Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Recipes + Winery Recycled Threads

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    every genre
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mmmmm! Oh Meinolf! Look at those strawberries now! So that's why you titled this thread the way you did!

No, no suggestions on my end right now. Let me just... look at these pictures for a moment longer...

Apocolyptic, high-fantasy, space western, sword & sorcery.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Take all the time you need, babe. I can go all night long.

A geographical oddity...Two weeks from everywhere...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So speaking of burritos (in a way): I found some half-decent store bought tortillas by the "tortilla factory". When you've just opened the bag, and you heat them up quickly..well, they at least beat out the flabby mission tortillas! And they don't flake all over the place either :P

The Readiness is all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I tried being vegetarian and I lasted about six months, but I lost so much weight and couldn't gain it back... I had to go back to meat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What the ... Somehow, my pictures in this thread have catapulted above the views of my very own sig! That must mean ... someone in this thread must have signatures turned off!!

I guess that means I need to have a new signature made. One even more powerful than all those before it. One that will break through this puny wall and show its glory to all!!!

Wait, I think I need more exclamation points!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

every genre
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aheris View Post
    So speaking of burritos (in a way): I found some half-decent store bought tortillas by the "tortilla factory". When you've just opened the bag, and you heat them up quickly..well, they at least beat out the flabby mission tortillas! And they don't flake all over the place either :P
    You will have to give me tips on how to properly cook those. Last time I tried similar ones, they all turned out like frisbees. Super stiff. I followed the package directions, so I totally don't get it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How to make a tortilla: 2 cups flour, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. baking powder, 3 tbsp. butter, and 2/3 cup of water. You need some gluten in your flour, so try to use all-purpose. Mix the dry ingredients, and pour in the butter -- that has been melted -- and the water. Mix with hands. The end result will still be a little wet. Lightly flour your hands, and give it 8-10 good kneads while it is still in the bowl. Let it rest for 45 mins to 1 hour. Take it out of the bowl and divide it into 8 pieces. Form into balls, and let rest for 15 mins.

Place onto a floured surface and roll out into round circles, starting from one end and going to the other, but never going over the edges. After each one to two rolls, rotate the dough 45 degrees and repeat. You should end up with a round, or at least somewhat round, shape. Don't panic if it isn't, but you should end up with each one being around 7- to 9-in. in diameter. I think it is about 1/8- to 1/4-in. in thickness.

Make sure they have little to no flour on them, and place them on a skillet that is medium-low to medium in temperature. Cook for about a minute on each side.

It might take you a failed start the first time you do this to get the temperature right, but they should come out quite tasty regardless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have a couple of adorable veggies here. They make me foods sometimes. Homemade pizza is awesome. I'll have to ask for specific recipes.

I recommend Miso soup. It's super easy to make as long as you have some sort of Asian market nearby that sells miso.

Also, lettuce wraps, nachos, curry, ect. I mostly know snacks because that's what they feed me.

I'm trying to think and it isn't working.
    Fruit smoothies. I usually just do frozen fruit because it's cheap but fresh fruit is best. I use skyr instead of yogurt because generally speaking it's better for you and it's easier to find skyr that isn't full of additives. I use oj or apple juice to make it more liquidy.

Edamame! I eat that shit like it's going out of style. Costco alot of times sells enormous packs of it. Pop it in the microwave, put some salt on it and you're good to go.

Almonds are a good nutritious snack and they have proteins and such.

I'm a huge fan of fruit, especially if it's from a local farmstand. Better for your local economy, better tasting and better for the earth too.

Sammiches I love with no meat
    Tomato, basil, olive oil and vinegar
    Tomato, cucumbers, and ranch
    Banana and peanut butter
    banana and nutella

Name some food ingredients that you like because I'm trying not to suggest things like chard that I know a lot of people don't like.
    Last edited by Sanguine; 08-30-2011 at 03:17 AM.

Hang with the Deadly Sins!
    Metaphor is one of a group of problem-solving medicines known as figures of speech which are normally used to treat literal thinking and other diseases.
    Grant Morrison

Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3738394041 ... LastLast