Page 1 of 30 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Firefly: Suns and Daughters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Firefly: Suns and Daughters

The year is 2515, and it‘s been four years:

Four years since the Gorram Alliance took Serenity Valley, four years since the Independents suffered its most crushing defeat and the Alliance assumed control of the ‘Verse, four years since every smart Browncoat went into hiding.

But not every Browncoat was smart, and a few of them were crazy enough to get a crew together and keep on flying. Now they’d need jobs, but with the Alliance breathing down their necks they didn’t have the luxury of choice, but so long as they had a ship and the people to man it they could get work, and with that work they could survive.

Now, this is the story of Eric West and his ragtag crew, a group of individuals who flew a transport shipped named Themis. Now, you might not of heard anything about Themis, or her crew and their adventures, but that is about to change.

[hide=Profile]
    Name: Eric West
    Height: 6’1”
    Weight: 185 lbs
    Appearance:
    Spoiler: Eric: 

Load-out: During the Unification War Eric developed the belief that every wasted bullet was a wasted opportunity, not mention a sin. Because of this Eric learned to conserve his ammo and utilize highly accurate weapons. With this in mind Eric carries around a semi-automatic rifle that he stole from a weapon developer and a pistol.
    Spoiler: The Rifle 

Biography: Born on the small border planet called Athens, Eric West was the youngest of four children in the West family. Eric’s father, Henry West, worked as meager miner in one of Athen’s enormous marble quarries, while his mother, Jill West, stayed at home and raised her children. Sadly, while giving birth to her fifth child Jill passed away, and so too did the child. Alone and embittered, Henry West entered a tailspin from which he never fully recovered. Eric and his two brothers took over as the providers, and when the Unification War began all three of them jumped at the chance of getting away from the hell they called home, and only Linda West, Eric’s sister, remained home to take care of her father.

Eric proved himself countless times during the Unification Wars as a capable sniper, but his defining moment came two years into the war. The Independents had been pinned down during the battle of New Kashmir, outmanned and outgunned, the Independents were backed into a corner and the Alliance was gearing up to slaughter every single person that had a speck of brown on them. The Independents, ready to give their lives in service to what they believed in prepared to hold their ground against the alliance. Now Eric didn’t lead a daring mission into the heart of the Alliance camps and turn the tides of battle all by himself, but he did create a ruse that allowed thousands of independents to escape New Kashmir before the Alliance even knew what had happened. After his heroic actions Eric was granted his own ship, and he fought the Alliance for three more long and bloody years. During those three years both of his brothers died, and there is also talk that his father and sister died during an Alliance raid on Athens.

After the Independents were defeated Eric disappeared like many Browncoats did, but unlike the rest Eric didn’t resurface for three years. When he returned no one knew what he had done while he was gone, all they knew were two things, that he had changed, and that he was recruiting.

Personality: Eric was once a bright and cheerful young man but the Unification war and the loss of his entire family have left deep emotional scars. Though Eric might not be as happy or as carefree as he once was before, he is still a compassionate soul who loves deeply, holds others up before himself, and would do anything for his crew.

Skills/Training: A capable sniper, Eric can also handle himself in hand to hand combat. But his real skills are his strength of mind, indomitable will, and leadership qualities. Eric knows that without his team he is nothing, and that together no power in the ‘verse can stop them

Spoiler: Themis, the Ship: 

Spoiler: The story so far: 

Spoiler: Special Surprise 

Spoiler: Character Skeleton 

Take my love, take my land
    Take me where I cannot stand
    I don't care, I'm still free
    You can't take the sky from me
    Take me out to the black
    Tell them I ain't comin' back
    Burn the land and boil the sea
    You can't take the sky from me
    There's no place I can be
    Since I found Serenity
    But you can't take the sky from me...
    "May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." -Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Hey everyone, I am back and so happy to be here. Send me a PM if you want to chat, I'd love to catch up.

Spoiler: Video Game Shenanigans 

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    sci-fi, fantasy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I shall kill Illusionist slowly one of these days.

Name: James P. Morgan
    Height:5'11"
    Weight:180lbs
    Appearance:
    Spoiler:  

Ocupation: Sheperd
    Loadout:1 pocket bible, a broken basic all-key from his childhood, and a small leather bag with a first-aid kit (ace bandage and guaze, sewing needle and thread, and a tin flask burbon for the pain.)

A small gun inside a regular sized false bible for when he has to use something.
    Spoiler:  

Personality: Most of the time he is calm, patient, kind, and full of sage advice for people whether they want it or not. However, there is a point, a line if you will, when you cross it, find a diety quickly to pray to because you made a lasting enemy with a mind of a patient chess master.

Brief History:
    Born to a impoverished family with alot of kids, his parents gave him over to a Church to be raised well and fed. Growing up James got his basic education from Bible and the Sheperds that took care of him. This included his "Three R's", gardening, sewing, and chess.

As he grew up, he did like all kids do and found friends among the local boys. Unfortunately, those boys were not the best influences on his young mind, and he got to lots of trouble for pickpocketing and Breaking and Entering, but since he was a kid, the Sheperds were able to keep bailing him out.

James eventually "grew out" of it and became a Sheperd and a missionary. He was often on either side of the war providing what help he could. It was during this period James received his field medical training from the Alliance doctors, however, they only wanted him to help their soldiers. He disagreed so he up and ran to Independant's line. James was tortured by the Browncoats because they believed he was a spy, but he slowly proved trustworthy and was allowed to help the soldiers of both sides, if only in secret.

James, like most of the losers, became a drifter. He hoped from one job to another when he got bored with it for years. He finally got word that on Haven there was a place setting up to be a refuge for the meek and downtrodden. His curiousity got the better of him, so he took the first transport he could afford to see if he could help.

On this refuge, New Haven, he met a fellow Sheperd for the first time in an age. Over some months, almost a year, they became friends and started to understand each other. When they had free time, the other Sheperd from being the leader and Sheperd Morgan from being the resident physican, they played a game of poker or sometimes chess, which they never finish because something would always come up.
    Last edited by mcstringer; 02-20-2010 at 07:50 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Name: Jedediah Kingsley ("Doc")

Height: 5'9

Weight: 167 lbs.

Appearance:
    Spoiler: Jedediah 

Load-out: Doc's surgical expertise means he can handle a scalpel, and that's what he uses in melee combat. Scalpels are easy to find, easy to conceal, and are designed to cut through flesh like butter. So why not?

Speaking of medical supplies, Jed also has a large tote bag he carries around with him full of medical supplies-his own tried-and true homemade first-aid kit, which he claims to be far superior to the cheap bargain-bin kits most shops pawn off.

Also, he "acquired" a laser pistol (think the beam pistol from "heart of gold"), tho back here in the backwater reloads are hard to come by, so he's stingy with his shots and usually only has to fire once. He uses it to make surgical, precision strikes-and sometimes for crude battlefield amputation.
    Spoiler: Laser Pistol 

Biography: Jedediah was born in Greenleaf in the poor district of the capitol city to parents who desperately wanted to get their son out of the squalid and violent place they were living. He went to school, where he was discovered to be a child prodigy. Years later, he graduates from one of the many medical colleges that Greenleaf is so famous for and opens a free health clinic in his old neighborhood to aid those who have been maimed by the daily violence of city life.

Twenty or so years pass, and everything is going great, until an Alliance detective discovers Jed's dark secret: over the years, he has been murdering local drug lords, serial killers and particularly violent gang members in a futile effort to stem the tide of violence that flows into his clinic. He is given a choice- leave your wife, your clinic, and everyone you ever knew, and serve the Alliance-or be exposed and executed. He accepts, and abandons his old life for a new one as a senior combat medic in the military. He fights through practically the entire Unification War, healing browncoat and alliance grunt alike-often defying superior's orders to do so. His stubborn clinging to the Hippocratic oath chafes his superiors, but he is far too talented to be able to afford to lose him.

By the time the war is over, he is done-done with the Alliance, done with Doctoring, done with everything. He heads out to the backwater, where he has been selling his services as a medic and a skilled assassin, honed by all those years of hunting down all those scum who desperately deserved the miserable end they got.

Personality:Jedediah used to be a hopeful and optimistic young man who believed he could change the world. The events in his life have changed that. Now he is a bitter old man who doesnt believe in pretty much anything anymore-though his old sense of justice shines through in that he will try to kill badguys to prevent innocents from being harmed. He also has developed a nasty drinking habit-a way of forgetting all the horrors he has experienced throughout his life, I suppose.

Skills/Training: Jed is highly skilled in combat-related injuries, having spent his whole life treating such wounds. He has skill with a scalpel, which he uses to cut through damaged tissue, clothing obstructing the wound, and the jugulars of any foe who gets too close. He has a masterful knowledge of the human anatomy, which means he knows just how to heal you and just how to hurt you-which he does with deadly accuracy and efficiancy thanks to his trusty laser pistol.
    Last edited by Zaro; 02-20-2010 at 10:07 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yay! Hope this is okay. Expect a pm right after this.

Name: Sari

Height: 5'2''

Weight: 120 lbs

Appearance:
    Spoiler: Sari 

Load-out: Sari is, like every other registered companion, trained in swordplay and archery. She is also trained at using small, concealable knives. She is not a very good fighter, however.

Biography: Sari was born on Paquin, presumably the abandoned daughter of a dancing girl. She was adopted by the carnival ring master her found her, and raised in his carnival. He treated her as his daughter, taking her with him on many business trips to the many resorts across the system. There, she met many a shrewd business woman who knew how to work men. She learned seduction and business at the hands of these women at an early age.

In spite of her aptitude, her father could not afford to send Sari to be trained by the Companion Guild. However, very suddenly at the age of fourteen, she was transported to a guild house to begin her training.

She has been one of the few registered companions to keep away from core planets, opting instead to ship out with the crew of the Themis.

Personality: Sari is a shrewd business woman who values her profit over just about everything else. Her down to earth upbringing though has made her a bit more rough and tumble than your average companion, although she is loathe to show her backwoods side. She makes every effort to appear collected and poised and elegant in front of everyone. She is not a mistrusting person, but is slow to let people see the softer side of her personality.

Skills/Training: Sari is a Companion, and is thus trained with all the skills therein. She is a noted dancer and accomplished singer, and gives a mean massage. She's also a very good cook and artist. Her combat skills are lacking somewhat, though.

The Queen is back and rocking out.

sci-fi, fantasy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Hey Zaro, spoilers help alot. Use the quote command on this post in case you did not know the code.
    Spoiler: text 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok I had no idea what you were talking about until I was about to quote you and saw the hide=text thing. Damn code in all its forms! >:(

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

All three of you are accepted!
    Excellent job guys, I really love the effort that you are putting into this Rp and I know you will all make great crew members!
    "May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." -Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Hey everyone, I am back and so happy to be here. Send me a PM if you want to chat, I'd love to catch up.

Spoiler: Video Game Shenanigans 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Expect a Cheshire shortly! (and yes, Excalibur, I'm gonna get to work on my OS post in a moment)

A Storm Is Coming
    fantasy, SF, horror, romance, western, historical fiction, anime/manga, paranormal
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

I will post my enforcer/"public relations" officer tonight. That spot is MINE!

Underneath your bed, playing poker with the bogeyman.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I Would like to reserve a spot on here for an Assassin/Bodyguard
    Spoiler: YOU MUST HEAR! 

Page 1 of 30 123 ... LastLast