed weapons for any occasion.

For this style, Maxon uses a bastard sword (http://powning.com/jake/images/0du-sith16.jpg)(main hand,R), longknife (http://celticwarriorkilts.com/images/blades/dirk.jpg)(offhand,L), spiked targe (http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/4/9/2/0/3/4/webimg/574987286_tp.jpg)(left arm, pretty much always used in combat)

Other weapons used/carried: war axe (http://www.hollywoodhistoryonline.com/zencart/bmz_cache/3/354b17a2d5a7e4fe01dfe500b03a8312.image.440x252.jpg ), Lancea spear (http://kultofathena.com/images/AH3537.jpg)

SikstaSlathalin
08-19-2012, 05:14 AM
Character Name: Bugsly Mosint
Character Age: 28

Character Description: Bugsly is all for being the Master of all he does or at least getting damn good at it. Hie devotes his life to being the best he can be and lifting up everyone to his level or trying to sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. He never quits until there's absolutely nothing more for him to do.
Character Appearance: 5'3, 230 pounds of muscle, built like a small brick shit house. Due to his affinity with the element of Light his hair and handlebar moustache are a pure white with true gold highlights which are strange contrasts to his naturally dark toned skin. His eyes shift in a rainbow of colours at all times almost hypnotising if you stare too long. He is dressed in white gold armour from head to toe he may be a mage but he likes to protect himself from those that catch him by surprise.

Character Background: Buggsly is the eldest son of a Prize-fighter family with six kids and by far the shortest. It's a running gag amongst his siblings no matter how many times he's twisted them into pretzels and kicked their butts all over the family homestead. Even after he discovered his power over Light the gag went on. He knew it was all in good fun but it got boring after awhile hearing all the same jokes over and over. Eventually he left on his own to master his element as well as his more physical skills like fist-fighting.

Skills:Magic-Light: Control over the element giving him the ability to create barriers, and shoot bolts of concentrated light out at his enemies as well as working like a flashlight in dark places.

List of Future Skills.
1: Shining Wall: A defensive skill that creates a protective barrier around himself and others.
2: Luna's Archer: Creates a bow out of silver light very similar to moonlight, arrows are made of the same light and leave a glowing trail as they shoot out very fast moving.
3: Sol's Knight: A close combat skill that surrounds his body with red or orange light like what the sun gives off and gives him powerful armour and melee weapons.

Combat style: Opportunistic he adapts to the situation at hand and flies with it. Carries a pair of double headed hatchets when he doesn't feel like using his magic or fists.

Ryoku
08-20-2012, 07:45 AM
I'm just gonna walk from the RP.

I really haven't had the time lately to come on RPA and do as much as I would like. I wouldn't wanna be slowing anyone down as well.

Anti-Hero
08-20-2012, 08:13 AM
no worries muramasa.

my cs wil be up later tonight

Anti-Hero
08-20-2012, 08:51 PM
will have my CS up tonight or tomorrow sorry i got sick, after which the IC will go up and we'll start

Anti-Hero
08-22-2012, 08:17 AM
wow I'm an idiot -.- I FORGOT MY CS WAS ALREADY UP

- - - Updated - - -

IC goes up this afternoon -.-

Atlas
08-22-2012, 04:18 PM
CS will be up soon. :)

Anti-Hero
08-22-2012, 06:12 PM
Rp will be starting soon
Atlas will join in right after we start possibly a little later.

ClumsyCalamity
08-22-2012, 06:17 PM
Yay ^.^

Can't wait!

Anti-Hero
08-22-2012, 06:21 PM
For all those who are curious Atlas is my wife, she just joined rpa XD so I already read her CS

Atlas
08-22-2012, 09:52 PM
Character Name: Lottie Weaver

Character Age: 20

Character Description: She focuses her life on two things. Surviving and protecting the small vein of knowledge the Basket Weaver taught her. She tries to suppress any strong emotions, turning cold and apathetic because it’s the only way she’s found to suppress her magic. She stays away from large groups of people whenever possible, preferring to be on her own and finding it hard to make connections with other people. When she does occasionally wander through towns, the one thing she appreciates in people is the skill of trade masters, whether it was blacksmithing or wood carving or farming.

http://i48.tinypic.com/35jm1hg.png
As a result of her lightening magic, her hair has the unfortunate habit of being quite static ridden, and almost floating around her head in a dark brown halo with odd bits of string, feathers, shell and beads weaved in and out. Large brown eyes match her hair, but with lighter brown flecks. She has a large hand shaped scar on the left side of her face, covering her cheek and eye.
To cover her hair and scar, she wears a large hood that shadows most her face. If you managed to catch her expression, you’d find a blank, almost grim stare, paying close attention to everything around, as though calculating an escape route. She stands at just over five feet, and with a lean build, although often her shape is shrouded by large clothes.

Character Background:
Born to a nameless, poor and forgotten family, Lottie could not remember how many hands she had passed through, or anything else for that matter, before arriving in the care of the old Basket Weaver. They could only guess at her age, it might have been that she had been a runt of a child, or just younger, making it harder to judge. So the Weaver let her decide her own age. She’d chosen six. It might have been off by a couple years either way, but it was her favorite number, and as high as she could count.
The accident happened not long after. Again, her memory would fail her, and wouldn’t remember the reason it had happened. Someone or something had made her angry, so angry her hands shook and she’d tried to cover her face to hide the tears that threatened to spill out. That’s when the lightening exploded from her hands like a cut wire and left half of her face with a horrible scar that looked like a burnt hand on the side of her cheek and over her left eye. This left her an outcast among the other children her age, and even most adults shied away from her.
Being a Basket Weaver’s apprentice came with its own set of problems. It seemed that electricity moved through her, without her leather gloves, she could barely weave a knot without the threads splitting and shifting oddly with static.
When she was upset, storms seemed to follow her. She grew to hate whatever power she had inside her, and it scared her even more. When the Basket Weaver died, they’d blamed her. She tried to protect her home, the Basket Weaver’s property and things, but the people wanted it. They ran her out of town. She took what she could carry and retreated into the woods. She’d returned to find it stripped of everything, and the spot claimed by others. At the age of ‘15’ she made a home in the forest. Since then she’d learned to survive against nature and bandits and petty thieves. When she managed to get a hold of the right dried grasses, or steal some yarn, she would weave and travel to other towns to sell.

Skills:
Magic- Lightening magic.
Shock: An electric charged blast, but must make contact with her hands.
Bolt: Pulls a bolt of lightning from the sky when there is a tall conductor nearby, like a tree or pole, and directs it through the ground to enemies’ bodies. Damage is increased if enemy is wearing metal footwear, decreased slightly if wearing thick leather and greatly reduced if wearing rubber footwear. Pulling several bolts is possible, but would drain her to the point of unconsciousness.
Electric Chain: A chain whip that she wraps around her hands, with a small metal ball on the end, to wrap around body parts such as arms and legs. This is used to extend the reach of her Shock skill.

Combat style: Resourceful/Stealth. While she is very reluctant to use her magic, she doesn’t limit herself from anything that will help her. Throwing dirt and collected tiny metal shreds in enemy’s eyes. Tripping, climbing trees, biting, clawing and stabbing with small sharpened animal bones. She has a set of 2 small daggers, which are one of her most prized possessions. Good at escaping out of tight, close range situations and one-on-one combat. When something needs to be done, she prefers to know her environment well and do so without being noticed.

Anti-Hero
08-22-2012, 10:30 PM
Enjoy the IC people! (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=34031&p=1054301#post1054301)

SikstaSlathalin
08-23-2012, 04:13 PM
I have much to do today.

Anti-Hero
08-23-2012, 04:23 PM
no worries Siks no rush man

SikstaSlathalin
08-23-2012, 05:32 PM
It's a big post so far. XD

StormWolf
08-24-2012, 06:48 AM
my post is almost done.

SikstaSlathalin
08-24-2012, 04:17 PM
I think our guys will have some interesting interactions Storm.

Anti-Hero
08-24-2012, 05:07 PM
Atlas will be posting today

SikstaSlathalin
08-24-2012, 05:12 PM
Kooky.

Anti-Hero
08-24-2012, 06:23 PM
Woudl you guys, since there are so few of us want to keep a posting order? OR would you feel better without one?

