Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Teknika [IC]

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Teknika [IC]

Wanderer had been walking for days. She was on a tiny, backwater planet by the name of Sol 3, known to its native species as "Earth". And she'd finally found it; The LuxThunder RPS, the biggest ship ever. It'd been built around the time of The Calling, when the urge to go home finally became unbearable.

It had a crew of several members of every sentient species, plus a few androids. And it'd lead them through Hell to get to Teknika again. The entire crew, she heard, had signed on because they were curious about the mysterious homeworld that could yell at its inhabitants to come back.

There was one problem... She had neither ticket nor passport, and both were required. But this had never stopped her before. Wanderer waited in a large crate until it was loaded, and stepped out the moment the area was cleared. She just needed to get access to a room, and she'd be totally incognito...

Your daily overdose of cute
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Sify, Romance, adventure, slice of life on occasion.
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Markary screwed around with some of the spare parts even tho she was not the one repairing it, she was not a tech or a mechanic she was a pilot and or a fighter able to take command if need be. making a soft snort she left to grab some food and then take a nap. until the fuel tank was fixed there was not much else to do.

moving down the hall to the small mess room she took what the cook gave her cherishing ever small bite even tho she was unusaly not hungry. she took slow bites chewing then swallowing all the while staring out the small window to the side. it was only as she was just finishing her meal that the ship rocked violently sending some of the others around her to the floor. Luckily for her she had reflexes and trained for this she simply braced herself, stood and made her way to the bridge.

"dang we've drifted to close to an asteroid field!" snarled one of the older pilots. "whats going on?" she asked the same time the captain tromped in from his office "what in the blue blazes is going on!" she snapped. the captain or the demon as some called him behind his back was not the most even tempered but he was fair with his male recruits (and females) "we're drifting into an asteroid field" the pilot snapped bad areuu was not the most even tempered ether and he was a much older weregoth some where around his 60's.

"is that fuel tank repaired!" snapped the captain "no sir!" she replied back with a grimace "well why not!" he demanded but the ship rocked violently again making him stagger and her have to grip onto something. "get that thing up and running for now put power on the shields" he snapped. with that an alarm was put on and over the come he commanded every tech, engineer and mechanic to get on the job now.
    P.K.'s character locker ~ P.K.'s word works ~ P.K.'s Idea store

1x1 = 1/5 Multi = 0/5 PW = 0/2
    Spoiler: Other things. 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Char was aboard the LuxThunder at last. To say that the ship was massive, gigantic, or impressive would have all been gross understatements. The thing was unlike any space vessel that anyone had ever laid eyes on, until now that is. Originally, this insect-like alien had come seeking an adventure on the planet of Earth. He had been here several weeks already when one day the news about the LuxThunder reached his ears. A journey to Teknika, whatever it exactly was, sounded exhilarating and mysterious, far too good for Char to pass up such an opportunity. So, naturally, he signed up.

His assignment on the ship wasn't anything grand or important. Quite simply, he was an assistant cook. It was one thing he did really well and also something he enjoyed thoroughly, and it helped him to get on this voyage into the unknown. The nice thing was that this was one of few adventures that he didn't have to really pay for, at least not in the sense of credits. Sure, he was giving up time and a lot of work to undertake the journey, but in his mind it was certainly worth a little bit of cooking everyday.

He had boarded the vessel with hundreds of other members of various species, many of whom he had never even known about. Char carried only his large backpack with but few belongings in addition to the cook apron that was in his hand. There was much chatter amongst the large crowd that slowly walked through the enormous hallways, and the horde split off into smaller groups that went down their respective designated stairwells and halls.

Char didn't talk to anyone, and no one did to him either. It wasn't anything personal, he was just a bit preoccupied with finding where he needed to go. There were so many signs, and even more bullets on each individual sign that had dozens of areas listed upon them. After standing around for a few moments, Char finally spotted the stairwell that led down to the mess hall, as it was oddly named.

Within ten minutes, he had arrived and was introducing himself to one of the head chefs. The kitchen space was enormous, and the number of staff was maddening. There was a fine line between having enough help and having too much. However, despite the numbers of people here now, Char wondered if even that would be enough to help feed the masses of crew members that would be on board.

The chef told him that he was on lunch assignment, and so all the other time was Char's to do with as he pleased. Of course, it was late afternoon by this time, and so lunch would not be until tomorrow. For now, he decided on taking a light tour of some of the ship. He quickly found his small quarters, not too far from the kitchen, and placed his bag on the cot before walking out again. He had heard there was a decently sized recreation area with everything from exercise rooms to nightclubs. Char decided on the nightclub, and although he did not drink he knew that plenty of people would be headed in that direction soon enough. Perhaps he would meet some interesting people, make a few friends to start off the long journey?

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wanderer had also made it into the nightclub. No room, no pass just yet, but she'd find a way. "Excuse me," she asked literally everyone who passed by, "do you have a card to spare?"

It went as well as one would hope, and she'd been shunned repeatedly. Hopefully, she wouldn't have to keep hiding until they got to their destination. It was then Wanderer saw a large, insect-like creature close by. Did it have a card? She'd ask it, trying to look inconspicuous.
    "Uhh, excuse me? Mister...?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The nightclub was literally throbbing with energy. Mind you, most of that energy was bass sound coming from the extremely loud speakers that blasted the latest popular songs so loudly that it was hard to hear someone who was yelling into your ear. The rest of the energy came from swarms of people that crowded around two areas: the bar and the dance floor. Everybody seemed to be wanted to get completely wasted before they went away, a celebration of sorts to mark the beginning of something grand.

Luckily the young woman who was asking for Char's attention was standing right in front of him, otherwise he probably would have not heard her speaking. Even so, he could barely hear the words that came from her mouth. He had been half-watching her moments before as she went about asking something to many people in the club, all of whom shunned her with unkind looks upon their faces. Perhaps she was asking for money to buy drugs or a drink? But to Char that seemed a bit odd. This lady was too kindly in her appearance, too lost to come across as being a mere junkie. Also, the robe she wore was intricate and beautiful, though not overly fancy to the point of showing off. No, this lady needed help.

"Uhh, excuse me? Mister...?"
    Char bowed his head in respect to the woman before speaking: "Yes ma'am? Is there something that you need help with?"

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Uhh, actually, yeah... See, I, uhh, lost my room key. And I really need a place to stay. My pass is gone, too. I think someone stole it. I'll need replacements." she was, of course, lying, but she was desperate. If she didn't have either of those things, she could never go.

From the other side of the room, a sickly pale Near-Human wearing a green velvet suit glanced up at the two. There was something off about him, but whatever it was, it was virtually untraceable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Char sensed by her hesitation of speech that there was perhaps more to the story than the lady was letting on, but he did not mind. He severely doubted that she was some runaway fugitive trying to steal away from a planet, or anything else equally as wild as that. Char's answer was formulated in the nanoseconds after she had finished speaking. She was a person in need of assistance, and he was certainly going to help out. To turn her down would have been against his morals.

Searching his pocket for a moment, he eventually found was he was looking for and thus presented the lady with the access card in his open claw. She seemed nervous, not only with her speech, but now she was glancing around the club with frightened eyes. He hoped his little bit of assistance would help her feel at least somewhat safer.

"The room is in the Mess Hall area, number 1352. The room is small, but the cot is all for you. I have a sleeping bag in my pack that I can use. Oh, and by the way, my name is Char."

Despite his odd exoskeletal mandible limbs that covered his mouth area, the expression on his face was unmistakably a smile.

"I can meet you there, if you're leaving the club right now. Or if you're staying, I could by you a meal perhaps?"

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Buy me a meal," she smiled, "Please. And then we can go and check it out."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Certainly," he replied.

With that the two of them exited the obscenely loud nightclub, leaving behind the inebriated buffoons to their own squalor. After being in there for a mere fifteen minutes, Char already noticed that his ears were ringing once he stepped out. He had heard there were actually a few restaurants in the nearby area, in case one got tired of the free, typical mess hall style of food and wanted to drop some creds to get a decent meal.

Walking closely together through the large hallways and groups of people within them, Char and the lady soon arrived at a quiet little diner. There were only several people inside, making it a suitable venue for the two newly-mets to have a decent chat over good food. As they sat down a waitress handed them menus and departed to give them some time to decide.

Only partially glancing at the menu, Char focused more on the woman with him now. He liked doing kind deeds to help people in need, but he still hoped that he wouldn't wake up the following morning with his belongings all gone or something of that nature. It was a possibility, yes, but rather he felt relaxed and not at all on edge with his new companion.

"What is your name, stranger? I'm afraid I didn't catch it back at the club."

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Wanderer. So, what are you expecting from Teknika?" she asked, taking note of the crowded halls. Almost everyone was discussing everything, so she wanted to speak as well. There wasn't much to her, having few real friends. Staying here would be excellent. Especially when it was over, and she could have a home.

The fellow from earlier was following at a distance, out of sight. His motives were clear to him, and only him...

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast