Thread: Firefly: The Browncoat Revival [M]

Imperfectly Impossible
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Hmm...Fantasy with a twinge of maturation. I'll throwdown in the arena too
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Default Firefly: The Browncoat Revival [M]

A breeze swept through the scene kicking up the tiniest bit of dust between the standoff. The two groups stood facing each other guns drawn, fingers at the ready but none willing to make the first move. Five Alliance uniforms stood with a man in casual attire on one side and on the other what clearly appeared to be a crew of the Firefly class ship behind them.

'So you were spying the whole time....trying to verify the claims. To find out whether we really had what we said we did.'

'Guilty as charged Captain, heh. I suppose I don't have to call you that anymore do I? We are just doing our duty, the same way you feel you are doing yours. We just on opposite sides is all. You are trying to rip wide open the little leaks that have started since the Miranda incident, and we? Well we are just trying to stop the leaks before the become a problem.'

His head turned to look at his fellow Alliance comrades and the shooting began. The gunshots mixed with the sounds of death cries and the dust stirred all the more as people jolted around trying to find cover. The whole incident lasted only minutes the splitting noise finally broke into silence. The silence stayed, lingering not quite ready to move on but eventually a rustle, then a footstep, a sigh of relief.

'I think we got them all Cap'n....Cap'n? Cap'n! CAPTAIN!?!!'

--------------------

Beaumonde, a planet heavily devoted to the running of factories and plants. Perhaps considered by some to be industrialization's perfect example. Almost all cityscape was eclipsed by the thick haze that constantly was pushed out from the factories. It was a place of routine, clockwork, the punching in and out of time cards, keeping things in working condition, but something was different about today.

Just outside a city in the more rural area one could see a small gathering, maybe twenty people. The huddled around a small open grave and the casket that lay beside it. Most we crying or sobbing, clearly grieving the loss of the dead man. One man in the group however had the faintest curl in his lips. His freckled face and dark skin contrast with everyone else in the group and his attire quickly distinguished himself as a shepherd.

With a few long strides he stood by the grave side and began speaking. It was quite typical to what would be commonly said but as he looked from person to person he couldn't help but have the same familiar thought spring back to his mind.

I hate funerals...everyone takes time and effort to remember the dead as someone that should be missed. How kind they sometimes were, or nice, people only try to remember the good things because if they were to take in everything they'd realize that this man had death coming to him...just like we all do....

...I wonder what is going to happen to that ship, it looks like it is need of repairs...hhhmmm, maybe I've found my next ride.

When the funeral concluded Shepherd Gus meandered to closer to the group and made his presence known with a question.

'I don't mean to pry but am quite curious as to what will happen to the late captain's ship.'

'Well Shepherd that is what we was just discussin'. After what happ'ned ain't none of us real interested in the old thing. Think we are about decided on selling it to whoever is willin' to pay the most. We gots a confession though, maybe you can pardon us bein' real close to you know who and all.'

The man leaned in close to Gus' ear and the smell of liquor strongly flooded from his mouth. He even put up his hand to cover his mouth as he spoke into the shepherd's ear.

'...so you see, there is actually some priddy 'portant things that we wuz deliverin' to a small collection of Browncoats. We gots a bit to heroic in it all and well you see what happ'ned to the cap'n. I always said we should just stay with stealin' simple things.'

The shepherd's eyebrows raised and he pulled away quickly reaching out his hand and putting it on the man's shoulder. With a smile and nod he only affirmed the relief that the man's face expressed when Gus spoke.

'Don't worry my son, you're forgiven. Perhaps I could even help you find a buyer, I'm heading into the city anyway. That is if I could ask for a small favor in return.'

--------------

The haze was thick in the city, you could feel it against your face as you walked the streets. The heavy smog did little to make the part of town Gus was in seem any homelier. Soon his eyes caught the flash read letters of a bar and made his way for the door.

The doors opened and the tall dark figure strode in with a quick motion giving his jacket to the bouncer. The thick bouncer looked him over with a strange look but decided it wasn't his place to judge a shepherd. Gus made his way quickly to a bar stool and sat down taking little time before speaking up quite loudly to the bartender.

'Just got done a funeral, and turns out it was a captain of a old firefly class ship. The ship definitely needs some work but instead of the man's friends and family fixing it they are just going to sell it to whoever gives them a good offer. Can you believe that? No loyalty to the departed captain's legacy, just want to make a quick profit. Well anyway, if you know anyone barkeep that might be interested I'd be happy help point them in the right direction...oh and may I get a water, its quite dry with that smog and dust outside.'

A few moments later Gus turned to face the crowd scoping out to see if anyone was going to approach him or if there was anyone that looked like they could be convinced into buy the vessel. He took a quick drink from his glass letting the cold liquid quench his dry throat. The two chunks of ice swirled about in his glass as his eyes scanned over the room.

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

"Shun-SHENG duh gao-WAHN," Sasha grinned, leaning back. "Did you hear what that Shepard said, Val?"

Val nodded, taking a sip of her beer.

"I don't like it," Dima growled, balling up his large fist. "He wanted people to hear."
    "Of course he wanted people to hear," Alexandra said, laying her hand over his fist, then turned to Val. "But let's face it, it's an opportunity for us. If you buy the ship, then we don't have to be constantly looking for a job."
    "Don't wanna be captain," Val muttered.
    "Sorry, did you want something honey?" a waitress asked.
    "At last! Sasha grinned hugely. "A dozen margaritas and don't skimp on the lime!"
    "Beer," Dima growled.
    "I wouldn't mind a white wine spritzer," Alexandra sighed.
    "S'nothing," Val said to the waitress. "I'm fine."
    "Ok, you tell me if you need something!" the waitress said, glancing at the girl sitting alone at the table. "Are friends joining you later?"
    "Something like that," Val muttered.
    "Ask her if she's seen that Sheppard before!" Alexandra hissed in her ear.
    "There is one thing," Val said. "That Shepard at the bar, he been in here before?"
    "Honey, they just hired me today."
    "Thanks, anyway," Val shrugged, slipping a small tip to the waitress as she got up and walked over to the bar, eying the Shepard as he turned around.

"I want to see the ship," she told him. "If it's in good shape, maybe we can make a deal."
    Last edited by Enigma; 06-26-2012 at 01:17 AM.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Near the Halo Ring by the Omega 4 Relay with the other Power Rangers
    D&D, Sci-fi, realistic ones, and ones with a video game twist.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just after landing on Beaumonde, Jacob didn't waste time stripping the ship he swipped out from under his former crew of their belongings, selling them along with the ship. The ship was good, but slow, didn't have much of a inside, nothing in the way of weapons, and it shook when ingaged in heavy flight or entering or exiting the atmo of any planet. He tried fixing it but that never got anywhere. After a few hours, the items were out of his hands and he found himself a nice little hotel room for the time being. Deciding to take in the local flavor, he headed down to a bar and once he entered, he heard someone say... "....a old firefly class ship. The ship definitely needs some work but instead of the man's friends and family fixing it they are just going to sell it to whoever gives them a good offer. Can you believe that? No loyalty to the departed captain's legacy, just want to make a quick profit...."

The rest was a blur to him, he didn't listen to the rest, nor did he fairly listen to the bouncer and what was said. Jacob just walked right in and before he could say anything to the gentleman that was speaking about a ship up for sell, a female cut in. "I want to see the ship, if it's in good shape, maybe we can make a deal." He approached from the side of the female but in a respectful way so he wouldn't get socked in the face for any reason. As the lady finished, Jacob added. "A deal containin a pilot up for hire that can do any mechanic work to get her in the rutting sky?" What he added was addressed to both the man and the women as he spoke those words, looking back and forth between them. "Not to mention, I can pitch in with some coin if need be." He hoped he wouldn't get shoot down right off the bat, hence his offer to pay for part of the ship if needed. 'I did make a nice peck off that ship....I could help....I know I can help.'
    Last edited by NecroNama; 06-27-2012 at 08:33 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Tasty Lass such as yourself shouldn't be all alone without a chaperone." The man smelled of whiskey and despite the fact she clearly held a gun in her coat pocket he was attempting to harass her. Bobbi sighed heavily before putting the gun back in its holster. She bunched up the clothe around her wrist and used it to push him away not desiring to touch his warm wet skin. The man staggered away in a drunken stupor. Bobbi walked over to the nearest ship which happened to be a Firefly class ship. "These things are still in use? I thought most were scrapped after the rebellion." Bobbi kept her voice low and shuffled past the ship into a tavern nearby. She stopped by the door when she heard a man shout from within.

'-The ship definitely needs some work but instead of the man's friends and family fixing it they are just going to sell it to whoever gives them a good offer. Can you believe that? No loyalty to the departed captain's legacy, just want to make a quick profit. Well anyway, if you know anyone barkeep that might be interested I'd be happy help point them in the right direct-'

Bobbi exhaled sharply. This was her chance to get off this rock. She walked in and seated herself next to the man who was talking before. She glanced at him momentarily before putting 1 platinum on the counter.

The bartender handed her a drink, Bobbi took a look before adding another platinum to the man behind the counter and pushed the drink back. The bartender frowned and drew his hand underneath the counter to draw out a decanter of significant age. She motioned for him to leave the bottle before dropping another three platinum in front of him.

"Shepard, Is that Firefly nearby truly for auction?"

Imperfectly Impossible
    Hmm...Fantasy with a twinge of maturation. I'll throwdown in the arena too
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Gus hid his wryly smile as he was approached at the bar. Before he could speak to the first another had interjected, and then another. Finding the pause he cleared his throat and spoke up answering the questions.

'Well, well looks like there is some interest after all. I am more than capable to take you to see the ship but I am not the one to be making deals with heh. I don't see any reason why you can't pool resources together either.'

Taking a breath he turned from the two and looked down the bar to the other lady who spoke up.

'Yes, its very true that the Firefly is for sale. I'm quite sure that those selling it aren't even asking a price just taking the best offer.'

His smile managed to peek through as he stood up and paid the barkeep. He turned back to the two and beckoned them to follow. Reaching the door he tapped his forehead and looked back to see who was following him.

'How silly of me, I am Shepherd Gus. Glad to meet you all, might I ask who you are before I take you to the ship?'

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

"Val Bakhvalova," Valentina said, the lie that was her name flowing easily from long practice.

"He wasn't your father," Sasha said, leaning forward. "He was just one of the guards."
    "Sasha, don't be rude!" Alexandra scolded. "He was like a father! He gave her attention and presents at Christmas."
    "Wuh duh ma huh tah duh fong kwong duh wai shung! How do any of us know what a father is like?" Sasha retorted, waving his hands in the air. "We grew up in a lab surrounded by scientists and trainers!"
    "You're upsetting her," Dima growled.

"I'm alright," Val muttered to herself, then blushed. "Uh, how are you? Is it far?"
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Near the Halo Ring by the Omega 4 Relay with the other Power Rangers
    D&D, Sci-fi, realistic ones, and ones with a video game twist.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Jacob followed the others, thinking to himself. 'Why don't I just buy the ship? I mean I gots enough coin for it and could get it off the ground faster then anyone of them....' It took him a quick few seconds to think about himself as a 'captain' on a ship when he was just a pilot of the last crew he was on. 'It would make for a nice change of pace.....and I do have a few contacts from my last crew that could come in handy. Thats it Jack, you talk a mean game, your going to bid on the ship.' He smiled as he nearly walked into the people infront of him that were following the shepherd. 'How silly of me, I am Shepherd Gus. Glad to meet you all, might I ask who you are before I take you to the ship?' Jacob just stood by for a second and sarcasticly pressed his finger into the side of his head a few times then replied. "I'm a pilot slash mechanic that is interested in'a ship that you say is for sale. Thats all you are gonna know for now Shepherd...." 'Not too fond of Shepherds....I've seen many a person get all figity around them....'

(ooc : sorry for my post being short, they are normally longer and in better detail)