Thread: Ashes of the White OOC

Character Monster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Ashes of the White OOC

-An RPA Original-

For the IC thread, click -here-

~The White~
    "And The White did watch and protect His land, casting out Oblivion who sought to destroy.
    Glory is to The White, His enemies lay in ruin!
    Glory is to The White, He can never die!
    His Kingdom of ten thousand years will never be taken."

- Excerpt from THE WHITE, found in 1234 F.S in fragments -

The once mighty empire which had stretched to every corner of the Dome was inexplicably erased. The era of magic and peace had fallen into a worldwide age of winter, lasting for many generations and epochs. According to the scholars and editors of the Encyclopaedia Historica, the Great-Winter was said to have lasted nearly ten thousand years. From the ashes of the fallen empire rose a scattered people, lost and divided. As the winters grew shorter and the storms became docile, the seasons soon began to resurface and the people were able to celebrate their first summer.

We fast forward to the year 1200 F.S to an age of new discovery and invention. The lost magic from the Age of The White was beginning to be unearthed, found in new and valuable stones known as Crystalis - a blue transparent gemstone baring magical energy.

So now, in the year 1312 F.S we find ourselves at the brink of war. Feuding empires struggle for control over Crystalis for their industrial, economical, and political benefits as well as expanding their military prowess. But as the modern empires fight over the ashes of The White, what other mysteries will soon be uncovered?

~The Races of the Dome~

Spoiler: The Races 

~The Faiths of the Dome~

Spoiler: The Faiths 

~The Dome~

Spoiler: The Dome 

~Schools of Magic~

Spoiler: Schools of Magic 

~The Social Structure of the Dome~

Spoiler: The Culture 

~Leaders of the Dome~

~Setting the Stages~
    Which story will you take part in?

-Story One-
    You are a member of the CrystaGuard, a private security company hired to confront any unwanted problems and creatures in Crystalis mines. The involvement of you and your crew gets you pulled into a revolution against the mighty Grandian Dominion.

-Story Two-
    While the future of the Dome lays uncertain, there are those who are far more engrossed in its past. Travel with scholars, treasure hunters, and religious pilgrims as they explore the mysterious remains of The White's mighty empire.

-Story Three-
    A concerned group of travellers from Grandia take it upon themselves to venture to the Haliburt Empire, the mightiest of the countries, and convince them to interviene with the Dominion's destructive growth.

*Stories may merge together as time progresses*

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Character Sheet

Name: Your name and titles

Race: See "The Races of the Dome"

Profession: Can range from anything that fits in this world

Appearance: A few paragraphs or an image

Personality: The likes and dislikes, including if your character holds any faith (see "The Faiths of the Dome")

Biography: The history of your character
    Rules
    ONE: Be respectful to others
    TWO: I am the GM, I am open to suggestions but my decision is final
    THREE: All RPA rules apply
    FOUR: Please post in this thread or notify me via PM before any leave of absence, or your character is booted.
    FIVE: Have fun! This a fully plotted RP, and I hope you guys are excited for the ride!
    SIX: Multiple characters are allowed, but don't bite off more than you can chew.
    SEVEN: NEWBIES ARE WELCOME! If you're new to RolePlaying, I'm more then willing to help you with the ropes!
    Last edited by Housemaster; 08-01-2013 at 03:51 AM.
    It's been awhile.

Character Monster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

~The Characters of the Dome~

"I don't write stories, I create characters and record how they interact with each other..."
    ~ Telman Sarty, Amino novelist of popular fiction

-World Characters-
    General-Tec Kore Typhus
    General Kira Zeltros

-Story One-
    Lillian "Lily" Lovelace
    Captain Benjamin Gard
    Velton Sunbar
    Phoenix Flamestaff
    Markus, SoulBreaker

-Story Two-
    Harbinger, Prophet of The White
    Tec Bel Inot
    Zariva Lin
    Siduri, "Alewife"

-Story Three-
    Natasha T'wah
    Genavia Nersala “Gevia”
    Serena Gledia
    Devira Raekh
    Adamai Niram

Last edited by Housemaster; 06-25-2013 at 01:55 AM.
    It's been awhile.

Character Monster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

*Construction Post for later*
    It's been awhile.

Merry Christmas!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This looks like an awesome roleplay. If you need more players you can advertise it in the Roleplay Directory or submit it for RP of the Week. If you want to get a unique banner for your RP stop by the RP of the Week Banner Shop and one of our great artists will happily help you out. If you want to advertise in your own sig ask one of the Sig shops to get you a set. And if you’d like the staff to help you out just ask them to list it in their signatures. Finally the RPA Tribune also has places for RPs to be advertised in every issue.
    Love you alawys sis.
    Spoiler: Quotes 

Character Monster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stiltzkin View Post
    casual interest may go further
    Spoiler: Dangerous Fanaticism 
    Your character sounds interesting! I'll await the bio then I'll nudge it into the "accepted" list.
    It's been awhile.

Randomly Consistent
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy/medieval settings, the high seas, and some dystopian futuristic stuff.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Name: Natasha T'wah (rhymes with menage trois)

Race: The Anuks

Profession: Natasha is of the School of Arcane magic, due to her history fighting the Dominion. She travels and lends herself to help wherever she sees resistance to their oppression, free-lancing to pay her way as she moves across the land. She would probably fit best in Story Three, but wherever she is placed will be fine.

Appearance: Natasha stands about 5'9", with dark milky skin and pitch black hair. She has dyed streaks of indigo in her hair, and her favorite colors to augment her skin tone are pink and deep violet. Her eyes are dark and kohl-rimmed.

Her appearance

Personality: Natasha is quiet. She prefers to experience the world through the senses of the animals around her, yet she will speak up when confronted with blasphemy or idiocy. She doesn't always have a 'filter' to keep herself from saying what might be considered inappropriate. She likes having everything planned out with contingency after contingency. She doesn't like surprises.

Biography: About eight years ago she fought in the resistance against the Dominion and was exiled from Tao. She is traveling to seek out the Wanderer, who she believes will restore peace to the lands and end the oppression of the Dominion. As far as she knows her family is gone; she is alone in the world.

Character Monster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Natasha looks good, and also can be easily fitted into Story Three!

PS to Everyone: Make sure to keep tabs on the original post, as I'm always making alterations!
    It's been awhile.

Character Monster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ALSO: I'm going to whip up some of my own playable characters, as well as some bios for a few of the NPC's mucking about in the Dome.
    It's been awhile.

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    any, and all
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I"ll have something for you within a day or two, this looks great House!
    Spoiler: A few things about this guy ;) 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Name: Lillian "Lily" Lovelace

Race: Elitros

Profession: I was thinking of having her be a Crystaguard member for story one, I expand on it in the bio, but I can change it if you want.

Spoiler: Lillian Appearance 

Personality: Lillian just loves to analyze others. Everything from the way they speak to their mannerisms, she loves to know what makes people tick. She is quite intelligent and cunning, preferring to let things unfold on their own and only taking action when needed. There are many types of people she dislikes, those who are too loud, brutes, people who mumble over their own words. She's not mean but lets just say she has a low tolerance threshold and will be found rolling her eyes quite often. Despite that she greatly values respect. Giving everyone she meets an inherit amount, of which it could easily grow or disappear completely. Typically cool and collected even in battle, she is proficient in magic and wields her power proudly. Proud. Thats one way to describe her, just don't insult her looks, or talents. She doesn't follow any of the faiths, for she could never put a faith before her own desires.

Bio: Born and raised in none other than the capital of the Grandian Dominion. Her parents both machinists for the Grandian Government, her mother quit when she was born to raise her and her father growing distrustful of the governments agressive Crystalis policies quit later on and now works locally instead. She enjoyed a comfortable but sheltered middle-upper class upbringing. It was nice. But boring. Oh so boring. At the early age of 16 Lillian enrolled in the school of the arcane in order to learn magic, originally doing this as a pastime she soon realized she had quite the knack for the magical arts, becoming a superb (in her own words) mage after two years. As her parents grew older she decided to get a job in order to help out with expenses and joined the Crystaguard as their resident mage. Satisfying her urge to test out her magic as well as paying the bills made it a perfect position for her, and as an added bonus it would probably entertain her. She is well versed in elemental magic and specializes in the more raw and destructive kind like fire and thunder, she wields an average length mechanized rod in combat, the orb on the rod is an emerald green color, it was a gift her father made for her.

Page 1 of 14 123 ... LastLast