Thread: Frost survival (OOC)

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sic-fi
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Frost survival (OOC)

Frost

Project Eden (back story)
    In 2125 when the combined population of Earth, Luna and Mars reached 18 Billion, the International Bank (IB ) put together an 'Incentive' for the colonization of extra-solar planets. In other words, they announced that they would give a large monetary prize to the first private or public venture that succeeded in establishing a permanent settlement on an extra-solar planet. Naturally the world went wild; Corporations merged and entrepreneurs scrambled for funding. Businesses that were selling next-gen cars suddenly expanded their market to include spacecraft. The ultimate space race had finally begun -and it happened overnight.

The biggest company that joined the fray was the Blackrose space corporation. In 2130, they emerged from the shadows announcing the start of project Eden: a mission to colonize the hypothesized planet Eden-2 in the Boreas star system. The Applicant screening for the Eden quickly came underway. Millions of people applied for a chance to join the crew. In the end, only 100 members were chosen. As an Rp-er you are have been selected as part of this crew. If the project succeeds you will each receive a $ 17 Billion share of the winnings1.

1. 17 Billion figure adjusted for future inflation. (Modern day prize would be somewhere around $ 1 Billion)

Launch date: 2130
    ETA: 2150
    Projected cost: $16 Billion
    2155 present day
    When you awake from your Cryostasis chamber you are twenty light-years from earth in the Boreas-513 star system. You are a fully trained crew members. your goal is to set up a colony on Eden-2. You quickly realize that, Although the planet is in the 'habitable zone', it is no Eden, it is an ice world. Temperatures are frigid, icy snow storms can carve through solid steel. The biggest problem is the Planets Native inhabitants; Intelligent Sentient creatures that are invisible to sensors. As an Rp-er you will have the choice of fighting off the Ice Giants or joining them but you can't be neutral. In the end we will have to fight for our survival until the next wave of reinforcements get the the planet... the trouble is that it will take around 5 years for them to get there.
    Eden-2 specs (renamed ICE)

Avg distance from parent star 2 AU
    Surface temperature -250 - 5 Deg F
    number of moons 0
    rotational period 13 days3
    orbital period 7 years
    mass 0.7 earths 4
    Atmosphere 50% N2, 20% H, 12% He, 12% O2 5

"Night is coming"

3. Daytime temperatures on Eden are at least bearable. But when the night comes you better make sure you're indoors. Not only do the temperatures drop to -250 Deg F, they remain that way for roughly 6 earth days (140 hours).

4. Eden's Gravity is slightly less than that of the earth, however this is offset by a heavier and denser atmosphere (see below).
    5. Because the Eden atmosphere is dense, breathing requires much effort, but gradually your lungs can theoretically adapt. Although the Atmosphere on Eden-2 is not immediately fatal, prolonged exposure to its air without relief can lead to oxygen starvation (respiratory acidosis) which leads to organ failure (there's just not enough oxygen in the air). Respiratory acidosis is easily correctable once indoors but it is still not recommended that you breath open air for more than several minutes.

Spoiler: Enemy 

Spoiler: FOB, MOB and maps 

Spoiler: Weaponry 

Rules
    • 1 As GM I am in charge or the general direction of the story
    • 2 Don't seriously harm another persons character without their permission
    • 3 If you don't have time to commit to an RP, please don't join.
    • 4 As a player, If you become inactive in the IC for a extended period of time, I reserve the right to take full control of your character. (I will PM you first however.)
    • 4 If you have any suggestions PM me, I am always open to feedback and Ideas.
    • 5 PG-13: Violence/crude language
    • 6 have fun!

You can RP as humans, AI (thinking robot w/ same rights as humans), or a mixture of both. The Positions listed in black are closed, the positions listed in red are still open:

Biologist Ryliemay
    Environmental technician Goldenbraid
    Engineer
    Comm director Azael
    Soldier Rhunhildr, Konica
    Titan Pilot Patatrobot Doctor Roberts

Spoiler: Cast 

Spoiler: Bots (characters you can control) 
    Last edited by Rhunhildr; 07-17-2014 at 06:13 AM. Reason: available position, Recruiting

The Dragon Lady
    I will try to play anything as long as I'm familiar with the premise.
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Ooh, this looks pretty interesting!

Here are some links that you might want to check out to help with your RP!

Hope you find these helpful!
    Stormy's 1X1 recruitment thread!
    Spoiler: Don't lie to yourself, you know you want to look. 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh? This sounds very interesting indeed! Consider me interested

Sci-fi, Thriller, Horror, Fantasy, Modern
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Name: Jake McCoy
    Occupation/job: Doctor
    Weapon: Laser scalpel(More of a medical tool but can shoot a three foot laser that will cut only flesh and can be set to different distance and heat settings, laser pistol. can double as a stun gun
    Personality: Gung-ho, Damnit Jim im a Doctor not a mechanic, kinda guy
    Bio: Grew up in a rich family and married a rich woman, when they had a divorce she took practically the whole planet now all he's got are his Bones.

[Hide][/Hide]
    Last edited by Roberts; 07-04-2014 at 05:08 PM.

~Quinton McCoy(AKA Roberts)~

Sic-fi
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

@Unendingempire: I'm glad to see some people are interested

@Roberts: Accepted!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Name: Louise Bernadotte

Weapons: Louise's weapons are nothing out of the ordinary. A normal rifle and a normal laser knife in case she runs out of ammo. Both of them are at the standards for arms used by the other soldiers, no better, and no worse.

Personality: Let's try to take a minute and look past the fact that Louise is probably the most timid soldier in the history of the universe. She has a heart of pure gold and a shining case of selflessness. In fact, her only real strength as a soldier is that she'll dive face-first into danger if somebody's life is on the line. Rush out into the Edenian night, ignoring the -250 degree temperatures? Get between a wounded comrade and an aggressive Colossus? Even if she can't really handle a weapon so well, the people who know her know that they can count on Louise to buck up and save an ally in danger.

Bio: Louise grew up on Mars in a family of long-running French-descended soldiers, police, and other protectors. From a young age, her life was set out before her by General Pierre Bernadotte, leaving Louise unallowed to object or question her future military life. It took no genius to tell that she was unfit for the job, though. Couldn't hold a gun straight if you gave it to her that way, generally a coward, and altogether uncapable of holding her own on the battlefield at first glance. Still, Pierre Bernadotte was a name people respected, so there wasn't much saying no to him when he had Louise enlisted. In the hopes of either toughing her up or "tragically" losing her if it was impossible, Louise was chosen to be sent up to Eden.

Image Link: here
    Last edited by UnendingEmpire; 12-28-2013 at 07:17 PM.

Fantasy, Sci-fi and Romance
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This sounds great and i love the detail, for a story i love the details i could be unoriginal and say i'm isaac clarke a space engineer but that would be cheating haha i hope this roleplay shall continue there is great potential here so i shall participate

Leodiensian

I'd be interested in playing an AI that pilots Titan suits.

Sic-fi
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

@unending empire: accepted! looks good

@Zakari: thanks, I hope its not too detailed that way there can be room for creative input!!

@Leodiensian: That sounds fine, i'm interested in seeing that actually

edit: just a note on the Titan suits... There's going to be a limited supply (they're expensive) and they are prototypes, so getting them to function seamlessly is an engineers dream. but if they're running smoothly they'll be able to fight on equal footing with all but the biggest colossi (yes folks, colossus has a plural). oh and let's try not to have too many pilots, that makes the human side a lil too prepared...
    Last edited by Rhunhildr; 12-29-2013 at 11:10 PM.

Fantasy, Sci-fi and Romance
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

here is my character and happy new year i hope it is okay

Name: Vance Zenairys

Weapon: a chromium katana that has been upgraded to absorb energy upon contact

Personality: Vance loves too explore ideas and alter machinery designs he doesn't apply these ideas when he is on a job however he does create these ideas at his workshop being an engineer he studied all manners of engineering varying from gun parts to spaceships, he always carries a black notebook which he has filled with drawings and blueprints, around people he will make idle talk when he is out on a job and has a positive attitude towards people and enjoys their company, when he's working on a personal project he is more secluded and secretive, he is a very curious person and if there was new parts or tech he would be first to it he is also a man with cunning he uses his wits and words to get stray shipments of parts or information on new tech being developed and he is one for strategy and enjoys making plans for rendezvous's with informants and makes them sometimes unnecessarily complicated, however he always has one

Bio: Vance was born on luna but his parents relocated to earth thinking it would be better for him, after he lost his parents in a train accident when he was 5 he was sent back to luna and was raised by his uncle who was a renowned ship builder and taught vance about ship components at a young age,in the accident only a handful survived in that handful where his only two friends through the tragic experience the three became friends relying on each-other during school, after they went their separate ways and finished collage vance became cunning and began taking an interest in a ominous group that everyone seemed to know nothing about the Blackrose corporation,Vance's first successful creation was a robotic snake which he has with him constantly he treats it as a living thing and refers to it as "Primus" he also tinkers and improves primus whenever he can, and both vance and his uncle passed screening and both were excited about seeing a new world however his uncle was hospitalized 1 month before departure and vance was forced to go without him and as his uncle promised to see him as soon as he got out of hospital

Vance: https://data.whicdn.com/images/283353..._500_large.png

Primus:https://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...69-d4sar3b.png

The Katana:https://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/i/20...ro-d6t58ov.jpg

Page 1 of 36 123 ... LastLast