Ladies and gentlemen, it's time for what is sure to be an epic event. We, the staff of RPA, are proud to bring you the second annual Rumble on RPA.
To enter, simply post the name of the character you wish to use with a link to your character sheet thread(you may also link us directly to the post). Entrants will be accepted Until January 14, after which, we'll get the festivities underway.
This will be a single elimination event, meaning, once you're out, you're out. The fighters will be randomly paired up against one another (in the event of an uneven amount of entrants, one entrant will receive a first round bye, this will also be randomly selected. The returning champion, should she enter will automatically receive a first round bye if we have an uneven amount of competitors.) The winners in the first round will then go against each other, and so on until we have a winner.
Once the pairings are determined, the judges will set up a thread in The Colosseum, along with a description of the terrain you will be fighting in. Please note that there may be other things that can hurt you that aren't your opponent
Now for the rules.
1) You may enter only one character in this event. For returning competitors, we ask that you use a different character than the one you used last year. The only exception to this rule will be our reigning champion Auki who is welcome to use the same character.
2) Each battle will last 16 posts(8 to each combatant). Please note that once your opponent posts, you have 72 hours to post a reply. This is being done in the interest of time. If you will be unable to get your post up in time, you must contact the judge for your thread to be granted an extension. Please note that if you ask for an extension and we see you around posting in Downtown or other parts of the forum, the judge reserves the right to revoke the extension
3) The decision of the judges is final. Arguing with a judge or whining because you don't like a decision is not acceptable. The judges for the Rumble will be; Awean8, Mary Sue, Keeper of the Inn, Nazgul, Kris, Wattz and Merry Gentry.
4) If you feel that your opponent is in violation of the rules, PM the judge for that battle.
5) Battles will be judged based on the following criteria;
- Writing style
- Effectiveness of combat (How realistic/logical is the combat. Do the battle sequences make sense?)
- Control of the field (how well the participants use their surroundings and respond to events)
6) All other Battle Arena and RPA rules are in effect
The rules for godmodding can be found here.
Now obviously most of the things listed there are being allowed. Now while I believe that all of the listed abilities and items can be make godmodding easier, the fact is, it's all in how you use an item that makes it godmoddish.
So here are the rules on godmodding from the Battle Arena Guide;
So basically it all boils down to how you use something. If you want to use something that is godmoddish, you better ask your opponent. Obviously the Uber character rule has been somewhat suspended for this as some of the character are pretty badass. But remember, in the Rumble, badass doesn't always win tournaments.
If anyone has any further questions, drop me a line.
7) You must read and follow the instructions of the judge in the first post of the battle. Failure to do so will result in an automatic disqualification.
So for the thousands in attendance, and the millions watching all over the world.
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLET'S GET READY TO RUUUUMBLE!
Auki - Ruan
It Got Worse - Val Saint
Lord Xarel - Lord Xarel
Storm - Hae Jin Mok
~N~ - Dr. Marcus Waye
KillaKittyofDoom - Mittens
Jacogos - Uai Trakand
The Imposter - Abel
Da Blue Sky - Lily Carter
E1Alpha - Kaelahna Sunwing
Ilzak - Artemis Soth
Car'mael - Terhon the BlackSilver
Housemaster - Hu'natu
Isis - Aerin Goebragh
Troy Barnes - Moketsi
Tyler - Richard Godslayer
X - Asavar Kul
Imp - Tal'set
Empress of Fire - Patrick
Earth Weaver - Izuriel