It's the year 1979, and the world is in a state of great distress. And it's not just the Muggle world that's in trouble, it's the wizarding world that's also in great danger. A dark wizard has risen through many obstacles and has managed to become one of the most powerful wizards there ever was. His name? Well, those who knew him when he was a child know him as Tom Marvolo Riddle. But those who have only just heard of him know him as Lord Voldemort.
Lord Voldemort now travels throughout Britain, his army of evil wizards growing with each passing day. His followers are known as Death Eaters. They seek to gain power, much power, and they kill anybody who crosses their path - man, woman, child, Muggle, witch, or wizard - to them it doesn't matter, for if you stand in their way, they will destroy you.
However, there are magical folk who, despite the power Lord Voldemort has and the knowledge that if they were to be caught by the Death Eaters or Voldemort himself they would be killed, defy the Dark Lord. For the some time though, these people were silenced, not wanting to risk speaking out and being killed, but then one day, everything changed because of one single wizard.
Albus invited (in secret, of course) many powerful witches and wizards whom defied Lord Voldemort to join a secret organization: The Order of the Phoenix. The sole purpose of this organization was to create an army of people to fight against Lord Voldemort and his followers and to make the both worlds safe once more. This is where you come in.
You recieved a letter from Albus Dumbledore out of the blue one day. You were curious as to why such a powerful wizard (and the Headmaster at Hogwarts) would be writing you, but you were happy all the same. So, a bit apprehensively, you opened the envelope and read the letter:
We wizards and witches are all aware of the growing power of Lord Voldemort. If we do not do something, he is only going to create more havoc and many more lives will be lost. Which is why I need you.
I am creating a secret organization: The Order of the Phoenix. I want you to join me. I understand if you do not wish to put yourself in such danger, and I respect your choice, so, if you are not interested, then I stress to you, do not keep reading. However, if you are interested, this is what I need you to know: You were chosen because I feel like you are extremely talented and powerful and that you would be a vital member to have join the Order.
If you are ready to join me and many other witches and wizards, please meet me at 12 Grimmauld Place this Friday evening, June 22. I will be expecting you no later than five o'clock that evening. Keep this in mind: By showing up, you are telling me that you understand the risks you are taking and the danger you are putting yourself in.
(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock,
Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)
You slowly refolded the letter. He wanted you as part of the Order? The question is: Do you want to be part of the Order?
All righty people, we're all very smart here, so I don't think were going to have much of an issue following these rules. Besides, I don't plan on putting up a bunch of rules (yay!). Okay, here we go!
1. What I say goes, all right? Though I'm not very picky, so we should have no problems!
2. Now, while this roleplay is focused on the Order of the Phoenix, we will be looking into parts for the Death Eaters and Lord Voldemort. What does this mean you may wonder? It means we'll need some evil people! So, when I get to the character sheet and the original characters, I will have options for people to control evil people (like Lord Voldemort).
3. Nothing to sexual. PG-13 is as rique as it can get, okay?
4. No power-playing, god-modding, flaming, ect. If I see this, Seamus will come back in time and blow your character up. And I really don't want that to happen, so yeah. Just don't do that stuff.
5. If you're going to be away for a while, let me know. Or if you're experiencing writer's block, or just having trouble getting on the computer long enough to respond, just tell me! If you let me know in advance, I won't feel the need to have Seamus blow you up. That being said, we will not stop the roleplay if you're gone, so you may fall behind.
6. Grammar, spelling, and post length. Okay, well, good grammar and spelling please! I don't mind if you slip up once or twice in the post (lord knows I do that all the time), because we're all human (or, most of us are), so mistakes happen. And at least two well written paragraphs (five sentences each). However, if you're like me and make one paragraph really long (and well written), and you don't have much else to say, one paragraph is totally acceptable! Oh, and use detail!
7. If you have more than one character, whether you're doing a seperate post for each one(try not to do this), or you're doing one post for all your characters, just type the name of the character before you start writing their part.
As Albus sat in 12 Grimmauld Place awaiting the arrival of those witches and wizards who accepted his invitation, his thoughts began to travel far away to his past, something he rarely liked to venture into.)
Obviously the post would be a lot longer, but you guys get the point. right?
8. Keep OOC things in the OOC and out of the IC. I don't care if we fill this up with random stuff, but the IC is for roleplaying only.
9. Please stay active and have fun!
10. Oh, one more thing! Since this is about the first time the Order was together, there is no Harry, Ron, Hermione, Neville, or, sadly, Seamus. So don't mention them. PLEASE don't mention them.
As the GM, I may change the rules, so check back here once in a while to check for changes in the rules!
UPDATE:I'm looking for one or two co-GMs to take over this roleplay while I'm on vacation for a few weeks. PM me if you're interested.