Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reasons of Magick: Caelum [M]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Reasons of Magick: Caelum [M]

((Rated M for sexual innuendo and sexual references coupled with gross languages and... other things. >.>))

What is magic?

The embodiment of one's soul taking physical form, or the mind creating a false image that imprints itself onto the cornea a thousand-fold times? Perhaps it's from heavy drinking that we decide where magic comes from? Or may, just maybe; it's the base elements in the air reacting with someone's personal electromagnetic field that covers their body as an invisible aura? The reasons for magic are many, but there is only one true reason. Old beings know this reason, and command the most powerful, the most domineering arcane scriptures to date. They can change the will of magic of others and force it to submit to them and them only, making the magician a slave. However, these Old ones are scare and seldom seen. Some meld into society and become the community, others hole up in towers to study old books; and some others harbor the attitude to conquer.

Welcome to Caelum, kingdom of Tyrrin the Murderous.

The capital of Westeryin is home to the most battles and fights and homicides in the world. People are constantly present at the square in the market district, battling it out to see who has the more in-tune understanding of magic; all to win the favor of the king they know has his eye on them. Why not serve Tyrrin, the most permanent, the most immortal, and the most powerful of all magicians? He led to riches.

He also led to the slavery of your mind. All soldiers and magicians under his control are mere puppets under his command. They shit when he allows them once a month. They piss when he decides they've ingested enough urine. They jump when he says to walk to the edge of the tower.

Such is the slavery of magic.

Undercover, however, is a group that seeks to end this king's reign. No longer do they care of divine right, but look upon the throne as something that must be won with blade and soul. Someone within the group is able to shield their offices from King Tyrrin, an expert at disguise and espionage. He recruits young men and women he feels have met the status of a resistance member. He stands alone although his group is expanding.

------------------

Magic system:

There isn't a type of element or any of that sort. Your magic is as powerful as the understanding of magic your character has. It changes with their understanding. For instance, one that reserves the mind as the reason magic exists would be able to cast illusions. One that believes magic exists because their electromagnetic aura enflames the base element sin the air can produce fire or make the earth shake. Come up with interesting reasons. From making people laugh to illicit an arcane response all the way to flashing people with nudity.

------------------

Races Allowed:

Humanoid beings.

What I mean by this is no wholly animal being. I don't want a dog walking around like a blundering idiot, it makes no sense. Things that walk on TWO legs and look HUMAN. They don't have to be human per say. Elves, orcs, goblins, etc.

Vampires - Answer me why you need to be one when there's magic about.

------------------

Rules:

Forum rules.

------------------

Character Sheet -

Name:

Birthdate:

Race:

Appearance: (Picture or written)

Magic: (The reason yours works)

Biography:

-----------------------

I could use someone who'd like to be King Tyrrin, too. Otherwise, I'll control him as well.

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Dark, Comedy, Sci-fi, High Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Name: Kendrick
    Birthdate: 25 years previous from now to the day, for all eternity.
    Race: Elf
    Appearance:
    Magic: Kendrick believes magic works through the auras of each individual being. Each person and animal, even plants have their each individual aura. The stronger or weaker, or even old a being or thing gets, it aura becomes more powerful. But, as the body declines with age, the aura declines aswell. If that being is able to weild his aura, he can cast powerful forces into motion, shifting the air, liquids, fire, and earth. You can also imbue each of these things with special qualities by shifting their aura a certain way, such as removing the impurities from water.

Biography:Kendrick was born the normal way. his parents and siblings were wood elves. They lived among the forsts until the slavers came. They were swift, charging in on horses, slaughtering all they saw. Kendrick watche din horror as they raped his mother and sisters, and killed his father and brothers. He watched until it was to much, and he broke. He saw the auras for the first time, and crushed the slavers with the weight of the sins on their hearts. He literally crushed their hearts. When all was said and done, Kendrick's family was dead, and he vowed to use his new powers only to help, though the interpretation if 'help' is bendable. you can 'help' someone by killing someone that is going to kill them afterall.

((Ava/Sig set by Mystress of Souls!))

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Accepted.

1Cor 13:1-8

Mentioned
    125 Post(s)

This looks like a great game. Why not submit it for Roleplay of the Week or put it in the Roleplaying Games Directory or click here to help attract players?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wow Naz, you've really got your position down. O.O *blinkblink*

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Name: Maximilian Gar (assumed name)

Birth-date: Remember, remember the 4'th of November (so very close)

Race: Human

Occupation: Wandering Badass (well alright, unemployed... but that sounds so much less epic.)

Appearance:
    Spoiler: Let me know if this isn't acceptable. It's just, nothing and nobody else jumped to mind when I was writing the bio for this guy... 

Magic: Magic is other people. And no, that's not some pithy little motivational slogan or anything; in Max's eyes this is the very literal truth. The adoration of fans, the thrill of the crowd, all of the eyes and the spirits moving with him, cheering for him; it makes him faster, stronger, more badass. Those that can keep the people on their side can do things that no ordinary man could, provided they do it in such a way that doesn't let the public down. To tell the truth, Max doesn't think too much about his ideology as he fights. He just does things the only way he knows how: loud, flashy, un-ignorable and completely awesome. The crowd will always be at his back.

Biography: Born to the last proud warrior of a long dead race, Max has long been destined to bring down an ancient evil, resurrected by an evil clan of dark mages. Well, maybe not... In truth, he's the inheritor of a powerful and long-standing school of martial arts, on a quest to hone his skills against increasingly powerful opponents. Well, maybe not that either. Max is REALLY a member of a secret underground organization, seeking to overthrow the government. Well, perhaps someday.

To tell the truth, Max is a man of fairly boring origins and a million and one stories. His history is multiple choice, perhaps even more open than that. He just chooses whatever best fits the situation.
    Been gone for... Forever. Good to be back though!

Sorry to everyone that I was talking with before I disappeared >_<

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Accepted. =P Picture is epic. lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'll get started on a character tonight, hopefully.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Gotcha.

=P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I will start on my sheet as soon as I can think of a way to use my power and a good picture...Also for the picture what kind? Real/Anime/or sort of inbetweenish.
    Counter Strike: Source
    Live Loud, Live Free, Live Proudly....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast