Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Athens Insane Asylum- [M] OOC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Athens Insane Asylum- [M] OOC

[M] - For well everything-- Just in case

For all of you that don’t know, I go by Cry, or Alpha Female of this thread. You don’t have to join if you don’t like it. So, Lemme lay down the rules. I think you’re going to want to read them all.

Spoiler: Rules, Rules, Rules 

I’m fairly sure that should be it for the rules, and if you don’t read them all, it’ll nip ya later. On with the story, you say? Oh right… Well here’s information first. Much of this information comes from Wikipedia and here. Credit of all this goes to them.

Athens Lunatic Asylum.
    Athens Lunatic Asylum is considered one of the most haunted insane asylums in history. It is located in Athens, Ohio and is best known as a site of the infamous lobotomy procedure, as well as various supposed paranormal sightings. Athens opened in January 9, 1874. Being only 2 years old, it got renamed to ‘The Athens Hospital for the Insane’. Many people started called it many different names such as: the Athens Asylum for the Insane, the Athens State Hospital, the Southeastern Ohio Mental Health Center, the Athens Mental Health Center, the Athens Mental Health and Mental Retardation Center, the Athens Mental Health and Developmental Center.
    Spoiler: Several Different names 

The first patient at the Ridges is believed to have been Thomas Armstrong from Belmont County, followed by Daniel Fremau. Fremau apparently thought he was the second coming of Jesus Christ. The Athens building had 544 patient rooms. When it opened it housed around 200 patients. The more sedate among them participated in recreational activities like boating, painting, dances, and picnics. They were offered church services and plays, and were often free to roam the grounds. Some patients tended the farms and orchards.
    This leaves out any extra cruelties which might have been given without the justification of therapy. Patients were often restrained and were forced to sleep in group bunks in rooms intended for one person. One nurse was sometimes responsible for as many as fifty patients. In these conditions some restricted patients would carve messages on the sandstone windowsills of their rooms, reaching through the ornate bars to leave an anonymous word or sentence. One poignant carving still reads, "I was never crazy."

Spoiler: Treatments 

Spoiler: Lobotomy, Lobotomy, Lobotomy... 

On with the setting and what-not? Alright!

It’s 2012 and Athens is reopened due to the growing population of what society believes to be ‘insane’ people. Although, many of them are. The wards are divided in to different sections and by the amount of nurses caring for them.

Spoiler: Wards 

Each Ward is with 2 nurses to them. Those nurses are specialized for the patients in their ward. Each chose their own wards to work in and they have been trained.
    Spoiler: Ward Nurses, Ward Nurses, Ward Nurses... 

There are 4 hours in the day where all the patients can be together in one area, for social purposes. Patients can go out to court yard. There are game rooms with paddle ball, and other small games. There is a library, filled with limited books donated by the community.

Treatments will still be active, but small ones at tiny proportions for the mass murders and sexual molesters/rapists, such as small doses of shock therapy. Other patients will go through recovery stages and therapy to see if they can rejoin society at some point.

Nurses will be lodged in a separate part of the facility away from the asylum, but close enough for the nurses to access the patients in an emergency. Ward nurses will stay with their assigned partner, everything with be easy access and organized.

Spoiler: Plot, Plot, Plot.... 

Spoiler: IMPORTANT, IMPORTANT, IMPORTANT... 

Spoiler: Patient Skeleton, Patient Skeleton, Patient Skeleton.... 

Spoiler: Nurse Skeleton, Nurse Skeleton, Nurse Skeleton.... 

Spoiler: My Characters :D 

Spoiler: Therapy rooms... 

Spoiler: Patient Rooms... 

Spoiler: Hallways... 

Spoiler: Patient Community Rooms... 

Spoiler: Abandoned Areas... 

Spoiler: Nurse Bedrooms... 

An anti-suicide blanket is a tear-resistant blanket that is used to prevent a hospitalized, incarcerated or otherwise detained individual from forming a noose to commit suicide. The blanket is typically made of simple and sturdily quilted nylon or similarly reinforced material. The stiffness of the blanket makes it impossible to roll or fold without continuously applied pressure. The same material is used for the anti-suicide smock.

All patients will only have one blanket.

An anti-suicide smock, or turtle suit, is a tear-resistant single piece outer garment that is generally used to prevent a hospitalized, incarcerated, or otherwise detained individual from forming a noose with the garment to commit suicide. The smock is typically a simple, sturdily quilted, collarless, sleeveless, gown with adjustable openings at the shoulders and down the front that are closed with nylon hook-and-loop or similar fasteners. The stiffness of the garment makes it impossible to roll or fold the garment without continuously applied pressure while not impeding the mobility of the wearer. The same material is used for the anti-suicide blanket.

Patients that are suicidal will wear this.

All patients will wear medical scrubs. Safe and tear proof.

Transport belts are for added security with higher-risk prisoners are made of leather, chain, nylon and steel components. All patients moving from place to place, Must have one on. No matter what Ward.
    Last edited by Waving; 05-08-2012 at 01:23 AM.

"Everyone in this place is unhappy, and since they're unhappy, they're probably looking for someone worse off than they are."

"You were a happy dream in a life that's been nothing but a hellish nightmare.
    Those days that I spent with you, they were the only good days I have ever known. I cherish them.
    All this time, I've lived in hope of telling you how sorry I am. I fought armies just to have this chance.
    But now... There's nothing I can say that's good enough"

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Psychological, Dark Fantasy.
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Hey, Waving! In accordance with the Mature rules, you need to provide a rating in the title (e.g. [M], [R], etc.) and a reason for the rating posted in the first OOC post (e.g. Rated [M] for potential violence).

And also, if you’re looking for more players, don’t forget to make use of all the features that RPA has to offer. You can submit your game to the Roleplaying Games Directory here and if you post here, you can ask the Staff to advertise your roleplay in their signatures.

Most importantly, make sure to apply for Roleplay of the Week!

RPA's Hedonist
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

How about R for Retar*gets shot*

Expect my CS laterz 2nite, yo

Fantasy, Horror
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Oooh. Asylum. I want in

"Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly."
    Check out my art thread here! | My Tumblr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sounds good. The skeleton is up there, and you PM me your CS when done

"Everyone in this place is unhappy, and since they're unhappy, they're probably looking for someone worse off than they are."

Those days that I spent with you, they were the only good days I have ever known. I cherish them.
    All this time, I've lived in hope of telling you how sorry I am. I fought armies just to have this chance.

Romance, Mystery, Fantasy, Western...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

O.O I love this idea. I hope I can come up with an ideal character for this...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That would be lovely

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Old Gregg's Patient:

Name: Harley Youngblood

Appearance:
    Harley has a very thin, tall, boy-ish appearance. She has short, blonde hair with dark tips and dark brown eyes.

Disorder: Severe Schizophrenia.

Ward: Ward 2

Reason for being at Athens: After being removed from her original home at the age of sixteen when her parents were charged for neglect for the second time and being investigated several times by DCFS and the police, Harley began to show signs that she may have schizophrenia. Her foster parents were content with Harley at first, but were very poor and didn't have enough money to pay for the treatment, therapy, and medicine that she needed to get help with her condition. Harley was passed from family to family who each found that they just couldn't deal with her until she was sent to Athens at the age of eighteen and has been there ever since. To this day, she still has trouble discerning between reality and fantasy, thinking logically, having normal emotional responses, and is a bit socially inept. It just keeps progressing and getting worse. She often sees and hears things that aren't really there and has trouble "functioning in the real world." Harley believes it's mostly because the people that were supposed to be taking care of her just didn't take the time to get her the proper help she needed. She can write very well and keeps a journal. Just when she begins to think nothing's wrong with her...the voices and images come back to her and reminds Harley of just why she ended up there in the first place.

Other:
    She has to take Perphenazine, a psychosis medicine meant to help with her schizophrenia. However, it doesn't really seem to help a lot.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Waving; 05-10-2012 at 10:39 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default PinkBandit's Patient

Name: Seraphim Fate Savior

Appearance:
    Spoiler: Your first impression of her 

Spoiler: The last thing you see in your final moments 

Disorder: Schizophrenia(born with this) and Congenital analgesia(received when struck by lightning. Somehow, because of that, her sensory system/nerves failed to function properly).

Ward: 1. Why? Well, she's a murderer of course!

Reason for being at Athens: Accidentally killed a guy that worked at the place. You know. He was pretty dedicated to his work too, unfortunately. Instead of the police, he called the asylum. Smart guy. Well, he's dead, and Seraphim's trapped in that stupid asylum that could be worse than prison.

Other: She's a genius. Don't underestimate her; one moment she could be that average teenager, and the next, she's the last person you see before you, you know. She was born a psychological prodigy, and so she's got some superiority and inferiority issues as well. She thinks she's superior than those human scum she sees around her everyday, but it can't be helped, seeing that she was the queen of wherever she went. School? Turned it into a warzone. Work? Well, it's a mafia now. Just a bit of manipulation. It's unfortunate that she underestimates her opponents too much, and has to deal with the consequences.

Fantasy, Horror
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Awesome, two bios are up! ;D

"Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly."
    Check out my art thread here! | My Tumblr

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast