This game is rated mature for sex, drugs, rock and roll, cursing, potential gore-bloodshed and other things that may offend your sensibilities.
The truth unfold
Happy faces in a quiet town
Smiles fitting to replace a frown
Groups of families all happy now
Before it all came crumbling down
Where their world shook with the known truth
The speaker was no soothe
Words they wove, of ages past and vengeful wrath
A trail of blood to be led down a path
The sun set ablaze in a red dawn
The past its sword be drawn
A man, twisted with desire for conquest
The battle, he will never let rest
People of the town, do you hear the call
Will you stand for one or for all?
Be you strong and willing to fight
Or back down and cower in his might
Your town be in danger, your city to fall
Throw off the binds that hold you close
And in Victory, may your fist has rose
A brief synopsis of the story:
Two warring Kingdoms, driven for dominance over their lands, fight to the bitter end. One king, knowing that his kingdom was going to lose, went to the order of magic, an ancient cult that had been helping him protect the kingdom.
Pleading with them, he asked for his kingdom to be put to rest, and his people sent into the future, where they could hopefully live on, free of fighting and strife. The sorcerer’s, feeling the plight of the king, agreed to help him, and began preparing a powerful spell to send the people of the kingdom into the future.
The other kingdom, catching wind of this, went to intercept bringing their sorcerer’s with them to try and break the spell, hoping to kill the kingdom in one fell strike. Though they had started, they were unable to completely stop the spell, but were able to alter it. The memories of the people of the kingdom were altered, to make them forget their past and to be replaced by one from the current world. The Other kingdoms army was eradicated in the blast, and the Kingdom left standing in rubble. Though they cheered, the other king remained unsatisfied, sitting upon his throne and angered by the victory taken away from him.
The evil king, King Lesh, went to his mages, and proclaimed to them to remake the spell, so that he may send his own men to the same future to kill the people of the kingdom, so that he may wipe out the remains of his enemy once and for all.
Flash forward to the present: Enter the present day, Kingport Cove, Maine. If your char is from the present and has “Powers “they will be a direct descendant of someone from the kingdom. If your char is normal they will not be ancestors, they will be normal ordinary every day people.
A chain of events will occur that will begin to clue the townsfolk in that something is amiss. As long lying dormant powers begin to come to light, everything the people of Kingport Cove, Maine have ever thought they have known to be truth will be changed during the “awakening.”
Name: Include any nicknames as you wish
Age: Self explanatory, yes?
Occupation: What do they do for a living?
Appearance: Detailed descriptions are required. If you feel the need to utilize a photo put it in a spoiler so that those who would rather go on descriptions alone have the option of not having to see the image.
-See rule 12
Personality: What is your char like? What makes them tick or sets them off? Give a basic insight to their personality, that is all we ask.
Magical/psyche/powers if applicable: Keep in mind that every power must also have a consequence. All powers must be approved by the gm’s and remain hidden when you post your actual char sheets, until the powers become visible in the story. (see rule fourteen) A second power will be allowed but that power will not come into play in the beginning of the story. As will the first power evolve, so will the second but at a later date and time. Be aware that although you apply for a second power, your char may not receive that power or they may lose that power all dependent upon the gm’s discretion. In plain words, things can and will happen.
List of types of energy possible
revolves around manipulation of Nature and the body, plants and the earth. (possible ideas: attack with earthquake, make plants grow and attack with them, blast rock and attack with the shards, enchant physical power, enchant speed... so on....)
based on the powers of wind, lightning, and the mind (Possible powers: Read mind, channel the emotions of others, move things by the mind/wind force, minor levitate, minor zapping or channel energy.
Concerns the control of water, ice, and healing. (Possible attacks: freeze things, the power to seal yourself emotionally, breath a bit longer underwater, heal... so on...)
Revolves around control of fire, heat, light and lava. (suggestion: Blind others with strong light, vanish within light source, heat your body and therefore not suffer from cold, channel fire if it is around you, heat things... so on).
Brief Bio: You may provide a brief bio/history about their past, but keep in mind that over the course of time the bios will really not be pertinent. Your char will evolve and progress throughout the course of the rp. Their personality may change throughout the course of the rp also.
Rules, Penalties, Requirements, and Expectations.
All RPA rules and regulations apply
These rules are not cast in stone; they can and will be modified if the need arises or for unforeseen circumstances beyond our control.
1. As always, NO god mod.
2. GM’s word is law.
3. No railroading (acting like a GM to drive the RP in the direction you want)
4. No powerplaying (your character knowing things that have been discussed in OOC)
5. No more than two characters a player (one hero, one villain)
6. Don’t waste other people’s time. If you can’t commit to posting at least one post per week, then please do NOT sign up as this is not fair to the other writers that are involved. If you have signed up and find that it will be necessary to be away for more than that time period then PLEASE notify the GM's so the story can be written in a fashion as to be able to continue without your characters immediate interaction. This is very important to the structure of the RP experience. If you do not comply with these rules, your character will be taken over as needed for the rp.
HOWEVER, NO SPEED POSTING WILL BE TOLERATED.
See post 348 for clarification
Clarification: If someone wants to join but cant always make the one post a week that will be considered acceptable, but only as long as they communicate to us when they wont be able to post and allow us to move their char if needed in order to keep the story moving.
7. YES, for the sake of a decent story presentation please use proper spelling and grammar. This does not mean that the use of “slang, hillbilly, or country type talk” is frowned upon, it simply means please don’t present your writing capabilities to be that of an illiterate level.
8. Three paragraph minimum per post at least. Try to give the next person something to work with; it makes the story easier to write for all.
9. While your character doesn’t have to be “nice” in IC, You DO, however, have to be tolerant, play nice, and be patient of others in OOC. Real life happens, and at times people have to be away. Give everyone time to post, or else write around them. Rudeness will not be tolerated, no exceptions.
10. We understand that it is not always possible to post going by the previous poster above you, but read what all has happened since your last post. Keep up to date on the story, and keep the story up to date!!
11. Although it shouldn’t bear needing repeated, all MATURE Rules apply. If you are uncertain to as if a scene is too inappropriate for what the gms or RPA will allow, just ask.
12. Submit a character profile using the provided template. Detailed descriptions are appreciated and necessary. Pictures are NOT required. Imagination takes precedence here, not photos. Images MUST BE SPOILERED.
13. Please use standard font color for posting both in ooc and IC. Other colors are hard to read. The only time colored font is allowed is if you are using it to quote another person, and then keep it a color that will be easy to read. Do put your chars current location and time at the top of your post.
14. You MUST pm your char sheet to the gms before posting. Only so many applications will be accepted for normal people, others, and good guys bad guys etc. Your chars powers may not be posted when actually posting the sheet in the ooc after approval.
15. Things can and will happen to your chars in this rp. Accept that it can happen before you join, as there will be no arguing when and if something happens to your char in the development of the story. The gm’s will be guiding this game to some degree although we are hoping to allow as much freedom in developing the story as we can to the players and all ideas are accepted. Again, gm’s have final say.
16. No one will be all powerful and everyone’s character that has a power must have some negative effect or drawback to it.
17. IMPORTANT! I’m sure that we’ve forgotten something so the following rule will be set in place: Other rules can and will be added and or modified when and if the need arises.
18. MOST IMPORTANTLY, HAVE FUN WITH THIS!!!
Use common courtesy, nothing less will be tolerated.
Use spell checker. We are NOT illiterate here. We all screw up and that is acceptable. Sloppy posting is not.
You are expected to follow along in the story and keep the story progressing forward or at least reply to those who have directly addressed your character in it.
The Cast Thus Far:
Storm - Su Lin Mok
Setsa - Trista Nunrico [aka Trixi]
Wattz- Bao Kenton, sometimes known as “Kent”
Mysti - Rosaline “Lina” Bennett
Clyde - Stephen [ste-fen] C. Hughes
Stryker - Austin Vickers
Kris - Cherilyn Rothberg
Keeper of the Inn - Eldrich Crow
Edynol- Zachery Acerton (Nick names: Zack Ace and Zack to his friends)
It Got Worse - Julian Rio
The Imposter - Wesley 'Wes' Cooke
Tyler - Richard Smith
Everyone submitting sheets please remember that your character will have no current knowledge of their power (if you are submitting a power) and it will slowly awaken as things start becoming revealed so please factor that into your char sheets and remember for each power you wish to have, there has to be a downside to that power, a drawback of some sort.
Everyone, in order to help keep track of who is where since we will not all be at the same place at the same time, please provide the following at the beginning of each of your posts. (see rule 13)
Location: (where is your char)
Day /Time : ( Monday, Tuesday, etc. morning, noon, night. Everyone needs to stay within the same day.)
The immediate neighboring towns where your char may work if not in Kingport are Kendey and Lousiville. We are creating our own mini world here inside of Maine and more towns will be added in the future.
A Keeper of the Inn/Kris/Mysteria presentation. Link to Whispers of the Past, Chpt 1: The Awakening IC