ClumsyCalamity
08-24-2012, 06:26 PM
Doesn't matter to me, what ever is easiest. ^^

StormWolf
08-24-2012, 06:44 PM
i say no posting order, as that can lead to lulls in time and has lead to many RP's dying out in the past (personal experience :< )

Anti-Hero
08-24-2012, 06:53 PM
I'm in agreement their Storm. Generally mine was with bigger rps thats why I suggested since theres only 5 of us...which dude...PERFECT for an RP of an RPG style story XD

SikstaSlathalin
08-24-2012, 06:59 PM
Awesome now we just need to hope everyone keeps posting. xD

StormWolf
08-24-2012, 06:59 PM
I'm just curious as to what the Call to Action will be. I love sitting around, drinking, eating, screwing, and smoking as much as the next guy... but I'm anxious to see how hard the shit hits the fan XD

Anti-Hero
08-24-2012, 07:01 PM
It'll get very intense very quick I'd like to think

SikstaSlathalin
08-24-2012, 07:05 PM
Not until after my dwarf kicks the giant's ass!

RastkoB
08-24-2012, 11:26 PM
Got room for another to join?

Anti-Hero
08-25-2012, 12:52 AM
That I do.

RastkoB
08-25-2012, 12:59 AM
Any preferences? Want a male or female character to balance things out? Or am I free to do what I desire.

deamonstalker
08-25-2012, 01:06 AM
ooh! i wanna join as well! i wanna be...... wait, what are the specs for the race (dwarf, elf, daemon, human, faery, orc, and goblin?)

Anti-Hero
08-25-2012, 01:12 AM
Ratsko- No real preference.
Demonstalker- Humans only.

deamonstalker
08-25-2012, 01:13 AM
ok. well then ill start working on it.

RastkoB
08-25-2012, 01:26 AM
Logic: Alright I will probably something by the end of the night or tomorrow afternoon if I do not get to distracted with Guild Wars 2. Also a quick question. Should I keep the title of sword under skills even if I chose to go with a different weapon IE: Mace, Hammer. As you mentioned that anything used in Melee would be usable.

Anti-Hero
08-25-2012, 01:28 AM
No...you should stick to what your weapon is. All types of weapons are applicable. So if you chose Mace, make sure to specify MAce.

RastkoB
08-25-2012, 01:39 AM
Okay will do. Thanks for clearing that up.

deamonstalker
08-25-2012, 02:03 AM
hey whats exactly a GUN? what does it do and what are its atributes?

i want to create a char for it, but cannot due to the restrictions of lack of knowledge.

EDIT: nevermind, i got my answer.

Deadmind
08-25-2012, 03:18 PM
Yo, you have space for one more party member for your adventure?

Anti-Hero
08-25-2012, 03:19 PM
Yup.

I'd like to see the several people asking to joins CS sheets
I.e
Ratsko
Demonstalker
Deadmind before I continue to accept people.

:D

Deadmind
08-25-2012, 04:31 PM
And here's my CS, freshly brought from my mind.

Name: Kaze Vermillion
Character Description: A cheery fellow always seeking for opportunities, usually the wrong kind. Some would call him a shameless thief. He has a laidback nature and rarely goes into a serious mood, if he does, its usually important enough to stir him from his attitude. Though, even if his actions could be considered morally questionable, he values honour and companionship and would not stand seeing his companions be harmed.
Character Appearance: Kaze has a lean figure standing at 5'8 and weighing 175 pounds. His exposed well-built muscle has been weathered from the harsh winds of his homeland. He bares a sly grin which displays his cunning intellect and charisma. He wears minimal clothings and only wore a red bandana round his roughly brown-haired head and black linen pants with slight. His eyes shows a calm colour of yellow.

Background: Borne from a royal family of a desert kingdom, Kaze had a lavish and pampered life for him. He had savouring wine, vast wealth and various maidens except there was one thing for Kaze, life was simply too easy for him. Thinking it would be a bore just acquiring things from the very start, he turned to the frivolous and unnecessary life of thieving just for the thrills of acquiring things he wants. So he sold off the noble clothes he wore on his back as a severance to his ties to his family and for, of course, coins. Then, he sneaked into the family treasury and stole two prized scimitars to let his relative knows his initiation into thieving. He then fled and wandered the land for treasures and opportunities for thrills and adventure.

