The world of Pokemon has long been known as a a world of peace. While an occasional threat might arise, there has yet to be anything that the world can't overcome.
This time, the world may not be up to the challenge.
Twelve years ago, a light came from the direction of Mount Silver, the mountain that separates the Kanto and Johto regions. The light eventually engulfed the entire world, blinding human and Pokemon alike, and then it vanished as suddenly as it appeared.
And the world had changed.
The entire world had suddenly transformed into a giant wasteland. The lakes and oceans were polluted, and it became impossible for water Pokemon to live in their natural habitats. Grass Pokemon slowly began to grow sick. Other Pokemon began to grow feral, making travel between towns extremely dangerous.
Despite this, people tried to rebuild, just as they always did after a disaster. This time, however, would be different. Eventually, people with much more malicious intentions started surfacing with the belief that the world would remain as it was, never to return to its former peaceful state. Violence of all sorts- robberies, murder, and gang activity took a sharp increase. Now, people not only had to fear the wild Pokemon, who now occasionally attacked towns themselves in large groups, they now had to fear their own kind. The people had believed that the Pokemon League would come forward and protect them, but this was an illusion, too. The Gyms had suddenly been deserted not long after what would come to be known as the Change, the whereabouts of the Gym Leaders and their followers unknown. It was clear that the League was still active- Pokemon Centers and the storage system were still very much in effect. That was the only other sign of their existence. The Gyms themselves either became gang hangouts or shelters...and people began to lose hope.
Even Pokemon Trainers were now few in number. Most Trainers had either been killed not long after the Change, or had retired in order to better support their families, or simply for their own safety. There are some brave- or, as some might call them, foolish- Trainers who brave the wastes, hired as mercenaries to protect others on their way to other towns or other such odd jobs, since the League was all but gone. However, there are Trainers who maintain a purpose- they seek answers. Why did the Change happen? What brought it about? Perhaps, if they find the answers, they can return the world to the way it was before...
So, to summarize- the Pokemon world has been turned into a wasteland. An incredibly dangerous wasteland. The world is nothing like it used to be. Gone are the fun battles and knocking wild Pokemon out. If one wishes to survive, they must be prepared to kill- be it Pokemon or person. The League has seemingly abandoned the world, taking official battles with them.
This RP will take place within the Kanto and Johto regions- the regions where Pokemon Red/Green/Blue/Yellow/FireRed/LeafGreen, and Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal/HeartGold/SoulSilver took place respectively. I will allow newer Pokemon (Ruby/Sapphire and on), but keep the number to a minimum, please.
Also- Trainers are allowed to carry weapons. In fact- your character doesn't need to be a Trainer. Since Pokemon have become feral, people have come to mistrust Pokemon slightly. Even Trained Pokemon are capable of turning feral, suddenly giving in to their instincts during battle, so Trainers may desire to carry a weapon of some sort.
It should also be noted that catching Pokemon is MUCH more difficult to do now that Pokemon are much more dangerous. It will take a highly experienced Trainer to have a full party of six Pokemon. This means that not only that everyone wont have a full party, it also means that characters wont be catching a new Pokemon every other post.
1. THE GM'S WORD IS LAW.
2. ABSOLUTELY UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL LEGENDARY POKEMON BE ALLOWED.
3. There will be NO canon characters- that means characters from Pokemon (Red, Misty, the son of Red and Misty or whatever, ect.), or any characters related to them.
4. PLEASE PM ALL CHARACTER SHEETS TO ME FOR APPROVAL BEFORE POSTING THEM HERE IN THE OOC. I CANNOT stress this enough. To put it bluntly- if you don't PM your character sheet to me before I approve it via PM, YOUR CHARACTER SHEET WILL BE IGNORED.
5.While this is a much darker version of the Pokemon we know, that doesn't mean you can take it too far. Keep swearing to a minimum, keep romance to PG-13, the usual rules for a non-M rated RP.
6. No flaming, power playing/godmodding/ect. If you do, you might find your character suddenly crushed by a Snorlax that somehow happened to fall from the sky
not to mention the other trouble you'll be in
7. If you are going to be away for awhile, PLEASE let me know.
8. When posting in the IC, PLEASE be sure to type the name of your character's location at the beginning of the post. This is in an effort to prevent any possible confusion.
9. As GM, I hold the right to change these rules as I see fit. As such, it is in your best interest to check back here occasionally, though I will generally inform you within the OOC thread itself of any additions.