Page 1 of 134 12351 ... LastLast

Thread: Legend of Korra Inspired RP (OOC)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Legend of Korra Inspired RP (OOC)

IC

If you're familiar with Avatar and/or the Legend of Korra, then you can skip over the basic world introduction and move on to the plot introduction. If not, read on:

Spoiler: World Introduction 

Plot Introduction

Twenty years ago, Korra lost her bending to Amon in a duel. While the Equalist leader spared the Avatar's life, she began to waste away and died just over a year later. In this nineteen year span, no new Avatar has been found. Amon is dead as well, and his young son tries desperately to lead the army he was left with, though he cannot take away bending like his father.

A school has been set up in Republic City known as Siang Wang Academy, which accepts talented benders and non-benders alike to make them great warriors. Its true goal, however, is to find the Avatar. The Academy sends out search parties to find the Avatar, and tests each student for their potential to master more than one element. These methods have lead to some students being able to learn more than one element, though these students are rare, and they never fully master their secondary element.

This RP will focus on a group of students sent out to search for the Avatar. These students will be challenged by the Equalists, bending gangs, and several other groups who are against the return of the Avatar. A few among them will be non-benders, some dual-benders, and the rest benders.

Do keep in mind, however, that dual-benders cannot master both of their elements. If your "learned" element is fire, you cannot create lightning. If it is earth, you cannot metal-bend.

I will be hoping that someone wants to play Amon's son, but if not, I will make a CS for him, and it would be nice to have some characters not from the Academy (a Pro Bender or two, maybe an ex-Equalist or a street urchin). Be creative with your sheets!

If you're interested, please leave a comment. I've got a little more planned, and time to answer questions. Here is a CS skeleton in case you have a character already planned:

Name:
    Age (12-20):
    Element(s)/Weapon:
    Appearance (Text and/or anime image):
    Personality:
    Bio:

Here are my characters, just as a rough guide.

Spoiler: Kesuk 

Spoiler: Akane 

Character List:

Drew- Baratheon

Min- Sprinkles

Aelos Faleon- TheDoctor

Mai Sheng- Rinai

Bumi- valkoordb

Tenso Chouro- Zatory-Master

Lala Xun-Yang- Tick-Toxic

Nira Musso- MaskofSilence

Akira Tsukiko- iFluffy

Lenette- Extraordinaire.

Nanami Kaze- Cutekitty150

NOTE: This RP is currently closed, but PM me if you think you'd like to create one non-bender. This RP is OFFICIALLY closed to benders. Thanks you guys.
    Last edited by Ketsora; 05-15-2012 at 02:53 AM.
    RPs You May Appreciate, Who Knows?:

Stairway to Heaven (Mature, Post-Apocalyptic):
    https://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28994

The Demigod Project (Sci-Fi):
    https://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28854

"You can't deprive him of the French Revolution!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Name: Drew
    Age (12-20): 16
    Place of Birth: Republic City
    Element(s)/Weapon: a Bow and Arrows(nonbender)
    Appearance (Text and/or anime image):

Personality: He can't bend any elements, so he trains really hard with his bow. In an effort to be seen as equal to the benders, Drew usually is the first one to charge into a fight. Has a very rash personality, which usually gets him into sticky situations.

Bio: Drew is the son of a janitor at Siang Wang Academy, and has seen firsthand the way in which benders would mock his father, that his father would never be better than the benders. This drives Drew to eventually join the school and he strives to prove to everyone that even non-benders can become excellent warriors.
    He uses a bow that he made himself, carved into the wood is a very intricate flame design. He also purchases explosive arrows and only uses them sparingly since he can't always afford to replace them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I'll post a CS here tomorrow! But right now I'm extremely tired.
    "If you are what you eat, then does that mean Voldemort is a unicorn?"
    "If that's the case, that means Voldemort is a horny Death Eater."

"Shh. . . . Do you hear that? That's the sound of forgiveness."
    "That's the sound of people drowing, Carl."
    "That's what forgiveness sounds like: screaming and then silence."

"Friendship is two pals muching on a well-cooked face together."

"Oh, that was a foot - I've appear to have swallowed an entire person."
    "That would be the hotel bar-tender."
    "Well, that explains why my Mijito is taking so long."
    "It was horrifying - your mouth unhinged like a snake."
    "Wow, that sounds pretty awesome."

"I want to go home - we're leaving."
    "In that case, I should probably mention I filled our luggage with orphan meat."
    "Wh-what?!"
    "Well, I'm building a Meat Drag and not just any meat will do."

A Dandy Guy in Space
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Bark
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I'll join Ketsora, I got my last exam tomorrow and I can set up a CS after that! And I would love to be either a firebender or a dual fire and airbender

Thanks to Karma for the dandiest set
    Spoiler: RPs I'm in 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sure thing, Doctor! I'll be looking forward to your CS as well as DuskingMorning's.

Drew is accepted, and I will make a character list pronto.

Fantasy, Sci Fi, Horror, Steampunk, Western
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Looks like a fun game . If you'd like, you can submit it for Roleplay of the Week or put it in the Roleplaying Games Directory or click here to help attract players!

Free Editing

Spoiler: The show must go on. 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have two questions, are the White Lotus still around, and would it be out of line to ask if I could be the Avatar? Cause I was thinking of being one or the other and I should probably ask before doing either.
    Name: Min
    Age (12-20): 19
    Place of Birth: Omashu
    Element(s)/Weapon: Earthbending
    Appearance:

Personality: Proud and stubborn, Min has pride in her abilities, and has somewhat old-fashioned view of things such as seeing pro-bending as a degradation of bending and preferring the older training techniques to newer forms. She is equally as stubborn with her friends, if she considers you a friend there's little arguing with her, and if something threatens you she stand between you and it for as long as she needs to.

Bio: Min was born among The Order of the White Lotus with the rise of the Equalists this meant she was mostly isolated from the rest of the world. Also with Amon ruling they were unable to administer the tests that would have identified her as the new Avatar, she's never known of this and it's doubtful that any of her mentors do either. Regardless of this she's had a good life, living among the White Lotus has given her some of the best Earthbending training available, and she was educated in the other areas by some of the wisest men and women on the planet, and she was very well loved by her friends and family. While her life was good, she knows she has a higher purpose, and as an adult she moved to Republic City hoping to find the purpose, with some support from local members of The Order and with the wages she makes using her Earthbending in construction she is carving out a nice life, though a recent streak of bad dreams may change that.
    Last edited by Lord Tully; 05-12-2012 at 02:26 AM.
    Spoiler: sorry but I have some bad news 

Made for me by the wonderful AliceMalice15

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The White Lotus is around still, but I would say it is very small and society more or less views it as a group of die-hard fanatics. You could make a member or the Avatar (or both) if you wish. It is whatever you'd prefer to play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Okay, I need clarification. So, you said a duel bender can't master their secondary element. So, does that mean that even with a secondary element they can master their primary element?

Also, if I had a non-academy(totally want to make a bro bending jackass character) bender would they be able to know two bending styles?

Third, do you have any specific ideas for his son? If so, could you share them with me (if) I was perhaps considered a possible candidate to have him[This is if we are allowed to have two characters.... Because I really just want a pro-bender that's just a raging jackass... It makes me smile/giggle a little just thinking of the wonderful greatness that could come of it.)

A Dandy Guy in Space
    Bark
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

raging jackasses FTW.

Thanks to Karma for the dandiest set
    Spoiler: RPs I'm in 

Page 1 of 134 12351 ... LastLast