Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [M]Castle Greyhawk: Against The Little Guys IC 2

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Sabine sighed in relief when the goblins fell down, fast asleep.

"That is a good spell," Sabine said, looking around at the sleeping bodies. "How long...?"

And that's when she realized that Gilder was killing the helpless goblins. It was wrong! But the druid was already in motion, shutting down the half-elf quickly.

"What if they had information about the man we seek?" Sabine asked.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Gilder was in the middle of tying up the third and final goblin when Sabine spoke, he looked up at her and almost started to laugh. This was the second time in a 10 minute time span where he'd been scolded for his actions by someone young enough to be his child.
    "My dear, you are either wonderfully optimistic or hopelessly naive if you think these creatures would give us anything useful. But if you really think you can get anywhere with them, please, be my guest." He said pulling the rope tight, and standing up, "There are you satisfied, or should I leave them a blanket in case they get cold?" he asked Torvah, his voice with a thick with sarcasm.
    Spoiler: sorry but I have some bad news 

Made for me by the wonderful AliceMalice15

1Cor 13:1-8

Mentioned
    125 Post(s)

The sounds of grunting and struggling could be heard as the goblins started to wake up. After a few moments of struggling, unsuccessfully against their binding, one of them started to speak.

"Gunter, they've got us, what do we do?" The goblin sounded fearful.

"Uh Gunter's dead," another goblin replied.

"Then that means I'm in charge!" Another goblin shouted.

"No you're not," another goblin shouted. "I'm not running around yelling For Percy every time we attack."

At that, and despite the fact that they were still tied up. the goblins began to argue amongst themselves as to who would take charge and completely ignored the party.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Hmm" Gilder vocalized, "I was hoping it would last longer." he whispered to himself. He placed what remained of his rope back in his pack and went to retrive the torch he'd placed on the wall, "Do whatever you wish with them." He said to the rest of the party, "I'm going to go scout ahead. Here, have a light." He finished handing the lit torch to Torvah. His elven blood allowed him to see a fair bit in the dark, but Torvah was human and would need the torch.
    As he walked towards the northern passage Gilder drew his bow once again and notched an arrow. Once he was out of the tourch light Gilder stopped and peered into the mostly dark room, it would take a moment for his eyes to adjust to the new darkness so he raised his bow ready to fire.
    Last edited by Lord Tully; 12-08-2011 at 08:12 PM.

Mentioned
    125 Post(s)

Spoiler: Map 

The corridor ends abruptly in a balcony. Fifteen feet below is a natural stone chamber. Reddish-purple stalagmites and stalactites cover the floor and ceiling, occasionally meeting to form huge, multi-coloured columns. Flowing thorough the center of the chamber is a swift, dark stream. On the far side is a gigantic two-headed giant. Scattered on the floor beside him are a variety of bones.Beyond the giant is a cage, within which, sits a dejected blue-robed figure.The air in the chamber is heavy with the smell of burning flesh.

After a moment, Cullum emerged from the shadows and moved next to Gilder.

"That's him," Cullum whispered. "That's dear old dad in the cage. You have to do something before the giant eats him."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Kass stepped out of the shadows as the group saw the boy's father. There was something strange about the situation, but Kass couldnt put her finger on it. She looked closely at the man in the cage. From this distance, she couldnt make out any details.

"Dont worry. We will take care of your dad. It probably best if you stay far back."

Kass unhooked her climbing gear from the back of her belt, slipping it on and stomping on the floor to make sure it was on securely, then jumping over the edge of the balcony, clinging to the wall and slowly, carefully making her way down.

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    every genre
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As the goblins awoke and began to argue among themselves, Morwyn shook her head. Instead of trying to work together to find a way out of their situation, the creatures were obsessed with who would be the next leader. So enraged were some of the goblins, Morwyn was certain that they would come to blows if they had been free.

And that thought lead to the question of whether to untie the goblins or not.

Morwyn drew her lower lip between her teeth in thought. If they left the creatures bound, there was the possibility of them starving to death. Or perhaps one would get loose before the others and slaughter the whole pack. On the other hand, if they freed them, they goblins would either continue to fight each other, probably violently, or attack her party again, and they would be right back where they started.

The elf sighed. It seems that the most right thing to do was to allow fate to take its course. The uniducks at her feet seemed to murmur in agreement, though they looked very nervous about being in the same room with the feisty goblins.

Remembering the duty she had taken on in the beginning, Morwyn withdrew her journal again and made a quick sketch of the room. Then she turned her amber eyes to the corridor ahead. It looked quick dark and foreboding, and she felt herself shrink a little at the prospect of heading down it.

Still, if that was the way to the boy's father...

"Come along," Morwyn said with a gentle smile to the uniducks and praying the rest of the group would follow as well. "Our adventure continues."

Mentioned
    125 Post(s)

Cullum nodded at Kass and watched for a moment as Gilder and Kass both started to descend into the cave, before heading down the corridor in the direction of the others.

"You know Burt," one of the heads started speaking with a Cockney accent. "Chasing those goblin things was fun. Kind of made me hungry.

"Now Jimmy," the second head replied. "We just ate that trainer not five hours ago. You're just mad that you didn't get to make oatmeal out of any of 'em."

"I could make oatmeal out of him," Jimmy glared at the figure in the cage, picking up a very large wooden club.

"Now Jimmy," Burt looked annoyed. "You know they stay fresher longer with their insides on the inside."

"But I'm hungry." Jimmy whined.

"Oh go eat boogers!" Burt turned his head, looking up at the wall of the cave.

"I'm all out. Do you have any?"

"Oh no," Burt turned his head back. "I'm not letting you pick my nose again. Last time it bled for a week."

The two heads continued to talk, their conversation becoming more inane by the second. It was clear, that these two would likely never be a mage. In fact, to listen to them, one might wonder how they were able to even function. Whomever had said, "two heads are better than one," had obviously never meat Burt and Jimmy.

About the time the conversation between the two heads had turned to the consistency of the rather large bowel movement that they took an hour ago, Cullum entered the cave where the rest of the party and the goblins were. The goblins had now decided that a goblin named Fred was going to lead them and he started shouting the party in his native tongue. Suffice it to say, these weren't the type of things one would say in civilized company, and although quite creative, anyone who could understand Goblin would be quite offended. Once he had finished raving, he started to speak in Common.

"Let us go now. You ain't got no right to do this to us!"

"Beggin your pardon sirs and ma'ams," Cullum interrupted. "But your friends have found dear old dad and I think they're going to need some help with the giant."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When Gilder heard Kass he reached to stop her from climbing down alone, "Wait!" he said in a whisper, but the girl was already going down the wall, ~Damn it.~ he thought, he couldn't let her go down alone which meant using the last of his rope. "Cullum..." he turned around to send the boy back for help, but he was already gone.
    Retrieving his rope and tying it down was the easy part, going down wasn't, the wall was mostly smooth, which made climbing down tricky. Also tricky was the fact that the rope, courtesy of the goblins, ended several feet above the floor. He let go and thanks to some good luck, landed safely on even ground. "Alright, now we wait for the others, if that giant sees us we wouldn't stand a chance by ourselves." he whispered to Kass as he waited for her to reach the ground.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Crouched down, up against the wall, Kass, in a hushed voice. "That sounds like the best course of action, but this smell... it seems we got here with little time to spare. If the others dont get here soon, i have a feeling we are going to have to improvise."

Taking stock of her personal supplies, she rested her hands on her vials. "I have sleeping gas and smoke. If worse comes to worse, we should be able to quickly get away. The problem is getting back up. I should be able to climb myself, but it seems your rope was a bit too short, and i wont be able to carry somebody up. If Morwyn gets here in time, we can put the beast to sleep and deal with the details later. Thats probably the best course of action."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast