Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Frost IC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As the hangar doors opened Eve immediately shutdown her internal cooling system to save energy, Eden's freezing climate is more than capable of keeping Eve's processors cool. The driver was pressing buttons and flicking switches, bringing an array of instruments to life. Members of Eve's squad hurriedly inspected the outside of the tanker, making sure nothing was loose and everything was good to go.

“Mission crew, this is the dragon’s head. Are you guys ready?”

Eve already synced the some of the tanker's systems to her own. When she responded she didn't even need to speak, her thoughts were decoded and relayed through the comms. "Dragon's belly is rumbling and ready to roll." Turning back, she gave Ed an "OK" hand signal before returning to her seat and shutting the door. She could the tell her driver along with the rest of the crew were getting anxious. There was talk about whether or not they'll encounter the mysterious aliens. Eve for some reason desired to observe the native species. She couldn't quite explain it herself, it was as if she was looking for someone; who or why she did not know.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Mieke stared at herself in the mirror. ‘What was she doing?’

In decision had led to her pretending to be her sister, something she’d had some luck with, for though she didn’t totally understand her sister’s job, she found she didn’t seem to need to. Her sister was one of a half dozen technicians who manned a bunch of monitors and screens that displayed information from the sensors on different parts of the surrounding area. Information that was sent with little delay to the station of a supervisor who made the final decisions. So all she had to do was sit and pretend to carefully watch the readings….. easy.

Much easier than some things, for as she looked at herself in her sister’s uniform she doubted she could pull it off completely. She’d seen her sister in the uniform, and had to admit Mary looked so impressive and well groomed in it, so prim and proper. But she didn’t, not to her eyes, along with her hair that despite all the combing and hold sprays continued to look permanently tussled; she had more the look of the young girl in mommy’s clothes. Maybe it was just her, for she was the same size roughly as her sister, another advantage of being exact twins, and it did fit okay, but still somehow looked wrong on her.

Oh well, it would have to do, for she was going to be late if she didn’t hoof it, and she need every minute she could get to reach her station as she couldn’t understand how her sister moved so fast in these shoes.

As she hurried into the room and stumbled towards her station, the supervisor called her. “Bohers, come over here.”

Oh boy! Was the jig up?

“Yes sir?” She asked trying to sound calm.

“Commander Arizona might need a technician on his mission, and your file says you’re one of the best.” He told her. “Better go suit up while we check, so as not to hold him up if he does.”

Oh great, trying to fake it in the field??

OOC- Hope this works..... lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mark sat up in his hospital bed as the doctor came into the room. He'd always been terrible with Chryostasis and a 20 year trip didn't help matters. When he awoke in the chamber, he had lost all motor function in his extremities and spent four hours crying for help until some technician found him while servicing the pods. He was then dragged off to the medical bay where he lay for the past few hours, unable to do much of anything.

Are you feeling well, Mr Zukov? Said the doctor.

Mark slid his legs over to the side of the bed and jumped off the bed. "It's Zekov," Mark started out of the room "and I'm not spending another second here"

But Mark Knew the doctor wouldnt have it "Calm down sir, you're ill. You need time to recover" Mark ignored him. The doctor then grabbed a syringe of what was probably a sedative. "Sir, you've left me with no other options"

The doctor tried to stab him with the syringe, but Mark's training kicked in subconsciously and the Doctor was on the floor before either of them could really know what was going on. "I'm well enough, thank you. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got a station to set up" Mark walked out of the room, eager to start work.
    Last edited by RylieMay; 04-21-2014 at 01:36 PM.

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Anime, Sci-fy, Dark Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Eran looked at the snowmobile with almost a child-like look. Though Arizona probably couldn't see it, or even tell since the drone didn't have any facial features, he was definitely considering it. It wasn't every day that you got to ride a snow mobile on an alien planet, but he ended up deciding against it.
    "I think I'll go ahead an take a seat up front. Sadly though I won't be keeping you company. My timers almost up and I'd rather take some R&R before I start having a seizure back on the ship. It should only be a 30 minute delay until I get back though, so you'll have me for the rest of the ride."

Eran made his way up front and took a seat. He made sure that in the position he was in the drone wouldn't slump over onto the seat next to him. Making sure that all the systems were good he blinked twice in the corner of the HUD. Something akin to a logout menu popped out and he blinked twice at the option that read "EXIT". His vision went blank and in a few seconds his consciousness returned to his body.
    A robotic voice welcomed him as he started to stretch his limbs. "Welcome home, Eran."
    The top of the machine popped and slid to the side allowing Eran to sit up.

As soon as he got out of the machine he went ahead and stretched some more. He never really realized how much his muscles tightened while he was in there. Eran looked at his watch and set it for 30 minutes. By then he would have to re-calibrate the machine and get back to the drone before the team on the ground got to where they wanted to drill. Piece of cake.
    "I wonder where Mika is now. I heard her say something like leaving, but the comms were a bit fuzzy. I'll have to talk to the tech guys about that."
    Eran went over to the computers and inserted a USB drive into one of the slots. He had to get the operation data from his most recent excursion into the drone. Afterwards he would review the data and see if there were any glitches in the system that he could quickly snuff out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mika jogged into the common room, she was holding an open box that was filled with little white fluffy soft thingies -and more. When she fell to her knees she heaved a large golden star out of the box and sent the little white fluffies into the air. They fell around all over the place and got in her hair, but she smiled and giggled because it reminded her of falling snow.

"I will impress Eran with this amazing Christmas tree and we will have a party with cookies!" She decided after looking up at the large green tree. The lights and ornaments were all decorated around the outer branches, and she had even remembered to put up little pink candy canes, but she still needed to put up the golden star. With fire in her eyes, Mika lugged the thing up the ladder slowly. It was large and pointy, and sometimes she prickled herself by accident- but it was necessary for the good of the mission.

When she got to the top of the ladder, Mika scowled and clenched her teeth. It was still too tall and her arms were too short.
    "Hmmm, maybe I can just... WOAHH" Mika climbed onto the top cap of the ladder even though it said "DO not stand" and immediately she began to loose her balance and wobble. The ladder started to tip over, and the glass star flew out of her hands. Luckily Mika fell into the tree and she was only tangled a little in the cords, but the glass star seemed like it was gonna shatter on the floor, but to her relief a strange man suddenly emerged from the door and caught it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mark was kind of dumbfounded when the glass star fell from the sky. Mark didnt usually pay attention to his surroundings but when the star flew out of the sky, it gave him a good reason to start. In front of him was a Christmas tree. He found the fact that someone actually bothered to bring a Christmas tree to Eden amusing. He was unsure of how much it weighed, but it clearly weighed a lot. The extra fuel it would have consumed would be substantual...

It was then he noticed the girl, at the bottom of the ladder. She was young for this place, and seemed to be the one who dropped the star.
    "Well, better not waste any more of your time" he said, handing the star back to the girl "Try to be more careful, you dont want to break your neck."

He started walking off, but he stopped in his tracks. He then walked back to the girl and stared at her for a moment. "I think you need medical attention" He said, with a weird disconnect from the situation
    Last edited by RylieMay; 04-26-2014 at 08:05 PM. Reason: I could change it back, but I think this drives the plot more

Sic-fi
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Arizona Zhang head of security

"I'll let you know when we reach the site," Arizona responded to Eran, but when Eran made no answer he turned around to see the lifeless form of the drone sitting unmoved like some mechanical puppet. That's not creepy, Arizona thought turning back around. Just as he was about to kick up the interior heating vents the door suddenly swung opened and a red headed girl climbed in. She was young He marked. Not a day older than twenty by the looks of it, but Arizona was able to recognized her as Mary Bohers, the legendary Environmental scientist from earth. As a few soldiers shifted to make room for her Arizona threw her a measuring look.

"I'm Arizona," He said, fastening his harness and locking the door. "I'm not gonna lie to you, you're stepping into some big shoes as our technician. Vance, our chief engineer couldn't make it but he recommended you in his stead. I've read your file and I think you'll do well... Just try to work fast when we reach the AO. We've recently discovered a hostile Alien species, one that I'd rather avoid if possible!"

"This is dragon's tail. We're at the ready!" boomed Ed's voice, and Arizona snapped to alert.

"Dragon's belly is rumbling and ready to roll," The clear cut voice of Eve chimed in a few seconds later.

Arizona rapidly flicked ten top panel switches in tandem. This not only activated the forward facing cannon, it aligned the exterior cameras so that the soldiers had a 360 view of their surroundings. Arizona glanced at the screen and as expected, two Humvees banked on either side of the middle tanker, wrapping it in a flank.

"This is the dragon's wings, we're in position!" One of their driver's said loudly. Arizona bent his mic towards his mouth.
    "Well let's fly then," He bellowed over the engine and put his foot on the gas. A long pipe on his tank end shot out a green flare which signaled mission start, and soon enough he accelerated out into the frost. The tankers followed, the hangar gates closed and Arizona's HUD was replaced with a quiet terrain of ice and snow. From his feet Arizona could feel the heavy footsteps of a Titan as it crushed ice. Suddenly, large black figure sprinted past his window and he grinned.

"I've never doubted the Dragon defensive formation. But matched with a Titan, there will be no stopping us," Arizona boasted. He was confident, and it showed. but boasting was a thing very seldom seen on Eden he was quickly about to learn. No person who was forced to use a military class tanker and a flanking cade of armored Humvees just to get access to liquid water had any right to boast.

Book II: The long night

Jonas Short: Eden supervisor

Jonas Short operated his Titan with precision as he made his way through the wreckage of a massive ship. It was a skeleton now, twenty years in the frost had weathered it away, and though its crew members were all dead, their bodies were still well preserved by the cold. They could be found laying here and there, slumped in awkward positions untouched by time. Every now and then Jonas would step on one of them and he would scowl. It was downright disappointing how much money was wasted on them; Venture capital, allocated funds, these useless idiots had drained the corporate reserve. But where they failed he would succeed. Controlling the pedals of his Titan, he lifted a bulkhead from the snow and grasped a large data store underneath. It was large and spherical, and on its panel was written the familiar inscription: Property of the Blackrose Space Corporation.

"Contact Artemis. and tell her we've found the SS Genesis," He said to two other Titan's that stood on either side of him. "Now let's get out of here. If the Guardians find us, these suits will not protect us for long!"

"Yes master," the suits pilot's said clearly in unison. "What of the fruit?" They asked. Again in unison.

"Patience my children,"Jonas said and a smile curled on his lips. "The fruit will come. But it is not yet ripe to devour!"
    Last edited by Rhunhildr; 04-25-2014 at 09:59 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Mieke had suited up fast and was dashing for the hanger, for despite her hope it would be cancelled, she had been informed they did want her on the mission…. just her luck!

Though it had made the guy in the armoury give her a confused look, likely wondering what a techie wanted with weapons, she had got her pair of gyro-jet pistols with twin holsters and a good variety of ammo for them. She wasn’t going to get herself killed just to keep up the facade!

As she approached the vehicles, the convoy as it was referred, she was told to jump in the tank at the front…. at she was in the heavy armed and armoured vehicle…. but realized that meant the one likely with the commander in it. And sure enough as she jumped in, several soldiers shifting to make room for her, the driver was Arizona himself, and he looked at her with a very studying look.

As she and the rest strapped in, Arizona spoke to her, and his words were anything but comforting. Being told she was filling some big shoes just reminded her how badly she filled the present ones… though at least the boots for the field suit were more her style… and she nearly groaned as he said he’d read her file. That was her sister’s file, and she likely would do fine, but he’d be less likely to think things fine if he knew it was the real her.

His last comment though was the clincher; work fast went they reached the AO? Alien species? She just might get her and others killed? “Yes, sir.” Was all she answered though?

Fantasy, Anime, Sci-fy, Dark Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Eran sat back in his chair and sighed. He had finally ran threw the drone's programs and fixed any bugs that he could find in the 20 minute period, including the tracking bug that was in there. Now all that remained was going back into the Dream Machine and back onto that snowball. It would be nice to have Mika here to run diagnostics with him but honestly he didn't have the time to find her. Besides, he could run them himself in the pod. Another person simply sped up the process.

Going into the pod a HUD similar to that of the Drone's appeared. One thing that he did notice was that there was now a timer and a clock in the top left corner. He wasn't sure if it would but smiled to see that the program was running good. The Dream Machine went and checked his vitals and senses.
    SIGHT: OK
    TOUCH: OK
    TASTE: DISABLED
    HEARING: OK
    SMELL: DISABLED
    MOVEMENT: DELAY BY .05 SECONDS
    SETUP COMPLETE. NOW CONNECTING TO SURFACE DRONE #2.

Eran felt the familiar jolt as his consciousness connected to the drone currently in the Humvee. The lights flickered on as Eran saw the HUD in his face. It was the exact same from when he was in the pod along with the diagnostic information that he saw from before. He turned his head to see that they were still driving in the ice. He turned to see the back seat and saw a new face that he hadn't seen before. She looked more like a scientist than a Marine. The drone turned to look at Arizona. "Who's the new face?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mika sighed in relief as a the man suddenly caught the star and handed it back to her. The sight of her tangled in a bramble of tree with white styrofoam and glitter in her hair must have looked pretty silly, and she blushed a little as the man watched her.

"Thank you so much Mister" Mika said taking the star. But there was some blood on her arm which she only noticed when she extended her arm, and the man told her she should go to see a doctor. Mika was a little torn, because her beeper had suddenly gone off too, warning her that Eran was back, but an injury was an injury!

"Oh, I'm bleeding a little. I guess you're right," Mika said surprised. "Do you know where the doctor's office is?" She asked. She thought it was rude to talk to someone like that before introducing herself, so she asked: "What's you're name? I'm Mika Matsumoto Communications technician, cookie baker, and decorator extraordinaire!" Despite her arm, she smiled broadly and her voice remained cheerful.

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1718192021 ... LastLast