Page 1 of 27 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [M]The Rage of the Murderess

1Cor 13:1-8

Mentioned
    125 Post(s)

Default [M]The Rage of the Murderess

Rated Arrgh!! (Mature) for scenes of sexuality, brutal violence, alcohol, drugs, coarse language.

Very Merry Fairy Productions in Association with Nazgul's Yellow Thong proudly present

Treasure. Rumours of it abound. Stories of maps and long forgotten caches of hidden pirate gold. However there is one tale that is more well known than all the others throughout the Caribbean. A legendary Mayan treasure known as The Eye of Kukulcan. What the eye is exactly is unknown. Some tales say it may be some sort of gemstone while others tell of a great golden orb. But no matter the variations from tale to tale, one thing remains constant. All who venture after The Eye are doomed to fall to its curse.

Banner by The Gypsy Queen

The year is 1715. At this point in time, the Dutch are at war with the Spanish, though a cease fire is currently in effect, and the English are at war with the French. The Caribbean has become a prime trading hub and the settlements there thrive despite the constant threat from the pirates which roam the ocean.

You, for whatever reason, are making the crossing from England to Port Royal. You are traveling aboard The Flourish, an English trade galleon captained by David West.

The Characters:

I would ask that the characters are people travelling to the Caribbean. You may be an officer on board The Flourish, but it would not be highly recommended. You may also choose to be a regular member of it's crew. I would also ask that we have no more than 2 stowaways on board the Flourish.

Now while I prefer that you do not start this RP as a pirate, I will accept a couple of characters as pirates in the beginning. No more than four based on the number of characters. If it is your intention to start as a pirate, please PM me your sheet for approval before posting. Approved pirate characters will receive a PM from me with more information about the RP itself. I would like to mention that all characters will receive this information relatively early in the RP. Until such time as this information is revealed in the RP, I ask that you do not discuss it with the non pirate characters.

And now, here is the sheet;

Name:

Age: min 18/max40(I may, based on the sheet, allow one exception to the minimum age rule)

Description: Pictures and/or text descriptions are fine. Illustrations are allowed. Nothing cartoony or pictures of dolls. Please no pics of Johnny Depp or Orlando Bloom. (footnote: Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom are fine, as long it is not as their characters from the POTC movies)

Nationality: Anything European other than French(Pirate characters may choose any nationality)

Position on crew/profession: Pirate characters leave this blank, unless you are going for something minor like cook.

Weapons: Keep it in the period. Remember this takes place in 1715. So no Uzis.

Personality:

Bio: Please include your reason for making the crossing. You may reveal your bio throughout the RP if you choose as I prefer to take the “show don't tell” attitude with characters. If you opt to reveal as you go, please remain consistent with your character.

My Character(see below)

Name: David West(deceased)

Description: https://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/pi..._Norington.jpg

Nationality: English

Weapons: Long sword

Position on Crew: Captain

Personality: An English Soldier. Captain of the Flourish. A military man with a military mind.

Bio: To Be Revealed

The Rules

All normal RPA rules apply.

No Godmodding

No Metagaming.

No controlling or killing another player’s character without permission

Please allow a minimum of two posts before posting again.

Myself and Merry Gentry are god. (but you knew that)

Follow the code of the ship. Failure to do so will result in punishment.

Most importantly, have fun.

About the Period

As I said, this RP takes place in 1715. Now while some parts of this are historically accurate, some has been altered to suit the RP. Let’s face it kids, this is fiction.

Weapons

Edged Weapons: Rapier, Cutlass, Sabre, Long sword, Dagger, Knife. Exotic weapons, IE Katanas may be allowed if it suits the character

Firearms: Flintlock pistols and muskets.

Please note that this is just a basic list of weapons as there are more available.

Spoiler: Pirate vocabulary 

Spoiler: Sailing Terms 

Glossary of Nautical Terms: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nautical_terminology

The Cast
    Pirates
    Merry Gentry as Captain Lyn
    Nazgul as Anyssa Finch
    Mysteria as Alvidia Gustavsson
    Epostle as Shiveris Leviat’in
    The Wulfe as Nigel Bloodsmear

Prisoners/Guests
    Anne Bonny as Sophia Grant
    DarkShadow as Tom Kidd
    Higurashi as Martin Corin
    infernai as Dr. Dante Nemesio Oro Constantino
    Kris as Lillia
    Leonie as Raven
    rubberpie as Lallina Greywater
    StormWolf as Malcolm Blackstock
    Sy23 as Silas Nathaniel Boniface
    TheBarbarian as The Monk
    Tenel Ka as Samuel Lawrence

Deceased / R.I.P.
    Nazgul as David West

Rage of the Murderess IC here

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    every genre
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh no you di'int!

Let me go dig a few treasures up, ye scurvy dogs!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

interested
    Ask me questions, I'm a doctor

Nightcall Developing the future, one night at a time.

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

I WANT!!!

RPA's Grey-Eyed Charmer
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Me too! I gotta be in this!
    My thanks to the wonderful .Karma for my gorgeous sig!!!

Mentioned
    125 Post(s)

Nothing better than waking up to find people interested in the RP. Well, unless it's finding character sheets in the RP

Mythology, history, fantasy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I'm in!

Avatar and signature made by me.

12/14/2012- Never forget

every genre
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Three cheers for copy/pasting from last time! Naz and Merry, if there is anything you'd like to see different, let me know and I'll be happy to edit.

Name: Sophia Grant

Description: Sophia stands at a good five feet, three and a half inches. A peaches and cream complexion is highlighted by shining blue eyes. Her straight, blond hair is fashionably tied up while in public. Speaking of fashion, Sophie's clothing is made up of only the highest quality laces and silks, as she always wants to look her best. (Ok, so the clothing in the pic isn't perfectly matched to the time period, but I think it's close. Good pics are hard to find!)

Nationality: English

Position on crew/profession: Passenger on the ship. Does daughter of a duke count as a profession? She's had to work at keeping up with the higher class social circle.

Weapons: Sophie carries no weapons, but has been fox hunting a few times, and knows how to fire a gun decently. A flint lock pistol would be her weapon of choice.

Personality: Sophia is a girl who knows what she wants, and has always gotten it. At first meeting, one might find her charming, amusing, maybe even sweet if she's really on her game. But living in a world dominated by men, where women are told to be seen and not heard is rather irratating. Sophie is surprisingly good at speaking her mind for someone brought up to be well mannered. And she's also learned that with the right manipulation, maybe a wink here and a smile there, there's little to hold her back.

Bio: Sophia's mother and father are nobles of a small, lesser known, but proud area of England. Like any parents, they wanted the very best for their children, but Sophie, the youngest of four and the only daughter, was showered attention. The girl grew up used to everyone eating out of her little hand, and it's wasn't long at all until she realized that was simply the way things ought to be. She had the best dance and music tutors, she rode the finest horses, and when she was older she attended the best social gatherings.

But recently Sophia's eldest brother has been pushing to take his father's place as duke, and her aging father had little resistance. Instead, he chose to take up the king's request to head a colony in the Caribbean. He and her mother had traveled ahead months before to finish all the little details that came with the move. During that time Sophia frantically tried to find a suitor to secure her position in her beloved home country. But although the men practically lined up at her door, Sophie found great faults with all of them. Before long, her time was up, and her parents sent for her to join them. The girl reluctantly packed her bags and set off with one of the family servants on The Flourish towards Port Royal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

((Ok, i gotta get in on this))

Name: Dr. Dante Nemesio Oro Constantino (Normally just called Doctor Constantino)

Description:
    Spoiler:  

Nationality: Spanish

Position on crew/profession: Passenger/Part-time Ship Doctor.

Weapons: Aside from his mind, Dante does carry a wide variety of toxins and medicines, as well as a small variety of other pieces of equipment he uses for curing patients that could just as easily be turned into weapons, including a small knife he uses for cutting up ingredients. However, he also has taken to carrying a small flintlock pistol on his person just in case and also because his skills in close quarters combat are less then exemplary.

Personality: Arrogant, cynical and incredibly anti-social, Dante is a man who is frustrated by the 'unintelligence' of those around him. Commonly in the habit of talking down to the other people around him, he can often come across as very rude and often has difficulty in using sarcasm due to his mixing up of tones, often making people think he's serious.

The one saving grace of this doctor is his brilliant mind. Responsible for solving of mysterious ailments or diseases detected in his patients, he is a near expert on everything in the medical field and is surprisingly analytical and intelligent, normally able to see details that others may miss. He is also incredibly proud, normally turning away cases that are not 'challenging' or 'interesting'.
    However, if he is the only doctor available or circumstance means he is required to treat a person, he will regularly swallow his pride and do what he can for them. For despite his pride, he isn't cruel and isn't fond of leaving people to die. He also has a dislike of resorting to fighting, especially with melee weaponry or worse his fists. He views such methods of fighting as 'barbaric' and 'dirty', which has lead to his inability to properly fight up close. He does however make some exception to fighting with range weaponry and guns, thinking it much less brutal and even cleaner. As such, he is a rather crack shot with a gun as he has little reservations in fighting with them.

Bio: To be revealed. However, he is currently being allowed passage on the Flourish provided he lends his skills as a doctor to the crew and other passengers for the trip. A condition he is none to pleased about.

Mentioned
    125 Post(s)

Both sheets look fine to me. Just need to wait for my co gm to peruse them.

Page 1 of 27 123 ... LastLast