Page 1 of 15 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] The Demon's Vows / IC

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Psychological, Dark Fantasy.
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default [M] The Demon's Vows / IC

The altar felt smooth beneath her hands, the marble’s cool caress a blessing despite its many chips. Parts crumbled at her touch; she didn’t notice. Even the scuffling of nervous feet behind did not break the trance. It was only the accompanying voice that finally drew her attention.

“Miss Idée?” It called out, the very name stabbing at her heart, a point of marking out the incomplete ceremony. Or, more so, that was how she took it. The chances of Hindermost acting so malicious were doubtful, after all. He did not own the capacity for evil.

His footfalls came to a halt as though he overheard her thoughts, shifting silently upon the dusty floor. He was kind for a demon, but foolish in manner. Surprising was that he was too powerful to take for her own. Perhaps it was a frivolous notion, that the weak could only frolic with the weak, but society’s upturned nose had a way of keeping demons in line. Her own lover – soon-to-be husband – was on the same level as she, feasting on mere slivers of power, and yet… he was kind, calm and patient. What more could she hope for? A more punctual man… maybe, but one needed to love in spite of flaws.

“What do you want?” she finally answered, her soft voice still echoing between the chapel’s walls. Her red hair fell before her eyes as she turned and felt suddenly small when faced with the size of the room.

“I thought you said there would be a summoning, Miss.” He replied, huddled in the middle of the floor. He didn’t meet her eyes, instead tamely licking the dirt from his hands as though trying to find excuse to occupy his vision.

“There is,” she said flatly, “They’re coming now.”

He looked about to protest, but a strange humming filled the room. His frightened squeal drowned it out for a few seconds - the demon shortly bounding behind an overturned pew – but when the sound returned, its magnificence could not be denied.

One by one, they appeared, stolen from the depths of dreams.

“There’s so many,” Hindermost whispered.

“There should be more, but alas, I am not strong enough.”

It was only a handful, a meagre sum, but it would do. Witnesses were all they needed.

As the humans began to gain consciousness in the demon world, she threw her arms out in welcome.

“Thank you all for attending! I trust-…”

“Miss... Miss Idée!” Hindermost interrupted. He had teleported himself next to her, it seemed.

“What?” she hissed, hands dropping to her sides.

“They’re not ready, Miss.”

She looked at him quizzically before he continued,

“The humans are still in their nightwear. We must give them a chance to change, look their best.”

Idée pondered the idea. He did hold a valid point, after all.
    “You’ll fix this for me, Hindermost?”

“If that’s what you desire.” He seemed more distressed than normal, but she waved him forth with warm wishes of gratitude. His hands wrung as he did her bidding, scuttling across the debris. He tripped over his own two feet on many occasions, but picked himself up with the same vigour.

“Come with me, humans! This way!” he called as he galloped towards the door, a hand held behind to beckon them closer.

Ohio where it can snow one minute, and burn your skin the next!
    Romance, Zombie, Action, Horror, School, Fantasy.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Default Marie Salmen & Andy Summers

Marie awoke and took in her surroundings. Her eyes wide, and a gulp forming at her throat. This was different then the dream she was just in, how could a dream change so fast? Was that even possible? This place, the way it looked. She'd never seen it before. The gaps in the ceiling, looking as if it would fall at any given second. How was this place standing? Why was she even dreaming about it? Her dreams got weirder every time.

She shook her head slightly, and jumped at a voice telling her to follow. She didn't understand why she was now wearing what she wore to bed. In the dream she was having before she was in a sun-dress walking hand in hand with her ex-boyfriend. So why was she in what she called her pajamas? A red tank, and pick cupcake covered skirt. This made no since to Marie. It didn't scare her, but it really made no since.

She then caught a glimpse of the one telling her to follow, and her eyes opened wide. W-what the hell is that!? She'd never seen anything like that, and sure the hell never dreamed about it. She pinched her arm, and flinched when she felt a pain shot through it. This isn't a dream? Then where the hell am I? She shuttered at the thought of the think before her being real. This was to bizarre for comfort. Does his back have a fucking mouth!? She was to shocked to even notice her step brother laying on the ground.

Andy began to blink his eyes opened, and yawn slightly. He could see some sun, and figured that it was morning. He began to cough, and noticed dust on the ground. The hell? He then stood up, and took a look around. "Wow, this isn't my room" he said out loud, causing Marie to look at him. She was shocked to see him, and shook her head once more. Of course he ignored her, and continued glancing around.

He spotted the creature telling them to follow, and his jaw dropped. "How fucking cool is that?" he asked, and chuckled slightly. He noticed the dead flowers on the wall, as well as the cracks. It looked like an awesome place to pull some cool ass pranks. He then laughed, and walked over to his sister. "So, we gonna follow him?" he asked. Marie sighed, and nodded. "Yeah" was all she said, and began walking away.

Andy did the same, his black pajama pants swishing as he did. He wore his fathers old bud light t-shirt, and some white socks. He yawned yet again, and let a grin form on his face. He didn't care if it wasn't a dream or not, unlike Marie who wished she was dreaming. It was a new place to adventure on, and he wanted to learn more about the creature he and his sister were following. They continued to follow the demon, not aware of the others around them.

B
    Fantasy? Weird? Dark? Maybe
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Well this was off to a good start, waking half naked in a decrepit Chapel full of strangers. At least he was wearing the pants he'd put on to sleep in, be even more awkward otherwise. They others seemed to be in the same way as him, well except the creepy guy who was hunched over with another face coming out his back.... tongue just rolling about. Sometimes his dreams hated him, like the rest of him then, and this was nothing new this one.

Seemed a bit more real though than his usual dreams, which were incredibly dull. Like making a chair. That's because Ben you are not that interesting, he told himself. Dream or not it didn't matter to him anyway.

“Come with me, humans! This way!” Beckoned the creepy guy.

"Yes, follow the guy with the scary face on his back. Smart idea."

Luckily nearby a young guy and girl had decided it would be a fine idea to go away with the creature. Well the guy thought it was 'cool' and she seemed to not really care. Ben shrugged. "Yes, smart idea," he said at their backs.

He gave a look over the other group, whatever.

With those in front acting as a shield in case the back faced guy really did want to eat them or kill them, Ben slunk along behind. Coward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Shay Lest

Shay opened her eyes to find herself in a place she truly did not recognize. She had gotten used to people putting things in her drinks at parties and her ending up in places she didn't know when she woke. This, however, was way too freaky for her. Dust swirled around her from the lack of use. She looked down at the dust, there were no drag marks or anything to prove that she had been brought here by any normal methods. Hell, there were even cobwebs on the floor.

The last thing she remembered was being at Danny Brim's party. She knew she went to one of the bedrooms and ended up passing out. Rubbing her head she mumbled, "God, that is the last time I accept kool-aid from the art teacher..." She looked around herself and her eyes shot wide as she saw at least a dozen other bodies, mostly in pajamas it seemed. "What the fuck..." she shot up out of the pew she was in and cocked her head to the side at the misshapen thing in the aisle told them all to follow it.

"Right... let's all follow hunchback... that makes sense..." she sighed and rolled her eyes. There wasn't much else she could do. He was headed toward the exit. She might as well find out where she was. She walked into the aisle and got behind a guy that was obviously as excited about all of this as she was. She leaned over his shoulder, resting her chin on it and smiling as she whispered in his ear, "Well hello there..."
    Last edited by Lithiora; 03-08-2012 at 03:27 PM.

Beautiful sig and avi created by Yuuku <3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

She wasn’t naked. That was a problem. Maybe. It was hard to say, really… The white robe that she had been provided with was rather comfy, and Ariella wasted no time whatsoever in giving it a trial spin, laughing as the hem rose up from its resting place. She knew for sure that she didn’t own any gowns like this… She’d never be able to keep them clean, for one. She also knew for sure that she didn’t recognize any of the people that were either laying or standing around her. She may have seen the hunchback-face-man on the back of an album cover, but she really wasn’t sure, one way or another.

Regardless of whether hunchback-face-man was a band logo or not, it was all too clear to Ariella that she was dreaming because she was reasonably sure that she hadn’t fallen asleep in a creepy gothy church with dead flowers everywhere. So, why not enjoy the ride? Absolutely no reason! Stifling a giggle at the end of her train of thought, Ariella stood up and looked around the room, quite pointedly not following after the man with the strange back-face because, honestly, the pretty woman wearing the mask and the wedding dress was a much more interesting figure. It wasn’t until Ariella was only a few feet away that she noticed the odd shape of her ears, the nails on her fingers… But this was a dream, right? Still less weird than the other guy. The real problem was that she really didn’t know what to say now that she was here, the odd girl staring at the demoness in silence for a good thirty seconds before finally settling on “that’s a pretty dress…”
    Been gone for... Forever. Good to be back though!

Sorry to everyone that I was talking with before I disappeared >_<

Riding a black Unicorn down the side of an erupting volcano.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Felix awoke quietly, opening his eyes slowly as his body adjusted to the unique feeling of being summoned. As his eyes adjusted to the dim light of the chapel, he noticed the sad state of his surroundings, the decayed chapel, his fellow wedding guests, and the demons by the altar. A dream perhaps? Not likely, I rarely dream... But then, where am I? The woman demon's dress stood out to Felix, and caused him to realize that he was in a chapel. The woman demon spoke “Thank you all for attending! I trust-…” Before being cut off by the beastly demon. While the two interchanged a brief conversation, Felix guessed that he must be the guest of a wedding.

The beastly demon's appearance was most peculiar to Felix, reminding him of the horror stories he and his brother used to share as children, but the way he moved was what really interested him, the clumsy enthusiasm made him think of a dog if it walked on two legs. As the demon spoke of how their current clothes were unacceptable, Felix looked down upon his blue pajamas, noticing that the pants had already gotten covered in dirt, and his bare feet were gray as well. As Hindermost galloped towards the door asking for the guests to follow him, Felix thought of what his options were. What a strange creature, I'd love to chat with him, but that other woman by the altar would also be excellent to talk with... I suppose I'll have plenty of time to talk with her, I'd better get dressed properly, I have a wedding to attend after all.

Felix smirked at the situation, following Hindermost slowly, carefully picking his way around the rubble, while stroking his beard and thinking of questions he could ask these strange creatures.
    Last edited by Grant; 03-08-2012 at 10:25 PM.

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Tibbs woke up and triued to take a swig of the bourbon he held in his hand the whole night, but it wasn't there. Soon after he knew something wasn't right. He was not in his bed. He was not in his house. He was not even in his own clothes! He took a looked around with wide eyes wondering where in the hell he was and how exactly he got there. No one could sneak up on him and take him away, and no one could've spiked his bourbon because no one could have gotten into his safe. He then gave a start when he saw others who seemed just as confused as he was and again when what he thought was some woman in a costume appeared, greeting them. "Hey where the hell are we, lady?"

Suddenly, some wretched thing appeared right beside her from thin air and Elroy blinked. I really need to quit drinking, he thought to himself. He then listened to their exchange and reached for the gun in his back holster, but it wasn't there. "The humans are still in their nightwear," the thing said to her. Well, the weird looking thing definitely wasn't human, but apparently the girl wasn't either. Then the thing said, “Come with me, humans! This way!”

Tibbs had enough of this and wasn't about to follow that thing anywhere without some answers. So he took a few steps at them and yelled out. "Hold it right there! No one is going anywhere until you tell us what in the hell is going on. I am an NCIS special agent and you have just kidnapped a government official. You have a lot of explaining to do young lady."
    Last edited by Edynol; 03-08-2012 at 11:24 PM.

I'mma Spam-head!
    Wheel of Time in Persistent Worlds
    Spoiler: Join our Wheel of Time World! 
    Spoiler: My Theme Song! 
    Ethanria now has its own Persistent World section! Check us out here!

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

Not the finest taste, and yet not too shabby like, unless you are god damn critic, may god take pity of your shitty soul!

Alas, He would have liked nothing better than to find the one responsible for his relocating and personally thank the mischievous devil with a nice right hand 'pet' straight up for his abdomen. Suppose lower attack might, oh my, take place by some dear unforgivable circumstances, forgiveness shall be requested still.

But not without a nice warm grin to come along with it.

Fixing his jaws within his hands and licking his teeth and lips he reached his palms for his clothing, making sure they were somehow decent and tidy without a speck of a dust to add for his clumsy embodiment within his night gown. And so, the dear sir approached the hall which seemed to be taken directly from some 50's films, black and white times, may they rest in peace, directly from these years even, with all the dust and mold and dead flowers...

With Curious eyes he studied his surroundings, at least he was not the only one to be improper about his dressing code.

And as much as it pleases him, this knowledge that he was not the only one to be at a total loss around, he realized that someone as honorable as him shouldn't be thrilled at the sight of other's misfortune.

Yet... it was still amusing none the less..

A lady called from her balcony, such a sight surly cannot be of this world. He could barely hear the imps' discussion with all the noise the others around him created. Sure, they were terrified like little mice within a new maze, but he was trying to listen for fuck sake.

Foul words, such language Erebus, surely such fine man as yourself will not let this incident take out the worst in him now, will you? Embrace yourself, correct your stance and be grateful that no one here has heard your dirty thoughts. Really now, you are supposed to be an example you know?

He inhaled and moved closer, slowly adjusting to this new situation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When she came into awareness, Zaire reacted to all her surroundings with all the eloquence she could muster.

"What the fuck?"

At least she was still in her clothes. Shorts which had once hung loose on her hips now fit snugly around the curve of her lower belly, the swell of The Fetus barely starting to shadow the folds of her overlarge shirt. She'd probably have to get new shorts soon or something.

"Seriously." The girl turned her head in either direction, taking in the equally disoriented people standing around her like the cast of a particularly bizarre play. Or a bunch of people with hangovers. But the second didn't seem likely, considering that Zaire didn't drink. "What the fuck is going on here?"

"Thank you all for attending! I trust -"

Whipping her head around at the sound of speech, Zaire's mouth dropped open. Immediately, she wished she hadn't looked. The woman with the horns and the oddly colored skin? Not so much the problem. Bizarre as all hell, but Zaire didn't let it faze her. She'd heard of stranger. No, it was the thing with the tongue and the face. It looked like a dog bred with a man gone horribly wrong. Like something from one of her Grandmother's increasingly vivid hallucinations. And it was talking. Zaire turned away. She did not need to subject her eyes to that kind of torture. Plus, if she vomited, it would take nutrition away from The Fetus. Or she could inhale it in her sleep. Or something. Whatever. Zaire didn't like health class anyway.

"Come with me, humans! This way!" The thing ran by them. And Zaire realized that its front end was the least of her worries. A face, complete with fangs and a giant slavering tongue extending down its ass, sprouted directly out of the monster-creature's back. What had she done to deserve dreams like this? She didn't drink, did no drugs, and premarital sex... not really that bad, in the long run. The father of The Fetus was still free. As in, not incarcerated. So why, in the name of Buddha, or Shiva, or whatever you wanted, did she have to look at that thing?

To no one in particular, and particularly to The Fetus, Zaire commented "that is seriously disgusting".

And yet... When the FBI man started to make a speech about personal rights or whatever, she had to make a stand.

Zaire shrugged, one hand in the air, one on her hip. "Seriously? This is either a dream or a hallucination. Not something to have a first amendment cow over. So I don't know about the rest of you, but I..." The stone floor was cold and smooth beneath her bare feet, like it had once been trodden down by an ocean of feet but long lain lonely. "I am going with supercreepypants over here. Just as long as I don't have to actually look at him."

Isis's Legions of Doom
    Useful for those in The Kids You Pushed Away
    "I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice"

Queen of the Seas
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Rosalyn always had been a light sleeper. As soon as she heard the slightest movement of someone else, her body twitched and her eyes slowly opened. A haze covered her vision, but she was not focused on looking around yet. Not until the conversation was over…

“They’re not ready, Miss.”

“The humans are still in their nightwear. We must give them a chance to change, look their best.”

Humans? Rosalyn quirked a brow and continued eavesdropping; she remained still, even breathing ever so slightly in fear of getting noticed.

“You’ll fix this for me, Hindermost?”

“If that’s what you desire.”

There was another shuffling of feet and voices, making her more alert. As her vision finally cleared, Rosalyn grew baffled as to where she was. “Huh?” She sat up, observing other people who stood and spoke amongst themselves. They were all in a cathedral, long forgotten and aged. Yet what caught her attention was not the debris or the dust, but the two creatures ahead of them. The vile looking one stood by a door, beckoning everyone to follow. Rosalyn, however, was not so sure.

She patted the dirt off her polka dot pajama pants, comforted that she wore socks this time. As she stood, a man abruptly began to shout, practically causing her to jump. He was angry, for sure, and it was best to ignore him for now. Rosalyn began to walk a bit, eyes frantically looking at other people who have not regained consciousness. When she spotted her sister, she gave a small sprint towards her. “Ivy!” She shook her gently, causing the older woman to stir slightly, “Ivy! Thank goodness you’re with me!” She smiled, “I shouldn’t have listened to you about that movie. You said it wasn’t scary, but it was! And I think we’re stuck in one of my nightmares.” She looked at everyone, including the creatures, and turned back to Ivy. “Only, I don’t know these people.”

thanks hayabusa!
    lol bringing the dragon eggs back:

Page 1 of 15 123 ... LastLast