Co-GM: None Yet
- Normal RP Rules apply (No Godmodding/PowerPlaying etc.)
- Obey the GM's or you will be forced to exit the RP in a swift fashion
- The villains in this game are designed to be very, very powerful. This is done for various reasons; your characters are not meant to be on the same level as said villains.
- This is fantasy. We do, however, try to retain a certain level of believability, the slightest grounding in realism. There will NOT be godlike teenagers with spiky fluorescent hair wielding weapons four times the size and weight of their body. There will not be 'meaningless' injuries. There will not be 'useless' armor. Blood loss makes you weak, and then it makes you dead. Getting stabbed in the lung will make you choke on your own blood. An arrow will not pierce through an inch of solid steel.
- You can only Role Play as a Na'vi. That means NO HUMANS!
- Expect to get hurt and die. I and any other GMs are the final arbitrators in case of a dispute regarding anything related to this Role Play, combat included; if your character sheet does not include immunity to fire or incredible reflexes; it will result in horrible agonizing pain and burn-scarring when fire comes into play.
It has been a relentless few years on Pandora; Sure the Aliens had left, but I was certain that they'd return, and this time, they'd bring more than just the meagre force they had. But in the meantime there were still other duties to perform; Tsu'tey's death meant that I was now the next Olo'eytkan, and with the now devastated land that used to be Kelutral the Omaticaya clan; my clan, were still homeless. Who am I? I am Toruk Makto; I am Jake Sully. I am also mated to Neytiri; who is next in line to be Tsahik; and I guess now that we have a momentary respite; we've got to find our clan a new Kelutral and help repopulate the destroyed forests before the RDA comes again; and it is coming, I know it.
Important Information You Ought To Know:
1. The Na'vi weapons are limited to Knives; Spears and Bows & Arrows.
2. All Na'vi weapos are dipped in a neuro toxin that will stop a man's heart in one minute.
3. Humans have very high tech weapons.
4. You Will Die! When your character is dead, you'll simply take over another nearby character (not one that is taken by another player) and all your character's attributes will be brought over to the new body.
5. This RP is fast-paced. If you can't keep up, don't step up; you'll just die.
6. We'll probably have a round or two of posting before the RDA reach Pandora. (Seeing as it takes 5 years 9 months and 22 days to get to Pandora from Earth at the last measured point in time.)
Information on the Na'vi:
- The Na'vi have a very fast healing rate. Serious injuries that would normally take months to fully heal on a human would take mere weeks, and lesser injures, and some bone breaks can be healed in days.
- The Na'vi bone structute is lightweight, but sturdy, being made from natural carbon fibres. They are very hard to kill.
- The Na'vi use a special language to communicate, and do not use English; instead they rely on a mix of their own language and body language to portray the meaning.
August 24; 2154:
- End of Avatar: The Film
Sometime in 2158:
- Experimental wormhole technology found.
August 20; 2159:
- Humans reach Earth to tell of their defeat in Pandora.
- Jake Sully has been busy, preparing the Na'vi for another attack. He doesn't believe that the RDA are truly gone, and is about to be proven right.
August 21; 2159:
Name: First name only. Na'vi do not have last names.
Gender: Sounds easy. In truth possibly the hardest choice of all xD
Age: This will determine at what point in the timeline you entered. MAXIMUM AGE IS 33!
Appearance: How you look like. Even though most Na'vi look alike, all have differring traits that make them unique, what's yours?
Personailty: How do you act? Are you a stone cold hunter, death from above, or are you more of a plan first kind of guy.
Tribal Ranking: Your age will affect your ranking. DO NOT FILL THIS IN. IT WILL BE GIVEN TO YOU BY THE GMS AT WHICH POINT YOU MAY EDIT IT INTO YOUR POST!
Pa'li/Ikran/Both: Depending on a number of outside factors you may either recieve a Pa'li, an Ikran or both. DO NOT FILL THIS IN. IT WILL BE GIVEN TO YOU BY THE GMS AT WHICH POINT YOU MAY EDIT IT INTO YOUR POST!
Weaponry: You may have any Tribal-tech weaponry, but please make it realistic.
Character History: I want to know how your character came to be. Are you a wanderer from another tribe? Have you grown up as Omaticaya all your life, or are you a new addition? One thing's for certain; You can NOT have been human.
Other information you ought to know:
You can't play as the following characters: Neytiri; Mo-at; Olo'eytkan of the Ikran people of the East; Olo'eytkan of the people of the Horse Plains of the South or Jake Sully.
Just as a point of reference here: Since we will be playing as the Na'vi; for those of you who think you can get around the 'No Humans' rule by posting an 'Avatar' Character (Reference 1: Click Here); You are informed that doing so is not a good idea. For any 'Avatar' characters, the Na'vi will not trust or go near, and they will kill 'Avatars' or as the Na'vi call them 'Dreamwalkers' on sight.
Another addition: Although the Na'vi do not speak English; that doesn't mean you can't type in it. If you do know some Na'vi language and want to use it, by all means do so, but provide a translation for those of you who do not understand. (Example: "Mawey, Tsu'tey, Mawey." "Be calm, Tsu'tey, be calm.")
Pandora is a moon of the gas giant Polyphemus (both are figures in Greek mythology), which orbits Alpha Centauri A.
Discovered by the first interstellar expedition in 2129, Pandora has been the single most interesting thing to happen to the human race in hundreds of years. The news services love to run clips of the wild scenery on Pandora, and its bizarre flora and fauna.
To the cultures of Earth, which has lost all contact with the natural world, Pandora is mysterious, primal and terrifying. Even from orbit the scope of florae present on the surface indicates a planet brimming with life. One of the creatures on Pandora is the Direhorse, a grey-skinned, hexapodal horse-like animal with bioluminescent qualities that the Na'vi use to hunt with. The Na'vi also use the Mountain Banshee to hunt from the air, but a hunter can become prey in the presence of the Great Leonopteryx. In the canopy below, other deadly yet exotic animals roam. Vicious packs of Viperwolves, thick skinned Hammerhead Titanotheres, and the Thanator, the most fearsome of all. Other than the color, the trees resemble those of Earth. They have the familiar trunks and branches and leaves, though, due to the difference in planetary gravity, many of the shapes are strange and the proportions are greater due to the lower gravity. The trees and all plant life of Pandora have formed electrochemical connections between the roots and effectively act as neurons, creating a planet-wide "brain" that has achieved sentience known to the natives as Eywa.
Pandora, despite being almost as large as Earth, is only a moon of the gas giant Polyphemus, which has thirteen other moons. However, due to its smaller size, its gravity is 20% less than Earth's. Due to Pandora's lower gravity, most creatures on Pandora are hexapods, six-legged. Creatures roam the air and forest canopy below, similar to Earth's animals, but on a scale several times larger. Pandora's wildlife also have bioluminescent qualities. Depending on the position of the various moons, Pandora can have two or even three moons in its sky at once. Pandora and the other moons cast large black shadows on Polyphemus.
Pandora appears like a lush paradise by Earth standards during the day, though at night virtually all life on the planet exhibits bioluminescent qualities in various shades of blue, purple and green, explaining the Na'vi's blue skin color, which is most likely a better camouflage at night on Pandora.
Pandora's atmosphere is a mixture of nitrogen, oxygen, carbon dioxide (>18%), xenon (>5.5%), methane, and hydrogen sulfide (>1%) and is about 20% denser than the atmosphere on Earth primarily due to the high percentage of Xenon; a heavy, colorless, odorless, and generally unreactive noble gas. The high concentration of carbon dioxide in the Pandoran atmosphere makes it extremely poisonous to humans and will kill them in about 4 minutes. The hydrogen sulfide present is also quite poisonous; concentrations over 1000 ppm (0.1 %) can cause immediate collapse with subsequent loss of breathing, even after inhalation of a single breath.
The increased air resistance within this denser atmosphere has a number of effects:
* Lower terminal velocity. combined with Pandora's twenty-percent lower gravity, a freely falling object's maximum speed is significantly less than on earth. A Na'vi who happens to fall from a flying banshee (Ikran) has a good chance of surviving uninjured if they are over a forested area. Even over water, falling spread-eagled can reduce their speed sufficiently to allow an impact with the surface that will not knock them unconscious.
* The increased mass of the denser air means that more force is required to accelerate it as it is moved out of the path of a moving object. Humans on Pandora experience this when they try to run - it feels like there is a wind blowing against them, even though the air is still. They are further hampered by the fact that the reduced gravity causes their boots to slip more readily on paved or smooth surfaces, giving them less traction to force their bodies forward. The Na'vi compensate for this loss of frictional force by curling their large toes into the soft ground, and Pandoran six-legged animals use their many feet to gain a purchase on protruding rocks or small crevices.
* Flying animals can take advantage of both the lower gravity, which reduces the weight of their body, and the increased air density, which requires more force to displace with the downward/rearward stroke of their wings, and thus gives the animals body more impetus with each flap. The downside is that the denser air is harder to move through, and requires highly-efficient streamlining to achieve high flight speeds.
* Plants are subject to greater forces from the wind, since the greater air density means that the moving air carries more kinetic energy and more momentum, and the plants, leaves, stems, branches, and trunks must all have a greater strength and/or flexibility to resist it.