D R E A M C A T C H E R

DISCLAIMER:

Spoiler: read the disclaimer! 

------------------------

Spoiler: plot 

=====

CHARACTERS:

Spoiler: SKELETON 

This thread will be edited regularly once I get some things in order. Like a c. skeleton for Mythos.

Mythos:
    Spoiler:  
    Last edited by THE.Lomein; 02-18-2011 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Added Mythos's bio.
    Where's Lomein?

Weasyl | Deviantart | Tumblr

It's 2017. Let's open this can of worms again.

B
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy? Weird? Dark? Maybe
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I think this is like the third Role Play called Dream Catcher before - hope it works out well for you, why not submit it for Roleplay of the Week or put it in the Roleplaying Games Directory or click here to help attract players?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've been pondering whether or not to join this roleplay since I joined here yesterday - but before I get a character profile up, I have a couple of questions, if you don't mind me asking them?

1. Is it okay if I don't want my character not to be include in a book that you might make from this roleplay? Any actions that he might contribute to the plot is alright by me to include, but not the character himself.

2. How crazy can we get with the races? The character I plan to bring in is a race of my own creation - its nothing so strange that no one will be able to relate to it, but he's not your typical elf, pixie, demon, etc. (More like a blend of the three...)

3. About the dream essence - is there any restrictions on what sort of weapon it morphs into? My character is a mage/cleric/defender sort of guy, so I was thinking his dream essence could morph into a staff that focuses his energy and allows him to heal/defend.

Ehh, looking at these questions now, they seem kind of silly - but better safe than sorry!

Spoiler: the roleplays of miss lemon poppyseed 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1: If you want to remain anonymous, then I can edit any real details you don't want out of the final thing.

2: Please, be as creative as you want. This is what my RPs are all about: creativity. knock yourself out, and go nuts.

3: Obviously I don't want you to try and bring a tactical nuclear strike into this. After all, I am going to be approving characters only if they can keep a balance. OP characters will be asked to file down or GTFO. But other than that, almost anything is game.
    Where's Lomein?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Alright, sounds good to me! Thanks for the speedy responses!
    I'm working on my character profile now; it should be up later tonight or early tomorrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sounds quite a bit like the Sandman comics <3 Sure, I'll join! Are there any character ideas you're looking for? Since you're aiming for this to be published, I assume you have some ideas. Just PM me with any requests for characters when you get a chance.

Uncross Your Legs,
    Sit Up Straight,
    Right Hand Off The Mouse,
    Left Elbow Off The Desk,
    Stop Touching Your Face With Your Left Hand,
    Why Is Your Room So Messy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Really, I'm looking for original characters, so if you want to participate, just make a character.

I should mention that half of the original twenty will become corrupted to destroy dream catchers.
    Where's Lomein?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Okay, so I decided to completely revamp my original idea!
    My character sheet is ridiculously tl;dr, I know, but I had tons of fun!
    Let me know if there’s any questions about him.

NAME
    Mohan le Bone

RACE
    Morphos

Spoiler: Description of the Morphos Race 

Mohan’s current form is that of a sixteen year old boy, but he has really been living since the 18th century.

SEX
    Male

PHYSICAL
    Mohan le Bone has usurped the body of an 18th century sixteen year old boy named Czeslaw [SHEZ-law] le Bone, whose appearance is the one you see when you look at him. His face is one of innocence – looking at him, you wouldn’t be able to tell that he really isn’t human inside. He has chestnut brown eyes that are wide and almond-shaped, with thin, short eyebrows framing them. On his head, you’ll find olive brown hair – it’s the sort of hair that tries to be neat and tidy, but simply fails at it. Instead, it has a sort of windswept appearance. Some of his hair falls in his face, curtaining his forehead from the rest of the world. It’s soft and silky in texture, but a huge pet peeve of Mohan’s is when people audaciously touch or pet his hair.

He is rather short for his age, being only five feet and two inches in height. He’s rather scrawny – you won’t find any sort of muscles on his body, and he doesn’t weight very much. A person of average height and weight could pick Mohan up and put him on his shoulders, and it probably wouldn’t be very difficult at all. For clothes, it’s almost painfully obvious that his native “timezone” is the 18th century, since he has problems adapting to different timezones, despite living in them for ages. He dons a school boy’s uniform of that time, an uncomplicated garment. For his shirt, Mohan wears a white and olive brown long-sleeved, collared shirt, equipped with gold buttons that go down the shirt. He wears olive brown dress pants and a pair of white shoes (that he hates getting scuffed) along with it.

QUICK HISTORY
    Mohan, as a Morphos, once lived peacefully in his Morphos form in a meadow near a peaceful lake in 18th century England, that had been untouched by human eyes for quite some time. However, the meadow was soon populated by humans who polluted its nearby lake and promptly destroyed the greenery than Mohan once called home. In retaliation, he bonded with the soul of Czeslaw le Bone, the youngest son in the le Bone family, who was responsible for the creation of this town which had so rudely destroyed the nature it had been built upon. Mohan used what little influence Czeslaw had to stop some of his father’s future projects, which included tearing down nearby forests for more lumber and building unnecessary factories that would pollute nearby lakes. However, once it became apparent after a few years that their son was not aging, the le Bone family began to become suspicious, and thought their child might’ve been a changeling. Mohan fled the town, and since then has been traveling the world to right the humans’ many grievous wrongs to the best of his limited ability.

In this current century, Mohan is well-known in the United Kingdom as “Nature’s Orphan,” which refers to his mysterious, unknown background and his love for the planet. He is currently posing as the son of a well-spoken politician (who has taken him under his wing) and using this small influence to propel his environmentalist agenda. If there are enemies of nature which are planning more projects that will hurt the world that he cannot reason with, he has contacts that make sure they end up in a hospital, and then, during hospital visits, he’ll inconspicuously “heal” them while they’re sleeping, rendering them dead. It’s a cozy setup he has, and he would hate to lose it.

PERSONALITY
    Being hundreds of years old isn’t really all that exciting when you’re stuck in the body of a sixteen year old.

Meet Mohan, a spiritual being who has captured the soul of an innocent young boy, in order to further his own life and attempt to preserve nature, which seems, by all its right, to be an extreme hopeless task. Since he has lived for quite some time, Mohan is a knowledgeable fellow, especially when it comes to history. He knows quite a lot about events that have happened around the world, though his knowledge stops at around the 18th century – anything beyond that is Greek to him. Since he was “born,” in England, he has a heavy British accent and speaks very formally – you won’t catch him using contractions or slang – which has always made him seem out of place in society.

He is analytical and scheming – because, for all its worth, Mohan hates humans and everything they’ve ever done to his people and the planet – it is a passive hatred, however, because even Mohan realizes that not all humans are bad. To put it in simpler terms, he hates humans as a whole, but recognizes that stray individuals can be good. This does not justify his prejudice, however – because even if he befriends one good human, that won’t stop him from thinking up ways to annihilate more humans, or how he can weasel his way into higher standing, which can allow him to debate with groups of humans to keep the planet safe.

Mohan is quite a charmer – you could call him a silvertongue when it comes to words. He always knows the right thing to say and when to say it, although he is not good at talking with cocky females who think they’re better than him – something about them really skeeves him off. He isn’t very athletic, however, his body being far too scrawny to even play sports or run very quickly. Mohan is authoritative and has issues with listening to anyone else’s orders – he is the boss, not you. After all, who the hell do you think you are? He’s been living for centuries!

NORMAL POWERS As a Morphos, Mohan is already capable of some magic. For one, he is capable to heal others (and himself) but he cannot heal anyone of the human race – if he does, it acts as a poison, which will effectively kill them. Also, since Czeslaw le Bone’s soul was a neutral soul, he has no additional powers to speak of, originally, except for the power of the defender. This basically means that Mohan can create shields and barriers that can block both physical (melee) and magical attacks. Granted, there is always a restriction to the amount of time a barrier or shield can stay up, and eventually, all of his protection magic will break/fade away, but his powers make him a good cleric to have on your side.

DREAM ESSENCE The Soul Shard
    The Soul Shard is exactly what is sounds like – the soul of his human host, Czeslaw le Bone, in the form of a key-shaped shard. If Mohan fuses with the Soul Shard, it forces Czeslaw’s soul to take on the alignment of Mohan, which is that of darkness. As Csezlaw’s soul turns dark, Mohan is now able to control darkness and shadows, which can only be done for a limited amount of time, however. He can manipulate shadows tendrils, use the shadows to levitate other items around him, and create illusions that can mess with the psyche of his victims. Granted, this power only lasts for a limited amount of time, as Czeslaw’s soul is not able to handle large amounts of darkness at a time.

DREAM CATCHER Nature’s Sanctum, Mohan le Bone’s Dreamcatcher.

FLAWS
    PERSONAL
    • Overconfident.
    • Unable to trust humans.

PHYSICAL
    • Scrawny, has little to no physical strength.
    • Currently has no method of attacking others when he is not in his Soul Shard form.

OTHER One of Mohan’s powers is being able to heal, which reacts as a poison when used on humans and instead poison them. This sounds overpowered, so when he is in the Realm of Dreams (or whichever setting the roleplay eventually takes place in) he will not be able to use the healing ability on humans, which will take away his ability to kill them. He’ll still be able to heal himself and other races though, he just won’t be able to kill humans in that fashion.
    Last edited by Lemon Poppyseed; 01-28-2011 at 04:03 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That is the greatest reply ever! ( rep added 8] ) This is what I'd expect from skeletons.

hoever, I have to inquire more about the dream essence weapon form. Since no character will start with the ability of fusing with their essence, I wonder what this "soul shard" would look like. would it be like a dagger of sorts?
    Where's Lomein?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh, good question! I totally forgot that the Dream Essence needs a form.

I was actually thinking that the Soul Shard would take the form of a key, actually. The key would be thrust into his chest and would essential "unlock" his darker form, if you would.

Oh, and thanks for the rep! 8D I'm glad you liked it - I had tons of fun writing Mohan!
    Last edited by Lemon Poppyseed; 01-28-2011 at 04:02 AM.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast