Page 1 of 24 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Quest For Evergreen [M] [IC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Quest For Evergreen [M] [IC]

Rated M for: Violence, Gore, Language, Sexual Themes, Nudity, and Extreme Scenes

Sand. A half a mile of sand. This was the arena. A place of death and glory. A man walked out to the center of it and raised his hands. The crowd suddenly went quiet from their conversations and looked on. The man was middle aged, noticeably well fed and with an uninterested face, he did not seem to enjoy the place nor the company. His hand went up to point up to the people on the Pulvinus. Men and women dressed in royal garments, they sat with bored expressions waiting for the show of blood. The main seat was of a shining Ivory, the head of a lion at the very top and its paws to make the arms of the seat. In it sat a man with a pale complexion and deep blue eyes, his black hair falling around his shoulders as he looked on to the man in the middle of the arena.

"Today!! The City of Eudisyum honors its most honorable guest! We salute him with blood and glory! A display of deep respect from the best Gladiators in Strophya!! Let Eudisyum be remembered for giving this most honorable of guests a grand show! Never to be forgotten!" The man bowed towards the Pulvinus. The man in the Lion Seat waved it off and signaled him to rise. The presentator straightened up at the signal and smiled "Let us honor you Majesty! Our own Emperor! ESPHIRON!!" The crowd went wild with cheers and screams of happiness. "THE NINTH!!" The Emperor looked up as his subjects showered him with adoration. The bored look in his face left in only for a moment and he smiled. He slowly rose and raised his hands, the people once more going quiet.

"My people! It is you who share blood with me! It is you why I am here today!" He leaned on the rail of the Pulvinus and smiled "Let us enjoy this feast of blood and the macabre together! To appease the thirst for violence that fills our hearts! To quench the thirst for death! So that we may live in Peace as we have been!" He made a fist and touched his chest where his heart was with it, pounding it lightly "I feel as you do! That we are good, and brave! We are not intimidated by Demons!" The crowd roared out 'NOOOOO!!!' "We are not frightened by Elves or the Drow!" The crowd once more roared out 'NOOOOO!!!' "We are a Republic united under the banner of bravery and sacrifice! What we have, we have earned!!" The crowded once more rose and cheered "What we have!! It is ours by merit!!" The crowd got wilder and wilder. "What we have, we have because we are THEYSILON!!" The crowd exploded, making the arena shake with their cheers and shouts. The Emperor sat back down and smiled as he looked down at the presentator "Let us begins with the games Bauscus!"

Gannicus stood under the seats, listening to the deafening roar of the crowd. He smiled and shook off the dust that fell on him as they grew wilder and wilder for blood. Blood that he would spill. He looked over at the cages and saw the slaves chained up, waiting for their invitable deaths. His smile grew bigger still as he walked forward and leaned in on the bars "Do you hear their fucking screams!? They crave your blood! Your lives! They crave your hearts and tears!" He laughed as they looked at him. A scared lot. One of the few men allowed to walk free around the arena, and he took good advantage of it.

"GANNICUS!" A Mechanomicon shouted after him and pushed him aside "Do not taunt or speak to the slaves! They are not to be interacted with!" It turned its head and looked into the cell "Besides, they will all fall in due time. You on the other hand, will remain, you fucking cunt." Gannicus laughed and walked away "I apologize Executor, I but warn them of the horrors awaiting them. I will go prepare now. I am to be in the Primus, as always. Bet for me" The Mechanomicon looked at him as he walked away and shook his head "Arrogant cock, your end will come soon also. As soon as I am able to fight..." A slave touched the Mechanomicon's hand through the cell and spoke up "Please sir! I'm not meant to be here! I but took bread for my family! I swear!" The Executor looked down and grabbed the slave's arm and broke it "GET OFF ME! You fucking slave! Touching me with your filthy hands! You will die for the Emperor's entertainment! So get used to it!" The slave cradled his hand and cried as the Executor walked away. There was a long day of games ahead.
    Spoiler: Sigil of House Rein 

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

“AQUILLUS! AQUILLUS! AQUILLUS! AQUILLUS! AQUILLUS!”

The crowd cheered, their chant turning into a roaring, deafening din. Below them in the centre of the arena was Aquillus locked in a wrestling match with an Orc. Aquillus had the Orc at a complete disadvantage, bent double, and with its left arm extended upwards. Aquillus gripped out of elbow in his left hand and the wrist with his right.

He was looking for a sign of submission, for the Orc to beg for mercy, but no such sign came, so Aquillus put his right elbow on top of his left hand and using the leverage this provided him pushed the arm out, keeping his grip strong on the Orc’s elbow to prevent it from flexing. He kept pushing until he heard a snap and tearing of flesh as the elbow broke and the bone ripped through the skin.

The Orc howled in pain and went into a berserk rage throwing Aquillus off and quickly turning on him. Aquillus had been a step ahead. Orc’s were known for their blood frenzies.
    Aquillus was able to land firmly on his feet, with only a little give from his left leg that his own blood painted crimson from a deep gash on the front of his thigh.

The Orc charged swinging it’s broken limb like a club, the flesh holding it thread thin.
    Aquillus sidestepped and smoothly picked up the discarded broken spearhead that lay at his feet, wielding it backhand in his right hand.

The Orc charged again this time coming for from Aquillus’s left side. Aquillus waited until the Orc was close then, with a small side step and pivot backwards, Aquillus fully extended his right arm, using both the momentum from his pivot and the Orc’s charge to burying the spearhead deep into the Orc’s throat.

The Orc stood standing glaring at him with wild, hate filled eyes, as it’s heart beat it’s last slow, powerful beats before the light faded. Aquillus removed the spearhead from the Orc’s throat and let the lifeless corpse drop to the sand of the arena floor.

“AQUILLUS! AQUILLUS! AQUILLUS!”

The crowd cheered as Aquillus made his way out of the arena pit, heading towards the infirmary where his wounds would be magically stitched up.
    Last edited by Denraven; 03-14-2014 at 04:23 AM.

A Pilgrim
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Orc meat is no good!" Said a small green ugly goblin, sitting contentedly in his cage picking his nose. Splik was starving, and he was a chatterbox when bored, thus he talked about food. He wasn't even bothering to acknowledge the person in his neighboring cage, they all looked alike to him anyways. "Orc is tasting rotten! Even when fresh, me not eat it even if me skin and bones." He continued flicking a particularly large booger onto the ground below. "Elf is good meat! good flavor, very stringy have to cook it right. You do it good, it just fall right off bones!" The goblin shuddered in ecstasy as he remembered past meals. "Dwarf is gamey, but there lots of it. Halfling is best! plump in all right places!" He was tired of nasty stale bread, he wanted some meat! Even that gladiator looked good.

Splik remembered staring at him as he taunted them. He remembered those pectorals, he bet they were tough and he'd have to just chew, and chew, and chew…. Splik came back from his reverie and realized he actually had been chewing the air saliva dripping from his mouth. "Organs is good, best eaten fresh, no cooking," He continued standing up. He moved to the edge of his cage and opened his flap.

A happy sigh escaped his lips as a stream of urine splashed on the sand. "Don't worry, when me kill at my turn me give you meat, then me tell you story of The Honeyspring Mountains! It is to be new Goblin home," He nodded to himself as the stream died down. He gave another sigh before closing his flap. "Ugh this boring!" He groaned as he started pacing. "Stupid humans! Always make Splik wait, why not kill now?" He complained.
    Last edited by Kiall; 03-14-2014 at 04:09 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lútharon Echadiôn
    Lútharon looked around the cramped cells as he was dragged into the stadium, the atmosphere thick with a sense of dread and finality. He now pondered on his situation, he was Lútharon Echadiôn a young Elfling that until now understimated the tales of the hatred humans had against his kin, he was a young artificer, barely a journeyman and only had a decade or so since he started to learn the art of battle. He was not happy with his chances.

The elf, whose eyes no long ago held a spark of naivety and happiness now where full of cynicism, the world was harsh, and it seemed this day may be the end of his young life. "Orc meat is no good!" a small green goblin started rambling on the cell next to his. He didn't know what he thought was more nauseating at the moment, the fact goblins ate other sentiments or that humans enjoyed watching others murder each other.

Flinching only a little as the small goblin narrated the flavor of elf meat of all things Lutharon layed down on the dirty stack of hay on the ground wondering what his final moments would be like, indulging himself on self pity and depression as he waited, the thing that finally made him react thought were the last words the Goblin said "Stupid humans! Always make Splik wait, why not kill now?"" rage wanted to overtake Lutharon, but he did not have the strength to be angry at the moment, he barely had the will to stand as it was, so without moving the only thing he said was "If you are so desperate why don't you just try to kill a guard next time they come? maybe that way you can die and make the world a better place." not bothering to even look at the creature.

I Forgot My Title....
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Medieval Fantasy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Lyana sighed as she paced her small enclosure as well as she could. Today, for some reason, there was a strange, nearly inconceivable pallor in the air....but she could taste it. She didn't know what it meant, but it was there. She paced a minute more, sitting down again. That's really all there was to do in these cells: Pace and sit. Her eyes drifted to her bladed bow; oftentimes the overseers would confiscate her bow from her until fight time, but for some reason they had either forgotten or chose not to today. It was her only memory of her parents....the blades were rusted pretty badly, and no amount of washing and sharpening had succeeded in getting it off. She sighed. It was clearly magical rust, but she hadn't figured out how to get rid of it...

"HEY! Slaves are NOT allowed to carry weapons outside of the arena!" Lyana turned, facing a Mechanomicon glaring at her with his metal face. Lyana sighed and handed the bow over, a tear coming to her eye. The metal bot laughed tinnily, then stormed off to put it who knows where. Lyana patted the inside of her boot, where Old Faithful laid hidden in two pieces. Old Faithful was her brother's weapon, a monkey wrench. She had stolen it when she had killed him in the arena, and had hidden it ever since; she was amazed that the guards had failed to find it thus far.

A goblin was making a bit of a ruckus....Lyana wondered how anybody could ENJOY their time in the arena....except maybe Gannicus. Being the champion meant you were the most pampered slave.....Lyana envied him in the slightest bit for his skill, and wondered when she might get a chance at him in the Arena. She had been there a while, and had made a bit of a name for herself as the Kin-Killer; ever since that first match she had been demonized by the announcers, and the crowd loved throwing things at her, trying desperately to make her lose. Lyana had had to learn to ignore the white noise, and focus solely on her opponent, and how best to dismember him......she recalled match day was coming soon. She wondered what poor soul would kill or die at the hands of her next....
    Karma is the best.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

The loud cheering, the violence, the energy of the crowd and the amazing skill down in that sand pit brought back a feeling she had long forgotten. Caelia followed directly behind the Emperor as they made their way to their special seats to watch the battles that would be put on for them today. Her council robe hood cast a looming shadow over face only showing her blood red lips. She scanned the crowd as they moved to their section and she took her seat next to Esphiron. Caelia placed her staff in front of her body and kept her grip tight so she could attack at any moment if someone threatened the Emperor. She watched the man walk out to the center of the arena knew that it was about to begin.

Caelia couldn’t believe she was here sitting in the crowd and would be watching the action below her instead of being out there herself. She knew she had a higher purpose now and it would be beneath her to get out there and fight once again. She snapped out of her thoughts when Esphiron stood and began to give his speech to his people. She couldn’t help but chuckle when he mentioned not having fear of her kind of course he would never admit it but Caelia made everyone feel a slight pang of fear. Once the Emperor took his seat she leaned over and brought her mouth to his ear so he could hear what she had to say over the crowd.

“Must you always mention my kind in your speeches Esphiron?” Her red lips turned upwards into that evil little smile she would very rarely show. She slowly leaned back into her seat and waited for the battles to begin.

The first few battles weren’t too entertaining, typical back and forth struggle, with the eventual winner who showed off at the end of their battle. The next warrior stepped forward, Aquillus, into the sand pit and was paired up with an Orc. Interesting pair. She watched the battle and hoped that it would be more brutal than the last few fights since an Orc was involved but sadly it was just as tame as the other fights.

“The fights were much more violent when I was down there,” Caelia complained and shifted in her seat. “Where is this mighty Gannicus everyone was going on about when we arrived?” She asked mainly to herself than to anyone else around her. She had heard his fights were the best to watch and apparently he was quite the looker too. She was honestly ready to leave and return back to something that was worth her time.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Aquillus walked the halls of the arena, passing by the slave cages. He had once been confined to one of those in his early days when he was unproven. He did not miss them. Even from where he stood he could smell the piss and shit that was the permanent perfume of the cages.

Aquillus walked passed Gannicus, the champion of the arena, he had yet to fight him. Aquillus longed for the chance, two champions going at it, there could be no worthier of a fight. They had briefly trained at the same ludus together but had never fought or even sparred, but Aquillus had seen him fight, the man was a genius of combat, possessing a smooth, natural skill, as if he were born fighting.

Aquillus continued on towards the infirmary, which as he had learned was no more than a room with runes engraved into the walls that gave slow but immediate healing.

He walked into the centre of the room and felt his flesh slowly stitch itself together, it was an intense burning and itching sensation, akin to being stung by a desert scorpion or having salt poured into the wound. Aquillus was used to pain and barely felt it due to the natural self-numbing his body now easily gave to him for any sort of pain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dane arrived at the arena and he felt the excitement in his entire body. Since he was a very young boy he had always liked to watch gladiator fights. He was unable to explain this attraction, but it was one of the few distractions he allowed himself. Since he was formally employed by the Theysilon government, he had been able to get hold of a beautiful seat. A privilege not many citizens had. He walked slowly forward in the big crowd, and when he came through the entrance a young, childish boy showed him the way to his seat. The number of people around him made him frown, and he only made little progress towards his seat. The big staff he was holding was not making it easier.
    When he finally reached his seat he found a big, redfaced man standing in front of him, blocking the way. Dane looked at the man in anger, planted his staff with a firm movement on the ground in front of him and the sight of that made the big man step aside quick as lightning. Dane did not give the man a second look and sat down.

He had a perfect view on the arena, which was half a mile big, and he was sitting close to the Pulvinus. The walls around it blocked his sight partially, but he was able to see the bigger part of the place where the distinguished guests would sit down. The sand in the arena was hot and he could feel the warmth of the air above it. Dane did not like desert areas for the lack of water. As an ice mage he needed water to work with and in a hot, deserted desert, water was usually scarce. He moved the small bag of water he carried with him a bit, as to check whether he still had it close to him.
    Dane look around while he slowly stroked his small beard. Moments later he saw the Emperor, followed by his entourage, enter the Pulvinus.

The first thing he noticed was the Drow next to Esphiron. He was a bit surprised, for Drow were not exactly liked by the Theysilon and many soldiers had died because of them. He never met a Drow in person but his father mentioned them in his stories about the wars he fought in. “If you see one, better kill ‘m straight away, before they have a chance to hurt you”, he always proclaimed. But he proclaimed the same when he talked about Demons and Orcs.

It started when a man entered the arena, and pointed at Esphiron. Dane felt the excitement rise. When the Emperor made his speech, the crowd soon became ecstatic. He could not help being carried away and he realized that the long, pleasant day that he longed for, had just begun.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Writers are busy all day trying to solve problems they created themselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Emperor smiled as Celia talked to him. It was amusing to him that she would hold herself offended by words meant only to rouse the crowd. He looked towards her as the fights went on below them and raised an eye brow "But you are not just any regular Drow my dead, you are the Light Drow. Legend amongst your kind, myth brought to life." He placed his hand on hers and nodded "Yes, you are quite the sight to anyone with half a brain." His eyes once more fell on the fighters beneath them, his hand never leaving hers. The tension in the Main Capital was rising as the impending feeling of rebellion rose through the air. Spoken in hushed whispers and in dark corridors, the people were unhappy. They needed to be distracted. Eudisyum was serving its purpose, yet the games would only have a small effect on their psyche. He knew that.

Gannicus watched Aquillus go into the Healing Room and followed him in, carefully tying the straps on his armguards . His smile shone as he entered the room, the man was a victor once more. Yet, Aquillus was not someone that Gannicus feared or worried about. A man's death, whether by a Gladiator or some other man, was something that could not be stopped, and as such the thought of someone as skilled as Aquallius taking his life did not bother him. He sat next to the man and studied him. A fine gladiator. "Brother, how do you find yourself victor once more?"
    Spoiler: Sigil of House Rein 

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Celia shook her head in amusement as Esphiron spoke to her. "Come now, you're just fluffing my ego." His hand felt warm against her cold skin which brought a small grin to her face. She sat in silence for a moment watching the fighting continue one, watching the life leave the eyes of the opponent that had lost the battle. It was kind of barbaric if you thought about it...a large crowd of people cheering on the two warriors below them to fight to the death. The crowd only becoming entertained when someone's blood was spilt all over the sand arena.

"We should pay the prisoners a visit after this. See if anyone knows anything about the rumors popping up about you know what," She said referring to the rumors of the soon to come rebellion. Typically the people that were enslaved for the fights had knowledge on things like this and they would do just about anything to get out of there, even if that meant giving up a friend.

Page 1 of 24 123 ... LastLast