Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [M]Castle Greyhawk: Against The Little Guys IC 2

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    every genre
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Morwyn took a pinch of sand from the pouch at her hip and gently blew it into the air, casting her sleep spell as the dust disappeared.

[dice0]

* post roll count doesn't match database

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Torvah surveryed the cavernous room they had entered as he followed behind the party. His anger at this place and what was being done to the animals had distracted him so much that he didn't even hear the goblins call their attack. The near-by shout of the half-elf however brought him to his senses, but before he could even shout a response attempt to persuade the goblins that attacking them was definitely against their best interest a young elven lass intervened.

I'm going to have to calm down and pay better attention, before I or someone else ends up losing their heads. Literally, Torvah thought as he appraised the young elf. She must be a mage of some kind, putting them to sleep was a great idea.

"Very nicely done miss," Torvah said to the elven maid. "It would be a shame to have had to kill them. They may have a vicious streak to them, but they are nature's creatures, the same as us and have a right to life as well. You have my thanks for resolving the matter peacefully."

Calming his anger and focusing more on his surroundings, Torvah began to make his way farther into the room, careful not to step on or disturb the slumbering bodies of the goblins that litered the floor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Kass looked up, removing her dagger from the creature's sleeping body and searching for the other one, finding it and putting both back onto her belt.

"I have to say, Morwyn... that was pretty amazing. I cant say ive encountered a mage of your caliber before."

She said it in a matter-of-fact tone, but she really was quite awed. She would have to remember in the future that Morwyn needed to be protected at all costs in a difficult fight.

every genre
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Morwyn's chest and face grew bright scarlet in embarrassment of the extra attention. "Praise is unnecessary," she replied, her voice barely a squeak from her throat. "It just seemed to be the most reasonable way to end the confrontation."

The little elf's eyes lowered to the uniducks who were still bunched around her ankles, unsure of what else to say. Kass' words were kind, but Morwyn couldn't bring herself to watch as she removed her knives from the goblin's body. Violent and impulsive creatures they were, but a goblin couldn't help being born a goblin, could he? It was a shame they had met with the bunch at all.

After an awkward pause, she decided to cross the room after the human druid. Torvah had spoken like thoughts much more clearly than she ever could, and Morwyn silently hoped she had found a few friend in the man. Carefully she followed after him, dancing around the goblins with dainty steps, as the uniducks quacked their displeasure at the unconscious beasts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Gilder sheathed his bow as he saw the green beasts fall to Morwyn's spell, "Excellently done Lady Morwyn, you've saved us quite alot of trouble, who ever said magic wasn't useful?" He said to her as he crossed the room to the sleeping Goblins and drew his mace. "They are indeed nature's creatures Sir Druid as are we all, but when they awaken these particular creatures will hunt us down and if they can, kill us all. I'd rather be rid of them now then risk having them add to our problems later should we encounter anything bigger." Gilder ended by bringing his mace down upon the nearest goblin's head, glad that for once he had a practical excuse for why they should slaughter the monsters.

Once the first one was dead Gilder moved on to the second and said, "If you wish to move on you may, I'll not be long." Before bringing his weapon down again killing another goblin. He didn't wait for an answer beore moving to the third to continue his bloody work.
    Spoiler: sorry but I have some bad news 

Made for me by the wonderful AliceMalice15

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Torvah, enraged, drew his scythe and swiftly walked toward the ignorant half-elf. Drawing the blade up and poising it to strike, he made very clear that he was serious.

"If you harm or kill one more of them then you will find this blade can be used to reap more than wheat," Torvah spat, venom dripping from every word. "If you are concerned about them attacking later, then tie them up and move them to a secluded spot out of your way. All you are doing is showing that you, my dear half elven... friend," he spoke the last word as if the act of merely sayingit could light the lad on fire, "is proving that you are indeed no better, and if fact probably worse for the world than they are. You have proven to not only be ignorant of nature's ways, but a murderer as well. How then are you any different then these goblins? What gives you the right to decree their deaths? You are no longer defending yourself, and you are certainly not using them as food, nor are you culling the herd for the better survival of the whole. Killing them now serves no purpose but to satisfy your blood lust and murderous impulse. You will desist this instant, or I will send you to your next incarnation."

And with that Torvah waited for the half-elfs response, and steeled his resolve to end the man should he not comply.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Gilder stayed his hand inches from the third goblin, not sure if he was surprised or not by the druid's reaction. After lowering his mace Gilder walked towards Torvah, face as calm as ever, with a slight glint of frustration in his eyes. After looking at the man for a few moments he finally said, "Blood lust." he repeated the words as if they amused him, "I simply wish for everyone to get out of this alive, but I've no wish to fight you... friend." Saying friend as if he was mocking Torvah, "I'll let them live if that's your wish, but hear me now, if when they awaken they escape and somebody dies as a result of your 'mercy' I may not find myself so unwilling to see how you handle that blade." Gilder hoped the threat would do the trick as he had no wish to fight the druid.

Gilder did not wait for Torvah to respond before sliding his mace back onto his belt and pulling several lengths of rope from his pack. "This will take me a bit longer if you're planning to wait for me." he said as he began binding the hands and feet of the nearest living goblin, he hoped that there was an intact cage in the so called, herbivore exhibit, where he could lock them in case they could get out of the ropes. It took about 2 minutes, but Gilder got the goblin securely tied and moved onto the next.
    Last edited by Lord Tully; 11-17-2011 at 02:05 AM.
    Spoiler: sorry but I have some bad news 

Made for me by the wonderful AliceMalice15

every genre
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Oh goodness!"

Morwyn covered her mouth and felt her eyes water as Gilder's mace collided with a goblin skull with a sickening crunch. Granted, the goblins had attacked them first, and granted they probably would come after their party if allowed to wake up. But to slaughter the creatures while they were down? That was wrong, and it made the little elf's stomach turn and the uniducks quack I distaste,

But Torvah moved against their ally, which Morwyn could only see as causing more harm. How could one threaten violence to oppose violence? She shook her head and reached out and up on impulse to seize Torvah's forearm. It was silly to think she could possibly hold the man back, but to calm him might just be enough.

Gilder recinded his attack, much to her relief, choosing instead to tie the goblins up. Still, Morwyn didn't release Torvah's arm, just in case he should change his mind and continue his assault on their friend.

"Let's just get going," she said, tugging the other in the direction on the northern passage.

Psychological, Dark Fantasy.
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Irin watching quietly as they tied up the goblins – They had a dangerous beast potentially on the loose from its cage and they had just prepared it a defenceless meal. Even if they survived, who would be the ones to untie them so they could find food and water? Murdering them seemed to be the more rational – and humane – of options. The monsters chose their actions and if they wanted to threaten her, they deserved their fate.

She shrugged off the bad feelings the group’s actions had given her, putting the goblins’ welfare safely out of mind. It would not help her to be distracted whilst they explored.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Standing amidst the group still, blood dripping from her daggers, she was very much without a care for the goblins or the bickering... until she saw Morwyn reach for the arm of the aggressor. She was instantly on high-alert, ready to jump in and stop any possible harm from coming to the elf. She was quite serious about protecting her, at the very least for the duration of their time together. She was too valuable to allow to be harmed. Her hands flashed to her daggers, pulling them out halfway, her body tense and ready to jump between them.

Seeing Torvah relax, she slid her daggers back into place, breathing again and taking a step forward. "Lets go. This bickering will get us nowhere."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast