Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: (M)The Rage of The Murderess(IC)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The canons roared beneath Bree's feet, fire licking from their muzzles as the whole of the Murderess rocked with their force. Most of the crew went to their knees as a result, but Bree did not stagger. The canons fell silent as the firing crew rushed to reload them, and a dull silence fell over the deck as the English frigate drew ever closer, the cries of dismay and fear at the Murderess colors a growing roar.

The barrels she'd requested were being lined up as rifles were distributed. The sharp sound of swords against their sheaths was a familiar song to Bree's ears, as old and soothing as the waves at her ship's brow and the salty wind through her hair.

Something inside her mind had stopped. All thoughts of her fears and anxieties, memories of Anyssa's angry expression and sharp words, and remnants of bad dreams drained from her like an open rum barrel. All that was left was something hard and sharp, like a finely crafted blade.

There was killing to do.

The Murderess pulled alongside the English frigate with astonishing speed. The crew took cover and Bree stood alone on deck, smiling girlishly at the other frigate's crew and passengers. They were too far away to notice her eyes, dead, cold and flat.

The more experienced crew took advantage of the momentary stillness to throw hooks onto the other ships deck, where they found purchase and secured one ship to the other, providing a means to board.

" Aim!" Bree shouted, and the English Frigate fell into a frenzy as the muzzles of a dozen or more rifles appeared over the barrels. " Fire!" Bree screamed two seconds later.

The roar of guns filled the air.

The Queen is back and rocking out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Aboard the Navigator
    Inside the Brig

The entire English frigate shuddered. Whiskey McGee, otherwise known as Nine-Toes McGee, grinned from his place of confinement within the ship’s brig. The pirate was quite pleased in this new development. In fact he had never been so happy in his life to be aboard a vessel that was being attacked. If pirates overtook this ship, he had at least a slim chance of being set free! He clutched the bars of his prison firmly with both hands and began shouting at the top of his lungs.

“Look lively now ye bunch o’ lily-livered blaggards! Prepare ta meet yer doom! ARrrrr!”

He heard the scampering of feet across the deck above him followed by the panicked shouts of frightened seamen, some of which had never been on a ship as it was attacked and boarded.

“Oh my God! Heaven help us!”

“Pirates? We’re being attacked by pirates!!”

“…do you think we’re going to die? Well, I think we’re going to die. I think we’re definitely going to die. I knew this was a bad idea. My mother always told me to be a farmer.”

“Oh shut up.”

“What did the captain say? I can’t hear what he said. Oh dear God in heaven. They’re firing again!”

“Of course they’re firing again, you bloody idiot. That’s what they do, you know.”

“How many ships are firing at us? I thought there was just one!?”

“There’s only one ship firing at us.”

“What happens if the pirates get on board? Oh for heaven’s sake, don’t let them come aboard.”

"I can't get my hands to stop shaking."

“Edward said he saw some of the pirates while he was looking through his spy glass. He says one of them was real purty. I think he’s been drinkin’ too much o’ the sauce again.”

“Stop waggin’ your tongue and man your post!”

Whiskey listened as attentively as he could under the circumstances. Oh how he loved a good scuffle out at sea! He wished to be a part of the action! He despised being caged up like this. He began wondering what group of pirates might be attacking this vessel. Over the years he had made a few friends and more than a handful of enemies in his travels at sea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The deck of the Murderess ran red with blood of both friend and foe alike. The sound of metal against metal as swords clashed greeted Anyssa’s ears along with the screams of rage of each crew and the cries of anguish and pain from the dying. Anyssa smiled wickedly and decided it was time to have a little fun. She had a plan, on which would require a little help. Grabbing two muskets, Anyssa hurried to where Sophia was taking cover.

“Having fun yet?” Anyssa giggled and fired her pistol into the face of a British soldier who was preparing to fire at them. “I need to get to the bow. Care to join me?”

Sophie glanced up at the first mate from where she was hiding, crouched behind a barrel. Her blue eyes were wide with fear and her hands shook, but she swallowed hard and nodded in response. Somehow, Anyssa's maniacal giggling was reassuring. Like the pirate had everything under control.

She took one of the muskets that Anyssa offered. The gun felt heavy and reassuring in her small hands. Alright, Sophie thought. She had an experienced pirate at her side, and a weapon she knew how to use. She flashed Anyssa a nervous grin, and both women were off toward the bow.

Below the deck amongst the smoke and grime of the cannons, Eve prepared her flintlock and knives for battle.

"Ye bloody bastards prepare the next round!" She yelled raising her gun. "I've got business on deck. Mr. Johnson, ye be in charge. Make sure ye cripple the bloody ship an' not sink it."

Eve heard a yell in reply and she stormed on deck. A Brit had just walked in front of her catching her of guard, but she easily stabbed him in the back with one of her many daggers and moved forward. She eyed the first mate and Sophia at the bow and hurried over to them. Eve noticed another Brit aiming his gun at them and she easily flung a dagger at his head. She made her way passed the fallen bodies on the deck and came to Anyssa.

"I am 'ere, Mistress, what be yer orders?" Eve asked her first mate. "The cannons are already at work crippling the British ship."

Anyssa opened one of the crates at the bow of the chip and removed chain shot for the cannon. The shot itself was two cannonballs with a chain between them and only had one purpose. Handing it to Eve, she grinned.

“If you would be so kind as to take down her mast for me,” Anyssa drew her pistol and fired at another soldier, hitting him in the chest. “Then the three of us can go on board.”

"Aye," Eve gave a devious grin. "Would be me pleasure, Mistress."

Passing by crew members fighting with Brits she carried the chain shot with both hands. One man was shot in the head and his blood spattered the deck in gory brain matter. Eve winced slightly, but jumped over the bodies. One soldier stood from her and the entrance to the lower deck. He raised his gun to her to feel the harsh blow of the chain shot's hard iron to the temple. Without a second thought, she ran to the cannon hold and pushed the chain shot into a cannon herself. She aimed the cannon right on the enemies mast.

"Fire the bloody cannon!" Eve roared to the gunners and with a deafening blow, the chain shot spun out toward the British ship. A large crack could be heard and the mast fell over into the ocean. Smirking with accomplishment, Eve hurried back on deck and to the first mate and Sophia.

[Co-op with the wonderful Anne and snazzy Nazy]
    Spoiler:  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thoughts and images of Laine's eviscerated body swimmer in Alex's mind. His flesh had literally been torn from his muscles, leaving nothing more than a bloody and ripped apart rag doll, at this point probably lifelessly flailing about in the ocean. Laine was one of the few friends Alex had aboard the Murderess, and the closest thing to a brother in the caribbean.

And then he thought about the Flourish.

Captain West had taken him aboard despite knowing of his age, and given him quarter. The happiest times of his life were aboard that ship; which sounds pitiful at first, but with the consideration of his impoverished childhood, a home and steady supply of meals is a godsend. All of that, taken away by the Murderess in the blink of an eye. Everyone he knew fell around him, leaving only scattered crew member and a majority of fucking tourists.

It was a sick thought, but there was nothing he wished more than for their passengers to die in lieu of his crew mates.

And then he thought about his life in London.

Days without meals, and the meager sums of foodstuff they could actually manage distributed to whoever had the most ribs sticking from the abdomen at the time. Alex did have a pet dog, once, before his family were forced to kill it for nourishment on a particularly cold winter night. No one in that city cared, they were too busy enjoying their lives to care about people barely able to scrape by.

And finally, he thought about the Murderess.

A crew of cold-hearted murderers and thieves, without a shred of nobility. There was very little distinguishing them from any of those bastards in London; especially Anyssa. Everything about her was sickening, her sadistic pleasures, the piercing cackle, and the way she voraciously clawed at Bree. She killed Laine. She killed David West. And as far as he was concerned, she had killed Alex.

There was only one person left to die.

Slowly Alex climbed to the deck of the ship, hearing the screams of Anyssa, ordering the crew to attack a ship. As he reached the top and the sunlight hit his face, the waving white-and-red British flag flapped in the distance. Alex wouldn't have any part of this.
    Last edited by Stream; 06-09-2010 at 04:14 AM.

1Cor 13:1-8

Mentioned
    125 Post(s)

Anyssa grinned as the frigates mast fell, moving next to one of the barrels on deck. Tipping it onto it’s side, she rolled the barrel of gunpowder over to Eve and Sophie.

“Both of you,” Anyssa hissed grinning maniacally. “Get to the other ship and get this barrel below deck. I’m sure that most of the crew is on deck in the fight now. Feel free to have a look around. I’m always in the mood for something sparkly.” Anyssa giggled and the look on her face was one of utter insanity. She glanced around anxiously licking her lips as she could see the men from both sides being cut down. Anyssa loved the carnage, and right now, especially given the treatment she had received form Bree, Anyssa wanted to kill something.

“Follow behind me,” Anyssa sheathed her sword and quickly reloaded her pistols. “Once we get over get below deck right away,” Anyssa’s voice lowered to almost a whisper that only Eve and Sophie could hear.

“And both of you be careful.” With that, Anyssa got up and started to head across the plank to the English frigate.

The moment Anyssa reached the plank, a British soldier came rushing across with his sword held high. Without a word, she brought up one of her pistols and fired a round at the soldier‘s head. Blood sprayed over Anyssa as the soldier fell. Placing the pistol in her belt, she drew her sword, still gripping the other pistol tightly.

The moment she reached the other ship, she was instantly attacked by another sword wielding soldier. Anyssa deftly blocked his attack with her own sword and fired her pistol. The shot hit him in the chest and he sprawled back a few feet before hitting the deck. Anyssa quickly turned to Sophia and Eve, yelling.

“Get moving you two!!” Anyssa pointed at the hatch and turned to face an oncoming attacker. Her sword came up hard into his jaw, the blade slicing through and the soldier making a gurgling noise as it did.

Anyssa turned an made her way towards the Captain’s cabin. She kicked in the door and slowly made her way inside. She knew Sophia and Eve would no doubt find hr something shiny. But Anyssa wanted to find something as well. Maybe even a gift for Bree if she went back to normal. Still Anyssa couldn’t help but feel a little guilty. She could tell that something was bothering Bree at the time, and she probably would have talked about it if not for the frigate approaching. Perhaps a diamond would make things a little better.

Anyssa turned suddenly as the door of the cabin shut and heard the loud bang before she actually saw the crewman who was in the cabin with her. He had been hiding behind the door and fired, the shot hitting Anyssa in the stomach. For a moment she was unsure what had happened and her hand went instinctively to her stomach. Bringing iit to her face, she looked at the blood on her fingers and giggled before collapsing to the ground.

The crewman walked over to Anyssa and knelt down to check the body. Before the crewman could react, Anyssa’s sword was in his throat and ane grinned at him as she started to turn pale, the floor of the cabin becoming stained with her blood. The crewman fell backwards, stumbling over a chair and falling to the floor.

Alex crept around behind Anyssa, sticking to dark nooks as she made her way towards the Captain's cabin. The gunshot and subsequent sword-to-flesh sounds were all the signs needed to know it was ok to move. Tip-toeing his way inside to see the dead crewman sprawled out and a groaning Anyssa at his feet, clenching her gut as red dripped to the floor.

"Get help you fucking rat!" she yelled, jabbing the air with her bloody sword. Alex smiled at her.

"I'm sure Laine asked for help, too. Or any'a the other's ya've killed."

The remaining colour faded from Anyssa’s face and her eyes pleaded with Alex.

“Please,” The word came as little more than a whisper, and Anyssa coughed, blood spraying from her mouth.

"You're askin' me all posh now. Fine then. You're polite when you're bleeding out on the ground and got a round in your gut, but you're laughing and smiling when you're killing my friends and my…" he swallowed, his lip quivering for a moment. He brought his arms to his eyes and wiped the sweat off of his brow. "You've fucking ruined everything."

“I’m…I…” Anyssa felt weak. Too weak to continue. Her eyelids were growing heavy and she wanted to just go to sleep. Drift off into another world. Just for a second. Anyssa lay her head down on the floor of the cabin and closed her eyes, and slipped into oblivion.

"Fuck you, 'nyssa," he whispered. He exited the cabin, laughing lightly to himself. One loose end squared.

(co op wit Stream)
    Last edited by Stream; 06-22-2010 at 06:52 AM. Reason: Just a quotation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Last edited by Anne Bonny; 08-08-2010 at 04:48 PM. Reason: edited per the author's respect

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In the chaos of battle, Bree's mind was the most clear. She counted the falling bodies, judged the ship and how much damage it took. Her eyes were cold as she noted her crew and shot a man charging her with a sword, watching a bloody hole blow through his chest as he fell to the ground twitching. Bree stepped over him and through his pooling blood, leaving a trail of bloody bootprints behind her and she boarded the other ship. She shot another man, roaring his anger at her, and left him to bleed the black blood of a gut shot as she moved on.

She noted Anyssa enter the captain's cabin and paused to dip in a gentleman's bow to a young woman who had wandered on deck, eyes wide in fear.

" Take the young lady aboard the Murderess. I'm afraid this ship is no longer hospitable." she said, grinning madly at the girl in the pretty summer dress. A few members of her crew leaped to obey. " Alvidia," she barked out, not waiting to see if she was acknowledged. " Take Margaret and check below deck for anyone or anything of value."

And then something caught Bree's eye. It was Alex, leaving the captain's cabin. The grin on his face sent something cold and hard through Bree's gut, and she started for the cabin at a brisk pace that quickly became a sprint.

" Nessie?" she asked as she threw open the door, voice higher than normal and trembling. The cabin was a mess, and lying in it's middle was Anyssa, bleeding from her stomach. The breath in Bree's lungs left her in a whimper and she sank to her knees, pulling her lover to her. " Nessie." she whispered, gathering the smaller woman in her arms. She struggled to her feet. Anyssa was not heavy but Bree found it difficult to breathe. It felt like she had swallowed a rock, and couldn't get it down or up. She felt nauseous. She couldn't believe what was happening.

Finally, she kicked the door back open and stumbled out onto the deck, mostly clear of living threats by then.

" Someone help!" she shouted to her crew, praying one of them could staunch Anyssa's blood as it poured down Bree's left leg, warm and thick. " For the love of God, someone help!"

The Queen is back and rocking out.

Queen of Awesome
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Horror, Fantasy, Love
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)

The stench of gunpowder and blood was thick in her nostrils. It was creating havoc with the butterflies in her stomach, threatening to cause what little breakfast she had managed to grab earlier to be expelled in a most un-lady like manner. Trying to stop her fingers from shaking as she held the rifle the way Alvidia had shown her below deck was becoming an impossible task. The end of the rifle was wavering as she held it in front of her.

She was convinced that she would be unable to pull the trigger and would soon become just another corpse on the deck at any moment. Watching as deck hand and pirate alike locked into fierce battles for control of either ship. The sounds of the cannons roaring in her ears so loudly that it seemed as if the entire world was suddenly devoid of sound, only to come crashing back with amazing clarity when her hearing cleared. The overwhelming sounds of swords clashing, people screaming, dyeing, gunshots were almost too much to bear.

Sliding along the side of the deck, trying to stay away from some of more intense battles being waged she watched as the pirates were quickly cutting a large path through the crew of the English ship, almost unhindered. The English ship was quickly becoming outnumbered by the shear ruthlessness of the pirates. With savage passion the pirates were cutting the members of the other crew down at a furious rate. The pirate cries continuing to ring out loudly as their victory was becoming ever more apparent.

She had almost breathed a sigh of relief when she felt a hand grab her shoulder from behind, “Hey….what are you doing here!?” said a graveled male voice. Fear caused her to instinctively pull her shoulder away from his grasp and throw herself forward. She turned quickly, and without even considering who was speaking, without a second thought, she felt her fingers pull the trigger.

The gun exploded, rocking into her shoulder hard, almost knocking the breath from her with the impact. The explosion ripped through his upper chest and neck area. She screamed in horror as the blood from his wound splattered across her face, her clothing, covering her in his gore.

The explosion had torn an enormously large hole in his neck. She watched in horror as his mouth worked feverishly trying to speak, to ask her what happened. His head falling backward, neck no longer able to support it. His hands outstretched in her direction, trying to grab her still, as she took another step back, away from his fingers. Her eyes riveted to his, as his face slowly in shock registered what had happened. What she had done. She brought her fingers to her lips in revulsion, watching as his body collapsed on the deck dead before he was fully on the floor. Her eyes like a magnet, automatically drawn to the large and spreading pool of blood underneath him, his eyes frozen open, staring at nothing.

She raced backwards away from the body, turning almost directly into the melee on the deck to see the Captain looking very distraught and screaming for help holding the limp and lifeless body of Anyssa. Her body shaking and refusing to look down at her now blood covered clothing, she grabbed the rifle and headed to the Captain.

Later, I will think about what I did, later…. she whispered to herself, wiping her face with her sleeve. Knowing that she had to focus on something else and not let the scream that was bubbling below the surface out. Instinctively knowing that if she did allow a scream to escape she probably might not stop.

Ducking low, trying to avoid as much fighting as possible, she scurried across the deck and reached the Captain, dropping her gun, “What happened Mistress? Are you hurt?” She said. Seeing all the blood on the pair, it was hard at first to determine who had been injured.

Realizing that the blood was all from Anyssa, she felt the blood drain from her face. “She’s lost a lot of blood, mistress, we need to move her safe place and stop the blood flow.” Tearing off her sleeve, she pressed her already bloodied hands against the large wound in the woman. Watching as it soaked quickly soaked through. “What happened to her?” pressing to hold the blood from flowing. "Put your hands here, with mine" hoping it would be enough.
    Spoiler: Looking for a Roleplay? Just click it! 

Help us Help you! Vote for RPA -Daily!

~RPA's Lady of Peace~
    Upon the whispering winds and in a state of total confusion
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Anything and everything with the exception of horror
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Alvidia had been watching the events as they unfurled around her and had heard the Captains command " Alvidia," Bree snapped the order out " Take Margaret and check below deck for anyone or anything of value."

The words faded across the ocean as all hell was breaking loose on board the Navigator. Alvidia saw Margaret putting to use the few things Alvidia had shown her earlier and was glad that the mini lesson had been useful in helping to keep Margaret alive during the whole bloody damn mess even as Alvidia had needed to raise her own musket and take care of the nearest threat.

Within moments things had gone from bad to worse as Bree carried the first mate on to the deck crying hysterically for help. Margaret was the first to move to the captains side. Alvidia looked on, sickened by the sight. There was little that she could do to help and there were already enough of hands on Anyssa by that time. The only thing that she could do was follow Brees order and go rummaging below deck. Fancy fine British ship like this Alvidia figured maybe she would get lucky and find someone scared from all of the gunshot hiding below decks that might be able to help the first mate.

And pigs fly...Alvidia thought to herself as she carefully went below decks on guard, looking, and listening. Alvidia continued moving below decks using extreme caution and as she neared the brig she heard a voice. When she was close enough she could see a man behind bars. Oh but this was not just any man. Alvidia had been involved in the pirate world all of her life in some form or another and she knew a pirate when she saw one.

Leaning against the door casually and glancing in the bars to the big burly man inside while still watching for any other danger which now appeared to being maintained on deck. Alvidia said in that slow pirate voice of hers "Well now then stangah, it do be lookin' like quite the predicament you done did gone and gotten yerself inta." Alvidia turned to get a better look at the pirate who seemed to remind her of someone though she couldn't quite put her finger on it. Propping her foot against the wall and tapping her foot against it slowly with her boot she continued with a light laugh as she flashed her brilliant smile "Care ta tells me how ye went an' did that, sir?"

There's nothing more deadly than slow growing fear...
    Spoiler: Mysti's random stuff and shoutouts. 

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678