Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: (M)The Rage of The Murderess(IC)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A gunshot echoed over the two ships and the bullet ripped through Captain David West skull with a sickening crack. The man’s body, eyes still open in shock, crumpled to the deck of the ship with a hollow thud, bits of brain and bone spread by his pooling blood. There was a loud thud and the attention of the crew was redirected to a woman standing on the rail of the Murderess, holding onto a guide rope.

She was not particularly tall or large but her large man’s overcoat and hat made her appear bigger than she actually was. Her brown hair was braided in several spots and hung loose around her shoulders, and her bare belly was taught with toned muscle. Her young face sported a near maniacal grin as she surveyed the deck of the Flourish.

“ Oops.” She giggled, jumping to the Flourish’s rail and catching herself with another guide rope. “ Killed ‘im, dinnit I?” She hopped onto the deck and strode over to Captain West’s body, still grinning. As she did, Anyssa fell in step behind her, latching on to her arm. After inspecting the body briefly, the woman turned to what was left of the passengers and crew of the Flourish, still grinning. “ Search the man.” She ordered, and her crew clambered to obey her, tearing the clothes from the Captain’s body while his murderer wandered over the deck, inspecting the survivors.

“ Lesee…” she muttered, tugging on Sophia’s dress a bit. “ Too frilly.” She moved on to Laine and appraised him. “ Too low.” She moved on to Mia, cocking her head to the side. “ The hell kinda ship is this, all these dress-wearing landlubbers?” Shaking her head she pointed to Jessica, drawing the survivor’s attention to her. “ See, dat one knows howta dress.” She blinked and marched over to pull Jessica to her feet, still grinning. “ Don’t suppose you’re crew?” she asked, then shoved the girl away. “ Unlikely.” She muttered disdainfully. She spotted what appeared to be a minstrel and suddenly hopped up and down, clapping her hands. “ Ooh, ‘Nessie, lookit that! We got ourselves a musician! We’re gonna be civilized!” Her outburst ended as quickly as it began as she barked to her crew, “ Alvidia, Eve, get ‘im on ta ship and put ‘im the brig. Be careful wit ‘im, girls, musicians is delicate!” The crew of the Murderess jumped to obey.

She turned to inspect Sophia next, pulling the girl to her feet. “ Ooh… pretty one. And dressed to da nines. Be sure ta get her things.” She shoved the girl away and growled looking around the deck.

“ See anything you like, my captain?” Anyssa purred, nuzzling against the woman’s ear. As she did, the woman suddenly pulled away, her grin returning as she lunged for Alex, grabbing the boy by his arm.

“ Yes I do.” She answered, smiling at the young man maliciously.

“ Yes, Bree.” She purred again. Bree McLaughlin rolled her eyes at her lover.

“ Cabin boy, ‘Nessie. Might know where ta map is.” She turned back to the boy. “ Doncha, boy? Part o’ a map da late Cap’n had?” She turned to her crew, keeping an iron grip on the boys arm. “ Kill what’s left of the crew ‘till he talks.” She commanded, turning her psychotic grin back on Alex.

The Queen is back and rocking out.

~RPA's Lady of Peace~
    Upon the whispering winds and in a state of total confusion
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Anything and everything with the exception of horror
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

The tall blonde watched her viridion eyes flickering as the captain of The Murderess put a hole right through the captain standing on the deck of the other ship. Alvidia had served under several captains aboard all different kinds of ships but she had to admit, none of them were even remotely close in personality to Bree McLaughlin.

Alvidia had first met her while she was looking for work. It just so happened that Alvida had been in the right place at the right time and it hadn't taken long for her to be hired on upon The Murderess. Alvidia was multi-functional and could be utilized in many different ways on board the notorious ship.

Alvidia followed Bree onto the other ship and looked on as Bree inspected the crew and passengers of The Flourish. She could tell by the look of amusement on Bree's face that she was enjoying this. Alvidia herself could really have cared less about what was going on around her. Her only concern on the open seas was getting to her next destination even if she herself at times didn't know where exactly that might be. Alvidia had always been the kind to go wherever her heart led her.

When the captains eyes settled upon the minstrel and she said Alvidia, Eve, get ‘im on ta ship and put ‘im the brig. Be careful wit ‘im, girls, musicians is delicate!” Alvidia didn't hesitate to put the tip of her rapier against the musicians back "If'n ye be wise ye should take care 'n do as you're told. That's a good lad now, don't move. I truly don't wish ta be harmin' ye now."

Alvidia turned to the others on board as she withdrew her flintlock with her free hand. "And as ta the rest of ye, I'd suggest someone starts ta talkin' a'fore someone gets themselves killed."

There's nothing more deadly than slow growing fear...
    Spoiler: Mysti's random stuff and shoutouts. 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Scot had done into a frenzy of work, immediately working on the sails and canvas, and of course in giving Alex a friendly jab. The boy stood dumbfounded as Laine shouted out orders, not able to understand a damn thing that man said over his scrambling and the wails of the crew. Captain West's voice seemed to boom over all else, though.

"Cap'n said nothin' about that ship there, but she's running Engish colors 'n we 'ave. to stop 'n help." he shrugged, following Laine to the foremast to help with bringing down the canvas. The Scot looked with reluctance at the ship, his hand resting on the hilt of his blade.

A line of crew members appeared on port, taking standard procedure to hook and bind the Flourish to the ship. Alex scanned the deck of the seemingly derelict ship, zero sign of life showing. The wheel of the ship rocked back and forth hauntingly in the Caribbean breezes.

"Seems a bit ooh, y'know, she's runnin' distress colors 'n no one seems to be on. Might've been hit by pirates or something," he shrugged again, his eyes gazing down to the side of the ship, noticing all the hatches were closed, "real spooky. Cap'n West wouldn't let an English ship go wifout 'elp if it-"

Without warning, the sails of the ship dropped, rocking the Flourish for a moment, causing Alex to lost his balance a bit. Almost immediately after the hatches of the ship opened, and the railings on the deck were filled with gun barrels. The shock of the impact as the cannons fired at such close range, knocking the Flourish off balance and knocking Alex to the ground. Yelling and gun shots shot off as a canopy of smoke drifted over the deck of the Flourish. Cries of pain sounded from all around as the feeling of a warming wetness drifted across his back. The thuds of sailors bodies shook the deck around Alex, some men falling mere feet away from him.

“Do you surrender?” The voice was that of a woman and had an English accent which was a little rough. The passengers and remaining crew on the deck of the Flourish had taken cover. It was obviously a pirate ambush.

"We surrender!" bellowed the Captain, "I only ask that you do not harm the passengers!"

Alex looked up to see a figure walking across a blank linking the two ships. The smoke had watered the boy's eyes and he could only see the curving outline of a feminine body and the flashes of yellow before burying his head back into his folded arms.

“Might I assume that I am addressing Anyssa Finch, fist mate on the Murderess?” said the Captain

“You are indeed Captain West,” the woman quipped as Alex heard the distinct sound of a cutlass being drawn.

“Take whatever you want. Just spare the lives of the passengers and crew.” The Captain spoke calmly.

“There is only one thing I want. You have in your possession a piece of a map. I want it.”

Alex's heart sank as she spoke those words. Captain West and Alex had a strong bond from his year as a cabin boy aboard the Flourish and was under his protection, as his protege. He had shown him before, something about a "very important family heirloom".

“I don’t know what you are talking about.”

There was a moments pause before the woman spoke again.

"Pity."

Immediately another chorus of shots rang out, the same sickening feeling of warmth and the haunting sound of bodies falling. The number was substantially less this time.

Alex looked up for a moment to survey the conversation.

“I can’t give it to you,” David had lowered his voice to a whisper. “You don’t know what it leads to.”

“Oh I have pretty good idea.” Anyssa leered at David. “Give it to me now.”

“No,” David replied sternly.

“You‘re not making this easy you know.” Anyssa said, rage burning in her eyes.

A shot fired, sending a cloud of smoke from the tip and a metal ball into Captain West's skull. Alex's only real father figure left in this world stood for a moment before crumpling on the ground in a bloody mess of gray matter and skull fragments. There was a loud thud and the attention of the crew was redirected to a woman standing on the rail of the Murderess, holding onto a guide rope. Tears sweltered in Alex's eyes as we whispered to himself in a somber sob.

"Cap'n… Laine…" he moaned lowly, burying his eyes into his dust covered sleeves.

“Oops.” She giggled, jumping to the Flourish’s rail and catching herself with another guide rope. “Killed ‘im, dinnit I?” She hopped onto the deck and strode over to Captain West’s body, still grinning. As she did, Anyssa fell in step behind her, latching on to her arm. After inspecting the body briefly, the woman turned to what was left of the passengers and crew of the Flourish, still grinning. “Search the man.” She ordered, and her crew clambered to obey her, tearing the clothes from the Captain’s body while his murderer wandered over the deck, inspecting the survivors.

The maniac jeered with sadistic delight in the inspection of each crew member, a crack at their clothing and appearance, and an insulting comment about the musician.

In a shocking instant Alex was yanked from the floor and onto his knees, staring with a sadistic vigor. He whimpered for a moment, expecting the worst. Soon enough they'd kill him too for being a crew member of the Flourish.

“Cabin boy, ‘Nessie. Might know where ta map is.” She turned back to the boy. “Doncha, boy? Part o’ a map da late Cap’n had?” She turned to her crew, keeping an iron grip on the boys arm. “Kill what’s left of the crew ‘till he talks.” She commanded, turning her psychotic grin back on Alex.

Immediately Alex lunged and grabbed on the woman's sleeve, pulling her down a bit towards his level.

"No!" he cried out, his heart pounding and his voice cracking, "No… I know what you want, and I know where it is. Please, just don't kill anyone else."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As the ship was pulled forward one thing ran through Jessica's mind. "Something isn't right here." She started to remember the tales from her uncle, they way they would trick ships into pulling them in. Then they would wait until the ships where close and jump aboard. It was just like his stories. Jess tried to shout, but her voice was horse with excitement and fear.

"Pirates." She barely managed to squeeze out. But it was to late. Her voice was drown out by the sound of cannon fire. Then the shots came. Two bodies hit the floor. Headless corps where all that remained. 'Wait. No. Not yet. I have to talk to them. I have to see them before I die.'

“Do you surrender?” The voice sounding like a heavenly wind. So she wouldn't die just yet. If she got the chance to speak with the captain of the ship, maybe her uncles name would get her safe passage to Port Royal. Jess could only hope.

The captain's quick surrender didn't surprise her. He was good man, a kind man. And men like that didn't live long if they didn't roll over. The woman who accepted his surrendered apparently was the second in command. A plus where she stood from. But hearing the name Murderess stunned her. Not many women became the captains of ships. Even her uncle informed her of that.

As the other pirates bored, Jess only became more relaxed. Lot's of women on board. It could mean they will be more likely to accept her. And they where rather attractive too. 'Bad thoughts. Stay focused.' Jessica had to make sure the captain heard her plea before one of the others got antsy and started killing. She lowered her self so to be clear of any random shots.

Then it happened. A shot pierced the captain's head. His refusal to listen caused his death. He should have just rolled over. When the Pirate captain boarded the ship, Jess instantly knew she was the one in charge. She exuded power and control. A woman Jess had instant respect for. Surly she would a woman who could be bargained with.

Jessica was still to stunned to think when the pirate captain lifted her off the ground. "Don’t suppose you’re crew?” She couldn't respond. 'Come one say something. At least say no. Damn it she will kill you.' "Unlikely.” And the pirate continued down the line. 'Damn you coward. Say something. You will do this or your father was right.'

When the pirate captain grabbed the cabin boy, Jess' resolve started to return. Striking one of the pirates in the back of the neck, she grabbed his sword and placed it to his neck. Then she pulled out her hidden pistol and aimed it at the captain. "I am the niece of the pirate David Rasputin Speer! I seek and audience with you captain so I can discus my terms of parlay!" She tried to control her breathing as she watched for a response. She hoped to god that she said everything right.

Hand still locked in a vice grip on Alex's arm, Bree wheeled and blinked at Jess.

"You? Da niece of Speer? I'll be a tuppence whore if'n I believe a scrawny shit like you ever had a relation to a pirate of tha' renown."

Jess almost froze, her finger still tight on the trigger. The woman had heard of her uncle. A stroke of luck. But a short lived one if she couldn't convene her that she was his kin.

"You said something about a map, right? I know where you can find one with a rare treasure. But only if you take me aboard. This information was given to me by me uncle. And I assume you have heard the rumors of the things he found."

Cocking her head slightly, Bree shoved the boy into Anyssa's arms before approaching Jess, her grin spreading across her face.

"Ya talk big, little lass. I know what your uncle found. Heard ta tales all me life. But why in ta name Davy Jones would I believe you."

It was time for her to go all in. If the captain didn't believe her, she was dead anyway. Jess dropped the blade and her pistol. "Because if I am lying, you can kill me whenever you want."

Bree grinned as wide as she could, giggling a bit.

"How intriguing. 'Nessie? Keep your pistol on dat one. I want her."

Jess let out a sigh of relief. She knew Pirates to have more intelligence than to go against the captain. And as long as she stayed in her good graces, she would be safe. But Murderess seemed so odd to say. She needed to know how to refer to her. "What shall I call you captain?"

"Captain, damn it. Or Bree. That too." Jess nodded and smiled. Her dream of being a pirate was finally coming true.

(coop with Gypsy)

Queen of Awesome
    Horror, Fantasy, Love
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)

Margaret was still in a bit of shock at the events that seemed to happen so quickly on the deck of the ship. One minute she was squinting in the sunshine, the next minute gunshots and people rushing about, and blood. Alot of blood. Crew members shot and laying on the deck, while pirates, real pirates took over the ship. It was bad enough watching the crew members die, but the captain. She could barely control a shriek of horror when the man's head exploded and he crumpled to the floor. Holding her hand to her mouth to stifle the scream that was threatening to escape, biting hard on her gloved finger, the pain distracting her briefly from the events unfolding in front of her.

Her fear moving toward utter amazement at seeing the new captain take over, it was a woman. A woman? she must be truly evil for these people to listen to her so raptly. Look how quickly they were jumping to her orders. Look how easily she killed. Margaret had never imagined a woman would act like this, and be a pirate. Having never seen a woman in such position of power, it was quite astounding. She had heard of pirates, but had never dreamed that they were women. She couldn't take her eyes off the captain, and then the captains, friend? as well.

She tried not to cringe in fear as the captain and the rest walked down the line, poking, prodding, inspecting the prisoners, for that is what they were now. Willing her with every thought, not to notice Margaret, and then breathing and almost audible sigh of relief at not being singled out from the rest. She didn't want to end up on the deck, covered in hers or anyone elses blood. She listened intently as the girl Jess struck a bargain with the pirates. She was a pirate too! Or at least related to one. It seemed as if they were going to accept her as one of them. She wondered what would happen to the rest of them. She wondered what it would be like to be a pirate.
    Spoiler: Looking for a Roleplay? Just click it! 

Help us Help you! Vote for RPA -Daily!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

At the guns Eve was. Not the best of her talents, but the best she would be on a ship. When Captain McLaughlin said there's game coming soon, Eve loved nothing more. Adventure was her calling. She wanted nothing more then to use her guns or saber.

"Oye! Ye bilge rats best be movin' yer arses 'fore we rain death upon them civilized dogs!" Eve yelled to the men and women loading the big guns below the deck. "The Cap'n say we're only few leagues away 'fore we hit them bloody still. Course we do them one shot, for somethin' we need lay on dat ship. Aim for the crew less then wood! We don't be wantin' ta send it early ta Davy Jones, savvy?"

A chorus of cheers echoed in Eve's ears. A devious smirk formed on her face. The ship would appear an English ship in need of help. Our Cap'n be better then any ol' scurvy man could try to be, Eve thought. So with a final laugh, she patiently waited for the orders to fire.

"Fire the cannons!" Just on cue.

"Ye heard em'! Fire the god damn cannons!"

The gun ports flew open as the cannons were aimed and fired. Eve had become accustomed to the loud noise and grinned at the sight. With that step done, she went up to join Captain McLaughlin with boarding the Flourish.

On board the ship Eve glanced at all the people. Shocked faces along with emotionless. Petty fools, Eve smiled at them since their fates rested on her captain. Alvidia was walking along side Eve behind the first mate Anyssa Finch.

Once Alvidia had secured the minstrel at saber point and had told the remainder of the crew and passengers aboard The Flourish to speak up or risk getting themselves killed she heard Eve speaking beside her.

"Aven't had so much fun en a long time, aye?" Eve asked Alvidia. The first mate had already begun negotiating with the Captain of the Flourish. "Fancy these dogs got some fancy food 'ere?"

Alvidia eyed the slightly younger but taller Scottish girl with regard. She had spunk she'd give her that. "Aye Eve, I cannae' say I've had this kind of fun in awhile." Alvidia said the words with a slight roll of her eyes. Alvidia had boarded enough of ships in her days on the seas to take them over that it had become all the same to her. Once you'd done it a few times, it seemed to lose some of it's luster but seeing the spark in the younger girls eyes had reminded her of the first few times she herself had done it.

"Fancy this dogs got some fancy food 'ere?"
    The thought of good decent food being on board this ship hadn't even crossed Alvidia's mind until Eve brought it up. "Aye now Eve, that thar' could jes' be. We all might have a decent bite o' food out of this if'n we get lucky 'nuff."

Alvidia kept her saber close to the minstrels back and with a wink to Eve she laughed "An if'n we gets lucky, me'be we might ev'n 'ave some music wit' our dinner eh?"

Eve grinned at Alvidia. "Aye dat be true," She agreed. "'Aven't heard any sort of shanty en years." Eve brought out the saber Drake's Fang her most valuable possession and brought it to Rorin's neck. Eve's face came inches from his as she smirked. "Dontcha s'pose ye best be movin's yer lazy arse then, musician, 'fore I slice ye a new chord?"

With that, Eve kicked Rorin to the Murderess.

Alvidia watched, sightly amused as Eve moved Rorin back towards The Murderess, her flintlock still trained on the passengers and crew of The Flourish as they did so. The lass was feisty, Alvidia liked that. As they walked Alvida couldn't help but chime in as they walked the minstrel towards the brig "Aye laddie, if I were you I wouldnae' move to quickly. I'd hate ta see m'friends hand thar slippin' crossed that fine neck a'yours. I kinda 'ave taken a shine ta the idea of hearin' a bit a music aboard this 'ere ship an' I dunnae like ta think of that pretty lil' throat of yers bein slit."

Upon reaching the brig Alvidia opened the door so that Eve could secure the prisoner inside. He looked harmless enough but Alvidia knew full well that things were not always as they appeared.

Eve shoved the minstrel in, none to kindly either, and went to give him a final word. "Yer luck is nigh less ye do as the Cap'n says. If ye don't comply, I'll make sure s'mthin' valuable of yers is cut off." She aimed her sword at Rorin's crotch. "Aye, Laddie?"

Eve stepped out of the cell and locked it. Alvidia was watching her the entire time. "We best get to the Cap'n for our next orders," Eve said. "Wouldn't mind ta 'elp scavenge dat ship."

Alvidia grinned a mischievous grin although she was damned serious when she said it "Aye we dinnae wanna be angerin' the capt'n and if'n the seas be blessin' us thar might jes' be some good grub on that ship yet to boot."

Nodding to Alvidia, the two then marched up to the deck and crossed over the plank leading to the Flourish. Eve then came up behind the captain and first mate and said, "Musician be stowed en the brig, Cap'n. What else ye need of me?"

[Co-Op with Mysteria]
    Last edited by Yoruyonaka; 03-06-2010 at 07:03 AM.
    Spoiler:  

Security of Mem

Rorin continued staying in his position. As other panicked and wondered what was going on. They all seemed to curious and to frightened to no any better. Rorin on the other hand didn't care. Maybe he forced himself to not care. Maybe he was forcing himself to feel no inch of curiosity simply because he didn't want anyone of his family finding him. Of course he had heard people speaking of English flags. So that wasn't the most plausible and likely situation, however he remained sitting.

Till it seemed through all the glaze of panic was another danger. And not one from the clouds or the sea itself. But one of people. Pirates. So pirates had tricked them into stopping and now were to steal all the plunder. Rorin smiled at his joke. An inner joke that he'd never share. He knew speaking or running wouldn't be of any good or any of use. So he simply waited. He watched as the hooligans waved around their weapons. To show off their false bravado. They were females.

It wasn't that he was looking down on them. However, they hadn't yet the truth of confidence. In reality it was more the truth in bandit mentality and some bits of insanity here and there. Rorin hadn't made much mark to pay attention to any of the conversations between the pirates. And he hadn't made much chance to watch a death of a captain. Just like those flaunting false bravado they spoke with their weapons before they put any real thought to the consequences. He stared at the dead captain with a particular look. It wasn't really that he cared. He was just man. Who was to die later or in this case sooner. People died.

He watched as they began to bother and harass others. Looking for the only items of their needs and they put less thought into their actions. Rorin didn't like law breakers. Not because it was illegal because none of them thought properly. However, Rorin felt himself getting to deep and personal in this. And so he set his eyes back on the floorboards of the flourish.

None of this was his concern not yet anyway. He sat calmly and quietly. He made no mention to run his fingers along the guitar. In hopes that they wouldn't bother to notice him or even to see him in that fact of the matter. However they met contact with his presence. And began a conversation as he heard them.

“ Ooh, ‘Nessie, lookit that! We got ourselves a musician! We’re gonna be civilized!” Her outburst ended as quickly as it began as she barked to her crew, “ Alvidia, Eve, get ‘im on ta ship and put ‘im the brig. Be careful wit ‘im, girls, musicians is delicate!

"An if'n we gets lucky, me'be we might ev'n 'ave some music wit' our dinner eh?"

One of the woman forced herself close to him. With a dagger her assumed was her own of finest. He stared into her eyes not very nerved by a false attempt to scare him, "Dontcha s'pose ye best be movin's yer lazy arse then, musician, 'fore I slice ye a new chord?"

The woman kicked him onto the other ship.

"Yer luck is nigh less ye do as the Cap'n says. If ye don't comply, I'll make sure s'mthin' valuable of yers is cut off." She aimed her sword at Rorin's crotch. "Aye, Laddie?"

Rorin gave her an eye, ""I see at least you have good taste in music. Do treat me well, musicians are delicate folks. And without that I'm not sure how I'd produce any sound."

And with that said he was now onto the other deck. With some of the other passengers. Victims and captures of shrieking harpies.
    Forced on their knees like begging and worshiping to gods of man. To him they were mere shrieking sirens. After a few shorts more outburst of shrieking harpies he'd began to tune them out. Like he was able instead he stared at the new ships floorboards. Darkened wood. There was a somewhat beauty of the beat and scuffed boards. He heard the sirens shrieking again. He could almost imagine them waving and flaunting their weapons around. Like those were the only assets they had. In reality he realized this wasn't become they were female. In reality his view was more that men were the greedy type who knew nothing of morals and value. They were the bad guys. And woman were the ones who realized good and wrong. They were suppose to be the good guys. He'd just have to get use to his ideals changing quite fast.

every genre
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

(Co post with Naz and Gyps helped too!)

“Everybody hang on to something!” the captain of the Flourish shouted.

But instead of reaching for an anchor to hold onto, Sophia's hands moved to her hips. "What nerve this man has! He called us up here to work! I can't believe it. It's not my fault he lost some men in the storm. It's not my fault he's short-handed! I'm not helping any wounded passengers from that other ship. We could get sick! And I'm not - ooof!"

As the Flourish's hooks dug into the mysterious ship's railings, it slowed drastically, knocking Sophia onto her backside in the middle of her rant. The incident was a blessing, however, for before she knew what was happening, gunfire exploded all around. The girl was low enough to be safe from the flying bullets, but her servant wasn't so lucky. The older man caught a shot straight through his skull. In a glorious shower of blood and gore, Charles sagged to the deck.

Sophie let out a scream and pushed herself away from the corpse. To her horror, blood had splattered onto her pale dress and shoes. She watched the scene before her slowly unfold with a kind of detached disbelief. Women (Pirates!) were invading their ship. The captain was killed, the majority of the crew was quick to follow. What would she do? Who would look after her now that Charles was dead? Certainly the aging man couldn't have driven the villains away, but he would have protected her.

Another woman, the pirate captain it was revealed, grabbed Sophia by the arm and yanked her to her feet. "Ooh… pretty one. And dressed to da nines. Be sure ta get her things."

The enemy pushed her away, but something prickled in the back of Sophie's mind. Her things? Her things? The only things that she had left of England, of her life of riches? She wasn't about to just let them go without a fight. But here was the minstrel being lead away, here was the cabin boy surrendering without batting an eye. And here was another woman, one of the Flourish's passengers, joining the other crew! It was unbelievable to say the least.

Sophia pushed a strand of hair that had come loose behind her ear and drew herself up to her full height. "Now just a minute!" she said sternly, trying her best to keep the quiver out of her voice. "Although our captain may be dead this is still our ship. And we're not going to give up so easily and let you take whatever you want!"

She nodded to the cabin boy. "Be strong Alex! They think they can just wave their guns around and play bully with us?

"You're not touching my things," Sophie continued, glaring from one pirate to the next.

“Oh and what have we here?” Anyssa’s voice took on a cockney accent as she pushed Alex into the arms of another crew member. “And why should we be listening to you, eh lass?” Anyssa glared at Sophia and smiled evilly, stepping closer.

Sophie met her glare head on, and though she trembled inside, she forced a sneer onto her lips. "Because I am a lady of some importance. Although I couldn't expect a harlot of the sea to know that, could I?"

"Oh ye a dead bitch," Bree smiled and started laughing as Anyssa lunged at Sophia and pinned her to the mast.

"I'll show ye a harlot!!!" Anyssa screamed the words and brought up he pistol. "You bitch!!” She slammed the butt of the gun into the side of Sophia’s head. “What did ye say to me?!?!"

Her head felt as if it had exploded in pain. Her knees went weak and her vision blurred, but for a socialite who had never had so much as a blister, she fought hard against the tears that welled up in her eyes. "I think you heard me the first time," Sophia panted. "But if I'm wrong, by all means, say so."

She winced, each movement sending a throbbing pain up to her head. The realization was setting in that even with all the insults in the world, the fact remained that the pirates had might on their side. "Even if you got the scrap of paper you're looking for," she finally gasped, "you've killed nearly our entire crew. Save the traitor there," her eyes flickered toward Jess, "what will you do with the rest of us?"

“If ye don’t watch that tongue little miss,” Anyssa shoved the pistol into her belt and pulled her dagger. Bringing it up Sophia’s cheek, she placed the blade against her skin. “I will cut it from your head.” Anyssa oppressed the blade a little harder. “Methinks ye might look better if I cut that pretty face.” Anyssa giggled “And that is no mere scrap of paper and it‘s worth a fair bit more n you.”

Pride and anger aside, winning a battle of words was not worth living with a hideous scar for all of her life. Anyssa was mad beyond reason, Sophie was sure of it. But she shut her mouth quickly and turned her blue eyes toward the deck. "As you wish," she managed to spit out, "just get that blade away from me."

"You best be doing what I tell ye,“ Anyssa sheathed the knife and grabbed Sophia by the hair. Pulling hard she forced her to the ground, pushing her face against the deck. “You're gonna be fun to break.” Anyssa hissed the words and smiled, the Cockney fading from her accent.

Absolutely insane, Sophie thought. Her head was killing her, and with with the pirate's hand pushing her into the deck, she was beginning to see stars. "We'll see," was all she could manage to whisper.

“I’m sorry," Anyssa pulled up Sophia’s head and then slammed it back down into the deck. “What was that?”

"Stop!" Sophie cried, doing her best to curl into a ball beneath the pirate. "Alright, just... stop! What do you want from me?!"

"Good doggy," Anyssa leaned in close and purrred the words into Sophia's ear. "What's your name your highness?"

Although she bristled inwardly, Sophie complied. "Lady Sophia Grant," she whimpered, angry tears sliding down her cheeks.

Ohh, look boys, we got a lady!” Anyssa looked up at her crew and they laughed uproariously. “I think I will call you doggy. I always wanted a doggy.” Annysa pushed Sophia’s head hard and stood up. “Lick my boot doggy.” Anyssa placed one boot on Sophia’s head and pushed against her face, the crew continuing to laugh.

If Sophie's face could have gotten any redder after the abuse she had just been through, the laughter would have done it. Still, it was the same shame that spurred her into action. She drew herself onto her hands and knees before the first mate as if ready to comply, but suddenly sprung up against the woman and made a grab for her pistol.

"Being a captive is one thing," Sophia said as she leveled the weapon at Anyssa, "but I'm nobody's dog. Man, woman, or otherwise. I'll cooperate from here out, but you will stay away from me."

“You’ve got spirit doggy,” Anyssa sneered. “I like that. But surely you can’t be serious. Go ahead, shoot me. You’ll be dead before my body hit’s the deck. You will do what you are told or you will be goin to see Davy Jones, savvy? Now hand me the pistol.” Anyssa reached out her hand.

For several long seconds, Sophie weighed her options, but she kept coming back to the same conclusion: the pirate was right. It was better to be alive and be a prisoner, wasn't it? She pushed a hand through her tangled hair and relinquished the pistol with a sigh.

"To be frank, I'm surprised you haven't done away with me already," Sophia said.

“Who says I’m still not going to?” Anyssa levelled the gun at Sophia’s head and smiled malevolently. “Now are you goin to be a good doggy. Or shall I put you down?”

Her mind racing, Sophia frowned at the woman in front of her, at her terrible predicament. Stuck between a rock and a hard place, between humiliation and certain death. "Well you made a deal with Jessica, why not with me?" she thought aloud. "I won't fight you, and you won't treat me like dirt. I could be useful, maybe." A smile curled at the corners of her lips as she spoke. "I don't back away from an opponent and I am well versed in the art of negotiation, which believe it or not can be useful from time to time. Better to have more weapons than just guns and swords, hm?"

Anyssa strode forward and jammed the gun into Sophia’s stomach. With her free hand, Anyssa grabbed a hold of Sophia’s throat.

“You will do as you are told,” Anyssa leaned in and whispered into Sophia’s ear. The words purred from her lips. “As of right now your station in life means nothing. And do not assume that because I am a pirate, that there is naught in my head. You will respect me and my Captain. And if you do, maybe you will receive the same in return. I doubt you will get such an offer from the sharks."

It was all Sophia could do to keep from buckling over. At this point, she was sure she would do nearly anything to stop the pirate from hitting her again. Instead, she closed her eyes against pain and nodded.

"Say it," Anyssa whispered. "Say you're a good doggy."

Sophie groaned, but she was left with little choice. "I'll be good, I promise."

"Say it!" Anyssa snapped the words and pulled back the hammer on the pistol. "Say it or I will shoot you in the stomach and leave you here to bleed to death. Say you're a good doggy."

Sophia wished she hadn't have given the gun back. At least then she would have taken the first mate with her when she died. Perhaps time would give her another chance. "Fine," she said through gritted teeth. "I'll be a good doggy. For you, I will be."

Remember the Pulse

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Laine's feelings didn't falter, he still felt uneasy about the whole operation, but as an English vessel they had to do it. He listened to the boys response, and watched him fall as the ships connected. Years of sailing experience, Laine was able to keep his balance, only stumbling slightly.

The ship was dead. He wasn't sure what to make of it, his grip on his sword tightened. Pirates sprang from the barrels, and a call for surrender came from a female voice. His arm tightened, ready to spring to action at his captain's word. But the captain complied, he could expect nothing less from him, with the passengers to think about and all. He pulled his sword from his belt and put it on the ground as pirates surrounded the crew and passengers, one took up his sword.

Laine watched all the action take place. He watched his captain die, he watched Alex, tremble in fear. He was just a boy, this was all new to him. He watched one girl request a council. Hatred began to boil in his insides towards her. Miserable selfish daughter of a pirate. What he saw next is what put him into action.

Lady Sophie, though a pain in the arse she was, was being treated like a dog. Even princess, his secret name for her only Alex understood, didn't deserve such treatment.

"Alex, shut yer mouth boyo, don' tell them anythin', it will just get us all killed faster. An you over there, jus' comply an maybe we can make it out o' 'ere alive, Miss Grant." Laine needed some time, he had seen all his friends and his captain die right in front of his eyes, he didn't know what to do, he had to do something though. "Captain, I would like to respectfully request a council with you as well. My name is Laine McAllister, jus' leave Alex out of this."

1Cor 13:1-8

Mentioned
    125 Post(s)

Anyssa was grinning from ear to ear. This was the most fun she had had in some time. The fact of the matter was, she hated the nobility. She had her past dealings with noblemen and she hated them all. Nothing but a bunch of pompous hypocritical asses in her mind. Even when she used to lay with men for money, she found that the nobility which came to see her were often rude, as well as violent. They felt they were better than herm just because they had standing in society. But even with all that they had, they still needed to pay for pleasure. It felt good to knock Sophia down a peg. And judging by the smile on her Captain’s face, Bree was enjoying it too.

It was then that Laine spoke up, telling Alex to be quiet and trying to reassure Sophia. Anyssa walked over to Bree and pressed her body against her Captain. Anyssa’s smile expression changed to one of lust, and she bit playfully at Bree’s lips.

“Perhaps I could gift wrap this one for you,” Anyssa motioned at Jess. “She is quite pretty and would look good on you.” Anyssa glared into Bree’s eyes before leaning in and whispering into her ear, so that only she could hear. “And what of the Scot my love? He may have skills we could put to use.” Anyssa squirmed slightly against Bree and moaned a little, her tongue flicking against Bree’s ear. Anyssa did have to fight the urge she was having at this moment. The urge to take Bree right here and now. She had to remind herself that there was a time and a place for everything, and pleasures of the flesh would have to wait until later. Though she knew Bree wouldn’t mind the attention Anyssa was giving her now.

Bree had long forgotten about Jess, but the reminder lit a fuse behind her mad eyes. She smiled at Alvidia and Eve, who had returned.

" 'Ello, lovies, take that one to the brig as well." she pointed to Jess. " And don' be too hard... or too gentle..." her maniacal grin turned back to Laine as she detangled herself from her lusty first mate. She grabbed Alex again, throwing him forward to the deck between herself and the Scot.

" What, old dog? The boy? Ye want 'im? I thought only Greeks were boy lovers... Absence of ta sheep got to ye?"

Gaining momentum, Bree kicked Sophia in the gut, forcing the girl to roll next to Alex. " Or, maybe it's ta girl you want, eh? Perverse old dog."

“Perhaps too much time wearing a dress has turned the Scot into a woman my love,” Anyssa giggled and walked up behind Bree, placing her hands on the Captain’s hips. “I think he fancies the boy. From the look of him, I don’t think he would know what to do with a woman.”

" Oh aye, my clever girl. Mayhap you're right." Bree suddenly strode away from Anyssa, pulling her flintlock from her belt. Moving quickly, she grabbed Laine's shoulder to hold him in place and levelled the muzzle of the pistol against his groin.

" Move an' I make ye useless to a woman or to a boy." she advised with a smile. " Now, cabin boy, speak up 'afore ye lose your lover or father or whatever the dog is. I want ta map. And I'll start killing folks 'till I get it."

Anyssa walked over to Alex, still laying on the deck and smiled wickedly at him.

“Ye would do well to do what ta Cap’n asks,” Anyssa raised her voice and her cockney accent showed through again. “It would be a shame if we had ta turn your lover into a eunuch. Oooh Cap’n , perhaps we should cut it off and feed it ta my doggy.” Anyssa glared at Sophia.

" Patience, 'Nessie... the old Scot called council." Bree grinned. " Speak your piece, dog."

“Aye laddie,” Anyssa glared at Laine, mocking him with a Scottish accent. “Or is ye haggis to small that yae cannot find tae words.” Anyssa giggled and turned her head, taking notice of Margaret.

“And what of that one Cap’n,” Anyssa motioned at Margaret. “She be good at holding her tongue, mayhaps I can find a use for it.”

Bree kept her gun on the Scot's groin, still grinning.

" Take ta lot of them on ta Murderess. This boat is done and crippled. Leave it to rot." She nudged the Scot towards her own ship. " Best move nice an' slow now... I got a twitchy trigger finger."

The crewmen standing behind the prisoners, jerked them to their feet and started pushing them towards the Murderess. Anyssa turned to one of the crewmen and smiled.

“Leave the boy,” Her voice purred, the Cockney accent gone again. “Bring some men on board and loot the ship. Kegs and shot are your first priority. And take as much booty as we can carry. I want the hold bursting with swag. Oh and get the doggy a bucket and a scrub brush. Let‘s see her scrub the deck in her finery” Looking over at Bree, she blew her a kiss.

“Aye Mistress,” the crewman shouted and more men came aboard and made their way into the cargo hold of the Flourish. Anyssa drew her knife and knelt down beside Alex.

“I am only going to ask you this once,” Anyssa smiled and placed the knife at Alex’s throat. “Where is the map?”

"The map…" Alex swallowed, gaining composure when he spoke, "is in the Cap'n's quarters. Under 'is bed, in a small lit el chest. Its got a small lock on it it does, but nothin' ya can't pry open," he finished, nodding towards the bow.

“But I’m guessing you know where the key is,” Anyssa continued to smile and lifted Alex’s head with the knife. “Or shall I assume you have no further use to me?”

"Yeh, I do," he smiled, looking into Anyssa's eyes, "Jus' figured you'd want to pry the thing open. Seems more your way."

“You would be wise to mind your tongue pup,” Anyssa’s smile started to fade. “Now lead me to that chest.” Anyssa grabbed Alex by the collar and dragged him to his feet. Drawing her pistol, she held it on him and leaned in to whisper in his ear. “And please don’t try anything funny. Just give me that map and I give you my word that your life will be spared. And if you are familiar with the stories of me, you will know that I do not go back on my word.”

Alex's expression turned blank again as he slowly stood, walking in pace with Anyssa towards the bow of the ship, and up a small flight of steps towards the overlooking Captain's quarters. Inside wasn't the usual neat and orderly possessions of Captain West, but the unkempt possessions of Sophia Grant strewn about the room. He stepped towards the bed and kneeled, reaching between the wooden frame and producing a small iron key. He then disappeared half-way under the ed for a moment, dragging out a small wooden box with ornate steel framing. He dropped both items onto the bed and unlocked the box, opening it up to reveal a few small possessions. The boy pulled up a tangled pocket compass case and tossed it at Anyssa.

"There y'are. In there's the map'r what ever ya wanted," he said, shutting the box once more. Rolling next to the box was a small, shiny hairpin. Alex placed the small object into his pocket slyly, not gaining the attention of the wretched woman.

Anyssa opened the compass case and pulled out the map. Unfolding it, she examined it and smiled. It was indeed this map they sought, at least a portion of it. The map had been split into four parts and right now they didn’t know where the other tree pieces were. Still, they were one step closer to their goal. And if what Jess ahd said was true, they may have a lead to the next piece.

“Very good lad,” Anyssa smiled and placed the map inside her corset. “You’ve done well. I think a reward may be in order for you. How would you feel about taking orders from pirates?” Anyssa stared directly into his eyes. So far he appeared to be the smartest of the prisoners. And by giving her the map, he truly showed that his loyalties did not lie with his now deceased Captain.

Alex placed his hands on the sides of the box, staring at the ornate cover. "Property of Captain David West" was etched into the brass plate on the top. He ran his hand slowly over the letters in contemplation.

"Ye don't know why I'm on this ship, ya surely won't know why I'd 'ave no other choice but to join up 'n get used to it," he said, turning to look at the woman, "we've got a lot to discuss."

“Then gather up that chest and fill it with booty, and we shall go see the Captain” Anyssa smiled while the words purred form her lips. This one, she thought, might prove very useful.

(co-op with Gypsy and Stream)
    Last edited by John; 03-07-2010 at 06:00 AM. Reason: missed the first part of the post

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast