Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 383940

Thread: [M] An Ideal Husband [Roleplaychick x Kiki]

Ketchup Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Emma smiled reassuringly once Stephen mouthed to her after she grew silent from her vow, her hands squeezing his gently as well. All their time together, all of their kisses, their hugs, crying, laughing and playing had lead to this moment, and Emma was overjoyed, almost unable to contain herself.

Emma looked down as Stephen reached into his pocket, and gasped aloud as she extracted a thin band and carefully slipped it on her finger. Her hand went to the mouth in astonishment, a secondary piece of jewelry to adorn her delicate hand. She stared at it and then at him, her eyes widened. She quickly recovered as the preacher turned to her. Emma's eyes lifted to look at the old man, and biting back a laugh, and then a small knowing look at Stephen, silently and playfully chastising him for booking the exact same old preacher gentleman who had already married them once, taking her joke about the notion seriously. "Do you, Emma, take Stephen to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

Emma answered immediately, unwavering, "I do." And again, Emma's hands squeezed Stephen's tighter momentarily. Her lips already warmed just knowing he would kiss her, and then they would belong to one another, once and for all.

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Romance, Historical, Modern, Sci-fi, Adventure, Action
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

The preacher smiled warmly, "by the power vested in me, I pronounce you," then he hesitated a moment, his voice barely low, so only able to be heard by Emma and Stephen, "again". His eyes darted to them and he smiled mischievously, before finishing, "husband and wife. Stephen, you may kiss your bride."

Moving his hands to her cheeks, Stephen gently cupped Emma's face, his thumb brushing her cheek for a moment before he leaned in and kissed her deeply. He smiled against her lips, stepping slightly closer as he let the kiss linger, then pulled back, just enough for him to whisper, "I love you," before kissing her again.

The audience clapped and cheered, and Stephen's mother tried to do both, but was too busy dabbing at her eyes with a handkerchief to really be doing much of either. Stephen smiled and looked at Emma, his eyes bright and full of love. "My wife..." he whispered, stroking her jaw gently. "Now I can show you off to everyone..." he slowly turned and looked at the audience, taking Emma's hand. The preacher smiled and looked at the couple, then at the audience, "may I present, for the first time, Lord and Lady Hawthorne."
    Amazing set made by the wonderful
    -[Karmic Atelier]-

Ketchup Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Emma could hardly hear herself laughing merrily after Stephen kissed her and as the crowd began cheering and clapping and crying. Emma warmed as soon as Stephen clasped her hand, and she wiggled her fingers into the spaces between his, intertwining their hands, her other hand still holding the white and lavender bouquet. She dared to smile mischievously at Stephen, "Lady Hawthorne. Lady Emma Hawthorne. Has a nice ring to it, don't you think?" She smiled cheekily, bumping him playfully with her hip before tugging at his hand, bringing herself and he into the crowd of guests as champagne was already beginning to be passed out. The violinists had begun again, strumming soft but happy tunes as Emma and Stephen made their way about, smiling and shaking hands, and thanking everyone. Emma didn't even know all of the guests in attendance, but it really didn't matter to her. Every time her eyes turned to Stephen's, she flushed and was incredibly happy to find that his eyes were already on her.

The wedding reception lasted many hours after, the sun from its afternoon position, sinking towards dusk - the sky painted a deep pink and blue. Emma momentarily found herself looking at it, recounting how not more than a number of months ago, she had seen a similar sky before the night of her presentation - the same night she met Stephen. The balcony where they had met loomed not more than two stories above her. Emma sipped champagne gently, carefully to pull up her dress as she scooted about the party, laughing merrily as Stephen had scooped her up and danced with her gaily. Now as husband and wife, their close proximity no longer seemed so scandalous, and Emma savored being able to rest her head against his shoulder or collarbone, and kissing him whenever she wanted to. Her mother and father beamed at her the whole night, her sister and her own husband seemingly just as happy for her and Stephen, congratulating them a number of times as the party progressed.

As the sun sank further, Emma caught Stephen's eye in a private moment. She drew close to him, affectionately running her hand over his, easing her arms then around his middle, hugging herself to him. "Shall we go home, Lord Hawthorne? My things should have already been sent there." Emma grinned widely up at him before perching on her tiptoes to kiss him gently, radiating happiness and love. Her lips grazed his ear, resting there, a soft longing tone in her voice, as she swayed against him, an intimate embrace masked as a slow dance, "Take me home with you. I love you, Stephen Hawthorne. I should like to see what you've done with the Master bedroom." She was sure he could feel her widening grin against his cheek.
    Last edited by Kiki; 01-23-2015 at 03:58 AM.

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Romance, Historical, Modern, Sci-fi, Adventure, Action
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

The evening had been perfect. The couple talked, laughed and were congratulated by all in attendance. As the evening continued on, Stephen found himself holding closer to Emma, becoming more and more comfortable in their now socially acceptable nearness. Their parents were overjoyed, and more than once, they could be found talking together about the future and possible grandchildren- to Stephen's surprise.

When Emma spoke, asking him to take her home, he couldn't help but smile, nodding gently and kissing her lips. "Let's go home, Lady Hawthorne..." His hands held the small of her back, keeping her close to him. Gently, tenderly, his lips brushed against her jaw, kissing several times before whispering again. "I can't wait to see the bedroom either..."

A servant was found and the carriage was called for. Stephen smiled, gently ushering Emma through the crowd, their friends and family beginning to wish them well. By now, it was dark, and the servants had lit hundreds- if not thousands of candles, and the whole garden seemed to glow. Merry wishes and joyful cries filled the air as the carriage was pulled around. To the couple's surprise- it was an open air carriage and had been adorned with boughs of lavender roses, streamers and ribbons. Stephen laughed and smiled, then leaned down and kissed Emma before he swept her up into his arms. The congregation cheered as he carried her up into the carriage and set her down, then kissed her once more.

"Three cheers for the couple!" someone shouted, and the pair were drowned by the shouts and cries of those in attendance. Upon their final cry, they all released the flower petals that had been held in their hands, and they came down in a shower around Stephen and Emma. With a start, the carriage pulled away, and Stephen kissed Emma once more, the crowd behind them quickly fading away.

The drive to the Hawthorne Estate was quick, and Stephen was surprised when they had pulled up in front of the home. He smiled, the house seemed to glow, and he knew that his plans had been set in motion. No servant came out to meet them, but he knew James was there, and if all had gone to plan- he had prepared everything.

"My bride..." Stephen smiled, stepping out of the carriage and then helping Emma out. "Home. We are home..." Eagerly his lips found Emma's, and he kissed her deeply, before scooping her up into his arms again. "It wouldn't be proper if I didn't carry you across the threshold, hmm?" he teased, then pressed another kiss to her lips as he moved up the steps and into the house.

For the most part, the house was dark, but starting at the base of the stairs, there was a trail of candles leading up and disappearing around the corner, leading towards the master bedroom. Stephen couldn't help but smile when he saw it. "May I take you to our room?" he murmured, keeping Emma in his arms as he slowly climbed the stairs, pressing a kiss to her lips every now and then. The candles continued down the hall and to the door of the master bedroom.

The door was shut, and Stephen stopped in front of it for a moment. His eyes met Emma's in the near darkness and he gently nudged her nose with his, "shall we, my love?" he whispered, his lips just brushing hers. Slowly he reached out and turned the knob.

The room was decorated in pale greens and whites, a large bed sat off to the right side, with new linens and plush pillows. To the left was a sitting area with a snug loveseat, as well as a dark wooden desk. In the very center of the room, lined by two massive windows, was the fireplace, a cheerful fire started, keeping the room warm. Everywhere that could be set, were candles and bouquets of lavender roses. Stephen smiled even more, his eyes glancing around the room, before he carried Emma to the bed, set her down, and kissed her lovingly.

"Welcome home, my love."
    Amazing set made by the wonderful
    -[Karmic Atelier]-

Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 383940