Thread: Pokemon: The Wielders of Ki [M]

No Worries
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy (dark, modern, historical, high), Sci-fi, Steam Punk, Parody, or any combination therein!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Pokemon: The Wielders of Ki [M]

DISCLAIMER

What's that? A pokemon fan fiction with a mature theme? Why the hell not! This plot was originally the plot of an RP I wanted to do, but it died. So I revamped it, created some new characters, and basically made it 20% more awesome.

What can you expect from a mature pokemon fan fiction?
    -Romance: Our heroes are not abstinent teenagers oblivious to the lures of the opposite sex.
    -Violence: Expect pokemon battles that I describe as I believe they would actually be like.
    -Death: Pokemon aren't immortal? Shocker.
    -Foul Laguage: Again, these aren't kids!

I don't mind criticism/ reviews if you want to give it. I'm doing this to get back into writing and to polish up my style while having fun. I know I make a lot of grammar mistakes, so please point those out me because those are the hardest for me to spot.

The one thing I won't tolerate is people telling me "This isn't pokemon!" Of course it's not! Not entirely. This has a better plot.
    I plan on keeping certain things the same. But how I explain them may not be the way bulbapedia explains it. And I claim artistic liberties on that right now. However, if you find something wrong please do tell me. Example: If my description of pokemon evolution goes directly in the face of the games and shows, tell me! That's something I want to keep pert'near on the money. (Like my country word? )

I think I covered everything. Everyone here already knows I don't own Pokemon...so that's not needed. On with the show!
    Last edited by Mary Sue; 05-09-2012 at 07:52 AM.

No Worries
    Fantasy (dark, modern, historical, high), Sci-fi, Steam Punk, Parody, or any combination therein!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

CHAPTERS

CH 1 - The Dawn of Heroes

INFO BANK
    Couldn't think of a better word. Stuff will go here describing other stuff. Like WTF ki is.

Neo Rockets: An organized crime syndicate named after the original Team Rocket which disbanded 60 years before our story takes place. Currently their movements and motives are unknown, but whenever they show up massive amounts of pokemon are reported stolen.
    Last edited by Mary Sue; 05-21-2012 at 04:55 AM.

No Worries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

POKEMON: The Wielders of Ki

Chapter One: The Dawn of Heroes

“Okay now guys, we’ll only have a few seconds to get this performance just right! “ Ruby said. She was squished inside the damp, cramped cargo hold of the S.S. Razorwind with her pokémon crew. Her amazing nose sniffed out the all the rich and powerful trainers gathering aboard, or rather her almost as amazing eyes spotted a news feed of the gathering on TV. The SS Razorwind was docked outside of Goldenrod City for two days, and the owner of the ship decided to throw an extravagant party. It was strictly A-list, and Ruby Heart classified somewhere between B and C. Was there a B.5 list anywhere? Ruby scratched her orange polished nails through her Vulpix’s soft fur and grinned at her crew.

“Let’s do this!” She jumped to her feet in a burst of energy, and conked her head on the metal roof. “Ouch! Shit!”

Up top on the ship’s deck, party goers chatted away in clusters of groups.

“I think a gym would be a perfect addition to Anville Town in the Unova region. It’s already a center of transportation, but there’s little else…” said Krystal as she gently set her teacup on the saucer she was holding. A short, portly man with a large mustache nodded his head in agreement.

“The opportunity to invest is quite good,” he agreed.

“There’s just the matter of the –“ Krystal replied when a man behind her let out a loud sigh. “What, Jacob?”

“How come, whenever we go somewhere, it’s always about you, your business, or both?” he asked. Krystal let out a small sigh of her own and fiddled with the handle of her teacup.

“You could have stayed in town, you know. I invited you along because I thought you’d enjoy yourself. But it seems you’re determined to have a bad attitude,” she said.

