Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Teknika [IC]

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Uhh... Ummm... I've been walking all my life. Never really settled down, never really made friends. Made a couple, but never really kept them." Wanderer began. She then wondered, should she tell him? No, he'd throw her off! "Uh, a friend invited me here... I'm a Sister of White Nebula. Part of the Mages, you see... Not really mages, but..."

Your daily overdose of cute
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Sify, Romance, adventure, slice of life on occasion.
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Markary's station door was pried open "we have some one approach!" a young fighter said excitedly "finely!" she growled moving out of the set and letting the young one take her place as she slipped out into the hall.

Things had calmed down some what but not by to much. she weaved herself threw other weregoths until she reached the bridge at which point the captain stepped out giving her a glare "whats going on?" he asked "we have a ship approaching us" responded a female quickly servaying things in front of her "eh?" "it does not seem to be hostile but its rather... " he hesitated "large sir" "well show me then" a screen appeared and every one stared "that things is... huge" one of the young pilots mumbled.

"hows our hailing system?" the captain asked a moments pause as they checked "the haling coms been knocked out sir it seems an asteroid hit it..." the captain mumbled something under his heavy breath "get something rigged up and Markary be ready to attack that thing if it decides that where easy pray!" she nodded but had a pretty good feeling even despite the things size that it was here to help. at least she hopped.
    P.K.'s character locker ~ P.K.'s word works ~ P.K.'s Idea store

1x1 = 1/5 Multi = 0/5 PW = 0/2
    Spoiler: Other things. 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Char was instantly hooked when she said something about traveling. From the sound of things, she had been nomadic for basically her entire life. Being a curious person and a traveler himself, he wanted to hear more of her tales and of the places she had seen. He always loved the chance to converse with fellow travelers and share stories about places they both had been, and also places the other had not been to. It kept one's mind wondering about all the amazing things to see in a galaxy so vast.

"I've never heard of White Nebula, sorry," Char said whilst thinking. "Nor of the Mages. Sorry for my ignorance, but I haven't ever been to this part of space until now."

Finishing up the last of his burger, he wiped the crumbs clean from his mandibles with a small, thin paper napkin.

"Seeing as how we're both adventurers, would you like to get out of here and walk around some of the rest of the ship? Maybe the Observation Deck, or the overlook into the engine core? I've heard that they're both really impressive."

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Let's get this distress signal out of the way first. You go and talk to the android or something... I'm a little suspicious of this ship being programmed like it is."

Meanwhile, on deck, the crew were frantically trying to establish communication. Amongst themselves, via text message, and with the other ship, via comms.

Captain Isaac Whateley in particular was frantic about the other ship.
    "Are you hurt over there? Do you need us to come aboard?!" and other questions were all that he seemed to be yelling. Elsewhere, one of the men in Ziff's employ was distracted by a holocomputer message, which read thus:

TehZiffster: OMG u guys this is like huge as shit

The guard was about to explain that they were in the same room and were therefore capable of speaking normally, when someone beat him to it.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Markary was standing behind one of those at the panels who was whittling with some of the weirs when suddenly a sound came over the com high pick squeak making every one on board with their sensitive hear flinch. "sorry!" shouted the the tech quickly messing with a few more things "that should do it!" he looked back at markary who nodded moving over to the captains char as he had locked himself in his office "every one on bored well be able to hear this".

"hello?" she asked hoping this might reach who ever it was. something crackled over the calm a moment of silence and the teck cleared it up so she got it "no where all fine over but our fuel tank broke and we can't get er up in time to move out of the field before where crushed" her ears twitched "coming on bored might not be the best ..." she stopped as she ship was hit by a rather big asteroid. "ugh... no if you could just pull us out I think we should be fine" she said clutching onto the chair.

Just the captain came on barking an order to keep those guns running so the ship would not be beaten to a small mettle ball. "can you or can you not pull us out" he demanded from where he was. Markary shook her head.

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Affirmative, we CAN pull you in. Stand by."

And so it was that the order went down for the tractor beam to be activated, which it was.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As Wanderer walked towards the bridge, Char remained behind and headed back to the extremely noisy club. The music was different than before, much quieter, and certainly not live music. He had hoped to catch the end of the performance by Gemini, but now it seemed to be too late. Oh well, perhaps there was another performance coming up shortly.

Once inside the nightclub, Char found a nice quiet seat that wasn't terribly close to the dance floor. After all, he didn't want some drunken youngsters accidentally falling onto his table if they got too crazy with their dance moves. A fair amount of the nightclub had cleared out, now leaving around seventy patrons or so. Most of them had probably been here for happy hour drink specials or the performance, or maybe both. Now that both were over, many people lost their desire to be here and wandered off to find something more interesting to do.

Char actually was glad that things were quieting down, even though the owners of the club probably were pining for more business. The music was at an acceptable level to where it didn't cause his ears to hurt nor his body to throb with bass power. It was just one of those moments to kick back and enjoy the little things in life. While in the middle of a drink from his glass of juice, he saw her crossing the floor: Gemini. The remaining customers applauded her heartily, to which Char joined in as well. While she talked with several people up at the bar, he sat up and quickly approached, not wanting to miss such an opportunity.

When she had finished talking and turned more towards the side of the bar where Char stood, he addressed the elegant singer android.

"Gemini, I presume?" he inquired with a casual tone. "I'm Char. It's a pleasure to meet you."

The Big Meme
    Bedford, Bedfordshire (Uni) / Wickford, Essex
    Fantasy; Science Fiction; Superheroes; Coming-of-Age; Supernatural Drama.
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Gemini turned to the odd insectoid creature, avoiding contact with her other fans, and winked at it, not knowing if it could return the favor. "Well aren't you a cute little thing." Gemini brushed her lucious long black locks out of her face and placed one hand on her soft cheek and the other on her hip, flaunting it to the side. "And what pleasure do I have of speaking to one as handsome as you this morning? Autograph? Or a kiss?" Gemini giggled.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

"brace" the captain order quickly all did so grabbing onto something as the tractor beam caught them and pulled them out of the asteroid field. once that was done every one relaxed more at ease. "we're saved" once of the new recruits sighed out loud sinking back into his chair. "of coarse we are" the captain grumbled "get back to your jobs!" he then snapped. and all where quick to do so.

Markary started to head out only to be stopped by the captain who then turned to the com "we thank you kindly" he said gruffly "we probably need a few repairs and any assistance in that matter would be greatly appreciated" he waited for a response. no doudt he would make her be the one to go from ship to ship to supervise or do the heavy work but thats what you get for being expendable. she shrugged to herself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Char blushed intensely at the advances of the exceptionally good-looking android. No one had ever described him as 'a cute little thing'. It was unusual, as most races considered Mza to be somewhat frightening or odd in appearance. It could have just been a programmed response for the AI to activate when talking to members of an opposite sex, which would very well explain why someone would be calling him, of all people, cute. However, Gemini's voice didn't feel routine or automated. Perhaps she was a true AI, able to make her own choices in everything from life to casual, flirtatious conversation. He hoped it was the latter.

Stumbling in his mind to find something to respond with, Char let the conversation go silent for perhaps just a moment too long. Now he was just nervous. Being an introverted person, Char certainly didn't 'hit on' people, and very rarely ever got flirted with by others. It was an interesting situation he found himself in to say the least.

"Oh, no need, Ms. Gemini. I, um... was wondering if perhaps you would like to share a few drinks? Talk a little bit? I have a table over there..."

Char pointed with his claw towards the seat he had left moments ago.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast