Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: We were never Alone... (OOC)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default We were never Alone... (OOC)

(This time it will work, I'm sure about it.)

WE WERE NEVER ALONE

In year 2479 Humanity for first time aquired to leave their own solar system and started the Age of Space colonisation. During the next fifty years 15 new colonies were were built in and outside of our Solar system. Inside our Solar system there were colonies on Moon, Mars, Titan, Uranus and even Pluto with at least one Million People living and working on them.
    The biggest colonies outside werein the Epsilon Eridani-System, about 10 Lightyears from earth with over 5 million people living there. The rest of the colonies were schattered all over the Milky Way.
    During the time of colonisation, 28 planets and systems with living creatures were discovered. Most of them were friendly and welcomed the space trvellers warmly into their systems. And so the interplanetary Trading routes were began to estabilize. Of course there were hostile or primitive species who tried to get rid of the still so young species of Humans.
    The most strongest of these were the "Ronans", an almost ancient species with control of over 200 Planets and they always conquered more. The Ronans saw the Humans as a threat for their Empire and in year 2583, without a declaration of war, the colonies in Epsilon Eridani-Systems were attacked by the Ronan fleet. In only few months, all colonies in the System, with more than 8 Million people living there at that time was annihilated and seized by the Ronans...

We now live year 2617. The human race has almost been rotten to extinction by the Ronans. All human colonies outside the Solar systems have been annihilated during these years or the contact has been lost.
    From the 45 Billion humans who had lived before the war started, only 8 Millions are still known to live.
    The Ronan Empire has already seized the colonies of Pluto and Uranus, Titan is under attack and only with help of interplanetary Missiles it has been possible to repel the Ronans from attacking the Mars.
    It is also known that the Ronans have attacked the allyies of the Humans, the Argathean Federation in a solar system 20 light years from earth. Until now their defences have been able to hold down the invasion, but for how long?
    Even the strongest allies of the Humans are under attack, the Esprans.
    Why the sudden attack of the Ronan Empire?
    What is their Goal?
    Will the Human race be destroyed?

General Harrison, 12.05.2617, New Angeles, Titan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rules: 1. All RPA rules are to follow
    2. GM's word is law
    3. No powerplaying
    4. No flaming
    5. No god-Modding
    6. No not having fun!

Plot:

The Ronans have declared the war almost against everybody, choose your side and fight for what you feel right. Do you defend the Humans living on Earth, or do you want to destroy them? Or maybe you wish to defend the Home planet of the Argatheans? There will also be few special races and abilities from humanitys mythology and fantasy so be prepared to take off...

Races:

Spoiler: Humans 

Spoiler: Ronans 

Spoiler: Argatheans 

Spoiler: Esprans 

Spoiler: Wampyreons 

Spoiler: The Valkyries 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Spoiler: CS Skeleton 

And I would like to have a equal number of units with and without abilities. Not like seven guys with abilities and one Ronan against them all. Let's be fair, ronans can't have powers but I wish that there will be some persons wishing to play one.
    Last edited by The Bartender; 01-21-2012 at 09:26 PM.
    Thank you Bia for the amazing Signature and Avatar!

Spoiler: Gangnam Style! 

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

This looks like a great game. Why not submit it for Roleplay of the Week or put it in the Roleplaying Games Directory or click here to help attract players?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

NPC'S
    Spoiler: President Hamson 

Spoiler: Empress Obidei the DXXIII 

Spoiler: Federation Leader Puragoti 

Spoiler: The Council of The Eldest 

Spoiler: Queen Wiziella 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler: General Harrison 

Spoiler: General Saphira Opisan 
    Last edited by The Bartender; 01-22-2012 at 12:33 PM.

destroyer2012

Sure I'm interested:

Spoiler: High Captain Degimlef son of Asirak 

Open to changing any or all of this if I managed to get the image of Ronans wrong somehow. Just let me know and I'll correct it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Great! I hope we will get some more players along too.

You are accepted. And I like the ship classes, they are better than mine which I thought out.
    Last edited by The Bartender; 01-23-2012 at 08:40 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cool, Thank you!

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

You ken what? There's something about this that I like. Never written a fleet-based story before. Plus I'm recognising all sorts of interesting influences - Mass Effect, SG-1, Halo...

I have an idea for one of the five Ronan generals, the one responsible for attacking Mars, though I was wondering if you could give me a bit more info. Mostly it's about the physical "rules" of the universe.

Firstly, you said humans discovered how to go at "light speed" - is this the speed limit for the universe? Makes reasonable sense, if you can take a planet in a few months, but a war spanning 20 light years takes decades.

Secondly, how does space combat work in this universe, and what sort of weapons are employed? Based on your intro I was going to run with the idea that Ronan ships have shields and use energy weapons while human ones use missiles / kinetics, so the Ronan vastly out-range the humans, but if the humans get close then the Ronan ray-shields don't work. What do you think?

And finally, is the Ronan random limbs thing the result of deliberate engineering or just a ridiculously unstable gene pool? Tailors must be very well-paid in the Empire :P I'm assuming that there's some sort of "most common" or "standardised" limb configuration for common machines like cars, planes and battlesuits? Otherwise the logistics of getting every person customised gear would be a nightmare...
    Last edited by Azazeal849; 01-31-2012 at 08:04 PM.
    Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cool Azazeal that you decided to join.

1. Question: Well, light speed is the highest speed the humans have aquired, but there are even better techonlogies such as warping that the Esprans use as well as the teleportation of the Argatheans. The Ronans use a similiar technology, but it is only usable for longer distances.

2. Question: Yes, about like that, the humans have quiet primal energy weapons and their most weaponary still bases on kinetic force. The ronans and the Esprans have far evolved particle and energy technologies, and they are truly not always acting against human weaponary.

3. Question: unstable gene pool, yes. And the standards are for two arms and two legs because there are no Ronans with only 1 leg or arm (extremely rare).

And finally, yes, you can make one of the generals.

Queen of Awesome
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Horror, Fantasy, Love
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)

Spoiler: Looking for a Roleplay? Just click it! 

Help us Help you! Vote for RPA -Daily!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast