I love anime and manga, so I've also obbsessed over the japanese culture and their food I've watched the old 90's Japanese Iron Chef episodes and a spark lit up in me to try making some Asian cooking by adding in my own flavor a little
Here are some recipes.
First Recepie: Tanyuki
1. 3 normal sized bottles of Sweet and Sour Sauce, Either the La Choy normal kind or the La Choy Sweet and Sour Duck sauce. Or any other sweet and sour sauce you can find though La Choy makes the best and especially the duck kind
2. One to two bottles of soy sauce depending on if you like the saltyness more or not.
3. two tablespoons of curry (Add more if you'd like)
4. Two tablespoons of either powedered ginger or fresh ginger peeled and pressed like garlic.
5. Two table spoons of honey
6. A tsp of salt and pepper
7. one table spoon of Five Spice poweder
8. Two cans of Pinneapple juice the normal size not the overly big ones
9. One can of mandarin orange juice.
After taking all those ingridents you add them into a bowl and whisk, then you can take beef, pork, or chicken and cut the meat into thin slices. Make sure that the meat isn't too long otherwise it won't cook well. After you've cut hte meet add it to the sauce mix. This acts like a marinade and once you add the last bit to the pan you will create a good sauce.
For vegtables take any chinese veggies mix thats frozen from your local groccery store and fry them up in a hot pan with some oil not a lot otherwise you will get splattered with it and it hurts!
If you want to use fresh vegtables heres what kind then,
1. Brocoli florets
2. Bell peppers
3. Shitake mushrooms
4. Bamboo shoots
5. Water chestnuts
6. Snow peas or sugar snap peas or both
8. Onions not diced but in strips that are medium sized but can still fit in your mouth
9 Diced aples
10. diced pineapples
11. canned mandarin oranges.
In a wok or a pan with some rice wine or rice cooking oil fry up your meat untill it's thougroughly cooked through keeping the sauce too.
After everything is cooked make sure the vegtables and fruit are combined in one bowl then same for the meat and sauce. Have a seperate bowl for rice or noodles whatever you choose to have with this dish then Bonn Appitite
You can have rice or chinese noodles with this it's up to you Enjoy~!