I know that there are tons of good roleplayers here on RPA. However, I'm sure we all know that roleplaying isn't a complete cakewalk. It can be frustrating and take tons of struggling to come up with that One Great Perfect In Character Response (TM).
Out of curiosity and boredom I'd like to know what some of your personal roleplaying weaknesses are.
My biggest roleplay weaknesses are overthinking and writing too much. My characters can't just say "Cool story bro" and move on to what's important. They must have a (-n overblown, in my opinion) reaction for every action another character does.
This also tends to bog down actions scenes I try to write. What used to be my character just lifting a boulder off the ground with her powers essentially becomes a paragraph or so me gushing over my character in a cool pose. Eyuck.
So, what are your roleplaying/writing weaknesses? Do you:
- struggle through certain genres and/or scenes, like romance and/or horror?
- hate hate hate hate hate roleplaying with certain characters because they're hard to work with/you just don't like them?
- Take too long to make a respond because you fuss too much over what your character would do and how they would do it?
- wish you could think of characters that are more unique, rounded, interesting, etc?
- not have any roleplaying weaknesses?
Go on and share it please!
(Please ignore me spoonfeeding you discussion topics. If you have something else to discuss, feel free to bring it up.)