Page 1 of 12 123 ... LastLast

Thread: (M) Forgotten Dawn OOC

Red Ninja
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Default (M) Forgotten Dawn OOC

Rated M for possible mature content including sex, violence, language, graphic situations, and drug use.

Forgotten Dawn

Walk from the night, and search for the light

IC is up

Excerpt from the fabled Light's Blessing text

When we are born, each of us is blessed with a specific power. This is known as our birth essence, it gives each of us natural power over a single aspect of life. Either of Creation or of the Elements, and as long as there is sun above our heads never will this power fail to manifest on it's own Magus Ink only makes this power easier to summon. No one short of the Gods themselves have the right to take this away.

Story: Night is simply a time to sleep, make love, and spend time with families for some. But in another world in another time night is all there is. Scorned by the Gods for their vanity the Inkkin, a people that live in the eternal night that is their homeland of Nyx. While the Pillar makes the laws the Beacon and his Lightbringers oppress with their "divine rights", extortion, greed, lust. There is nothing they won't do to keep the people reliant on the Temple of the Light and under the iron fist of the Beacon.

That is about to end though, the Pillar has been keeping track of the Beacon and his wrong-doings delving into the Archives that survived the great disaster and looking closely at whatever newer documents he could free from the Temple's clutches. In all his searching he found a few things, the Beacon was an immortal that had somehow managed to fool the masses, this alone he couldn't use because the devout would simply say it was a gift from the Gods to lead them until the curse is lifted. The second thing he found would be one of the last nails in the Beacon's coffin. There is a lost text from the Luminescent Codex known as the Light's Blessing. It was written by the sun god himself and in it he stated that the power granted by Magus Ink is natural and the MagInk itself only makes it easier, no where does it say MagInk is the only way to do it. If this information got out though it would destroy every aspect of the Temple's power. The last thing he found though was the single most important bit of hope he could find. There was a pair of spells in this lost text that could both plunge the world into darkness and free it from this darkness spell. The Pillar knew the Beacon would have plans in place to stop anyone from getting this text, any normal group would be obliterated the second the Lightbringers got wind of their plan.

No this would require a group trained to handle the most dangerous of situations, this would require the Aurora. The Pillar's personal guards, and the best warriors in Nyx, under the protection of the Pillar's sphere of influence they are above the Beacon's oppressive tactics and can move more freely throughout the land. Caution would still need to be taken, nothing good ever came without risk. To return the sun to their world the Aurora Guard must fight the night and bring about the end of the Beacon's reign of terror. Will they succeed? Will the so called "Chosen" of the Gods destroy them? Join our ranks and find out.

Premise: The premise for this is each player is a member of the Pillar's Royal Guard, the Aurora on orders of the King himself you are tasked with bringing back the sun, the King has been following the Beacon's life and found many odd things. For one, the man always wears full robes even covering his face, and the Beacon is ancient..more ancient than any of the other Inkkins. While the devout would call this a blessing from the Gods and proof positive the Beacon is the divine bridge between this world and the world beyond, the Pillar disagrees. The way the Temple treats people isn't how it says in the Luminescent Codex, it should be the modest and just organization that is spearheading the return of the sun, instead they oppresses and abuse the populace in the name of divine right. This must stop, and the only way to do so is to bring back the sun and prove just how much of a fake the Beacon is.

That will be our mission, journey deep into the world of night and find the missing book of the Codex. The Light's Blessing in it the Pillar hopes to find away to break whatever curse has been upon them since before the first Beams touched their world. It will not be easy, the Beacon refuses to lose his hold on the Inkkin and will fight with any means he can to stop the brave members of the Aurora Guard.

Spoiler: info for the masses 

Accepted/Reserved spots.

Torch

Wolfblade
    by Siks

Raiko by MarchingThunder

Silent Night by Bio.

Beam

Earthshifter by Tyler Gibbons

Sidewinder by Epostle

Glow

Wolfe by Roberts

Tanto by Imperial1917

Spark

Reapershield by Van

Name:

Appearance(Pic or Description):
    MagInk(school, actual tats, and abilities):
    Non-MagInk gear:
    Non-MagInk skills/abilities:

Sexual Orientation:
    History(At least a paragraph):
    Personality:
    Other:

1. All RPA Rules and Mature Section rules apply.
    2. I made this a mature RP for the reason of creative freedom, anything goes for the most part as long as none of the rules are broken
    3. I am the GM and as such I have the last say in issues.
    4. Any issues between players deal with in PMs.
    5. If the problem persists send me both sides and I'll see if I can help.
    6. If I help and it continues ask a mod or get out.
    7. Be active and post at least a paragraph a post.
    8. Ignorance of the rules won't save you if you break them.
    9. Be smart, have fun, and no modding or powerplaying.
    10. Any new RP ideas are welcome just run them by me and I'll see about working them out.
    11. Inactivity will be punished by the death of your char.
    12. I am the only judge of inactivity, when the RP is going well it's a week unless you send me word of your inactivity then I'll pull you along but after two weeks your character will be on the chopping block unless you have a good reason for not being around. And after three weeks they die no matter what.
    13. Your rank dictates the number of MagInk you have and how powerful they are.
    14. Your name must describe your Inks either directly like Wolfblade or mean them like Raiko.
    15. You can mix and match MagInks from within schools and combine them to make a better attack, BUT you do it too much it'll burn you out quicker. This is more true for the Element School than the Creation School, but Creators will still be under the same restrictions as Elementals should they do too much.
    16. Your MagInk must be within the limits of your rank.
    17. It's first come first serve for ranks, a spot can be held for a week. After that though you lose the spot unless you give me a good reason.
    18. You can mix and match the various kinds or focus on one kind and maximize it. There are a few aspects that fall under the sphere of power for each aspect; I.E. for the Storm Element, not only can you summons bolts of lighting should your power and rank be high enough but you can use magnitisim to levitate, move metal objects, blast someone with iron sand.
    19. Each aspect needs it's own rune/sigil/picture and even if they are within the same element count towards your total number of MagInk.
    20. Same goes for the Creation school; I.E. You have two identical swords tattooed down your arms they count as two MagInk not one.
    21. There is no crossing between schools only within a school. I.E. You can't have a sword on your arm from the Creation School and be able to control fire from the Element School.
    22. If you've read down this far, put the last meal YOU had in the Other slot of your sheet.

*I reserve the right to add, delete, or change anything at any time.*

Feel to ask any questions, say any ideas, or present any concern you may have.
    Last edited by SikstaSlathalin; 03-08-2014 at 05:55 AM.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Spoiler: Levi Repearshield- Creator 
    Last edited by Vanity&Ecstasy; 02-23-2014 at 11:21 PM.

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

You got it Van, here's the start of my guy.

Name: Wolfblade

Appearance(Pic or Description):
    Spoiler: Wolfblade 

Spoiler: Creation School 

Non-MagInk gear: She carries a pair of normal steel swords that she hangs around her belt.
    Non-MagInk skills/abilities: Highly skilled swordswomen and leader. She's tough as they come and very good with her hands.

Sexual Orientation: Bisexual(but the only man she'd lie with would be Foxdagger should she ever find him.)
    History(At least a paragraph): Born to a devout family, growing up Wolfblade knew the Beacon's word was law above the Pillar's. Her family were the first to worship and the last to leave every day. She grew up knowing the Temple was always right that's why it didn't bother her when she got a wolf pup as her first MagInk at age two, even though she thought the Elemental School was far superior to the Creation School. Despite this though she had no choice so with a black wolf pup watching her back she began on the path she was meant for.

She was to be trained as a Lightbringer, the force behind the Beacon's words. She trained with the wolf pup and soon discovered her natural skill for blade, swords in particular. Excelling with the weapons she was granted a second Ink at age six the sword that goes down her left arm. While not uncommon for those in her situation it still made her the cool kid for a few years she even added blade to her name of Wolf.

With two Inks she marched confidently into adolescence, she even had herself a sweetheart to go home with, he was Foxdagger, And like her, he was a Creator with a skill in blades weapons, he was to daggers that Wolf was to swords. They were even serious enough to get their third MagInks together and have them match. They each got matching daggers Wolf on the underside of her left arm, and Fox got one under his right arm. They had plans to graduate Lightbringer training together and marry, but just as they were about to take the final vows of their training a Senior Lightbringer took a liking to Foxdagger and forced herself upon the seventeen-year old man.

Now in this society such a thing wasn't unheard of. As servants of the Gods the Beacon and Lightbringers were expected to mate and have many children. And being holy beings it wasn't considered being unfaithful if the individual was married. In fact Wolf had more siblings from Lightbringer Icequake than her own father. There was just something about it happening to you though that just seems wrong. After it happened she could see the life vanish from her young love's eyes. The next day he was gone and his parents had no clue where he went. It was too much for the young woman, she hunted down the Lightbringer that ravaged Foxdagger and gutted the woman in her sleep.

Before the body was even cooled Wolfblade was fleeing the city, something told her Foxdagger was alive and out past the city limits. She would find him and they would be outcasts together. Her plan wasn't meant to succeed though, she was caught by some members of the Aurora Guard. None of them had any love for the Temple or the Lightbringers so they had no problem taking the young woman into their ranks. In memory of her Foxdagger she got a second dagger like the other one under her left arm. This was her fourth Ink and the beginning of her new life.

The years passed and she worked her way up to the rank of Torch in the Aurora guards and took a shield as her last MagInk. Now at 32 she is the leader of her own squad and personally asked by the Pillar to embark on a quest to find the sun and end the tyranny of the Beacon and his Lightbringers, even if it means being body and soul against her family.

Personality: Wolfblade is as dedicated to the Pillar as the Beacon's minions are to him. She takes pride in her job and considers it the highest honor to guard the true ruler of the Inkkin. As tough and rocky as she seems though she's a kind woman with a soft spot for the weak and oppressed. She's tempted the wrath of the Lightbringers numerous times in the past trying to stop them from exercising "divine right" over the huddled masses of Nyx.
    Other: Microwave pizza
    Last edited by SikstaSlathalin; 02-28-2014 at 07:52 PM.

Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When I get access to a proper computer I will make my character

Giga Onion
    Give me an Idea and I'll see what I can do
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

I shall reserve beam if it is quite alright?

Anything and Everything.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Name: Nesei Raiko
    Themesong: ACDC - Thunderstruck
    Appearance:
    Spoiler: Nisei Raiko 

MagInk:

Spoiler: Nesei's Tattoos 

Spoiler: Belly Tattoo 

Spoiler: Chest Tattoo 

Spoiler: Lower Back/Rear Tattoo 

Spoiler: Outer Thigh Tattoo 

Non-MagInk gear:
    ~Four small silver knives
    ~Two one-handed swords
    ~Two large bags of ironsand
    ~Two bags of steel ball bearings
    Non-MagInk skills/abilities:
    ~Hand-to-hand combat
    ~Dual Wielding
    ~Cooking
    ~Mathematics
    ~Electrical Engineering (for lack of a better word, she understands electricity and how it functions very well)

Sexual Orientation: bisexual
    History:
    Nesei comes from a relatively remote and reclusive village a good distance away from the Temple. Within this village, a few uncommon genetic traits have survived since before the disappearance of the sun. One such trait is the darkened skin that every member of her village sports, along with the occasional white hair. After reaching the age of twelve, Nesei joined the guard and left her village where she rapidly earned her Inks and became comparable to older scholars on a select few subjects. Having Risen to the rank of Torch, Nesei now commands a prominent position within the guard and looks to advance further, she has yet to decide upon and receive her fifth Ink.
    Personality:
    Nesei is a proper young woman for all intent and purposes when dealing with her superiors and most people in public circumstances. In private and with those she knows well, Nesei is cynical, sarcastic, and lazy. behind all of this, is a very firm set of morals and ideals that she holds to in her decisions. She abhors the strong picking on the weak and can never stand those with excessive egos. She is proud of her accomplishments and is quite confident in her powers, and in herself physically.
    Other: Turkey soup and rolls
    Last edited by MarchingThunder; 02-23-2014 at 05:27 AM.
    "An absolute beginner on a real battlefield is a self-solving problem. An absolute beginner in a videogame is the concept of handicap given human form."
    -Cracked.com 6 Idiots you meet in every online game

Fantasy, Anime, Sci-fy, Dark Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Without insanity, there is no sanity.
    Without insanity, there is no normality.
    Without insanity, nothing is interesting and everything would be predictable.
    -Silent Night
    Name: Silent Night
    Theme song - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKmCATB9Ab8

Appearance(Pic or Description): https://safebooru.org//samples/968/sa...de0.jpg?973410

Eyes - Body, https://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/i/20...66-d3a1euz.png, put on both eyes. This tattoo heals his eyes to grant him sight.

Bottoms of his feet - Body, https://fc05.deviantart.net/fs42/f/20...ockGolem87.png
    The tattoo on his feet allow him to move silently. This doesn't make him lighter or faster but makes his footsteps inaudible.

Tongue - Mind, https://www.reelyloc-aufkleber.de/sho...-homunculi.jpg , This tattoo allows him to delve into people's minds. Once there he can see what they see or manipulate what they see.

Non-MagInk gear: hidden blades underneath his sleaves
    Non-MagInk skills/abilities: heightened senses (due to blindness), martial arts, playing music.

Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual

History(At least a paragraph): Silent Night was born in a remote village outside of any city. He was born blind, and therefore he couldn't do much. His parents protected him and almost never let him outside in fear of him hurting himself. Night hated this, and when his parents took him to get his MagInk, he had a special request for the Inkmaster.

Night asked for the first tattoos to be put on his eyes. The Inkmaster warned him about the process and that it may not even work. He didn't care and still asked for it. The process was more painful than he could ever imagine, and even then he couldn't use his magic for about six months for his eyes to heal. During that time they trained his other senses to be extremely heightened and taught him self defense.

Night decided to get the rest of his tattoos to match his name, and became a silent agent for the Pillar.

Personality: Silent Night is quiet and technical. Though he will talk he will not go out of his way to start a conversation. He is friendly despite his quiet attitude and dislikes people who are cold to others. When someone does get into a conversation with him he is quite funny and sarcastic. When people get to know him he has a very good personality.
    Other: Horrible chicken wings
    Last edited by Bionicllama; 02-24-2014 at 01:53 AM.

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

March: She looks good.

Bio: You're too young to be a Torch it's equal to Sergeant in the world's militarises so you need to be at least mid 20s. Second your name doesn't describe your Inks you need something like Wolfblade, and third Creature isn't part of the Elemental School it's part of Creation, you need to change that to something Elemental, or invest fully in the Creation school and get rid of your Body and Wild MagInk.

Fantasy, Anime, Sci-fy, Dark Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok, sorry. I will edit a little later when I get some sleep. Right now I am in that loopy stage of sleepiness and I can't really think right now.

Also, I didn't think that my name needed to reflect my powers otherwise I would've done it.

PS: LOVE THE DEADPOOL THEME YOU'VE GOT GOING ON!

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

It's in the info and rules mate. They lost their culture and as such they lost much of their knowledge involving names. So they just took to calling themselves by there MagInks.

And thanks mate.

Page 1 of 12 123 ... LastLast