There is a town in central California. It is named Perdido Beach. It is nicknamed Fallout Alley. The name is there for a reason. Thirteen years ago, from this present day, a meteorite from outer space came hurling into the town's nuclear plant. It crashed through one of the generators, in turn spilling hundreds to millions of gallons of nuclear waste into the Earth. Only one human was killed in the incident, a man, he was in the generator at the time of the explosion.
It was said all the nuclear waste was cleaned up. Everyone believed it. People's lives went back to normal. People had children. Began moving away from Perdido Beach, others came into the small town. The children all lead normal lives. Going to school, learning, aspiring for their future careers. They'd come home and play video games, go out with their friends. Go to the movies. They may have even come on RPA.
But one day, in the middle of the children's fourth period class, the teacher just disappears. The children go out into the hallway, looking for any sign of the rest of the teachers. They're all gone. All the adults. They're just disappeared. Children go home to find their older siblings, their parents, their grandparents. Only they're not there. There were open laptops, phones on the ground. Crashed cars. They had all simply disappeared.
Children tried to phone the fire department, the police, anything. There were fires all over the place from open flames. The phone lines are dead. Facebook is dead. The internet is down. But they still have power. The nuclear plant still looms over the children on the edge of the desert. As long as the water to cool the reactors continues to flow, they will have power. But they have been cut off from the world.
Welcome to the FAYZ. Fallout Alley Youth Zone. Population: Roughly three hundred to four hundred kids. No one is over the age of fifteen. Because at 15. That's when you disappear. Forever.
In the book, the FAYZ is created by Little Pete. Little Pete is the Nemesis to the Gaiaphage. The Gaiaphage and Little Pete both came on the meteorite that struck the nuclear plant. The Gaiaphage feeds off radiation, and is stuck in a mineshaft below the Earth. Little Pete was trapped inside an autistic child's body.
The Gaiaphage started a nuclear meltdown in the middle of fourth period. Little Pete was taken to the plant that day by his father, as Little Pete's mother was running errands. The meltdown began, and Little Pete's father was unable to override it. Although Little Pete was stuck in an autistic body, he panicked and created a bubble to trap the Gaiaphage inside Perdido Beach so it would die. He accidentally trapped all the children inside, also making the adults disappear.
Throughout the book, the children are sometimes corrupted by the Gaiaphage when they are taken by the Gaiaphage's servants, the mutated coyotes. The coyotes had served the Gaiaphage since it had crashed into the nuclear plant. The children that are corrupted by the radiation eating monster act as messenger, and can made to do things. It is possible to resist the Gaiaphage if someone is strong.
The nuclear plant meltdown was revealed to not have been cleaned up completely. It had been leaked into the food and water supply, affecting the children and mutating their bodies to form super powers. It did not affect the adults, as their DNA was already mutated from exposure to radiation. That was what made them disappear in the first place.
You are a child, ranging from the age of five to fourteen. You're sitting in your fourth period class in school, your preschool, your home. Suddenly your teacher, your parents, older siblings. They all disappear. There's no flash. No light. No pop. They're just there. Then gone.
Kids are confused. They raid the local store. They break into houses. They sit around, playing video games. But something is wrong. In addition to all the adults disappearing, there is an enormous silver wall enclosing them in a small bubble. You can't dig under it. You can't fly over the top. You're trapped.
Food will run out. Kids are going to die unless they're cared for.
Something else is wrong too. Kids are developing powers. Weird mutations. Animals are changing. The sea no longer has waves. Kids can shoot light from their hands, run at insane speeds and levitate houses with the touch of a finger. Something is causing the FAYZ.
What are you going to do?
The roleplay will start in the fourth period class, when the adults disappear.
There are three locations to where your character can be at the start of the roleplay.
1) Perdido Beach - where most of the kids will be. These kids have powers, and are usually considered the goodies.
2) Coates Academy - where all the troubled kids are. These kids have powers too. Coates Academy is where parents send their troubled children to be fixed up. If you are going to be at Coates, you must include why they are there in your character skeleton. Keep in mind some kids are sent by mistake, and can travel to Perdido Beach.
3) Stefano Rey National Park - for everything in between. This is a fairly deserted area. There should be no more than a few characters here. Powers are usually not developed here.
Rules are boring. But we need them to keep order.
1) All RPA rules apply.
2) No godmodding. Strictly.
3) Kid's powers will go in bars. Ranging from one to five. One is a power such as advanced sight. Five is elemental control. Please don't go over five.
4) There will only be one five bar, and that will either be myself or a very responsible roleplayer.
5) There have to be some humans. If all the kids have powers, this will turn into a superhero roleplay. You have to remember these kids are irresponsible and young. And they have superpowers.
6) No multiple powers. I'll try and keep a list.
7) You may not interact with the Gaiaphage unless you have permission from me.
8) Relationships are permitted. Just no sex. Pretty clear.
9) Kids don't suddenly know how to drive a car or use a gun. There are guns in the RP.. but you're not overly good at using them.
By filling out the skeleton, I agree to the rules in the first post.
Character Name: (full name if possible)
Age: (include year)
Birthday: (date of birth for poofing purposes)
Locaton: (Coates, Perdido Beach or Stefano Rey)
Power & bar: (1-4 or human - keep it reasonable)
Appearance: (photos permitted)
Personality: (a few lines about what your character is like)
Bio: (backstory about what happened before the FAYZ)
Other: (anything else you'd like to include)
OTHER IMPORTANT THINGS
SUMMARY (once every week)
LIST OF TAKEN POWERS