Fantasy? Weird? Dark? Maybe
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Default [M]Swanheart Hill [IC]

Swanheart Hill
    The OOC Thread

Prologue
    The First Heart

Sometimes you can feel something is wrong. You don't know what it is but something is terribly terribly wrong. This man felt this as he walked toward his store front, with his heart pounding. Every movement was dulled so he continued onward in a haze. His fingers touched the wooden door gently creaking it inward. It was supposed to be locked.

He breathed out a heavy breath. Slowly he opened the way to his store. The first thing he noticed was the drip of red splashing against the sandy soil. Inside was darkness but for the thin strip of the moonlight. Lining the floor was a layer of dark red liquid.

His eyes widened and he stepped forward into the dark room. Something hit his head, he fell down head smashing into the floorboards. Splashing, his cheek fell into the liquid and before he passed out his nosed picked up the strong scent.

Of Wine.

Water soaked his face and he woke up. There were two torches lit on opposite sides of the room and he himself sat against a wall in the center of them. No one had cleaned up the wine. He looked around seeing the destruction left by his attackers, they had torn the place to pieces.

The pair of them stood with their backs to him, one was big and the other not so. On the table beside them was a bowl, a torch and a single arrow.
    “What do you want?” He asked them.

One of them, the smaller one turned, and he could see he wore a hood that kept his features hidden. “Answers.” Came the reply whispered back.

“Oh shit!” He croaked, he could hardly forget that voice, “Red Hood, your poor wife! I was so sorry to hear...” He trailed away as something smashed above his head. He hadn't been tied down but decided it wouldn't be the smartest thing to move. Debris and wine dropped into his hair.

“Hear? Hear?!” Hissed the Red Hood. He cowered away as the hooded man walked forward. Strong hands gripped his cheeks and he stared back into Robin's eyes. Full of rage, his mouth was sneering, and the old axe wound looked fiercer than normal. He was rattled for a moment.

“I, I don't understand!”

“You don't understand?” Growled Red Hood, “you don't understand why you sold her tainted wine!”

He woke up a moment later on the floor, an open wound on his head gushing. Holding a hand to his head he babbled, “I didn't know, I didn't know...”

One of them picked him up and put him back into the chair. He was sobbing quietly to himself but managed to say, “please don't kill me.”
    “Look up.”

So he did and he looked across into the eyes of his wife, wearing the same clothing she had been wearing that morning. Unlike him she was not free to move, tied to her chair with great knots. She was gagged and couldn't speak to him. He cried out at the sight.

Red Hood stepped in front of him.

“You can't...” He whispered, “You won't!”

“No, you will. Like the wine I served my wife.”

He was pulled forth to the table and the big man took one of the torches from the wall. The wine seller then saw what was in the bowl. Oil.

“No.”

“Lift the bowl up.”

“No,” he said again taking a step back.

The Red Hood growled at him before picked up the bowl himself. Angrily he threw the bowl into the woman. The oil hit the wall behind her or fell to the ground. When turning back he drew a knife.

That's when the wine seller picked up the unlit torch – his hit took the Red Hood in the shoulder. Sending the man into a wall.

A flaming stick smashed into the wine seller's eyes.

When Robin pushed himself off the wall the wine seller was already dead. Morcal was quick.

“Fucking bastard.” He grunted.

He spared a look at the dead man's wife. Then untied her.

B
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Chapter 1
    A Gathering.

The Following Morning.

The big man, Morcal waited for Robin outside the man's home. He stared about annoyed into the street, the dawn light was particularly bright. He'd been awake most of the night. A man and woman walked too close to him so he opened his mouth and tapped the hilt of his sword. It had a rather large blade that made them scurry along.

Morcal leaned up against the building.

Robin emerged a little while later, thinking deeply.

“You alright?” Asked Morcal.

Robin shook his head and walked off, “come on.”

Morcal followed.

They arrived at the hall a short time later. Outside was a large wagon hitched to a donkey. There was a crowd gathered inside but Robin (with help from the larger Morcal) managed to get himself onto a small podium they had set up.

Before him was all the people he asked to be there, fighters, warriors, people he knew to be good at what needed to be done. Also people who had traveled into the wastelands many times.

“You'll probably know why I asked you here, I won't bother with explaining it.” Robin called out over the people, “I'm going into the wasteland to hunt down a demon but I'm going to need some help.” Robin looked out over the crowd, some of the people gathered had already began to push themselves out. Traveling into the wasteland was not for everyone.

Nearby the door a woman caught the interest of Robin, she was rather short with blonde hair. He nudged Morcal and nodded in her general direction.

“Right.” Grunted Morcal.

Robin focused on those that remained. “For any that come, I promise gold. Some now, some when we get back.” He shoved his thumb at the chest on the stage behind him before flicking it open. There were sacks in there. He lifted one out and opened it into his hands, the gold chimed.

“So, that's that, who's in?”

A Pilgrim
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bren looked at his would be employer. He had heard many stories about The Red Hood. He was said to be a killer, a butcher, though he had never taken much stock in those tales. In his experience there was usually quite a difference between a man and his reputation, at least in most cases.

Though he had to wonder about the job he was offering, only a fool would go after a demon for no reason. It had the smell of something more personal, but what? Revenge? Regardless, it seemed as good a hopeless cause as any to join.

He stood up to his full height, careful not to hit the roof of the wagon, “So that’s it then? We go out and become great monster slayers?” he said wryly walking forward. “Certainly hope you aren’t relying on us to track down this beastie, I can barely guide my pecker out of my leggings without a compass and two maps!” He exclaimed emitting a few barking laughs.

He grinned standing in front of The Red Hood. “Names Bren, not much for conversation, but if you need some killing done I’m your man!” he grinned shoving his meaty and smudged with dirt paw in front of the man for him to shake.

Fantasy, Sci Fi, Horror, Steampunk, Western
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Little Ruby needed no offers of gold, though she certainly hoped the brute would be generous enough to land a few coins in her satchel by the end. Her arms were crossed, and she glared up at Robin and his giant of a lap dog, but a pout would do her no good. Ruby’d have to play this smooth, approach this with caution. Schmoozing hadn’t helped her earlier, but to aggravate a man like Robin was just… puerile.

Speaking of which…

“Ah, yes!” she exclaimed with a clap to the tall man’s joke. “Of course, it must be far too small to dig out of your massive trousers, yes?” Ruby gave a hearty wink towards Bren. Ah, yes, she did love a good jest.

“Count me in as well, good Robin. My name is Ruby, as you already know.” The woman’s smile was strained, but it was there nonetheless. She’d just have to keep it up as much as possible.

But she continued to curse herself, though nothing could be done. Robin knew her real name, and that was all the incentive she needed.

Free Editing

Spoiler: The show must go on. 

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

Am I forced to have any regret?
    I've become the lie, beautiful and free
    , In Flames, 'Only For The Weak'

He felt the heat from the fireplace warming up his body as the flames played tricks of shadow and light with orange and black colors around the small chamber. When he got bored of just staring into the nothingness he raised himself slowly from the warm mattress, arching his back a bit to lean on his arms as he breathed into his nostrils the sweet intoxicating smell of the young woman that rested beside him. He smirked as he allowed his warm hand to pass over her curvy body's parts, slowly drawing the lines of her hips and belly, his fingers digging into her skin as he hummed peacefully. He then entangled his fingers with locks of her silky raven hair, enjoying the sensation a while longer before he turned to sit on the bed, away from her, as he started to dress up.

It was another wonderful night he spent with her. True, she was inexperience enough for his liking, but such was to be expected from someone who had only recently started to interact sexually with the opposite gender. Yet, he could have always gave her up in favor of some other local bitch or money brought whore, but he enjoyed her far more than he did with most of his ladies. There was something about her, her excitement and inquiring nature that grabbed ahold of him the moment he met her. Wise and beautiful beyond her years, a rare combination to find. She was willing to go and try new things with him, even if his reputation of a 'bad boy' should have been enough to make her act more carefully.

Then again, he knew he was irresistible. He knew that from the start she should have been an easy prey to use and throw after only one night, leaving the impression he will come back for her. Ha. As if. She had everything he could hope to use for his advantages, she was innocent, pure and most of all naive. She should have fell for him without extra effort from his side, but then she just... proved him wrong...

