Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 313233

Thread: Firmitas~{Dragoon120 & NoviDome} [M]

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The middle boy glares at her, "You don't get to feel sorry."
    Alyssa flinches at this, but regains her composure. She looks at them silently, and they glare at the group in response.
    Atticus looks down at the little girl that is sobbing and sighs, "Let the adults handle stuff like this, you kids just need to focus on being kids."
    The oldest glares at Atticus, "The 'adults' have gone off the war and left us with cowards."
    Alyssa looks away at that, knowing that to be true. War takes away and never gives. These kids lost their father, and their mother is likely fighting in the war.
    Atticus tilts his head slightly, "Well, that's not my problem."
    His tone was cold, and Alyssa would have elbowed him in the ribs if he wasn't too far away.
    "War takes, boy. Get over it." Atticus says as he begins moving forward, "But kids are not the only ones suffering. Adults die, lose loved ones, and starve. War spares no one. Not kids, and not adults. Throw stones at air if you want something to blame, and keep a lot. You'll see war over and over again." Atticus' eyes darken at that, "It never stops, only slows."
    The kids stand, stunned.
    Alyssa takes the moment of pause made by Atticus to push through the crowd again.
    "...In the fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance My head is bloody, but unbowed..." ~ William Ernest Henley
    "If we do not end war, war will end us." ~H.G. Wells

March Member of the Month
    Action, adventure, romance, fantasy, horror, and I always like to try new things :)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Dina quietly follows. Atticus' words make her think about her father, but she pushes her emotions down and focuses on keeping her horse moving.

Fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Alyssa grips the reigns tightly, eyes looking above the throng of people. She doesn't want to see the angry glares and crying eyes.
    Soon, they reach the High Lord's castle at the edge of Crete, though it is heavily guarded this time around. The guards force the group to dismount and relieve their weapons, even going as far as patting them down.
    Alyssa pulls out a knife tucked in her boot and slams the hilt into a guard's hand. "Take it, I can fend for myself without it."
    Two guards rush over at that and Atticus grunts, "Relax, she's teasing."
    After saying that, he kicks her in the leg as if to tell her to shut up.
    "...In the fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance My head is bloody, but unbowed..." ~ William Ernest Henley
    "If we do not end war, war will end us." ~H.G. Wells

March Member of the Month
    Action, adventure, romance, fantasy, horror, and I always like to try new things :)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

The guards find Dina's dagger, but before they can take it out she pulls back in protest, shaking her head. One guard tries to grab her arm, but she quickly breaks free and shoves the guard into a wall.

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 313233