Page 1 of 72 12351 ... LastLast

Thread: [M/R] The Unseen: Act 2: OOC (S)

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Science-Fiction, Mature, Private
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default [M/R] The Unseen: Act 2: OOC (S)

This RP is rated R for: Violence, Blood, Gore, Language, Alcohol, Drug Abuse, Sexual Content, Nudity, and anything else that comes along. If you cannot handle that stuff, this isn't for you, and you should go play somewhere else. (Link to the IC Thread.)
    ALL NEW PLAYERS WHO ARE INTERESTED IN JUMPING IN FOR THE NEXT ACT, SEND ME YOUR CS. I AM NOT ACCEPTING ANYMORE NEW PLAYERS FOR ACT 2. If you want to read through everything up to this point, then click the following links:

OOC (Backstory, Characters, Relics, Unseen-Halves, etc, laid out for Act 1)
    IC (the Events that took place in Act 1)

However, it is not necessary to read through everything, as I will provide a concise summary of essential information below.
    The Unseen: The Story So Far
    Twenty years ago, in the year 2022, a solar storm erupted from the sun and swept out across the surrounding system of planets, washing over Earth eight days later changing certain people, and opening them up to powers and experiences they never could imagine before. On the outside, they appeared just like you and me, but on the inside lurked their Unseen half, waiting for a chance to emerge...

The Isle of Alesia, fifty miles off the coast of North Carolina, provided a hidden base of operations for the Syber-Netix corporation, forced to relocate there when their cybernetics research was banned by the U.S. government. It also served as a top secret relocation hub for the X-Files division of the FBI and the Catholic Church, both of whom captured and relocated those people who visibly demonstrated and exhibited changes. Now, all three organizations keep an eye on those who live there, while hiding the true nature of the island's special residents from the rest of the world to avoid a full-scale panic.

Five Days Ago:Various individuals on the Island of Alesia started recognizing their powers and finding others who were like themselves. While they were doing that, they also received information from a variety of other sources about the Relics. Now those individuals have fled the Isle of Alesia to seek out those Relics on their own terms, for their own reasons...

The Present Time is August 20th, 2042, one day after the end of events in Act 1 of The Unseen.
    Act 2: The Hunt for the Relics:
    Each player in this RP controls one character, who is half-human, half-Unseen. The five possible factions for that Unseen half are: Angel, Demon, Vampire, Werewolf, Cyborg. (see the section in the original OOC for information about these.) The Unseen-half of your character is completely undetectable unless you use your powers in a way that will tip others off. For all intents and purposes, there is no way to differentiate characters by appearance, scanning, or tests. The only way to tell what someone's "other half" is, is to observe them using their powers from that half, or if they are near to, or handling a Relic.

Information has been recovered by various individuals (some players, some NPCs) regarding the Relics. Here is what you need to know:

There are five Relics. Each one is small enough to be worn on a bracelet or as a pendant, earring, or other similarly sized piece of jewelry:

1) The Teardrop: Turquoise in color, in the shape of teardrop--the legend goes that a sea is captured within; lined in platinum. Rumored Location: Peru.

2) The Bloodstone: A round garnet, looking like it has something swirling within. Set in a mysterious black metal.
    Rumored Location: Romania.

3) The Winterstar: At first glance, this appears to be a diamond, but it pulses with an inner glow that twinkles like a star; it is star-shaped. It is cold to the touch.
    Rumored Location: Russia.

4) The Dragon's Eye: A cat's eye agate with a twist; legend has it that you can see a dark flame burning within its shadowy center. It feels warm to the touch. It is set in gold.
    Rumored Location: Egypt.

5) The Shadowheart: This stone is as black as midnight on a new moon, with the tiniest shimmers of luminescence sparkling from time to time within, but never long enough to be sure you even saw them. It is smooth and round, and possess only a small single silver half loop whose two ends are sealed into the stone.
    Rumored Location: Unknown.

When dealing with the Relics, keep the following rules in mind:

1) If a character touches a Relic or even comes within reach of it, it will immediately reveal his/her Unseen-half for all who are in the presence of that individual. This effect will disappear if the character moves far enough away from the Relic.

2) Others will be able to recognize the Unseen-half of a character who carries a Relic as long as it is on or near enough to that character's person.

3) The character carrying the Relic will receive an enhancement to the strength of their power and vitality equivalent to a 20% increase -- enough to give them a clear edge in combat if necessary, but it will not double or exponentially increase a character's power. Each additional Relic held by that individual adds another roughly 20% equivalent bonus to the character's power and vitality.

4) If all five artifacts are gathered by members of a single faction and brought together in the Temple of Revelation, an underground ruin located beneath the island of Alesia, then the world will undergo massive transformation into a world where the members of that one faction are all enhanced, and the prevailing conditions will make the other four factions suffer negative effects, and diminished powers.
    The Rules for this RP:
    1) I, ~N~ (Nyxerian), am the sole GM of this RP. I will decide who gets to join and who does not. If there is a matter of dispute between players, I will decide the outcome. If you do not like my decision, you can always take your ball and go home.

2) Please feel free to communicate with me in a PM. I will listen to what you have to say, consider it, and do my best to give you a fair response. I will not promise that you will agree with me, or that you will like me.

3) You should be a decent role-player if you're considering this RP; I want you to be giving your best. As long as you're willing to put in the effort consistently, and make this RP the best you've ever played in, then you are welcome to join, no matter your background or experience.

4) There will be combat in this RP between characters. My rule regarding combat between RPers is this: No one-shot kills. Everything else is fair game, and I expect you to interact accordingly. If you think something is out of line, and you absolutely cannot work with it, then come to me, and I'll either tell you to work with it, or I will ask the other party to edit his/her post. Don't come crying to me the first time your character gets a bloody nose.

5) Interaction is Key: Make certain that each post you write moves things along. Length doesn't matter to me. Most people find it easier to interact with others than go solo, so put yourself into their story in a way that makes sense and gives them something to work with; don't wait for them to interact with you, and be flexible about what happens. A rigid plan is the surest way to get frustrated when working with others.

6) You are allowed one week to respond to a post involving your character. If you haven't posted in seven days from the last post involving your character, I will put a notice in the OOC to give everyone else the green light to do with your character as they please.

7) Spelling should not be an issue: that's why we have a spell-checker. Your grammar should be good enough that we can read your posts.

8) You get one character at a time. If that character dies, you may create another. Yes, character death can and most likely will happen here.

9) You must submit your character sheet for approval before you are able to participate. If I approve your character sheet, you're free to post.
    On Posting:
    Since there will be most likely a lot of different characters interacting in different places on this thread, you are required to post the following at the top of every single post:
    DATE:
    TIME:
    Character Sheet:
    On your character sheet, you are obligated only to give the following information publicly:

Name:
    Sex:
    Appearance/Equipment/Personality:

YOU MUST PM ME THE FOLLOWING:
    Your Unseen Half:
    For Vamps and Lycanthropes: The animal/shape (only one) that you can transform into.
    Pending Characters waiting for Acceptance:
    I AM NO LONGER ACCEPTING NEW CHARACTERS FOR THIS ACT. HOWEVER, YOU CAN PM ME YOUR CHARACTER SHEETS AND I WILL CONTACT YOU WHEN ACT 3 BEGINS (PROBABLY SOMETIME IN DECEMBER). THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST! In the meantime, you can read up and familiarize yourself on the events of Acts 1 and 2!

Accepted Inactive Characters:
    Nimh - Taylor Banks-Current Location: Romania.
    calamosis - Terence Cornelius Weaver-Current Location: Moscow, Russia
    Ava - Ava Hamilton-Current Location: Moscow, Russia
    FracturedPixel - Caden White-Current Location: Moscow, Russia
    Randomlogic - Isaac W. Scott-Current Location: Cairo, Egypt
    Cookies Ahoy - Timothy-James “TJ” Hunt-Current Location: Romania

Accepted Active Characters:
    RisingPhoenix - Nicolai Osciar (pronounced Oh-Sear) Davins-Current Location: Lima, Peru
    Innkeeper - Stephanie Kailous-Current Location: Lima, Peru
    Mysteria - Shiloh Joanna Thompson-Current Location: Cairo, Egypt
    Aheris - Guilana “La Bella” Della Romagna-Current Location: Lima, Peru
    Anne Bonny - Tansy James-Current Location: Bucharest, Romania
    Kris - Sarina Gohar (Aka: "Sarah", "Rina")-Current Location: Moscow, Russia
    Black Dog - Gihst Wich-Current Location: Romania.
    Serin - Lance Navarrette-Current Location: Lima, Peru
    Prophet - Thomas Fynn-Current Location: Romania.

Noteworthy NPCs:
    Maximillian "Max" Miller (CEO of Syber-Netix)-Current Location: Cairo, Egypt, headed for Memphis, Egypt
    Jennifer Maxwell (Lead Archaeologist w/Max)-Current Location: Isle of Alesia, Syber-Netix HQ
    Sarah Richards (Assistant to Lead Archaeologist w/Max)-Current Location: Cairo, Egypt, headed for Memphis, Egypt
    Pope Pius XII (Church)-Current Location: Rome, Italy, Vatican.
    Father Bernardo Francis (Church)-Current Location: Lima, Peru
    Brother Stephen Martucci (Church)-Current Location: Rome, Italy, headed for the Vatican.
    Cardinal Pietri (Church)-Current Location: Rome, Italy, Vatican.
    Dr. Myanne Katarinas (Hospital, FBI)-Current Location: Isle of Alesia, Daylight Hospital
    Gerald Brassier (FBI X-Files Division)-Current Location: Unknown
    "Big Tony" Antonio Iglesias, Italian Mob Boss, associates include Marco, Frankie Farelli, Sammy Samsoni (Italian Mafia)-Current Location: Bound for Saint Petersburg, Russia
    Jeremy Venture (Syber Netix)-Current Location: Rome, Italy, headed for Cumae, Italy.
    Benjamin Frakes (Syber Netix)-Current Location: Lima, Peru
    Police Chief Marcus Grabiski (Alesia PD)-Current Location: Isle of Alesia
    Detective Michael Braddock (Alesia PD)-Current Location: Isle of Alesia
    Detective Jared Long (Alesia PD)-Current Location: Isle of Alesia
    Victor Stanislov - Russian Mob boss, associates include Boris Scarkoff (Russia Mafia)-Current Location: Moscow, Russia

Unofficial FAQ
    1) Are you still accepting?
    Yes, but only for Act 3. All acceptances for Act 2 are closed due to its imminent conclusion.

1b) Where do we start with our first post?
    Wherever you want. If you start on the Isle of Alesia, then you may want to include how you got there, but this is not required. If you're starting somewhere else in the World, please take into consideration that you are going to have to have to interact to be part of this story--don't stick yourself in Siberia 500 miles from the next player unless you don't care to play with anyone.

2) Would a character without an Unseen-half be accepted?
    No, however, there's nothing saying you must ever show your "other" side (unless you grab a Relic). For all intents and purposes, you could act and remain human for the entire duration of this RP.

3) What methods, if any, does the World of this RP have of keeping people in line?

If an angel goes all nuts and calls down holy fire on someone in front of the public, any available agents (played by me) will come down on him/her and start "neutralizing" the threat. That's why displays of power must be discreet. In this RP, I will be playing the part of The World--meaning those citizens that usually just act as window dressing and fodder? They're going to have "teeth" in this one. You can't just knock them around without some kind of reaction. And remember, you're still half human. If twelve of them jump you, you're not going to be able to beat them off, no matter what you are--at least, not by yourself. Also, remember that if you use your powers, you're exposing your true Unseen-half to other players as well.

4) What about traditional assumptions from other lore about angels, demons, lycanthropes, vampires, and cyborgs?

First, remember that you are only HALF angel/demon/lycanthrope/vampire/cyborg--from that, everything else I'm going to say follows:

Forget all your prior assumptions about any of those things from this point forward. Angels aren't necessarily "holy" or "good", just as demons are not "evil" or "corrupt" by nature. Why? Because even if you cannot believe angels are "bad" or demons are "good", your human half can easily be the opposite and override your angelic/demon half. Be as bad or as good as you want to be, regardless of what your other half is. You have my endorsement and permission to do that.

Regarding possession or an internal struggle with your Unseen-half-- technically, you are not possessed--you just possess some demonic/angelic powers and/or characteristics. This goes the same way for vampires--obviously you're not some Sire's child. You were not embraced; there are no 400 year-old pure, full-blood vampire elders in this world. So treat your demonic/vampiric/lycanthropic/angelic/cybernetic powers as just that--gifted powers you were given or bestowed, but not a mandated foreign consciousness that is trying to take over your body. Now, if you want to play a character with multiple personalities, by all means, go right ahead, but there is no obligation to do so.

5) Regarding various associates, NPCs who may be loyal to you, etc; you cannot have them do anything significant. If you go around with a half-vampire gang for example, you cannot say "They all fight with me", because basically that would be like multiplying your character times ten or whatever number they are. They can get your messages, clean your house, shine your shoes, and do your laundry, but they cannot fight your battles for you. I wouldn't want anyone summoning an army of demons, commanding an army of robots, or any such thing. In the case where one of your npc lackeys gets in a situation where they might be pitted against someone else's character, as GM, I'll give that person with the primary character the edge in most cases of dispute. In other words: do your dirty work yourself. It's more fun that way anyway.

6) I will be playing the part of "The World". I will control npcs ranging from significant figures to average civilians who will react accordingly to what you do, and will do things of their own. I will not be making a specific character in this RP, as I do not think that would be A) very sporting, and B) this is a new challenge for me as a roleplayer, and one that I personally have never seen a GM do--taking the part of the normally helpless, defenseless, faceless "world" around the characters.

So be mindful; the World will have an advocate in me, and I will assume the personalities you meet and inevitably interact with to make this RP even more interesting and provocative.

7) A note about Power-gaming: At NO point should your characters act as if they know something they don't, unless it's justified (like a fit of paranoia, in which case they don't actually know anything for certain, they're just freaking out). Keep in mind that players will be revealing parts of themselves in this RP, but unless your character witnesses this, or they're walking around with a relic, there really needs to be a good reason for your character to "act as if they know", otherwise I'm going to hit you with a "Power-gaming" penalty, and ask you to edit your post. Just be aware -- your characters know only what THEY know, not what YOU as a player know.
    Last edited by ~N~; 11-22-2011 at 08:22 PM.

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

This looks like a great game. Why not submit it for Roleplay of the Week or put it in the Roleplaying Games Directory or click here to help attract players?

~RPA's Lady of Peace~
    Upon the whispering winds and in a state of total confusion
    Anything and everything with the exception of horror
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Awesome!!

There's nothing more deadly than slow growing fear...
    Spoiler: Mysti's random stuff and shoutouts. 

A geographical oddity...Two weeks from everywhere...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

I'm so excited !

Mystic of the Grimoire
    Working on sun lab.. need more A/C portals
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

totally still in!!

"Even Dreams, can be a nightmare"
    Spoiler: Click it, I dare ya! 

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

OH NO! THE HORROR!!!!!!!!

Strikes back!

every genre
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

OH OH OH OH OH

You guys! This is the best!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Name: Ava Hamilton
    Sex: Female
    Appearance/Equipment/Personality: Blonde hair, golden brown eyes, pale skin, about 5'6.
    She carries two daggers, and a glock.
    Ava is an outspoken woman, who isn't the first one to jump into a fight but can hold her own. Not very trusting, but very loyal I'd you earn her trust.
    "To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." -Oscar Wilde

Fantasy, Science-Fiction, Mature, Private
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ava, you're in. Just tell me where you're starting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Moscow Russia please
    "To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." -Oscar Wilde

Page 1 of 72 12351 ... LastLast