Sure, he liked the fact she played hard to get at first, but even after she gave herself to him one night, it was far from silencing his hunger for her.

He took a deep breath, exhaling, knowing perfectly well what would come next...

It was too bad... He was going to miss her... Her cheerfulness, her eagerness. Sure she could be annoying at times, like any women could, but she was just cute enough to make her childish attributes to seem as not so bothering as they otherwise should have been.

However...

She became far too close to him, far more precious than he wish her to be, and therefore she was a weakness. A weakness he shall rid off tonight.

Carefully withdrawing the small dagger from the leather scabbard, he approached her and raised the blade, making it shine by reflecting the moonlight's rays that pierced into the small window. He took a deep breath before he heaved it and stabbed it into her body.

Watching the crimson blood spilling over the bed, he leaned above her and slowly licked the blood that poured from her chest, the blade placed right at where her hear was located.

A fitting death.

"What do you want from me?".

Nathaniel took another step forward, tossing the dead body before him, "I want immortality... I want power.... I want youth... I want to be a god".

"You're a fool!"

"I WANT POWER DAMMIT!", Nathaniel cried, his beautiful eyes piercing and glittering even in this gloomy cave, "I want power, and you are going to give me that!".

Muffle sounds of moving metal were heard as the fiend move closer for the light which was produced by the touched held in Nathaniel's left hand. It raised itself slowly to reveal a chained naked visage which had a feminine attributes. Aside of the outer line it had no clear shape or parts, and looked like a mess of air within some limits of what appeared to be a body.

"You're a fool, son of Kilth, Your clan have locked me up here for generations, I have no power and I shall certainly would not spare some in favor for the likes of you".

"Is that so?", Nathaniel titled his head, studying the creature and trying to understand what could its expressionless void for a face would mean. Humans were so much more easier to read. They frowned when they were upset, they got angry when they heard bitter news, upset when losing a close partner, happy with a joyful or fortunate event, surprise with a bad one. Demons, or other creatures on the other hand, were behaving with other morals and thinking; it was no easy task for a human to understand them. And still Nathaniel aimed to achieve just that, having no desire to abandon an obstacle undone.

Maybe that is way he decided not to negotiate when he went straight for his winning card, "I'll free you", he said slowly.

The aura around the creature seemed to turn lighter, as if it was easier to stand beside it.

Good. It meant it was willing to listen.

He carried on, "I'll even give out of my way to give you a body".

The creature made a gesture, scanning the woman's corpse before her, "Why would the son of Kilth give me such a present? She is dead, but it's hard not to feel the attachment she had for you. Dare I say you hold the same for her?"

"Think none of this", Nathaniel said firmly.

"Very well...".

"A body... and in exchange power and protection...", said Nathaniel with a grin.

The demoness made a weird sound, which Nathaniel could only understand as a laughter, "So be it!".

With a quick nod Nathaniel started to utter words in unknown ancient language. The spall was so powerful his robes and hair were ruffled by a sudden burst of magic and wind that appeared out of the blue and light up the cave instantly with illumination of thousands suns.

The demoness screeched as the metallic chains that bound her broke and shattered as if they were nothing but sand. With glee she started to hover from there, steadfast on fleeting the foolish mortal before he could bind her again. She never planned to play into his game to begin with. She thought of him as a powerless fool. He looked firm, but truth was he possessed almost no magical talent at all. Hell, it took at least eight powerful shamans from his dying tribe to lock her up when she was at her prime, she wouldn't let this shame of a man to outsmart her.

Sadly, he was ready.

Rubbing the red gem on the ring placed at his index finger, he started to chant something, which rose another burst of power that hit him again, as it forced the female demon into the body of the dead woman.

The maiden's eyes burst wide open as she gasped for air, breathing the first breath of life in her new form. Looking around with anger she glowered at Nathaniel. She watched him falling to his knees, the strong chant he has unleashed devastated him enough to make him lose balance and almost caused him to faint right where he was. Leaning on his back he watched with sprawled limbs, that held no strength to raise or fight, as she hovered above him, climbing on him, reaching her formally dead hands for his neck, aiming to chock the life out of him, now that he was so helpless before her.

He only smiled, teasing her to do as she pleased; urging her to seize the chance and revenge.

She frowned at this and unleashed more power only to realize she couldn't kill him. Surprised, she raised her hands before her, trying to study what was wrong.

He laughed, weakly pointing at his ring, "You're mine... My goddess", he said with a husky voice, chuckling and coughing from the effort.

She gritted her teeth and fasten her hands as a loud cry escaped her lips in a frustration.

After a long hour they got out of the cave, he led the way as she was dragged by unseen force to follow him, "You better get used to it, dear", he said once they approached another man who stood beside three horses.

She tsked as she pulled herself above the saddle of one of them, "I see what you want", she said slowly, with a defeated voice, "By entering this human female's body I shall become one with her. In a sense you are just going to turn me into something you wished her to be... I see her memories... I feel her emotions... No matter how much I despise the sight of you, No matter how much I want to kill you... Deep inside I know that she is going to grow on me...".

Nathaniel nodded with a silly smile, "You read me well. I could have turned for any demon I wanted, way lower than you , weaker than you, easier to control than you. But I chose you. You, Azaria, the demonic embodiment of fire, of life, of light...", he raised his hands for her cheeks, feeling them burn under his touch as an involuntary act of blushing colored her face red, "... of lust...", he licked his lips as she looked away from him, not very pleased with this foolish human emotion she had just experienced with nothing to encourage her to feel it but just his swift caress and the touch of his skin.

He ascend his horse, "Such a goddess as you, is worthy by my side", he chuckled, "And soon, I shall be a proper powerful rule to you".

"I shall never succumb to your filthy desire human", she said.

He gave a wink to the other man beside him, "We will see about that..."

And the three rode from there, aiming for the local town.

To the offer of Robin, Nathaniel stepped forward, presenting his companions; A dark tanned skin man by the name of 'Qadir', and another person, a woman, who decided to keep herself hidden by her hood.

"My name is Nathaniel Welsh", he gesture with a polite bow and a rich smile, "I am at your service, of course".

There was just something so delicious about people like the type of Robin. When they wanted something, they could turn so eager that they would do anything to get what they want...

And the best part of all was the fact they didn't care from who they got the help, nor would they ask questions.

Which for Nathaniel was Just perfect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Celeste entered the familiar village with an open mind, doubting that anyone would recognize her. Two years prior to her visit, she had been caught in the jewelry, restocking her valuables. They had locked her in the back or a horse carriage on the way their prison, but the cart didn't oppose a threat to her and was almost insultingly easy to break free from. Normally, she wouldn't dare to play with the flames and revisit the crime scene, but a certain exchange was made, that she couldn't back away from. The blood of a man named Robin, in exchange for a poison she had been searching for and a thousand gold. A fair enough of a trade, for a simple village man. And she would perform no lesser than what was expected: without flaw.

As she entered the town, she grabbed the hood of her cape and slowly masked her face with the rich material. Her hair was articulately braided down to the small of her back and her face had a shadow cast over it. The burnt gold cape draped over her body in a very classical style, melting into a puddles around her feet. Her two slender hooked-blades were wedged between her knee-high grey boots and thick leather pants.

Placing her hands behind her back, she walked steadily into the city, her head ducked down. Before she had the chance to ask someone for directions to the Robin figure, she heard yelling and peeked around the corner, to find a man delivering a heated speech on a podium.

Curiously wandering over to the crowd, but definitely keeping her distance, she studied the man. Pulling out a worn slip of paper from her sleeve, she glance at the rough sketch of a man, to the man raving on about something. She had found a match.

Suspicious to the simplicity of her task, she felt as if her mark had come to her. While thinking of how the attention he brought himself would make her task more challenging, she caught a snippet of what he was announcing, “-into the wasteland to hunt down a deamon.”

Her eyes widened as several people offered their assistance, but the small female stared at the ground.

"What kind?" she suddenly blurted aloud, her voice distant, her accent foreign. She had always had an almost shrill voice that sounded much too young for her age, as a few bystanders stared at her in disbelief. "What kind of deamon are you hunting down?" she corrected herself, taking a hesitant step backwards.

Psychological, Dark Fantasy.
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

He was panting by the time the hall came into his view. Sweat was dripping into his eyes and his cheeks were red. He'd run all through town and from the farm to be there. Peter was later than he'd hoped to arrive. From the distance he could see people inside and a cart ready and waiting. Peter pushed himself onward and felt another thump on his back. He'd regretted the old battleaxe ever since he'd found it, it was heavy and awkward.

---

Victoria was content to check over the pair of donkeys that headed the cart, pleased that she could avoid entering the throngs of people for a few moments longer. In truth, there was no need for her to be inside at all – Her place on the trip was already guaranteed. She knew, however, that it was vital to find out whom she would be travelling with before the group left town. It was not that she felt endangered by the people she had seen enter, but she would not trust them with a single copper of her money.

Her magic was not made to protect from silent knives in the night.

---

Peter reached the cart and leaned up against is breathing heavily. Despite his urgent run and fear of being left behind he couldn't help but smile. He'd made it before everyone left. Wherever Robin was taking these people he was determined to come. Do something great, become like the great Sentinel or perhaps known like Burnt Fingers.

The crowd inside did already look pretty daunting, he recognised some of the people from stories. The rest just looked tough.

“Well here goes this!” Peter said to himself walking around the cart.

Victoria had had the same idea at that exact moment, bracing herself to enter the fray of thugs. She had to flinch back to stop herself from walking right into the man. Her mind reeled in that moment’s breath – Had he noticed her? Did she want him to notice her? Surely it would be better to enter with a male accompaniment, wouldn’t it?

Falling back onto her other foot without visible hesitation, she released an audible ‘Oh!’ of feigned surprise and tried to look flustered.

Surprised and somewhat ashamed that he's nearly walked into someone, Peter cowed his head, "so sorry miss." He looked at her expecting a vicious warrior but she was nothing of the sort. She seemed out of place amongst all the fighters.

Oh shit, maybe she was a poisoner, Peter looked at her again. Could be, wasn't there suppose to be someone around town like that? He bowed his head respectfully in case.

"Are you entering too? Looking to work with Red Hood?"
    She was not used to answering questions, more prone to asking them. Still, she was amused by how easy it had been to strike up a conversation with one of the men. His politeness had not been expected.

“I’ve already been given work.” She dipped her head respectfully as she replied, “I was only going to enter to see who else might be accompanying me. Yourself?”

Already given work? Oh dear, maybe he was right? Was she a poisoner? Instead of voicing his suspicions Peter replied, "wow, yes, I plan to be coming along. In fact I should probably go in."

“Oh, excellent!” she exclaimed. Although he did not invite her to join him, she acted as though he had, falling in beside him happily and waiting to continue forth into the crowds. “I go by the name Victoria. I’m not much of a fighter; they only hired me to drive the wagon.”

Well that made Peter feel a little silly. "I'm Peter, I'll hope to be coming with you then."

[Co-op with V]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Freya was totally standing out in the tent. Everyting else was dark and colourful, or black. She was the only one totally white there, looking like a part of a painting that the artist had forgotten to paint. She listened the words of Red Hood with interest. She had no interest in money, she was more interested in the demon they were going to hunt. She put her hand on her hip, where her sword was. It was a weapon of an assassin, almost invicible and swift. The feeling of cold metal always soothed her mind because she knew if she felt something, she was still alive. But for how long? This curse had been laying on her for over 2 years now, corrupting her body and mind, weakening her, making her capable of only fighting in groups or by suprise. It was impossible to fight head-to-head with her body so weak, but the demonic powers would heal her, she was sure about it.
    As the Red Hood stopped talking and asked who is with him, Freya walked to him and said with weak voice;
    "I don't need money, all I want is the corpse of the demon after we killed it."
    Thank you Bia for the amazing Signature and Avatar!

Spoiler: Gangnam Style! 

B
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

After he was done he didn't know what to expect, hunting demons because they had come close to the
    town was one thing. But entering the wasteland simply to hunt them was something else altogether. Something foolish perhaps.

The first to come forth was a giant of a man, his head matching up to Robin's even as he stood on the stage. He made a joke about his cock, Robin smiled and gave a quick chuckle as Ruby made a comment as well. “Don't you worry, I have that all sorted.” He replied evasive. It included going into the wasteland. And that was about it.

“I've heard of you, Thunderclap, welcome aboard Bren.” He said and tipped his gold coins back into the pouch. He placed it in the warriors hand as they shook in agreement.

“And you too Ruby, I'm quite surprised you've agreed to this. But happy nonetheless.” Robin picked out another pouch and tossed it through the air.

Morcal was nearby and towering over the short woman, he nodded to Robin but remained nearby. At least he hadn't been required to convince the woman, at least not yet. The Golden Imp was a grand liar however, she'd be able to talk her way out of the room with no trouble. Probably into and out of Bren's large trousers in the process.

The only advantage Robin had over her, was he knew she was the Golden Imp, a secret she'd held dear to herself. And he intended to use it to the fullest.

"My name is Nathaniel Welsh", he gesture with a polite bow and a rich smile, "I am at your service, of course".

Robin frowned at this one, he didn't seem much like a fighter and he talked like a man from one of the three kingdoms – all polite like hiding lies. Still Robin nodded to him and his companions. The dark skinned man beside him looked tough and the woman was mysterious. Could be dangerous. Three more people helping could help them survive and return safely.

“Welcome Nathaniel, what are your companions' names?” He asked

"What kind?"
    "What kind of deamon are you hunting down?"

Spoke a woman in the crowd, Robin turned to the oddly foreign voice and found her there, she had pale skin and messy hair. His voice turned cold and spiteful as he responded “a Stone-Eater.”

As soon as he replied a quiet weak voice whispered to him. "I don't need money, all I want is the corpse of the demon after we've killed it."

He found the owner quickly, her body more the colour of bone that any skin tone he'd ever seen. She may the previous woman look to have a healthy tan. The white clothing she wore didn't help her at all. A voice whispered in his mind Ghost.

Robin nodded his okay. “All I ask is you leave its heart to me.”

There wasn't a lot that could be done with a Stone-Eater heart. And most things weren't worth the risk of hunting down the demon. If others had these thoughts they would know he needed the cure to stoneskin.

He looked from between the two pale demon hunters and he asked, “do you ladies have names?”

By that point all that were uninterested with the task had left them to their meeting. An aging warrior named Thramor who Peter recognised as Long Shirt, and a thin emotionless woman known as Selena the Spider were the last to join up with Robin.

“I wish to journey with you too Red Hood,” Peter called from beside Victoria. He gave a welcoming smile and tapped his hand against his old worn axe, “my name is Peter.” He didn't know what he'd done to deserve the long look that Red Hood gave him but he sighed in relief when the archer gave him a wild grin.

“Sure, boy,” Robin said, there was genuine humour in his voice. Looking at Peter he could see himself a decade ago, young and ready to fight things. Hell the young man had a battleaxe too. He threw a pouch of coins at him, “buy a better weapon before we leave.” Peter, who was busy picking the pouch of the floor nodded in reply.

Robin jumped down to the room with the others. Fourteen was as good a number as any to take into the wasteland, and certainly a lot better than he'd hoped to take. He nodded toward Victoria, “This is Victoria, she'll be driving our cart of supplies. If you have anything that needs to carried there is some room left in the cart. But the rest is full of our food for the journey.”

There was nothing to hunt on the wasteland, and the plants that grew were inedible.

“We plan to get underway within an hour, so if you need to do something before then get it done quick. I'll be waiting at the Western Gate until then.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Celest was amused by the tone of his voice when he mentioned the stone eaters, wondering what suffering they had caused him. Steadily darting her way through the crowd, she nimbly lifted herself up with the other passengers, trying to keep her distance. She kept her head ducked, pointing to the dirt. "Just a few more minutes," she reminded herself, not wanting to reveal her identity, quite yet. She pointed out the shopkeeper who she had stole from, a round man with puffed cheeks.

"Where are we headed to, exactly?" she asked the leader of their conquest, rather than giving him her name. She would ease up to the crowd, once she was sure that they were actually going through with his plan.

Looking around at the other members, she realized his odd if a situation this was. None of them looked particularily equipped to fight a stone eater, nor did they have any history of fighting together. Figuring that they would review battle tactics and techniques wherever they set up their camp, she kept to herself.
    Last edited by Extraordinaire.; 01-15-2012 at 04:02 AM.

Page 1 of 12 123 ... LastLast