Skills: Swordsman - As one of the male heirs of his family, he had to go through compulsory military training. Being ambidextrous, he utilised two scimitars to deliver quick attacks.
List of future skills:
Bladewhirl - Kaze furiously spin his dual scimitars, generating wind and kicking up any debris toward enemies.
Royal Blood - As member of a royal bloodline, Kaze carries the exceptional innate quality of fierce charisma. Kaze would yell a loud war cry and deliver a heavy barrage of blows toward a single opponent, wearing and demoralising the target down.
Combat style: Plays defensive by keeping attacks at bay with his two scimitars. Once he sees an opening, he will deliver a flurry of strikes at quick succession.

deamonstalker
08-25-2012, 07:00 PM
well, ok then, here's my cs

Character Name:
Cherok Sirlgol
Character Age:
Character Description:
with a deep distrust of everyone, he has learned to hide his feelings in an impregnable mask of calm, he studies the others in his surrounding, as much as to gleam the possible reactions to his actions as to being able to discern and collect coin purses. the most of his expressions are a twitch of the mouth, up for happiness or laughter, down for sadness, or anger. the raise of an eyebrow for curiosity. as well as to show interest.
Character Appearance:
http://greywulf.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/thegovernor-300x300.jpg
Character Background:
as a child, he was always getting into trouble for thefts, even at a young age, he had an innate ability to pick locks and use sleight of hand with ease. though as time went on, he got caught less and less, though, he did not slow down in his thefts, he just took them for a few days, then returned them. thus perfecting his skills in subterfuge and deception, not to mention his stealth. by the age of 19, he was able to get into and out of the most secure places known to the village with the goods. upon one of his "adventures", he "acquired" a GUN, and took to trying to figure it out, however, the original owner, had burst in unsuspecting there to be a thief his his home, and was accidentally shot by the weakest attack, the Bolt of Wounding. due to the special of a stealth attack, was killed. after which, he had to leave the city, never to return, as they have a warent for his death. after a few years, one of his goals for the next few years, is to, just after his birth date, to rob the queen at one of the festivals, he plans to steal her broach, from her garments.and then ransom it back to her for a sizable gain. as he can get into and out of the building with ease, he has yet to learn the arts of accuracy and of the strength to be able to use the powers of a GUN with any skill.
Skills:
the first is already known, but can be improved upon. the next few are the ones he has yet to learn, in order of importance to his moral. as most of the attacks cost the user a level of concentration and/or energy over use can kill or wound the caster.
Bolt of Wounding- this is a very low level attack, that does minimal damage, unless used while the target is unaware, which then quintuplets the power of the attack in most cases causing death.
Shot of Healing- this attack is used to heal and fortify the target, restoring and increasing the existing limits of the target's(') health and defense, also curing most diseases and or poisons.

Bolt of Resurrection- this attack revives a recently killed ally and supplies it with the minimal health and defense to give it a chance of surviving. when coupled with the Shot of Healing, it can fully rejuvenate the target, in some rare cases, even cause a small reversal of age. even rarer is the great age reducer.

Multi-shot- this passive ability increases the attack rate of the wielder by 5.

Shield of LOVE- this defensive skill uses the pure and unselfish feelings and thoughts to create a shield around the caster and one(s) cared about. the most powerful form of this is after the caster has experienced True Love, after this, the caster can use this with even the most selfish of desires to power a relatively powerful shield.

Attack of the Ungodly- this attack is a more powerful attack basically an upgraded Bolt of Wounding, however, is only learned after a deep betrayal, either by the caster, or one of his allies, thus causing even the power of Shield of LOVE( if learned) to be corrupted, changing it into the Shield of HATE.

Shield of HATE- only learned if the Attack of the Ungodly is learned as well as the Shield of LOVE- this damaging shield is used to damage the attacker, with the same amount of damage that is sustained by it.
the shield is as strong as the feelings of hurt, hate, anger, and the thoughts of the caster the shield is only as strong as the feelings and thoughts. Eventually, the two attacks above, MAY be restored to their former selves as time goes on. but only if True Love can be achieved.

Shot of Poison Death- this attack is one of the few that are banned to teach, this attack if it hits the target the only thing that can save it is if it receives the attacks Shot of Healing and the Bolt of Resurrection repeatedly, for several days, causing the eventual death of at least one of the GUN operators due to lack of energy

Combat style: he mainly uses the shadows to attack, he also causes distractions if he decides that his allies need it. basically, he is a support unit, with the first and last strikes occasionally

Hey, is this too much? most of it is just support, but im new to this, so would you let me know if its ok?

Leila
08-25-2012, 10:15 PM
Are there any spaces left? Also, could you explain the GUN a bit better to me? Could I also know more about the rules of the skills I can have?

Anti-Hero
08-25-2012, 10:23 PM
Gun is essentially a magic oriented glove.

Skills don't have limitations other than what type of combat they fall under...I.E use your imagination

I will have a post up tonight in the IC sorry for the wait. (or when this storm quits)

Leila
08-25-2012, 11:15 PM
Name: Leila Lockheart

Character Description: A cynical young girl with a mocking nature. Leila has a wry sense of humour and an interest in machines. She is shameless, not caring what others think of her, bu is easily irritated by (what she calls) the stupidity of others. She shows others how she feels (usually quite vocally) but is extremely observant, watching everything around her even as she keeps up her banter.

Character Appearance: Leila is 5'7, her long legs giving her most of her height. She is lithe and thin. Her skin very pale with a shock of red hair upon her head that she leaves to flow in the wind. She wears a long leather coat over a set of light leather armour as well as a bronze-coloured GUN.
Background: Leila comes from a small village tht was ransacked by bandits when she was a child. She was the sole survivor of the attack as her father protected her from attack, sacrificing himself. Even though she was young, Leila did not long mourn her father. She found his GUN near his body and swore to use it to help those who were helpless against there enemies. She trained alone in the abandoned village until she was 15 when she decided to test her skill. She went to a local mercenary camp and attacked. She had defeated 3 mercenaries before she was subdued. The mercenaries saw that she had potential though and trained her with much better equipment than she had access to in the village. At the age of 18, Leila left the mercenary group and became a Bounty Hunter.

Skills: Bolt- The standard attack of Leila's GUN. She fires a single bolt of red lightning at an enemy. This is accurate up to 100 ft.
List of future skills:
Storm Cloud- Leila charges up the GUN with electrical energy before letting out a fast flurry of bolt attacks. Unaccurate but powerful against many opponents
Fluent Dance- Leila dances around her opponents moving in an erratic pattern. She is almost impossible to hit, though an area of effect attack would hit her.
Tinker- A passive ability tht raises the attack of all of Leila's bolt-based attacks. Leila has used some of her knowledge of technology to make her GUN more powerful.
Trick of the light- Leila releases a bright array of lightning from her GUN, blinding her enemies (and any unlucky allies too)
Gymnastics- Leila's gymnastic prowess is ut into battle allowing her to move faster over rough ground and dodge more deftly.

Combat style: Uses her small size and light weaponry to dance away from attacks, while volleying shots of lightning at her enemies.

SikstaSlathalin
08-26-2012, 03:29 AM
Ok post is finally done.

SikstaSlathalin
08-27-2012, 12:57 AM
I have family flying in for two weeks so I'll only prolly be on at night.

RastkoB
08-27-2012, 10:03 PM
Yeah dropping the idea of joining. Got too much on my plate at the moment to go about an rp right now. Perhaps another time.

Anti-Hero
08-28-2012, 07:29 PM
Lets get some posts up guys!

deamonstalker
09-04-2012, 10:56 PM
am i accepted? or no? i still have not gotten an answer

Anti-Hero
09-04-2012, 11:15 PM
sorry yeah everyone is accepted

deamonstalker
09-04-2012, 11:17 PM
ok. just let me revew the CS and then ill post

SikstaSlathalin
09-08-2012, 11:49 PM
Time for some conflict between Bugs and someone.

Anti-Hero
09-09-2012, 03:08 AM
agreed soon to make a narrator posts after the next 3 maybe

Cfavano
09-14-2012, 02:27 AM
I would like to join, but I read the rules and character sheet, but I would like some clarification. I would like to play a Paladin. A D&D style paladin, and, while it surely does involve up-close melee, there is more to it that that. How would I go about that, and is it allowed? To explain my question further, here's a description:

Paladins are indomitable warriors who've pledged their prowess to something greater than themselves. Paladins smite enemies with divine authority, bolster the courage of nearby companions, and radiate as if they are a beacon of indistinguishable hope. Paladins are transfigured on the field of battle, exemplars of divine ethos in action. To them is given the responsibility to unflinchingly stand before an enemy's charge, smiting them with their swords while protecting their allies with their sacrifice. Where others waver and wonder, their motivation is pure and simple, and their devotion is their strength. Where others scheme and steal, they take the high road, refusing to allow the illusions of temptation to dissuade them from their obligations.

I use a paladin in other RPs, so, to explain my dilemma, here are some of her powers that I have used there.

Divine challenge: She uses her power to 'challenge' a foe and force it to engage her. If it doesn't, it's soul then begins to burn with holy fire.

Divine Strength: After a small prayer to her God, she feels herself strengthened, and for a short while afterwards, her strikes are more powerful.

Lay on hands: She touches a wounded person or animal, and after a short prayer, the figure's wounds begin to heal rapidly.

Angelic intercession: She can teleport up to 25 feet to intercept an attack meant for an ally.

Death ward: She touches a dying person or animal, and at the cost of a portion of her own life force, can not just stop them from dying, but heal them as well.

To the Nine Hells with you: Divine light explodes out from her raised sword, blasting all foes within 25 feet of her with holy fire.

You can see that, while she is a melee combatant, she does have some magic. is this allowed?

Anti-Hero
09-14-2012, 03:38 AM
Most of those power are a bit over the top for this rp.

Cfavano
09-14-2012, 04:02 AM
I know. I did not say she would have them. I was just using an example

Anti-Hero
09-14-2012, 07:18 PM
I'm pointing out that a paladin is both a HIGHLY experienced warrior, and HIGHLY experienced mage. In this rp, characters are in no way experienced in war.

Cfavano
09-14-2012, 07:20 PM
no, actually. they are a soldier, who has some access to divine magic. while it can be used to smite enemies, they also have some healing and buffing. they don't begin with them, they gain them as they become more experienced.

Anti-Hero
09-14-2012, 07:49 PM
And I just said in the original post none of these characters have experience in war. I.E no soldiers. If you are intending on playing your paladin in anyway like this its OP and will not be accepted.

Also, in terms of roleplaying a Paladin is subject to the terms of a GM and it would do you wise in the future to not argue

SikstaSlathalin
09-16-2012, 01:25 AM
Ok so what just happened in IC? The Queen was kidnapped and Aetrimis is having a vision? Will the rest of us have that or what?

Cfavano
09-16-2012, 01:34 AM
well, then, to me, the premise makes no sense. Usually, a hero has at least SOME training. they don't just wake up one morning and say 'hmmm, I'm gonna go kill something'. Well, Deadpool does, but that's not the point. The point I am trying to make is, is that adventurers typically know how to fight. for example, a level 1 wizard is not an apprentice. He is a full-fledged wizard. do you get what I am trying to say?

SikstaSlathalin
09-16-2012, 01:38 AM
We all have training of some kind we have a Marauder, a Prize-fighter, Thieves etc I think he's just saying a Paladin is a highly and kinda professionally trained warrior. Maybe you can do something like the Crusader class in Oblivion and if you tone her down maybe it'll work?

Cfavano
09-16-2012, 01:56 AM
I did not intend to give her those powers. and I would rep you for the oblivion ref, had I not just repped you for your 26 points. I'd have to look it up, but yes, I think that would work. Instead of Rep, I give you this:

http://th03.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2012/013/4/4/so_pinkie__about_that_4th_wall____by_poisonrogue-d4m90cr.jpg

Anti-Hero
09-16-2012, 07:32 PM
Sorry I've been kind of in and out with work and such CF the crusader would work.

Siks its less a vision and more a flash of magical bar. I pretty much cut a span of six posts into 1 so we can get this rolling againg basically what you;d be posting about is how the "magical energy" that the people who kidnapped the queen rediated for Artemis it damn near blinded him, but left him enough vision to see sillouhettes.

SikstaSlathalin
09-17-2012, 02:10 AM
So wake up my guy and have him find his way to your guy? Following some magical pulling sense?

Anti-Hero
09-17-2012, 08:43 AM
Go forh that Siks it'll start getting characters together.

SikstaSlathalin
09-17-2012, 08:16 PM
Ok I'll work on a post any word from the other members?

Anti-Hero
09-17-2012, 09:16 PM
Just me you and Atlas so far. Car mael is absent for like a month and CFavano of course I count him as a member

deamonstalker
09-17-2012, 10:04 PM
I'm still here, just haven't found the time to post an opening, so I will just make my post after the murder... is that ok?

Anti-Hero
09-17-2012, 11:42 PM
mhm

SikstaSlathalin
09-18-2012, 12:54 AM
Ok small post up.

XHaphazardX
09-20-2012, 07:59 PM
Hey:] i really would like to join this roleplay, but im a newbie to this site! :) So anyways, where do i post my character? Do I need to be approved? Kinda confused...

Anti-Hero
09-20-2012, 08:05 PM
post an ooc in here and Ill let you know if its accepted

Kris
09-29-2012, 05:30 PM
This thread has been featured as this week's roleplay of the week (http://role-player.net/forum/site.php)