Being a new member at any site can be a bit intimidating at times. If you are not certain about anything at all, then this is the forum to address your concerns.
The most important thing to do before you do anything at RPA is make sure that you have read and have a clear understanding of the Forum rules, Guidelines and Roleplay Etiquette.
- If you can't yet pm, don't be afraid to present your questions to the staff here by creating a topic where your issue can be addressed by staff.
- You do not need to have PM privileges in order to join in a role play.
- If you have questions for the GM regarding their game, use the ooc to ask.
- There is no wrong way to create a role play. Use the OOC for discussion and recruitement and the IC for the actual story.
- If you want to do a RP with one liners, that is perfectly acceptable! Not everyone wants to be involved in a game where the players feel they have to write long paragraphs.
- Try to work out any issues that might arise with other members in private. DO NOT bring drama to the boards.
If you have tried to work out the issues on your own and feel there is no other alternative, then PM a staff member so that the staff can take appropriate action.
- If you notice something that you feel to be inappropriate on the boards, don't take matters into your own hands. Use the REPORT BUTTON to notify staff and they will address the issue properly.
- Being new isn't such a bad thing. The best way to make friends is to open a roleplay and to advertise it through your signature. It might be a bit intimidating at first, but don't feel bad if your game isn't successful right away!!
- Spelling and grammar isn't everything. Don't worry if your literacy level isn't perfect. The main objective of a roleplay is to have fun, not to have perfect grammar and punctuation.
- Have fun, but remember that RPA rules will always apply.
Other Related Links: