Role Play Status: Currently Open and Recruiting~!
((I'm just getting this baby started, so don't worry if I have lots of inaccuracies of Japanese Mythology--and sorry guys. For those that are turned off by the enormous amount of anime, I apologize but this was pretty much all I could find that looked decent. I'm totally fine if you post real-life or drawings that look like real-life; you'll amaze me!))
THE FOLLOWING ROLE PLAY WILL BE RATED M FOR POTENTIALLY HARMFUL SCENES, BLOODSHED, GORE, SEXUAL REFERENCES, AND DEATH. Please do not consider joining if you cannot take such references.
In the world of the distant future, ruins and skeletons decorated the streets. It was the year of 2300, and the ancient land of Choga was living in awesome prosperity. Youkai, vampires and other humans lived in harmony. Many of them celebrated many secular events that were used to be banned in the Feudal period. Mikos (Shrine maidens) cherished the youkai everywhere. New, evolved species came about the land, and everyone was promised a happy life betwixt each other.
One species in particular, the Shinigami (Death Gods), worked to preserve the dead. Many of the national Shinigami were proclaimed "Guardians of Death" and had since carried on this role. The otherworldly Shinigami were known as "The Gods of Death." The Gods worked together to place the dead in their designated places. The Shinigami are NOT immortal, but they do, however, have an extension to life. They can die by getting cut up or getting sick.
The Yama, the Judge of the Court, declared a destination in the afterlife for the convicted spirits. The Yamas gave orders to their Shinigami, and told them what to do. Yamas were to watch the pairs and ensure that Shinigami did their jobs. The Yama and the Gods always have their final say of fates. The Yama in Japan is called "Enma" such as "Judge Fern"="Enma Fern".
Shikigami, on the other hand, are very different. Still, many human monks feared them for being "evil messengers". They were to serve their masters just like the many human and pure-blood wizards of Choga. Some Shikigami are able to make their own Shikigami from papers and other crazy things. Many Shikigami work as monks who pray to the Gods of Choga. Others prefer to cause trouble with their army of demons around their sides.
Everlasting dreams and fates should have brought some happiness and sadness to the land. An abundance of love was brought to the land by a youkai named Faucette. The youkai first made her presence as a maiden in 2018. The youkai children loved to play with the maiden as she herded her own farms as she sang beautifully. She brought wisdom and peace to Choga, providing them Earthly gifts to everyone she met. She kept the children in company, and began treating humans with respect.
By 2093, humans began taking advantage of the beautiful maiden. They treated her like she could give them anything. The kind humans began to get their own things and only wanted advice once in a while. After three years, she finally rejected their offers peacefully. Faucette then began to beat herself up with abundant sleep, abundant drinking, and cursing herself with illnesses. Her negativity continued for a year until a human came to visit with obvious worry. The youkai appeared close to her death as the human arrived to her home. He apologized for what the residents of Choga did, and asked for something to do. The human began giving Faucette medicines and herbs to get better.
By 2100, it was time for Faucette to be sealed. Faucette's anger in being sealed was vented passively as she continued to give and receive. As the anger welled in her, she exhibited unthinkable behavior. She began to scare little children away from her home, and would burn down the homes of other youkai. Angry at what the humans planned, Faucette stopped helping all humans and youkai. With that, she didn't do anything, and was the first humanoid youkai to die of a natural cause.
As one Shinigami named Skrell went to take the girl to the Victim's Court to be sent to Hell, he was suddenly stopped by an evil demon, who viciously mutilated the dead youkai by violently slashing her up. Her blood was like the river valley that was left untouched by the hands of other Shinigami. Angered by this, Skrell began to rue the demons someday. He told the Yama, which was Enma Draco. Draco Tretyakov, the current Yama of Choga, noticed something wrong. The youkai was too bloodied up, but he saw nothing wrong in her heart to be in that condition. Draco knew she was a good lady to be suffering in such places.
As a result, he then took sincere revenge on the demons by threatening them death. Hearing of the ideas, the demons began to cut up the bodies of other innocents. The demons then began to possess the innocent bodies forcing them to do their bidding. Some shikigami that thought bad of human/youkai unity sided with the demons to destroy the human race. By January 13, 2256, Skrell passed away and gave his trusty scythe to his long-lasting daughter, Chiyori. Chiyori then began to row the convicted at the Styx of Dread to the Victim's Court. Chiyori has since watched the land of Choga turn from a happy and peaceful land to a miniature Apocalypse. After 54 years of guarding and guiding, Chiyori suddenly dies of an unknown cause.
Now it is up to Choga's shinigami, Shikigami, and other magical beings to banish the demons from their land.
It's the Shinigami vs. the Demons...
Let's find out who wins!
Rules That Must Be Followed
1) No God-Modding, Meta-Gaming, or Power-Playing/Posting. Meta-gaming isn't truly necessary as the Skeletons will be posted in the IC.
2) There will only be four Yama spots available. Minus the one I, the Goddess of the Game, would make three spots remain. Yamas and Gods will immediately get co-GM status, provided that you give me a detailed essay (should be AT LEAST three paragraphs or more) on why you're apt to judging the souls, looking after the world, and looking after shinigami. They'll only be four god spots available. Note that I can also accept your real-life achievements and your prerequisites for the game (but it should be more than just three things--seriously).
3) If you're a species that has a power that may be frowned upon (teleportation, shape-shifting, mind-reading/manipulation, blood-bending, etc.), use it in STRICT moderation or make it look vague with an NPC.
4) If your species is NOT an immortal and dies, they cannot be brought back. If immortal, but they become bloodied to the point of unresponsiveness, you are to stand out for a while until you're fully revived. You can still report your recovery or if using another character, be them for a while. The only time an immortal can actually "die" is if they lose lots of blood to the point where their heart won't work.
5) Some species that are in moderation can be used, but in order to use some to their potential, permission MUST be given to the person they want to use it on. Otherwise, do it on an NPC.
6) ALL General RPA Forum Rules & Guidelines still apply. You must abide by these rules, regardless if Out-Of-Character or In-Character.
7) A Yama or a God has the right to kick you out of the RP provided that they have a valid reason to do so. Otherwise, learn and go on. If you decide to screw everything up by saying "The Moon's mine!!" or anything deemed extremely unorthodox, you may be kicked out of the RP.
8) If you think something of yours may be frowned upon on RPA, please PM me for approval or feedback. And the use of multiple fonts AND font colors are usually frowned upon as it increases eye strain, especially for those with different formats for this site.
9) Yamas must respect their shinigami and the Victim's court AT ALL TIMES. Even OOC, a Yama must not use profane language excessively. Even if you do, you should just say it once in a blue moon or not at all. This goes for the gods, too. Additionally, a God and a Yama need to arrange EQUAL and RESPECTFUL consequences. In other words, DON'T BE AN ASSHOLE (kicking everyone out for hair color or something relatively minor). ONLY I CAN DEGRADE AND PROMOTE A PERSON FOR ANY REASON.
10) PLEASE post at least three paragraphs in the IC, though I should expect a lot better from you. A Paragraph equates to 5-6 sentences or more. As to be literate, I expect everything to be spell-checked with proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation. If you are not an English native, please give it your all. If you don't have a spell-checker at home, you can always ask for some proofreading help. If your character talks in a certain way that affects literacy, translations should be parenthesized. Yamas should be above literacy levels, and they should be able to elegantly move through convictions. Even as an intellectual student like myself, it's normal to make a few typos. If you see a typo, please fix it as soon as you spot it.
11) Please write the Character Sheet with the best of your ability. I WILL be checking your choices THOROUGHLY. For the Species, don't just put "Tiger" and they're obviously humanoid. If a youkai, tell me EXACTLY which youkai you are. You must explain your abilities that are provided with the species you are. Prognition, for example, is part of being a Satori youkai. If your character has prognition, you must use this in moderation. This is to foresee the future, which may change the turn of the story. Otherwise, this may be railroading, which we DON'T want.
12) If you have recently visited my RPs, you saw that I had a Pre-Made Character Option. It will be here once again, but there will be some that may have choices left blank. If you never knew me, the policy will be shown below.
13) There will be combat in this RP; be aware of your species and what powers they have. If you want to be something other than a vampire, I recommend that you do some research. Note that teleportation can only be used in moderation, not all the time.
14) Don't just put "RTG" and not reveal the thing. When you add "RTG" you HAVE to reveal in the I.C. Thread. This counts as pure laziness, and will not be tolerated. You really need to take your SWEET time making stuff like this!!
14) When you heal, you have to make it 100% REALISTIC; they can't instantly heal as this process takes time. Taking Hartmann's Elixir may speed up the process by 25%.
15) There may be bosses that may be around that can ensure instant death with one ability. Note that the bosses should use nature and elements to do that.
16) It is ENTIRELY up to YOU on what kind of stuff you want for a city in the Land of Choga. You MUST PM Me so I can approve of it BEFORE I consider your ideas.
17) This would not comply if you're posting In-Character, but you MUST be respectful and not use any profanity Out-Of-Character at ALL times. Even though it's an M-Rated Role Play, try to keep it at a moderation Out-Of-Character.
18) EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED! ALSO EXPECT SOME SEXY SITUATIONS~! During extremely sensuous scenes, if it gets to the point where it's just "MILKY SEX", have the scene FADE TO BLACK before it happens and if necessary, take it to the PMs. Otherwise, I will have to ask you to water down your posts. This is also discussed in the regular RPA rules, so this rule's pretty much a no-brains request.
19) You may make another character, but the MAXIMUM you can have participating in the IC is THREE AT A TIME (this exclude NPCs). If you want to control more than the specified amount, you must contact a yama, a god, or me for further approval. The only exception to this is if you abide by ALL rules and your mortal characters die.
20) Rules, Info, and all else are subject to change as I see fit without notice. For this reason, PLEASE check in this role play often (at least twice a week). As to provide a safer environment, PLEASE expect changes.
Provided Characters Policy
They MUST NOT have YOUR real name, nickname, or username anywhere. It is all right if they have only ONE part of your name, but nothing more. Anything like that will NOT be accepted to the characters. You need to have my permission to add "yourself" to the "Provided Characters".
It is fine if they have your birthday, but don't post things that's YOU, YOU, YOU. It is still for security reasons. Those will be promptly deleted or I may ask you to add it to the OOC as your own.
If you are found trying to post one of the provided without my permission, you may risk in getting terminated. BEFORE posting, ask which characters are available before randomly selecting a character on your own. Asking if you want a character, however, is acceptable.
It is all right, however, to provide a picture for their appearances but it shouldn't be your real life picture. For the sake of security, I would recommend making your own person.
If you are inactive and you request to be added to the "Provided Characters" section, note that others have the right to take your character.
Some characters that I will make will be in that section. Provided characters are entirely editable, but you should NOT make them into a new person. If you want to revamp them, you should have their name, birthplace, birthdate, and Bio the same as was provided. In other words, you CAN NOT edit them. Otherwise, consider making your own and PM it to me instead of publicly show it to me.
The Lovely Cast of Choga
MEMBERS PENDING FOR CHARACTERS
MEMBERS AWAITING APPROVAL
(None at the moment, but we are STILL accepting new players! Add yourself if you haven't already~!)
ACTIVE MEMBERS UP TO CURRENT POINT
Ventus Cloud~Zatory Master
Dan Misuteru AND Marcus Truman~HoboJOE
Illia "Jynx" Hyatt~Jynx321
INACTIVE MEMBERS UP TO CURRENT POINT
(characters that are entered HERE would be the ones whose control has been replaced. Any member that no longer wishes to use their character may have their control replaced via permission from me or the oroginal owner of the character.)
Ex: Ranelle Draco (Visage)
PROVIDED CHARACTERS, ANYONE?
IMPORTANT NON-PLAYER CHARACTERS
Goujou (the Priest at Baseltown's Goulash Catholic Church)
YOUR OTHER LEADERS
HoboJOE=Co-GM (He will not accept characters, but he will let me know of any rule violators. He will also be the one to enforce CS and regular rules OOC and IC)