Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [OOC] The Steam of War [Steampunk Roleplay. Rated M]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default The Steam of War [OOC~M]

The Steam of War
    [Rated M for Violence, Gore, Language, and War Terror]

"Evil does what evil wants, but it is the will of men that decides how far evil will get."

At the turn of the 20th century the great powers of the world began a competitive arms race to build the biggest, the most destructive, and the largest armies to have ever been assembled. The new industrialized technologies being put into military practice, new war machines were being made and armies were forming. Although some nations built them in the sense of security, others constructed these massive forces for the sole purpose of world domination.

The Germanic race, the peoples of The United Prussian Empire, The German Empire, and The Habsburg Monarchy have been brainwashed by rising Germanic leaders. Van Buffler of Prussia, Lord Barrock of Habsburg, and Heimen Conveckler of Germany, three inspirationally great yet wicked leaders of prejudice have gained the support of the Germanic race and have convinced the people that they are the superior and in order to ensure the survival of their kind they must eliminate all other inferior races. In 1913 they united the three Germanic Empires into one sole union, The Germanic Powers. Their purpose, the supreme rule and domination of one perfect Germanic race. All other races considered to be inferior, deserving of nothing but utter annihilation. Germanic born Jews, Gypsies, Russian Slavs and other "inferior" races being expelled from Germanic territory or put into concentration camps. Great Britain and her allies, The Republic of France and United Netherlands, watched nervously as the Germanic Powers formed one of the largest armies the world had ever seen, their army consisted of some of the most devastating industrialized war machines; high sky vessels, industrialized war vehicles, new and improved automatic weaponry, and a devoted and loyally active military force of over ten million soldiers. The Germanic Powers had the dream of conquering the world for one race to rule, and they now had the power to do so.

The Great War came on March 13th 1919 when the combined military strengths of all three Germanic Powers invaded the Civil Polish States breaking all agreements made with The Russian Empire on not involving themselves with Polish affairs. The Russian Empire, also having a new and renovated industrialized military force responded with war. With the first Great Powers at war, it took only days for the rest of the world to be brought into this massive conflict.

The Greek League was invaded a day after the invasion of the Civil Polish States by The Germanic Powers. The Kingdom of Sicily, convinced by the Germanic Powers that a promising future would await them if they assisted the Germanic effort declare war on The Kingdom of Italy. The Ottoman Empire, with a history of war with the Russian Empire and seeing this growing war as an opportunity to claim all of the Northern Baltic States declared war on Russia. As well as that The Ottoman Empire launched a massive offensive against The Indian Republic and The British Colonies of Israel and Egypt. The Ottoman Empire, forming a non-aggressive war pact with The Germanic Powers, promised to allow the Germanic race to take Western Europe and most of Russia when the war was won. On March 15th The Spanish Empire, looking to swallow up British Africa as her own, joined The Ottoman Empire in declaring war against Great Britain, they too signing a non-aggressive war pact with the Germanic Powers. Later that day on March 15th the powers of Great Britain, the Republic of France, the Indian Republic, and United Netherlands formed the Allied Powers, war pacts being signed with The Kingdom of Italy, Russian Empire, and Greek League. By the morning of March 16th the Monarchy of Sweden, with family ties into the Monarchy Habsburg and a nation of Germanic People joined The Germanic Powers thus finally bringing the last great power of the world into war. The stage is set, the armies are massing, and The Great War of the new industrialized world has now begun.

Spoiler: War Maps 

Spoiler: OOC INFO READ 

Spoiler: Playable Factions 

Spoiler: Joining The Military 

Spoiler: Updated Rulesl 

Spoiler: Technology Level. Sky Fleets 

Spoiler: Technology Level. War Machines and Infantry Firearms 

End Note

As you can see I have put in a lot of work in trying to kick start this new RP. If you are interested or at least know someone who is interested then please invite others to join. Even if don't like my idea or what I had done here, leave some feed back on how I can improve this RP. I hope I was able to fully explain myself and capture the desire of anyone who read. If there are any questions or comments feel free to post. War has begun, what will you do in your part? Join now!

Applications, remove what is Italicized.
    Forum Name:
    Character Name:
    Character Age:
    Character Country: Great Britain or one of the three British Colonies. Republic of France. United Netherlands. Indian Republic. Keep in mind and make sure you fit your character with the country he/she is serving for.
    Character Bio:
    Military Service: High Sky Fleet, Industrialized War Divisions, or Infantry Regiments. Be sure to put down the proper name of the countries branch.
    Character Appearance: You can either describe your character or include a picture, although I do recommend the use of a picture.
    Character Military Gear: This is where I am hoping as a player you can keep it steampunk related, but still realistic. Obviously if you're character is part of the High Sky Fleet he is not going to be carrying around a large gun, but instead a pistol for close combat ship to ship fighting. Be sure to fit your characters gear to the country he is fighting for and the branch he is fighting in. Get creative, be free to express your imagination just try to stay Steampunk.
    Last edited by Remmybucsaplent; 01-05-2014 at 08:16 PM.
    Spoiler: Steampunk Roleplay, wanna join?! Click ----> 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Accept Applications

Accept Applications

Great Britain

Spoiler: William B. Clayborn 

Spoiler: Dominic "Hawk" Hawkins 

Spoiler: Lloyd Hardcastle 

Republic of France

Spoiler: Jack Nive & Riku 

United Netherlands

Spoiler: Captain Klara Van Waalwijk 

Indian Republic

Spoiler: Rajesh Puntryajima 

The Villain of The Allied Powers

Spoiler: The Right Hand of Germany, Grand Admiral Aemilius Drechner 
    Last edited by Remmybucsaplent; 01-12-2014 at 08:27 PM.

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci-fi/speculative, fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Reserving a character in the jaeger divison of United Netherlands
    Sentient and sapient but never at the same time....

fantasy/Parrody
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Ok so I think this is really a great idea but as a soldier I kinda also want to have a bit of fun with it.
    what about a defector not everyone buys into political doctrine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sounds like a cool idea to me at least

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IejirKothar View Post
    Ok so I think this is really a great idea but as a soldier I kinda also want to have a bit of fun with it.
    what about a defector not everyone buys into political doctrine.
    What exactly do you mean?

fantasy/Parrody
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

A man with a grudge, working as an insider for the allied forces targeting key figures in the Germamic empire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's completely fine, we might tweak the concept around a bit but either way I am more than happy to welcome that idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hmm, I shall join the fight! Reserved for a character in the Royal Air Fleet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This will be finished within the next day, just putting this here as a placeholder.

Forum Name: Yotta Yocta
    Character Name: Captain Klara Van Waalwijk
    Character Age: 28
    Character Country: United Netherlands
    Character Bio: Klara was born in the municipality of Waalwijk within the province of North Brabant, United Netherlands on her family's farm. However she showed more aptitude for fine tuning the tractor and fixing the boiler than working in the fields or the house. When she grew to be 17 Klara moved to the city, despite her parents' wishes, and began work first as an apprentice mechanic then the apprentice to an engineer due to her clever and functional ideas. Some of her designs, armored machines and modifications to weaponry she sometimes caught wind of, gained the attention of the Netherlands then small military and was offered a place in the Jaeger Division.

Flattered and seizing the opportunity for new technologies she joined, not expecting to be drawn into battle - Not to say she did not show an aptitude for such endeavors, she often dominated her male peers in training exercises. However when way struck she was called into battle, piloting her own mechanical suit into a number of engagements gradually earning the rank of captain. Unfortunately it was in one of these skirmishes that she sustained serious damage to her left arm and hand, it being replaced with a clockwork prosthetic of her own design. Klara is soon to meet her assigned squad and mechanized artillery.
    Military Service: The Jaeger Division

Character Appearance:

Almost 6 feet tall and athletic looking with skin more ruddy than pale. Hazel eyes and dark, wavy blonde hair usually tied back behind her well maintained military cap and a set of custom lensed goggles. Her left arm is mechanical - a dull metal and leather clockwork construct secured to the stump that remains. Her voice is deep but feminine.

Character Military Gear:
    Combat knife secured in a hollowed compartment of her mechanical arm.
    Steyer Automatic pistol - 9mm bullets, 8 round clip.

TWR-80 Combat Walker:

2 chain machine guns with free, 360 rotation mount on top of the walker.

Legs reinforced and highly maneuverable to allow them to be employed in combat.

Stationary, 6-ich siege gun mounted below the pilot compartment (forward facing) - limited ammunition; generally only used for disabling enemy war machines.

Last edited by Yotta Yocta; 12-31-2013 at 10:53 PM.
    Sentient and sapient but never at the same time....

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast