Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: (M)The Rage of The Murderess(IC)

Queen of Awesome
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Horror, Fantasy, Love
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)

After the events of what had happened with the Captain, Margaret thought she was prepared for just about anything. That is, until the little showdown with the Lady Sophie and the one called Anyssa. She found she couldn't watch when poor Miss Sophie was pushed to the deck, treated as she was. She was certain that this would be the end of her life. Surely she would be killed as the others had been. There had already been so much blood, she knew if she witnessed this lady's head blown off, it would push her into hysterics. It was one thing to kill an armed man, or the Captain of the Ship, but a defenseless woman? Peeking through slitted eyelids, preparing to snap them shut immediately at the sight of blood, only to be surprised when Miss Sophie wasn't killed. She could hear them taunting her, and teasing her. Her eyes quickly snapping open hearing Sophie talking back to them, no, not talk back, fight back! Had she lost her mind? For surely these people were not to be trifled with. Didn't she believe that these pirates were capable of just killing her outright? They seemed to just enjoy roughing her up a bit. Once Sophie stopped trying to fight, they lost some of the interest in bullying her. Interesting. For some reason though, Margaret didn't think it would just end there. She felt as though Sophie had just stirred up a very large, very angry bees nest. That was never a good thing to do.

As the Pirates moved on toward another member of the ship, Margaret slowly slipped sideways, moving toward Sophie, wanting desperately to help the other lady up after she was brutally kicked across the deck. She could see that she was in serious pain, curled in a ball. It pulled at her heart to see her laid out like that. Treated as an animal, worse. Keeping a watchful eye toward anyone that might notice, she moved a little closer. Waiting until the Captain and Anyssa were talking again and appearing to ignore them, she had just one more step to go and she was within reach. Thinking she had gone unnoticed, until she heard Anyssa giggle and say "She be good at holding her tongue, mayhaps I can find a use for it" the color draining from her face as she realized she was talking about her. Her eyes locked briefly on the pirates and she looked quickly away. What could she mean by that?

Visibly shaken, but refusing to just collapse in fear on the deck she ignored the pirates comments as she crouched down and gently helped the other woman to stand up. Letting her lean on her till she appeared to have caught her breath again. She gave her a weak smile. Trying to tell her that it would be ok. Not to worry, but knowing that that was as far from the truth as she could be. She continued to help Sophie as they were herded with the rest of the passengers and remaining crew onto the pirate ship and off the Flourish for good.
    Spoiler: Looking for a Roleplay? Just click it! 

Help us Help you! Vote for RPA -Daily!

Security of Mem

Alvidia spied the minstrels’ guitar leaning against the mast and had just picked it up when she heard the captains order “‘Ello, lovies, take that one to the brig as well." she pointed to Jess. “And don' be too hard... or too gentle..." No sooner were the words spoken than Alvidias flintlock was pressed into Jesses backside. “You ‘eard the Capt’n now be a good lil’ lass an’ move it.” Alvidia kept the pistol trained on Jess’s back as they made their way to the brig.

When she reached the bars of the cell, Jess started to breath rapidly. The cell was rather large compared to a single person cell, but the idea of being confined brought back terrible memories. She couldn't help herself from gripping one of the bars. It wasn't like Jess to freak out like this, but everyone had a weakness.

"No. We made a deal. Please no. Don't put me in here." She turned to Alvidia, still griping the bar. Her eyes wide in terror. "I'll do anything you want, just don't put me in there. Isn't there anything I can do?"

Alvidia felt a brief moment of compassion for the blue eyed red head before replying to her. “The Capt’ns orders needs ta be obeyed. Ye be to valuable ta be letting ya roam the ship. This is fer safe keepin’ and me’be later the Capt’n will let you out.” Alvidias voice softened slightly then “Don’t worry, I’ll see to it that you are taken good care of.”

Before unlocking the door Alvidia spoke to Rorin “You there minstrel move ta the back of the cell an’ don’t try anythin’ funny lest you want s ta feel the sting of lead bitin’ through yer skin. “

Rorin stared at the woman who spoke to him. He took just a few steps back till his toes touched the concrete wall. He continued to stare at her. She hadn't to tell him to step farther back. He had been close enough to the back already. Rorin smiled for a moment.

"I'm glad you think us delicate musician folk are worthy enough of fear of doing something funny," Rorin replied, "When we can, we delicate folk can whimper your soul to death." Rorin stared at his guitar. His eyes quivered just for a moment. He was probably in the dark enough so the woman couldn't see it. That guitar was the last extension of his master. As a boy who had been led in apprenticeship. That was the last extension of their conversation.

Alvidia eyed the musician curiously before replying “Minstrel or pirate, all folk kin be dangerous.” With the door now open Alvidia turned her attentions back to Jess. She could see the fear in the young girls’ eyes and she tried to offer a smile. After all of her years being away from a pirate ship Alvidia had softened her ways just a bit from her days aboard The Buccaneers Revenge. “Get ye in there and move away from the door. “

Jess simply nodded at the pirate. She could tell there was nothing that could be done. She had to use her other had to break her grip on the bar. She had to be brave for this part. The memories flooding back to her. "Just please tell the captain I want to see her as soon as she can. I will tell her where we need to go to find the map." Maybe convening the captain could get her out of the cell. She then sat on the cell floor directly by the door. It made her a little more relaxed to know she was close to the exit.

Once Jess had moved inside she put the guitar inside of the door and shutting the door she locked it. The prisoners now secure she said “Ye kin have yer guitar now.” Her viridian orbs looked them both over once more. She wouldn’t want to be in their boots and was glad that this time; she was working for the pirates.

Rorin took his guitar. He stroked his fingers across its wooden grains and felt its smoothness. Almost as if a child had gotten its favorite bear back. His fingers tapped on the wood for a moment as if the sound of its hollowness was something familiar and necessary about that sound. He took a moment and stared at the pirate.

His fingers still dancing around the guitars sturdiness. And even mentioned towards plucking a string, but he thought not of it. "Thank you for my guitar," Rorin said, "I'd kindly wish to ask a question, if I may."

Alvidia looked at the minstrel not sure of what exactly he could expect her to answer since she wasn’t the captain but she gave him her attention “I’m not sure if’n I kin answer, but I will try if’n I kin.”

Rorin took a moment. Imagining the strings of his guitar moving in his head. It was the only way he could quickly think and truly get what he wanted down. "Do you feel guilt?" Rorin asked.

With a raised eyebrow Alvidia regarded him before answering, showing an impartiality as she did "Guilt? I'm hired ta The Murderess. I 'ave to obey the capt'ns orders. I dinnae feel guilt for doing me job. And I will do almost anything to make sure I do my job while employed aboard 'er."

Rorin rolled his tongue in his mouth for a moment. His fingers played a puttering sound as he thumb it on the wood. "So, you're trying to tell me because you're hired upon a ship. You no longer feel guilt," Rorin paused, "You murdered someone over a meer piece of paper. One for your "pirates booty" or secret cove of awesome secrets. And you can't tell me you feel guilt. That's sound quite sad."

Alvidia looked at him stunned. "Murder? I dinnae murder anyone. That be the capt'ns doin's not me own." It wasn't this minstrels place to question her reasons, and she wasn't about to tell him her reasons for doing what she did. As long as she was employed on The Murderess she would do what was required as long as it was within her own code. She need not explain herself to anyone. She'd quit doing that along time ago. "Now I have to get back to the capt'n, Ye got yer guitar, be glad the capt'n let me bring it to ye."

Rorin took a moment and gathered his thoughts. And gathered his feelings. Rorin nodded his head towards the woman. "Let me clear that I wasn't questioning you, simply stating now I'll only feel pity for the people who locked others in a cell like cow," Rorin said, "Have a nice day Miss. Pirate."

Alvidia took what he said with a grain of salt and turned to leave and as an afterthought turned around and said "Ye dinnae know much about pirates do ye lad? When ye has a capt'n like the notorious Bree, ye does what ye is told." Alvidia looked at the floor adding "Even if ye might not always like it, ye follow orders, or ye die."

Rorin stared at her. "You let someone exploit you because they are your boss. Oh I know what it is all about. I have lived a life of it. May it not be pirating illegally with criminal charges and everything. May it be done under closed doors with negotiation of the other rich and powerful," Rorin paused, "Trust me I know what it is all about. At least the politics of it."

"Then ye know that thar be a time an' place for everthing minstrel. An' ye know that not following orders kin get ye killed. I let no one exploit me, I does what I has to in order to survive." Alvidia turned to leave "An I suggest ye both be doin' the same."

Rorin took a moment and look at the floorboards. And then he frowned. He kept quiet. And let the woman be on her way. He had already spent his life trying to survive within in the system. Only to be put back into the system by a bunch of criminals.

Alvidia looked back at the prisoners a moment of sadness filling her. She had been in their shoes herself once and she had survived. If the luck of the stars be with these two, they would survive also. Alvidia looked at Jess “I’ll be sure to give the captain your message.” Her pirate accent had vanished. What most people didn’t know was that Alvidia wasn’t your typical ordinary every day pirate. She had a job to do and she would do it, until she got where she wanted to be.

Alvidia headed back up towards deck to find Bree and give her the message.

{co post between Security of Mem, Kirra, and Mysteria}

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mia watched in horror as the captain was shot by the pirates. The whole ordeal had left her paralyzed in fear. She had heard stories of how pirates would pillage and plunder ships with no remorse and through the passengers into the ocean to die, and other sickening stories. When she had heard those stories she thought that would never happen to her, that they were just stories, nothing more. The sudden realization that the stories were as real as she was only dumped more fear into Mia's very being.

Mia was suddenly grabbed by one of the pirates, other passengers were seized too. The captain went by each of them sizing them up. Mia started to realize that they weren't going to be killed, at least not at that moment. They were most likely going to be taken prisoner, for reasons unknown. A knew fear started to grip at her. What would become of her?

Keep it together, you've made it out your share of tough scenarios. You can do this, Mia tried to comfort herself.

Mia looked around the ship, so much carnage had happened in a matter of seconds. In minutes the pirates had completely taken over the ship. Blood was beginning to run between Mia's toes now. She felt sick. Someone jammed a gun barrel into the small of her back.

"Ye best be moving now, ya wench," the pirate spat, his breath reeking of rotted food and alcohol.

Mia growled quietly as he prodded her again with the pistol. Reluctantly she was taken to the pirate's ship, where she was brought down into the brig. The pirate that had brought her into the brig slammed the metal barred door closed on the cell. Letting off a cold chuckle he left Mia in the brig. The fact that there were few pirates coming in and out of the brig brought some calm over Mia. She had time to collect her thoughts and think about what had happened. She sat in the corner of the cell, her breathing shaky,she was scared.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Alex nodded at the woman, picking up the chest and carrying it over to Captain West's desk. Mostly Ms. Grant's valuables were in here, necklaces, rings, and jewels strew about. He lazily dumped boxes of golden accessories and sparkling stones into the chest, filling it up almost immediately. Walking over to the dresser next to the bed, Alex shuffled through the top drawer, pulling out rings and chains that belonged to Captain West, tossing them into the open chest. Between two officer's shirts inside the drawer was an ornate spyglass and a flintlock pistol, both of which Alex tossed towards Anyssa.

"That's about it, I'd think," he said, shrugging.

Anyssa caught the spyglass and pistol and looked into the chest. One of the necklaces inside caught her eye and she took it placing it in her pocket. It would make a fine gift for her beloved, when the time was right. But if the crew knew she took it, there could be problems.

“The bauble I took,” Anyssa started at Alex. “That stays between you and me. Keeping mum on this will go a log way towards earning my trust. And I do not intend to keep it.”

"I couldn't care less what ya take, you're a pirate, after all," he remarked, "and do be careful with the pistol. Tis loaded," he smirked, picking up the chest of jewelry and slamming it shut.

"After the misses, eh?" he said, continuing towards the doorway, "I've got plenty to say."

Anyssa drew her cutlass and placed it on Alex’s shoulder. “You will speak only when spoken to. You will show proper respect to the Captain. And from here on in you shall address me by my title, Mistress. Do ye understand? And if you breathe a word of the gift I have for her, I will slice ye up for chum.”

"Misstress it is," he breathed, shrugging away the cutlass, "I'm not one of the others who's been threaten'n you, are I?"

"No," Anyssa smiled. "And that is one of the reasons I haven't killed you already pup. Show me loyalty and things will go a lot easier for you. The Captain is not as forgiving as I. Remember your place." Anyssa smiled, and keeping the cutlass at Alex's back, headed out of the cabin and back on deck to find Bree. Fortunately, she was still on deck. And still had her pistol cocked in Laine's direction, who looked quite nervous and was sweating profusely.

“Captain,” Anyssa called as she approached. “I wish to have a word with ye about this scallywag; and then a word alone at your earliest convenience.” Anyysa’s eyes reflected a desire to speak, not to swive. And as Bree knew Anyssa well, she would not misinterpret the meaning.

[co-op with Naz]

Remember the Pulse

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

(coop with Gypsy, Naz, and Mysti)

Laine's anger rose as they grabbed Alex and threw him down in front of him, as they insulted him to his face. Oh these wenches were insufferable. He stepped out as if to stop Bree as she charged forward and kicked Sophie, but he was to late. He felt his fists clench, his breath thicken as it came out his nose.

As he opened his mouth to speak, he felt Bree's hand on his shoulder and gun at his crotch. He looked down and closed his eyes, feeling scared for the first time they were in the ordeal. followed her pace, heeding the threat.This was low, threatening his gibblets. He wanted so badly to thrust back, but any wrong move and goodbye to the boys. She urged him forward as he followed her pace heeding her threat.

Bree grinned as she nudged Laine playfully with the muzzle of her flintlock as he walked, relishing in his apparent discomfort. Once they were on the deck of the Murderess, her grin changed.

"Worked on boats long, have ye?"

Determined to keep his mouth shut to the captain, his mind was changed for him as she played the guns muzzle against him. "Only a couple o' years. But me father taught me as a lad."

"Couple o' years longer dan most o' this sorry lot." Bree's grin widened. "Care ta join me crew?"

"Well that one depends, are me balls on the line if I say no?" He replied.

Bree winked and holstered her flintlock, smiling at Laine. " Depends on what ye mean by 'on ta line.'" she replied.

Laine turned looking the she-captain up and down as if sizing her up. "My answer be a no on that one, my father brought an honest sailor, an honest sailor I shall be."

Bree shook her head and sighed. " Too bad. Could use a decent sea dog." And with no further warning, she reared back and planted her foot against Laine's chest with enough force to send him to the ground.

The Scot was dazed at the sudden attack as he landed on his ass. He looked up at the famed captain, and sprang into action. Her gun holstered they were evenly matched he figured as he charged and tackled her to the ground.

Anyssa immediately charged across the deck, leaving Alex by himself. She still had her cutlass in her hand, ands when she reached Laine, she slammed the hilt into the side of his head, knocking him off of Bree. Immediately, she jumped on him and began hammering his head and face with the sword’s hilt. “I’m gonna kill ye!!!” Anyssa screamed in her Cockney accent and continued the assault. “How dare ye bastard!!!” Anyssa continued to wail on Laine, smashing his face into a bloody pulp. She was enraged beyond all sense of reason. Throwing the sword to the ground, Anyssa drew her knife and grabbed a hold of Laine’s ear. She pulled hard on it and prepared to cut it of. She was going to carve him into little pieces, and only Bree could stop her now.

Bree blinked up at blue sky, her face scrunched in mild confusion. It had been a very long time since anyone aside from Anyssa'd had the gall to tackle her. She'd almost forgotten how it felt.

She grinned. She'd almost missed it.

She rolled to her stomach and grabbed Anyssa's wrist, gently shoving the other woman off. She then crawled over to straddle Laine's waist.

" Stupid sea dog. Every gun on ta ship is on your head now. And 'Nessie don't forget easily. Now. I give ye two choices. Ye join my crew and swear loyalty to me, and ye live with no consequences. Or, ye refuse me a second time, and I have ye tied to the mast and lash some sense into your fool head."

Laine tried grabbing at the psycho girls wrists to stop her, but the blood leaking into his eyes was blinding. When the beating suddenly stopped and the strong violent weight was relieved and replaced by the gentle graceful weight, he leaned up onto his elbows wiping the blood from his eyes with a friendly smile. "Well lassie, who am I to deny the hospitality as a guest on yer ship?"

Bree smiled back pleasantly.

" Cap'n..." Anyssa grumbled a bit. " I disapprove... Let me gut 'em like da fish he is." Bree shook her head as she stood, wiping at her trousers.

" No, lovie. He's more useful alive than dead." She nodded to Alvidia, still smiling. " Get some of ta crew and tie the old dog to the mast." she grinned down at Laine. " And I'll decide what to do with 'im soon."

"Aye Capt'n but I think I kin handle this'n all by me'self." Alvidia eyed the dark haired brown eyed man curiously. Raising her saber to his chin and dragging down across his chest she grinned to her captain "I likes the looks of this'n Capt'n me'be he kin serve 'is purposes aboard The Murderess afta' all. Oh a' Capt'n ma'am the prisoner Jess would like ta see ya regardin's that map, a course, that is, when ye has time." Alvidia moved the captive along at saber point looking him up and down "Don't worry lovie' this won't hurt a bit." she said as she tied him to the mast, making sure the knots were tied securely.

Laine stood and allowed the saber to guide him to the mast and tied to it. This woman here seemed like she was sane unlike the other two, still he stayed quiet. This would be more pain than he ever felt before, but like before, he would not cry out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

[Co-Op with Naz and Gypsy]

Brig dis brig dat. Oh, fer the love 'o Christ I want ta show my worth
    , Eve thought to herself as she watched bloody faced Laine get tied to the mast, all I bloody do is take blokes ta the bloody brig. Eve sighed. She wanted more than anything to prove her ability to the captain and first mate. Plus, she was getting bored and wanted some action of her own. Eve looked out at the ocean. What a sight it was. The ocean water glittered magically. It made Eve smile and forget her worries at times.

“Something on your mind Eve?” Anyssa stared at her and sounded angry, She wanted to kill Laine, but had been denied that. Now she was in no mood for games. But Eve seemed slightly troubled, and Anyssa wanted to know why.

"Sorry, Mistress, jus' got things on me mind," Eve replied. "Wish ye had more for me ta do is all." She wasn't one to get on the first mates nerves, so she hoped she hadn't gone to far.

“Well now that you mention it,” Anyssa smiled and the anger faded from her voice. “Put those two,” Anyssa pointed to Sophia and Margaret. “To work scouring the deck. You hear that doggy? You get to have some help. And I suggest you do a good job. I want to be able to see my reflection in the deck.” Anyssa laughed, knowing this was impossible.

“When you are finished with that, I will need you to take one last look around before we set sail. And then I want you to light a fire below deck.” Anyssa smiled malevolently at Eve. She hoped that the chance to destroy something would make Eve a little more content. She didn’t like it when the crew wasn’t happy, especially the female members, and destruction always helped to cheer Anyssa up

Eve's face broke into a smirk when she eyed Sophia and Margaret. "Heh. I wouldn't mind ta 'elp get their arses moving. Might be enjoyable. Aye, will do, Mistress. Jus' hope ye don't mind putting a word ta the Cap'n 'bout whenever she be needin' me thievin' her anythin'. I'm 'ere."

Bree glanced over her shoulder from where she was watching Laine being tied to the mast, her maniacal grin firmly back in place.

" Aye, girly, I haven' forgot ye. May have a right job for ye soon enough. For now, though, keep an eye on the prisoners... especially that one." Bree pointed to Sophia. " Got a plan for her. Now, where in the bloody seven seas is that map?!"

"That's one of the things I wanted to talk to you about Captain." Anyssa purred at Bree. Looking over at Eve, she smiled. "You heard the Captain lass, get to it."

Eve nodded in reply to her Mistresses, and then turned to her new job. "Ye lasses heard 'em!" Eve yelled at Sophia and Margaret. "Mistress Anyssa be wantin' the deck clean 'nough ta eat off!" Eve grabbed two mops and a bucket of water and thrust them into the new laborers' hands. Doubt the prissy one, Sophia, work a day en her life. Eve grabbed Sophia by the head and pulled her inches from her face and smiled.

"So, doggy, ye know 'ow ta mop?" Eve laughed at Sophia. "I hope ye can. How 'bout ye, lassie?" Eve stared at Margaret with a grin. "Ye best be learnin' lassies, 'fore ye become useless ta us, savvy?."

Eve pointed out the areas on the Murderess that needed the most cleaning. She also gave Sophia Mopping 101 on a Pirate Ship. With that, Eve marched off to scan every bit of the ship before they left. A lost rope was fixed, a sail redone, and some lose supplies stowed, the ship was in shipshape.

Eve stepped forward to the first mate Anyssa before going below deck. "Aye, the ship be ready for sailing, Mistress." That mission complete, Eve walked down below deck so as to start the fire in the man made oven they had for cooking. She tossed useless furniture from the Flourish and old wooden rum barrels in the oven. A splash of rum on the pile of wood and with a single spark it came ablaze. The fire was beautiful. It also warmed up Eve's spirit. Now that her work was done, Eve went back on deck to watch the departure.

Laine was still bleeding in the face where they left him when Eve ascended from below. She felt somewhat bad. Not a lot of men escaped Anyssa's wrath. The man was lucky. Eve grabbed a wet rag and walked over to Laine. She also felt a connection to him since he was also Scottish.

"Yer face'll be nothing less I clean it off," Eve said to Laine wiping most off the blood of. "Fester it might. Seen dat 'fore. Don't be thinking I'm givin' ye special treatment, ye be useless if I don't. 'Aven't seen me a scot as myself en a long time."
    Spoiler:  

1Cor 13:1-8

Mentioned
    125 Post(s)

Anyssa smiled as she watched Eve go off to follow the Captain’s orders. Moving over to Alex, she took him by the arm and pulled him over to the Captain.

“I think that this one may prove useful to us,” Anyssa took the chest from Alex and placed it on the deck in front of Bree, along with the pistol and spyglass which Alex had given her.

Bree opened the chest with her foot, smiling down at the glitter of jewels and gold.

" I approve." she smiled at her lover, then at the boy. " And the map?"

Anyssa reached into the front of her corset and pulled the map piece out, handing it to the Captain.

“Here Captain,” As Anyssa handed Bree the map she shot her a playful smile and turned to Alex. She moved in behind him and pushed him to his knees.

“Have ye anything to say to the Captain, boy?” Anyssa purred the words at him.

"Well, yeah, I do…" Alex said nervously, shuffling his feet closer to Bree to make sure absolutely no one else could hear him, "this'd be a bit better'n private, right?"

“Perhaps you would like to join the rest of the prisoners in the brig then,” Anyssa looked up at Bree, trying to hold back her laughter.

"There's a thought, but here's another," Alex quipped, looking annoyed, "ow about we move away from everyone else, yeah? It's important.”

Anyssa looked up at Bree and shrugged her shoulders.

Bree took the map and carefully tucked it into her shirt, against her breasts, as she considered the boy on his knees. Finally she shrugged, grabbed his arm, and hauled him towards her quarters, yelling to her crew to keep working as she went. Once inside her quarters, she tossed the boy to the floor carelessly and closed the door behind Anyssa.

" So, speak, boy."

"Well, ya see, I'm not "of age" yet to be on a ship, right? Cap'n West took me in when I was fourteen, out of London. He protected me from the other crew members."

“I’m guessing ye’ve never even known the taste of cunny then eh boy?” Anyssa giggled and stood next to the Captain.

"I'm fif'een, on a ship full'a men. What'd you think?"

Bree laughed suddenly, crossing her arms in front of her chest.

" Ye don't say, lad? So maybe I was wrong? It weren't the old dog pining for you, t'were the other way 'round, mayhaps?"

"What'd I just tell ya? Cap'n West was the one who protected me. That's why I'm discussin' this with you two pricks," he quipped, "if'n I join, I'd need protection, eh?"

Anyssa's hand came up and struck Alex across the face.

"What did I tell ye about respect boy?" Anyssa's accent came through and she leered at him.
    Alex yelped and brought his hand to his bright red cheek, rubbing it gently.

"Sorry, Mistress," he said mildly.

Anyssa looked at Bree and leaned in to whisper in her ear.

“I think this one can be moulded to suit us. I trust him more than the others.”

Bree nodded, watching the boy carefully. He was young enough, but she'd been younger. Still, he seemed impressionable, and he could be shaped if a hand strong enough to do it was behind him.

" I got rules, and plenty more of 'em for you, being as young as you are. And if'n you want my protection, you follow my rules. Savvy?"

"Pass 'em on. Figured you'd 'ave something for me, eh?"

Bree smiled faintly at the boy, then looked up to Anyssa. " Read him ta code and put ta mark on him." she glanced back at Bree. " You're mine now, boy. Ye swear your loyalty here, and ye belong to me. Be loyal, and ye be rewarded. Be disloyal, and ye be rewarded in kind.”

“Aye Captain,” Anyssa smiled and proceeded to tell Alex the code of the Murderess. When she had fished she glared at him. “Follow the code and we will have no problems. Now leave, I need to have a word with the Captain. Ask one of the deckhands where to mind Mister Mercer. He will give you some nice ink. I think the back of your neck will do just fine. You belong to the Captain now boy. And welcome to the crew.” Anyssa smiled before moving to the door and ushering him out. Once he was gone, she locked the door and walked over to the Captain.

Immediately Anyssa wrapped her arms around Bree and pressed her lips against the Captain’s. She kissed her passionately, probing Bree’s mouth with her tongue. After a few moments, she pulled away and pressed her forehead against Bree’s. Anyssa was breathing heavily, and wanted to do more, but now was still not the time. She had other things which were weighing heavily on her.

“Bree, we need to talk.” Anyssa’s voice sounded concerend.

(co op with Gypsy and Stream)

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    every genre
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

(copost with Merry Gentry)

The mop felt heavy and awkward in Sophie's grip as she clumsily moved about the deck. The pirate, Eve, had given both girls quick instructions on how to use the foreign object. But with hands unfamiliar to any sort of physical labor, the girl felt uncertain about how good of a job she was actually doing.

Her body protested against every movement. Her left cheekbone felt hot with pain where Anyssa had slammed her face against the deck. Sophie winced when she imagined how she must appear. And just when she was certain that he body couldn't hurt any more than it already did, the pain of hard work began to creep into her muscles.

But there was one thing about swabbing the deck that Sophia was thankful for: she was finally left alone. Besides the occasional member of the crew spitting insults, laughing, or pointing out a spot she had missed, Sophie and Margaret were left to their task.

She glanced over at the other girl. The stowaway and she hadn't spoken much over the journey, but she had been kind enough to help Sophie when she had been thrown to the deck. With a quick glance around to make sure Anyssa was no where to be seen, Sophie moved closer to where Margaret was working.

"I wanted to thank you," she whispered after clearing her throat to get the other girl's attention. "Thank you for helping me. Although I fear it may have put a target on your back as well."

Margaret jumped a little hearing Sophie's voice, she had almost forgotten the other girl was there, she was concentrating hard on the task of cleaning the deck. Knowing it was just something to focus on other than the fact that she was now stuck here on the pirate ship. Stuck here doing hopeless menial labor. There was simply no way this deck would ever be more than it was. Browned, weather beaten wood, with too many darks spots to count. She was focused on the actual scrubbing task, and on not thinking what the spots were probably from.

Turning her head to briefly to look at Sophie, she gave a weak smile, whispering back "You are most welcome. I couldn't leave you there. It was quite horrible what they did to you. You were very brave to do what you did" she blushed a little, thinking of how Sophie had spoken back to the pirates. "I was terrified that they would....would...." she left off with shudder.

"Well, I'm Margaret Robert." she continue "I've had more than one target attached to me in the past. This one's a little different, but a target none the less. We have to look out for each other. I don't see any of them doing it." she shrugged, refusing to think too deeply about it, for now. Glancing around briefly to see if anyone was watching them. "What do you suppose will happen to us?" sitting up a little, wiping her brow with the edge of her sleeve.

Sophie simply shook her head in response. There were a number of things the pirates could do to them, certainly, and none were pleasant to think about. "I don't know," she said slowly. "But you heard what Eve said about keeping us useful. If there's any way to get any sort of security, that would be it."

Her blue eyes moving to to man tied to the mast. The only other one who had said or done anything in her defense. "Just like Laine. They said they would keep him if he joined their crew, right?"

She paused, watching Eve tend to his wounds. How interesting that she hadn't offered help to her, Sophie thought. Although Laine was rather attractive... a crew dominated by women was bound to keep a handsome, young sailor around, weren't they?

Another member of the crew wandered by and snapped at Sophia and Margaret to "stop the gossip, this ain't no party." So with a final nod to her newfound friend, Sophie turned her attention back to the deck.

Security of Mem

Rorin sat closest to the wall in the cell. His hands were shaking, but not from the cold or any sort of fear. But from joy as he stroked the last bits of wood from his guitar. He stared at the lady who had been with the pirate lady as his guitar had. She looked frightened, he at least assumed she was frightened.

"If you fear them, they'll continue to push you around," Rorin said calmly, "That's the way and will of a criminal."

Jess shot the minstrel a glare. She refused to let anyone treat her like she was weak.

"Shut up. I'm not afraid of them. I fear no one." Her words where laced with venom.
    She was not going to let this man demean her.

"I just... I just don't like bing confined." She looked away from his eyes when she spoke the last part. Afraid to let him see her fear.

hRorin raised his eyebrow and gave a brief smile. Rorin took a moment and plucked a string on his guitar absent minded. He took a moment focusing on what he wanted to say.

"Fear is more appropriate in this situation," Rorin paused, "Look around you everyone is afraid here. I wasn't trying in no way to insult you. I was merely stating something to make you feel better. Though I'm a fool when it comes to conversation such as this."

Jess was surprised at his words. She had never met a man who acted so kindly. Especially considering that Jess basically abandoned them all for a chance at her own safety. She looked at his guitar and smiled.

"Well minstrel, you seem do be doing an all right job. Can you do anything with that?" She pointed to his instrument, not moving from her spot on the floor. "I mean are you any good at it?"

Rorin smiled and grasped his guitar. He moved his hand and smoothly ran down it. He stared at the girl.

"I wouldn't know myself, how about you tell me?" he asked.

He played a brief tune. He smiled at her as he finished. Waiting for her comment. He hadn't found himself this much enthralled in another's life quite like the way he was doing now.

Jess was enthralled by the music. She had heard a lot music before. But it was normally the same basic tones. These new sounds made her relax a bit. It was a calming tune. She couldn't help her self from letting a word slip out.

"Wow." She shook her head slightly and came back to the world. "You are good. I bet the will keep you alive so they can hear you play. Not completely sure what my chances are right now."

Rorin smiled at the girl for a moment.

"My name is Rorin Silverheart," he said. Of course this was simply his stage name. And the name he hid under. However, it was his name at the moment and that was how he was going to great himself.

"I'm sure they'll keep you alive," Rorin said, "I think some of these pirates can understand a good nature young woman. Who may provide a clean slate of conscious on them. I believe at least one pirate would feel guilt if they had to kill you."

Jess sighed heavily. The upbeat feeling from the song was wearing off, and she was starting to get antsy. She starting looking around the cell. "Maybe." She hoped he was right. Jess had one thing in her favor, the map. If she could get to port Royal, then she would be able to secure her position with the crew.

"So what are you traveling for?"

Rorin stared at her for a moment.

"Traveling for?" Rorin paused, "I suppose I was more running away then traveling."
    Rorin felt odd blurting out the truth. And he took a few downward glances at the ground. He looked back up.

"I didn't catch your name," Rorin said.

What would she say? She couldn't tell the truth. If her father found out where she was, she was dead. But would this man ever get off this ship?She couldn't take that risk.

"Jess. I was never given a last name. I am a run away from England." She hopped her fair skin and proper speech wouldn't give her away. But it probably would.

Rorin's heart skipped for a moment. Two runaways. What was the likelihood of that, very likely. Rorin bit onto his lip however. He didn't want to simply state that to her. Me too, hey look we're both run aways we have something in common. Instead he stood quiet and kept his inner most feelings off his face.

"Jess is a wonderful name," Rorin said, "What kind of music do you like? Slow or fast?"

More music. Maybe that would calm her. The environment was starting to get to her again.

"Well maybe something... relaxing." She didn't want to admit her fear, but she needed to escape. And if this man could help, she would let him. "Sorry, I don't know much about music. What do you play when you want to escape the world?"

Rorin took a moment to think about her question. He stared at a nail in one of the floorboards. He wasn't why he was staring at this one nail. It was rusty and crooked a bit. His eyes seem to drift in this sort of fashion. Finding beauty in the most unorthodox of items.

"Generally I'm always playing something on the guitar," Rorin said, "By myself that is, just small little tunes. I know one story. One song my master taught me. It calms me down every time I think of it. It reminds me of him as well. I suppose I could say I use that song to escape the world."
    Rorin bit his lip for a moment.

"I could play it, though I don't know how cliche that would be."

Jess tried to hold back her enthusiasm. She needed him to play something. She wanted to scream yes at the top of her lungs. Instead she simply shook her head slightly. "Go ahead. I would like to hear it." Jess started to relax when she thought about the music appearing again.

Rorin set himself up. He wiggled his fingers just a bit as if getting ready for a firefight. He stroked his guitar as if to reassure the guitar. He tuned the strings and plucked each string just for a moment. He closed his eyes and thought about the nights with his teacher and he needed his teachers advice. How the two guitars would sing. And he played.

Jess started to close her eyes as the tune played. It's up beat sounds kept her cheerful and calm. The room started to disappear from around her. She was free again. Free like when her uncle had shared his stories. But she was starting to drift off from the tunes just when he stopped. She couldn't help but blurt out her thoughts.

"No." She caught her self before she said any more. "I mean. Please feel free to continue."

"I'd like to thank you for having a human conversation with me," Rorin said.
    He kept his tongue quiet and led Jess on that the conversation came to a close. And each on their own again. At least for now. Who knew what the future would hold. And if Jess would become a closer individual. Maybe in the future as a friend.

Jess smiled lightly at him. She didn't know really how else to respond. Jess decided to let him be with his thoughts. She hoped he would play again, but wouldn't push the subject. She pulled her knees up into her chest and wrapped her arms around them.

Rorin took one more look at Jess.

"If you like, if we both live. I can teach you more about music." he said.

She smiled at him. "That would be nice."

[co-op Mem and Kirra]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bree sat on her cabin bed, watching Alex go, before smiling up at Anyssa. Her maniacal grin was gone, replaced by a calm, serene expression. She crossed her legs slowly, bobbing one booted up and down in a surprisingly girlish fashion as she leaned back a bit, bracing her hands on the bed behind her.

" Let's talk then." she said, still smiling pleasantly.

“ I…I..” Anyssa looked at the floor. “I am sorry for showing too much affection in front of the prisoners love. Sometimes it’s just hard for me not too.”

Bree grinned, still wagging her foot.

" You make it hard to be a big scary pirate with your cute ass all over me."

“ I will try harder,” Anyssa looked up and smiled. “ Close your eyes.”

" Why?" Bree asked plaintively, quirking an eye at her lover.

Anyssa moved over to the bed and leaned in to Bree to whisper in her ear.

“ Please,” As Anyssa spoke, her tongue flicked against Bree’s earlobe.

Bree smirked as her hands moved up Anyssa's sides, shivering a bit.

" As you wish." she whispered, closing her eyes.

Anyssa crawled onto the bed ad moved in behind Bree, pulling the necklace from her pocket. She gently pulled back Bree’s hair and started to kiss the tattoo on the back of Bree’s neck. Using her tongue, Anyssa traced the rose and then brought the necklace around the front of Bree. Pulling back slightly, she allowed the topaz pendant to fall into Bree’s cleavage, and clasped the chain. Anyssa moved to Bree’s side and lay down on the bed beside her, looking up and smiling.

“ Open your eyes.”

Bree opened her eyes and lifted the pendant to inspect. It was a simple round gold affair and had a round topaz set into it, all on a simple gold chain.

" Pretty." Bree muttered, laying back as she twisted it to catch the sunlight through the window on it's glittering facets.

“ I don’t know how much I trust Speers,” Anyssa’s words purred from her lips and she leaned in closer to to let her lips brush against Bree’s. “ She could be lying. Trying to save herself. I want to go talk to her… alone.” Anyssa took one of Bree’s hands in her own. She moved Bree’s hand up to her lips and started to gently suck on her fingertips.

Bree hummed happily for a few moments, nodding blithely and off in a happy world of bright colors and pretty thoughts... until she blinked.

She grinned and poked Anyssa's nose with her forefinger.

" Silly girl, you're making me all lily-livered and weak kneed. Save it for tonight."

Anyssa rested her head on Bree’s chest and wrapped her arm around he, still holding Bree’s hand in her own.

“ Tonight I will give you a bath my love,” Anyssa purred and began to nuzzle into Bree’s breast. “But let me have Speers. I think she’s playing a game with us. She is too eager to help. Even your new pet didn’t jump at the chance to join us. And I trust him a lot more than Speers.”

Bree toyed with her lover's hair absently, mulling her choices over. Jess presented a problem, in that she could be lying. But not many outside of the business knew old Speers. And Bree had known of him, in a very personal way. It was a chance she had to take.

" Then spend the evening with her. But make sure to mark the boy. Make a fine buccaneer out of him with a few years time."

“ Of course my love,” Anyssa pulled open Bree’s shirt slightly and kissed her breast. “ And what of the Scot?” Anyssa was still purring but her accent was stating to show through again as she felt a sense of rage flow through her.

Bree smiled down at Anyssa warmly.

" Keep him tied to the mast, and make sure to mark the boy in front of him... and be sure to make an example of the girls where he can see. Man needs to know who is in charge."

“ May I beat him?” Anyssa looked up at Bree with eager eyes, moving one hand down between Bree’s legs.

Bree arched off the bed, moving her hips away.

" Time and place, 'Nessie, time and place. We talked about this, right? Time and place." she reminded her lover, voice a bit higher than normal. " You can beat him if he sasses you."

“ Thank you love,” Anyssa smiled wickedly. “An oh yes I agree. But there is no harm in making you aware of the things I have planned for you tonight.” Anyssa moved quickly between Bree’s legs and started to grind a little. “I shall make my siren sing.” Anyssa suddenly had a thought and her smile became more playful.” And shall I have the musician play some music for us to make love to?”

" Ooh. I like that." Bree said, squirming a bit.

“ I think I will bring the other bird up from the brig as well,” Anyssa started to grind a little harder and flicked her tongue at her lover’s lips. “She was so quiet. Perhaps some labor might loosen her tongue?”

Bree struggled not to respond to her lover's movements.

" Sounds fine." Bree said with a gasp. " And get a cask of rum out and let the crew get get good and drunk." She kissed Anyssa hard. " No attend to it."

With that, she shoved Anyssa off playfully and smacked the blonde on her rear soundly, grinning as the first mate went out the door. She followed moments later, her maniacal grin back in place, arms folded imposingly over her chest as she watched her orders being carried out.

The Queen is back and rocking out.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast