Page 1 of 108 12351 ... LastLast

Thread: (M) University of St. Lorelei OOC

Red Ninja
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Default (M) University of St. Lorelei OOC

Rated M for possible mature content including romance and sexuality, violence, language, graphic situations, and drug use.

University of St. Lorelei. (Monster High School RP brought to you by Siks and March)

Get ready for a frighteningly good year

IC is here.

Story: For centuries monsters and humans have been at odds. Many times it ended in war and whole families being wiped out. The toll on both sides was enormous, as much as the two sides hated each other they knew the fighting wouldn't stop until one of them was wiped from the face of the earth. To save the world from that level of carnage, the Treaty of Trenn was signed by the Monster King and the Grand Slayer of the human races best group of hunters. In this Treaty which still hangs on the wall of King Tor's castle all hostilities on designated ground are ceased and two institutions were established to train and prepare young Slayers and Monsters for the world and teach them the proper way to deal with each other.

The University of St. Lorelei(named after the King's most valiant General that gave her life defending him) is where the Monster are trained and the Silver Academy is where young Slayers are trained how to combat the monsters that break the Treaty or those that might potentially break the Treaty. Lost in the words of the Treaty though is a clause very few have knowledge of. As a part of training spies are placed in each school to learn the ways of the enemy and eventually kill one of the students. For the Monsters this isn't until after graduation, but for the Slayers their time is before graduation. Many who know about this think it's a cruel lesson to learn but others see it's validity. Every year since the signing of the treaty the massive war has been going on only there is no great battles, no oceans of blood, just a simple death caused by a knife in the night.

Now coming upon the Bi-Centennial of the Treaty another school year has begun and the Monster students are making ready for their first day and the Slayer students are working on their cover stories and getting last minute advice from their mentors. From the dawn of 7th grade to the dusk of 12th grade, youngsters from all over the world will converge on University of St. Lorelei and hopefully live to see the end of the school year.

Spoiler: Info for the masses 

Spoiler: In-depth class run-downs 

Spoiler: Clubs and extra curricular activities 

Spoiler: Dorms and sleeping Arrangements 

Character List

Teachers

Spoiler: The Faculty 

Spoiler: Quick reference student schedules 

Students

Spoiler: Seniors 

Spoiler: Juniors 

Spoiler: Sophomores 

Spoiler: Freshmen 

Spoiler: Character Sheets 

Spoiler: Class schedule sheet for students 

1. All RPA Rules and Mature Section rules apply.
    2. We made this a mature RP for the reason of creative freedom, anything goes for the most part as long as none of the rules are broken
    3. March and I are the GMs and as such we have the last say in issues.
    4. Any issues between players deal with in PMs.
    5. If the problem persists send myself or March both sides and we'll see if we can help.
    6. If we help and it continues ask a mod or get out.
    7. Be active and post at least a paragraph a post.
    8. Ignorance of the rules won't save you if you break them.
    9. Be smart, have fun, and no modding or powerplaying.
    10. Any new RP ideas are welcome just run them by myself or March and we'll see about working them out.
    11. Inactivity will be punished by the death of your char.
    12. The GMs are the only judge of inactivity, when the RP is going well it's a week unless you send us word of your inactivity then we'll pull you along but after two weeks your character will be on the chopping block unless you have a good reason for not being around. And after three weeks they die no matter what.
    13. No Hybrids or Celestial Beings allowed amongst players every other not OP race is allowed though.
    14. Monsters have Racial Abilities but you are limited to 4 of those and 3 learned abilities.
    15. Slayers don't really have Racial Abilities but they are allowed to know four spells and 3 additional abilities. They are also allowed 2 bits of simple gear to help them survive St. Lorelei's.
    16. Teachers will have a separate sheet with limits on abilities upping to 5 racial and 4 learned.
    17. All abilities need to be racial and age appropriate for your char and nothing OP.
    18. Slayers must be humans but they also must be magical humans so they can fit into a monster school without raising too much suspicion.
    19. Ages are 13-19 for Students.
    20. No on younger than 20 nor older than a couple hundred for the Teachers.
    21. There will be no killing on either side amongst players. Fighting yes, killing no.
    22. Teachers will be more secondary characters that the GM will control if need be, but not until it's needed.
    23. You can reserve a spot but it will only be held for a week. Then you lose it.
    24. Two char limit for everyone.
    25. If you've read down this far and you're playing a student, put their schedule in the Other Section of the sheet. If you're playing a Teacher put their mode of transport in the Other Section.

We reserve the right add, change, delete anything at any time.

But questions and concerns are always welcome.
    Last edited by SikstaSlathalin; 04-12-2014 at 01:35 AM.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

Mystic of the Grimoire
    Working on sun lab.. need more A/C portals
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Name: Sasha Alutia
    NickName: SpitFire
    Age/Grade: 14/Freshmen

Spells:
    Light: Using a small amount of magic, she is able to create a ball of light that can be used to light up a 10ft diameter around her.
    Bolt: A short burst of energy that she can fire from her hand like a bullet.
    Wall: A 7ft dome around her that can help protect her from attacks for 10s.
    Magic song: With both of her hands on her neck, she can produce an audible sound that causes localized bursts of spell to those within range of hearing it. It is highly draining and does cause pain to her throat.

Additional skills: Flame eater - Due to her natural element being fire, she can consume fire in small bursts to heal her body, though this doesn't last for long and still leaves her hungry.
    Fire Guard: Due to her element, she can easily handle and get hit by fire with taking minimal damage from it.

Gear:
    N/A

Pet: An owl named Sudi

Appearance:
    Spoiler: Sasha 

History: Born to a small hamlet in the mountains, Sasha was at a severe disadvantage. Her town was know prominently as holy magic users, and that was the only magic that they taught their children in. With no affinity in using holy magic as she was born to fire, she was constantly struggling to build up her magic.

As she grew, she began to repress her fire magic, resulting in her near stunted growth of magic, and weakened use of holy energy, though she could still feel her fire magic grow. She was thankful though to be able to leave her small town and head to the school as a slayer, hoping that they could help increase her use in holy, or the small bit help her become more used to fire powers.

Personality: Sasha is a smart and cautious girl, though easily agreeable with other students. She is friendly with any others, knowing full well what it is like to be an outcast, and will happily work to help others become more comfortable with themselves, despite that she denies what she is. While she is slow to anger, she can stay angry for a long time and is usually brash when she is angered. Though, there is the odd occasion where she has a bit of a hot streak, usually snarky and playful.

Sexual Orientation: Unsure, as it has not been on her mind for her.

Personal Items: A worn silver cross that she wears around her neck, a parting gift from her mother when she left home. It resides on a worn string necklace.

~Sweets
    ~Reading

Dislikes:
    ~Bigots
    ~Swimming
    ~Cold food

Spoiler: Class Schedule  

Last edited by Koti~; 03-02-2014 at 03:42 AM.

"Even Dreams, can be a nightmare"
    Spoiler: Click it, I dare ya! 

The Froggiest
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)

Very tempting fishing line Siks, very tempting

Anyway...you probably already know all this, but you also know it's my job <333

Here are a few links that will help your game get noticed:

First, why not submit your thread for the Roleplay of the Week? Every week roleplays are featured in a site-wide message on the main homepage, and if yours is selected members would have access to it from the homepage- how nifty is that?

Second, if you need help with graphics for your RPotW submission, check out our Banner shop!-here there are plenty of talented people willing to help out.

Also, the Roleplaying Games Directory is one place where people can go to look for new RPs. Try advertising in here?

Another cool way to get your game out is through Staff Siggies- when new RPs are posted here, we add them to our signatures so that all members can see.

Finally, why not read a little extra with the RPA Tribune?

Good luck and have fun!

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Usually Ana drops these off.

Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Just Your Average Anomaly
    I'm up for just about anything except for most sci-fi and anything sexually mature.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

What types of classes would there be?
    Spoiler: Links 
    Spoiler: RPG Role 

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

They're in the info for the masses spoiler.

Giving people the heebie-jeebies in various forests.
    Lots of genres.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm reserving two characters. One is going to be a teacher, the other a student, and both in the 'monster' community.

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Jolly good.

Anything and Everything.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Name: Aurorous Constellation Aionios
    Class/Grade Taught: Headmistress

Race: Alicorn
    Racial Abilities:
    Magic Wellspring - Aurorous has a near unlimited amount of raw magical power that she is capable of channeling for her spells.
    Null - Aurorous has no magical affinity, and as such she is capable of casting spells with any elemental alignment
    Additional Abilities/skills:
    Fast Learner - Aurorous may be bull headed, but she learns incredibly quickly and picks up on the smallest details with ease. Application is another matter entirely though
    Familiar: None

Appearance: Aurorous is a tall, thin, winged, unicorn type creature known as an alicorn. Her eyes face forward on her long, narrow head and are electric blue in coloration. Across the entirety of her body is a soft, short black fur that carries a sheen at almost all times. Aurorous's wings are covered in varying lengths of midnight black feathers. Aurorous's mane and tail are what are the main indication of her magic potency. Both of them resemble a slice of night sky from the far north during a display of the northern lights. Her mane and tail are both ethereal masses of constantly shifting colors. If one reaches into her mane of tail, they can pull out individual hairs from the mass, which will continue to color shift, however if let go of, they will melt back into the mass.

When standing at her full height, Aurorous is six foot one at the eye level with her horn reaching a height six foot eleven, when sitting on her rump Aurorous comes in at four foot two at the eye level. Her wing span is fourteen feet nine inches. The horn on her head is situated just above her eyes and in the middle of her forehead. It is fourteen inches long and an inch and a half at the base before tapering to a wicked sharp point. She is capable of manipulating apple sized objects with her somewhat flexible fore hooves though she more often than not uses her magic.

Besides her equine form, Aurorous is quite capable of shifting her form to take on a number of other shapes, however most often she takes on the form of a very attractive woman with soft pale skin, astral hair like a night sky, and bright cyan eyes. A mark of her origin as an alicorn in this form though is that her sprial black horn remains high on her forehead, though she is capable of hiding it with magic.
    Spoiler: Aurorous 

Spoiler: Aurorous Human 

History: Aurorous was born like most all alicorns in their home world of Avol where she spent the first one hundred and sixty-eight years of her life devouring every bit of magical knowledge she could find as she learned to control her vast magical power. During this time, Aurorous's hundredth birthday came to pass, at which point she adopted the surname 'Constellation' by choice as was custom for alicorns.
    Personality: Aurorous is a prideful, headstrong, and very learned alicorn and also one of the very few of her species to ever leave their home world. She holds morals as incredibly important, but she is more than willing to cast them aside if she needs to in order to teach someone a lesson as well as when she needs to win. At times she can be haughty and cold, but with her friends, Aurorous is very friendly and sociable, especially out of formal situations.
    Club: Aurorous heads the astronomy club
    Other: She Teleports
    Last edited by MarchingThunder; 03-05-2014 at 05:41 PM.
    "An absolute beginner on a real battlefield is a self-solving problem. An absolute beginner in a videogame is the concept of handicap given human form."
    -Cracked.com 6 Idiots you meet in every online game

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Haha ay Headmistress.

Page 1 of 108 12351 ... LastLast