“Now, hold on just a second,” Jacob hopped out of his seat, but Krystal had already turned her head away from him, leaving him to stare at two blonde, curly pigtails: her special indication of saying she made her point and was tired of the conversation. Jacob grumbled to himself and strode off to the bow of the ship where another ruckus caught his attention. People scrambled over themselves to get a look, and an autograph, from a dark woman with bright green hair who Jacob felt looked familiar. A boy, who looked much like the green haired girl, was trying to push his way out of the crowd. When he finally made it, he pushed himself against the railing. He was panting.

“I swear…. every where we go….” he muttered.

“Tell me about it,” Jacob replied. He joined the other boy at the railing and hopped up on the top railing to sit, looking quite comfortable and not at all afraid of falling overboard. “Let me guess: overzealous corporate tycoon?”

“Try television celebrity,” the boy replied. He rolled his eyes and Jacob smiled and extended a hand to him.

“Name’s Jacob Green.”

“Terrick Hawthorne,” the boy replied and gave Jacob’s hand a brisk shake. “You put up with this too, huh?”

“Oh yeah. For a couple years. These past few quarters have been doing really well. Investments are up forty-five percent.”

“What the hell does that mean?” Terrick asked.

“I have no idea,” Jacob replied. They shared a laugh, until a hand came up over the side of the boat and grabbed the bar next to where Jacob was sitting. He jumped up lightning quick as a girl in bright orange and yellow clothes pulled herself over the railing. The moment her feet touched the deck, a vulpix on her shoulder jumped into the air.

“Okay, Flare, dazzle the audience with will-o-whisp!”
    The Vulpix, Flare’s, fur turned a deep purple and her eyes glowed white as balls of spirits began circling her. They hovered eerily over Flare’s head.

“How the hell did she come up the side of the ship?” Terrick asked.

“I have no idea,” Jacob replied and looked over the side, “Is there a ladder?”

“Hey, boys, I’m trying to do a show here! Flare, ember! Go!” Ruby shouted. Flare unleashed a barrage of fiery balls into the air that were caught inside the will-o-whisps, turning them a bright white.

“Now finish it with dark pulse!”

Flare sat down and lifted her head and howled. A dark whisp crawled from her pursed lips and swept upward, circling around the now white will-o-whisps, and creating the illusion of space contained in a bubble.

“Ta-da folks!” Ruby shouted. She placed her hands on her hips when she realized no one had been watching. Flare’s ears fell as Ruby deflated. “Really? No one saw that? Aw man…”

“Ma’am? We’d like a word with you…”

“Oh yeah? Adoring fans, eh? You want an autograph?” Ruby asked. She spun around with a stupid grin on her face that was instantly erased when the man who addressed her grabbed her roughly by the arm. “Ouch! Hey, that hurts you jerk! Let go!”

“The boss doesn’t take kindly to stow-a-ways, missy,” the man said, still not letting go of her arm.

“Captain, it looks like security has captured a bilge rat…” Krystal said as she sipped her tea. The pudgy man she’d been discussing business with squinted across the deck.

“I didn’t hire security for this event,” He said. Krystal’s eyes flew open and she set down the cup. “Then please excuse me,
    sir,” she replied and took off running down the deck. “Jacob!” she said, “They’re not security!” As Krystal closed in on the guard her small hand curled into a tight fist, and she socked the man holding Ruby square in the gut. The man grunted and tossed Ruby aside. She stumbled, and toppled over the railing of the ship, screaming as she fell to the water below.

Jacob’s head snapped around as he heard Krystal calling out to him. Then they focused in on the man trying to restrain the girl, and other men honing in on them. He reached down to his belt and unhooked a little purple and white ball. He pressed the center button, felt the orb grow in his hand, and felt the ticking of the timer for release. He tossed the ball into the air as the timer ended and the ball popped open, unleashing a flood of light that materialized into a large Persian. Terrick raised his eyebrow as Jacob stepped in front of him.

“You guys have real guts to show up so soon…” he said. “Perin, double team!” The Persian leaped forward and produced copies of its self and its copies surrounded the approaching men. Jacob looked over his shoulder at Terrick. “Get everyone off the boat. It’s not safe.”

“But-“

“GO!”

Terrick frowned and ran past Jacob, and into the now frozen crowd surrounding his sister.

“Come on! Let’s get everyone off,” he said. His sister nodded and together they began herding the surprised party goers off the ship. But another group of men in black blocked the gangplank. At the same time, Ruby emerged on the head of a Gyarados, soaking wet and severely pissed off.

The sound of metal hitting the wood deck sounded, and smoke erupted throughout the ship. As confusion circulated, more pokéball lights flashed, and fearsome sounds reverberated across the ship. Battling ensued as frightened party goers ran amok and some brave trainers stood to fight. When the smoke cleared, the men in black had all vanished. Krystal looked around, running from port to starboard of the ship in search of clues to where they went. Her fists clenched and she slammed them on the railing.

“Dammit! They got away again!” Her eyes narrowed and all professionalism vanished. Jacob placed a sympathetic hand on her shoulder, as wails of agony erupted around them.

“My dear Cyndaquil is gone!”

“Noctowl! Where are you!?”

“Not my Pichu! She was still a baby!”

“Geodude? No….”

“We have to get them back, Jacob…” Krystal said.

“I know. We will,” he replied and gave her shoulder a squeeze before crossing the deck to help Ruby to her feet. “Are you okay, miss?”

“Of course I’m not okay! Those damn bastards! They threw me overboard and stole my Flare! “ Ruby replied. She wrung out her short hair and clothes, and then stomped over to Krystal. “If you’re going after those creeps, count me in.”

”You’ll go too, won’t you, Ms. Hawthorne?” an old woman asked. She gazed at the green haired girl with pleading eyes and clasped her jewelry covered hands together. The girl scratched her cheek nervously, then made a fist.

“Y-yes! Of course I’ll go! Your pokémon will be returned to you in no time!” She said. Her laugh sounded more like a choking sob. Terrick sighed.

“Guess this means I’m going too…”

The trainers exchanged looks from across the ship, to see just who they would be travelling with as they hunted down the men in black. They sized each other up and wondered if they could trust one another. All was silent until Jacob coughed to break the tension.

“We probably shouldn’t wait around too long. They’ll just get farther away,” He said.
    Last edited by Mary Sue; 05-09-2012 at 11:11 PM.

No Worries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Chapter 2: Pokémon thieves! The Mysterious Men in Black!

Thirty minutes after the disappearance of the men in black, the group of five trainers were sitting in the back of a police truck as is roared out of the city in pursuit of a small convoy they believed was transporting the stolen pokémon. The trainers were all silent, although it was easier for some than others.
    Ruby squirmed in her spot, as she stared at the faces around her. Her bad mood evaporated with the water in her clothes and she sat, star struck, by the faces before her.

“What?” Krystal asked. Her terse voice snapped with annoyance.

“You’re Krystal St. Claire! You’re the youngest daughter of the St. Claire family, the richest family in both the Johto and Kanto regions!” Ruby replied.

“So?”

“And you! You’re Tori Hawthorne! I’ve seen you on TV! You’re the famous psychic person!”

The green haired girl, Tori, scratched her cheek. “I don’t think I’m –“

“And YOU! You’re Terrick Hawthorne, Tori’s older twin brother. You just recently defeated the Elite Four at the Indigo Plateau! I watched your matches on TV too! You were amazing!”

“Thanks, kid, it means-“

“And you’re-,” Ruby pointed to Jacob and paused. Jacob smiled and shrugged.

“Jacob Green: Krystal’s ball and chain,” he replied.

“FRIEND,” Krystal said. “The phrase “ball and chain” suggests that we’re married and we aren’t. Although you are a pain, and I do feel like I have to drag you everywhere…”

“And who are you?” Tori asked.

Ruby stood up and raised a fist into the sky. “I’m the Coordinator of Coolness: Ruby Heart!” she said as the police truck hit a dip in the road and Ruby fell into Jacob’s and Krystal’s laps. She grinned as Jacob laughed and Krystal frowned in disapproval, and scrambled back to her spot. Her tanned cheeks turned a soft pink.

“Stay seated, back there!” The policeman driving the truck said, as he looked at them through the rear view mirror.

“Do you even know where we’re going?” Krystal asked. She strained her voice to be heard over the rushing wind.

“Well, miss, we lost them, but they headed in this direction. We’ll catch up to them short-“

“Take a left!” Tori said. Her voice boomed over the sound of the wind and everyone in the truck jumped.

“What-“

“Do it now!” Tori said. The truck turned without slowing, tossing the trainers about in the back as they drove off the road and onto a set of tire tracks made in the grass.

“Good spot!” Ruby said. Tori replied with a nervous smile.

Just a short ways down the road, the trees spread out into a clearing with a small shack in its center. The convoy trucks were parked along the back of the tree line. All was quiet. The trainers climbed out of the truck and the policeman with them released a mean looking Arcanine.

“Look sharp. My boss wasn’t happy with me bringing you kids along, so don’t give her something to regret,” He said, and drew his nightstick.

“We’ll be fine,” Krystal replied. She placed her hands on her hips, but the officer didn’t budge. They crossed the clearing in a silent mass and the policeman signaled his Arcanine to circle the convoy. The police dog went to work, sniffing and probing with his nose. After finding the convoy was clean, the Arcanine moved to the door of the shack and stood rigid. When the group caught up, the Policeman pushed on the door and threw himself against it, but it didn’t budge.

“Give me just a second and I can pick the lock,” the policeman said. Krystal sighed, pushed the policeman out of the way, took a deep breath, and launched a mud covered sneaker at the metal door. The door buckled under the force of Krystal’s kick when her foot made contact. On the second kick, the door flew open. Only Jacob didn’t appear surprised.

“I won’t mention this to your boss either,” Krystal said. She tossed one pigtail over her shoulder and walked inside the shack, and down the stairs in the floor. The base of the men in black turned out to be a network of white corridors underground that stretched on and on. The Policeman scratched his Arcanine on the head.

“Which way did they go, Buster?” He asked. Buster the police dog took the lead at the front of the group and sniffed around. He growled quietly. The policeman raised his eyebrow.

“He said, go to the far hallway on the right and be quiet,” Ruby said. Again the group exchanged surprised and puzzled looks. Still, they pressed on. At the end of the hall, the six men in black who attacked the boat stood huddled around a strange machine that hummed quietly. Ruby clutched at her chest, then her hands moved to her ears and she shook her head.

“Ruby? What’s wrong?” Jacob asked. He caught Ruby as she fell to her knees. Her body was shaking.

“They’re hurting them. They’re hurting the pokémon! I can hear them screaming…” Tears ran down Ruby’s face and Jacob rubbed her shoulders.

“I’m going to stop them…” Krystal said. Her eyes blazed with anger and Terrick reached out and grabbed her shoulder.

“We’ll stop them together,” He said and turned to his sister. “You guys get the pokémon out of that machine….”

“You got it,” Torri replied.

“I can’t see a damn thing happening. What’s this machine do anyway?” one of the men in black asked the rest of the group.

“Da computer’s workin’ all right. Alls I know is da boss said dis pokémon energy’s really powerful. It’s imperative ta get as much as we can, you know,” the scrawniest one replied.

“Well what if-“ the other man began, when a blast of pulsing power hit him square in the back and sent him shooting across the room. The group of men spun around to face Krystal and her Dragonite, and Terrick and his Gallade. The men in black immediately drew their pokéballs, and the battle began.

Krystal and Terrick called out order after order. Attacks clashed and blood spilled as the pokémon battled head to head. Krystal’s Dragonite sank his teeth into an enemy Arbok and the cobra pokémon cried in pain. Gallade’s blades glowed white with energy and each slash left nasty burns swelling on the hides of his enemies. The Policeman’s Arcanine blasted streams of blazing fire from his jaws that set supplies on fire and kept the enemy pokémon at a distance.

Meanwhile, Torri, Ruby, and Jacob crept along the back, with their eyes focused on the machine. Inside the glass cylinder three of the stolen pokémon from the boat had stopped screaming. They lay in a weakened lump. A Pichu was resting on the top of the pile. Ruby bit her lip and wiped her eyes. They didn’t have much time. Crying wouldn’t solve anything.

“I’ll try to figure out how to turn it off. You get them out of the tank!” Ruby said. She unleashed Sparks, her Luxray, and set to work zapping anything that remotely looked like a control panel. Unfortunately, one of the men in black spotted her, and released a Rhyhorn that charged straight for Sparks.

Torri and Jacob unleashed pokémon of their own to smash through the cylinder tank.

“Grumpy, use Zen Headbutt!”

“Perin, iron tail!”

Torri’s Grumpig’s head glowed electric blue and Jacob’s Persian’s tail shimmered with a metallic sheen. They took turns hammering away at the glass, but the glass remained intact as the machine sucked the pokémon’s energy.

Sparks dodged around the straight running Rhydon with extreme ease, but that was all that he could do: Ruby’s Luxray’s electrical attacks wouldn’t work on Rhyhorn’s rocky hide.

I have to think! Ruby took a deep breath and exhaled her anxiety. The man in black is distracted. Krystal and Terrick are destroying his partners’ pokémon…. Damn their so cool. He’s not focusing on me, but his Rhyhorn won’t let up… Maybe I can try…

“Sparks, use crunch!”

“Won’t work, kid! Rhyhorn, use protect.”

As the Luxray dashed in, a protective barrier surrounded the Rhyhorn. But as the man in black turned his head to check on his teammates, Ruby smiled.

“Thunderbolt now, Sparks!” She said. The man whipped his head back just in time to see a blinding flash of lightning strike the Rhyhorn’s protect. Even though the pokémon would have just absorbed the thunderbolt under normal circumstances, the protect barrier reflected the blast completely, and lighting shot off in two directions. The first one flew directly for Krystal, who saw it coming but couldn’t find a way to dodge. She closed her eyes, expecting the impending pain, but it never came. She opened one eye slowly, and nearly fell to the ground. Terrick stood in front of her with his hands outstretched and a barrier protected them from the blast. The second bolt destroyed the machine next to the man fighting Ruby. The blast knocked him to the ground, and the fighting stopped suddenly as the other men in black turned to see what happened.

“Dammit! Retreat now you idiots!” The supposed leader said over the noise. His arbok was pinned and bleeding heavily under
    Krystal’s dragonite as it pounded away at the snake. The leader drew his pokémon back into its ball, and ran to the machine where he detached a capsule and tucked it under his arm. “Let’s go, men!”

“You’re not going anywhere!” Krystal said, but she only took a few steps before the room filled with smoke. When it cleared the men in black were gone again. The only sounds that filled the room were the sound of the dying fires, and the pokémon who were hammering away at the glass.

“C’mon Grumpy! You’ve gotta break the glass,” Torri said. Her fists were shaking by her sides. The machine was no longer working, but the pokémon in the tank weren’t moving. The others joined around the machine, staring at the pokémon inside.

“This…this is so wrong…” Ruby said.

Krystal bit her lip, and balled up her fist. She cried and slammed her fist into the glass, striking again and again. The remaining pokémon joined in as well. The other trainers watched helplessly for what felt like an eternity. Finally, the cylinder cracked.

“BREAK DAMN YOU!” Krystal said. She and Drago reeled back their fists and punched in unison. The glass cylinder shattered. Panting, Krystal sank to the ground. As she clutched her bleeding hand, she watched her partners as they pulled out the three pokémon that were packed into the cylinder. They worked in silence, laying the pokémon on the floor as the policeman checked them for injury.

“A Noctowl, a Geodude, and Pichu all from the ship,” he said, examining them. “They’re dead…”

Torri covered her mouth with her hands and Ruby sniffled as she tried to hold back her tears.

“The lady from the boat said her pichu was a baby,” Jacob said. The policeman pinched the bridge of his nose.

“This report is going to suck,” he said. He looked over his shoulder at the trainers behind him. “We need to scour the base for any remaining pokémon, dead or alive.”

They searched for hours, and covered every inch of the underground base. By the time they finished and the policeman’s back up finally arrived, they had amassed a small collection of pokéballs with the pokémon still living inside. They were weak however. Some of the pokémon weren’t even from the cruise ship.

“You all did a great job today,” The policeman said as his crew loaded up the pokeballs and dead pokémon. Krystal watched as they covered the pokémon bodies with sheets, and a burning fire blazed in her chest.

“Krystal? You okay?” Jacob asked. Krystal blinked twice, and the dark expression across her face vanished.

“I’ll be fine,” she replied. Her gaze turned to the policeman. “Who were those men? Jacob and I have been chasing them for months.”

“They call themselves the Neo Rockets,” The policeman replied. “They’re believed to be a criminal organization that were inspired by the original Team Rocket that disbanded decades ago. That’s all we know about them for now I’m afraid. They’re very quiet. Until today we didn’t even know they were operating in Goldenrod City!”

“Sir, we’re ready to set off the explosives,” said another officer. The policeman nodded and turned to the trainers.

“Let’s get you kids out of here,” he said.

It was nearly midnight when the police dropped the trainers off at the Goldenrod Pokemon Center. After a lengthy, and quite frightening, lecture from the nurses about letting their pokémon fight so viciously the trainers were sitting around in the lobby. Well, mostly sitting.

“Today was amazing!” Ruby said. She was pacing next to the seating area where the others were relaxing. “I’ve never, EVER, had a day like today! Terrick, you were amazing! Your fighting ability… and that FORCE FIELD! And Krystal… I can’t believe how strong you are! And the cuts from the glass weren’t deep at all! If any one of us even managed to break the glass our hand would have been cut to ribbons! So cool!”

“Today wasn’t cool at all,” Krystal said. “Did you forget that three pokémon, the ones we were trying to save, died? And our enemy got away. That is a hard defeat.”

“I didn’t forget,” Ruby said. She placed her hands on her hips and rocked them side to side. Her star and moon beaded bracelets clacked against one another. “But I’m not the type of person to dwell on bad things. There were plenty of other cool things that happened today to focus on!”

Krystal rolled her eyes and looked away.

“So…Krystal’s strong, Torri and Terrick are psychic…” Jacob said. Ruby pointed to herself.

“And I can talk to pokémon!”

“Get out!” Torri said, she twisted in her seat and leaned against her arm. Ruby, pleased with Torri’s reaction, grinned and jabbed at her chest with her thumb.

“Yup! I know what pokémon are saying. Also…” Her expression sombered as she stared at Krystal. “I can talk to pokémon spirits too.”

Krystal remained motionless, but her eyes looked back to Ruby. Ruby crossed her arms over her chest.
    “That’s why I don’t want to dwell on it.” She looked to Jacob. “What can you do?”

“Absolutely nothing,” Jacob replied. Everyone exchanged glances, and laughter broke the tension in the air. Jacob raised his hands helplessly and then ran them through his black hair. “What can I say? We can’t all be special.”

“Pardon my interruption,” the nurse said. She placed a tray that held the trainer’s pokéballs before them. “You’re pokémon are healed. Will you be needed rooms for tonight?”

“No, that’s okay,” Krystal replied. “We’re all going to my house.”

Jacob stretched. “All right! Sleep over at Krystal’s mansion!” He said, and the rest of the trainers cheered.
    Last edited by Mary Sue; 05-21-2012 at 05:37 AM.