Page 1 of 23 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Fantasy Rp IC

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default A Fantasy Rp IC

BY DECREE OF THE HIGH KING VINCENT!!!!
    All magic use is here by illegal! Anyone caught using magic or hiding any magic users will be arrested and killed!!! If you see any magic user please immediately alert your local watch or immediately contact the Paladin Core!!!!!!

Five years ago Magic was once a very common and popular practice and skill. In matter of fact it was magic that help inspire the creation many early machines like the ink press and airships. However as the population of magic users rise, more and more magic users taking over businesses, and they are taking many jobs with in the government. Those who don't use magic along with business owners, the High Priest, and the High King start to fear that the magic users will not only take over economically, but they with completely take over the whole territory. With permission from the High Priest and support of the Paladin Core. The High King has illegalized all use of magic and all magic users who are in high places are to immediately stand down. Angered by this many magic users take to the streets to protest this law only to be met by the town guard and the Paladin Core, who were sent to stop the protest before it became a full blown riot.

Though no one knew who exactly did the first strike. The result ended in many protesters arrested, killed, or seriously injured along with other civilians who had nothing to do with the protest. Immediately after the word got out about the incident. Many magic users took to the streets in the major cities to riot and protest the High King while a group of Magic users formed the Liberation Front to prepare to fight the High King. As things start to spiral down hill and the threat of a Revolution starting to take place. The High King sends a small group of representatives to meet up with a group of magic users who are representing the magic users to find a peaceful solution with out having to remove the law. Sadly during the trip to meet up with the Representatives who sided with the magic users. The non magic user representatives were ambushed and murdered in cold blood.

Angered by this the High King immediately ordered the extermination of all magic users and anyone who supports magic users. For the next few months many magic users were executed on the spot forcing more flee for their lives to foreign lands, or to join the Liberation Front. For the next five years the Liberation Front would put up a very good fight, but sadly their war for rights and freedom is slipping away quickly as the High King tightens his grip. The Liberation Front is desperate for a victory while the High King needs troops to take the fight to the Liberation Front. Will you fight for the rights of many or crush this rebellion and establish a new order. The choice is yours.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It's morning in the Capital City of Korrah around ten O'clock. It's a sunny day with a few clouds in the sky and a lovely breeze is flowing through the city. As everyone is taking care of business, wether it's grabbing some groceries, carrying people throughout the city in carriages, or tending to their businesses. Forbes has just entered the city through the main gates. It's been a while since he last entered a city that hasn't been under siege or in ruins. As Forbes walks away from the main gates to find a tavern known as the Dagger Teeth inn to meet up with other members of the Liberation Front who don't use magic. Forbes notices propaganda posters all over news boards and on the walls of certain buildings. Having time Forbes walks over to the posters and starts to read them. "The High King needs your support!!! Join the Grand Army and fight back the Liberation Front!!!!" Forbes mutters under his breath, but as soon as he finishes reading the poster he notices a poster that regards the Paladin Core.

"The Paladin Core can't do this alone!!! Now enlisting all who are willing to serve!!! Those who join today will earn a nice pay, a place to stay, excellent food, and honor for your family!!!!" Forbes mutters under his breath in disgust. He remembered a time where the Paladins were chosen from orphanages and were trained to become one. Not taking joe snuffy or some bum off the street, give him a few months worth of training, a sword, giving him or her a title, and then tell them that they are a paladin.

Meanwhile in the main courtyard of the Temple of the Paladin. A platoon of trainees all in there gear and equipment are staring in formation in the position of attention. So far this group has been here for a month. As the group stays at attention Aellna is going through the ranks inspecting them. After passing the half the trainees asking questions and finding flaws. Aellna stops in front of a trainee and looks at him with a very cold stare. "What is your name Trainee?" Aellna says in a very cold tone causing the trainee to shake a little very nervous.

"P........Pvt Collin M.........Ma'am!!!!!" The trainee yells nervously to Aellna who isn't very impressed by him.

"Collin huh? Well Collin why is your armor cracked? What are you stupid? Lazy? Or are you just throwing your armor on the ground and expecting someone else to do it for you?" Aellna asks Collins who looks down and then back at Aellna shaking. "N........No excuse m....m.....ma'am!!!" Collins replies back to Aellna who just stared at him for a moment "Your pass has been revoked." Aellna says to Collins before walking off. After a bit Aellna spots targets another trainee and notices that the Trainee's knife is rusted and dull.

"What is your name trainee?" Aellna asks the Trainee in a very cold tone. "P...........Private........L....L....Locklie M....Ma'am!!!!!!" Lockie yells back to Aellna who takes her knife frowning. "What are you doing here Locklie?" Aellna asks Locklie in an annoyed tone.

Meanwhile over at the Travelers Inn. Roxana is just waking up after a pretty good night of sleeping. After getting dressed and getting some breakfast. Roxana goes starts to clean the rooms and then goes downstairs to go outside to tend to the gardens. So far a few people have stopped by to rest in the last few days so it makes thing a little easier for Roxana to take care of things.

RPA Honor Guard
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

Dusk was approaching. The family had been out all day on a picnic, and were packing up to go home. It was a man, a woman, and two little girls. What the wife and the children didn't know, was that the man was a mage in hiding. But there were some that knew, and these people didn't like mages. The man knew he'd be found eventually, for he had heard the whispers that the Blank was on the prowl. He just hoped his family was away.

As the familiy finished packing, the man suddenly fell very sick to his stomach, which meant only one thing. "Sweetie, take the children and get out of here." The wife tried to protest, but then he yelled at them, and she ran, carrying the two small children. When they were out of sight, the man fell to his knees and threw up. The Blank was here.

He became aware of light footfalls behind him, almost too silent to hear. "So, you've come." He hears the scraping of metal as a weapon is withdrawn. "I knew you'd find me. You always find us." More footfalls. "It's what you do, it's all you live for, if you could even say what you have is life." He feels a hand on his head, pulling it back and the cold steel of a knife. He smiles weakly. "At least I get to see God." With a tug, his throat is slit, blood pours down his throat and he gurgles and sputters before falling to the ground dead.

"There is no God." Says the Blank as he walks away.

Spoiler: Things I like 

Your daily overdose of cute
    Fantasy, Sify, Romance, adventure, slice of life on occasion.
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Gypsy walked with her Caravan along the rode. A Rode witch led to Korrah, The plan was to send in a few of their none magic users in to obtain supply while the others remained out side in the safety of their numbers. And hopefully by the end of the day they could be off again and far enough away to be at no risk of a sudden raid from the Paladins. She paused as the city came into sight, She couldn't help but feel much worried at the sight and how close they would be.

"Do not worry Gypsy." Eric said in his dreamy voice. "I do not forsee anything."

"Just because you do not see if Erica, Dose not mean that it will not happen." she replied giving him a kind smile for trying to comfort her. "I cannot help but worry, we have so many children and many of them can use magic."

"Yes...." The boy frowned as he watched more of their carts pass by.

there was a whop and a shout as Drin raced by with several children mounted upon his back, obviously enjoying the ride.

"I do think they would consider a large wolf Magic though..." Erica said as Danda came to a halt beside them to watch the children. "Do not worry, Drin well tage refuge in the woods when everyone is safely camped.

"I'm not sure that it wise." Gypsy voiced but Danda waved it off. "Come along we should help, the quicker we are set the quicker we can leave this forsaken city." with a sigh Gypsy followed with Erica in tow.

~~~~

Jovana pulled her hood up further as she set in the alleyway peering out at the people moving about the streets. After a moment she turned her attention to the temple with a frown. She'd once called that place home. She had once trained there and later became a full paladin, But now it seemed to be the enemy's layer. She turned heading down the alleyways. there was an inn she was going to, A meeting was to be held there, Not that she had bee invited but she had her ways of getting information.

Unfortunately she was a user of magic and being in this city was Dangerous enough. However she'd cast no spells for two days before coming here, and knowing well how Paladins where normally trained to since magic she'd refrained from even thinking about using her magic here, there was to great a risk. Stopping at the end of the alleyways on the other side she peered around. Jo would no longer be recognized as a Paladin, witch in many ways was a blessing, She'd long forsaken her Armor, But she'd left it in a safe place in memory of the old days.

Taking the coast as clear Jovana scurried across the street before slipping once more into the shadow of an alleyways. She wouldn't be to far now from the Inn But she hadn't intention of going in, simply watching to make sure no trouble came to it while her allies where meeting. Positioning herself in the ally so she could see the Inn and watch it without being noticeably suspicious... she waited.
    P.K.'s character locker ~ P.K.'s word works ~ P.K.'s Idea store

1x1 = 1/5 Multi = 0/5 PW = 0/2
    Spoiler: Other things. 

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

Midnight, in an underground hideout

Chaos and screams. These things reigned in the abandoned temple that the Liberation front used as a safehouse. The Blank had found them. By this time, most of the mages hiding there were dead. Men, women, children...all cut down with impunity. But one still lived. He was supposed to be their leader. He was supposed to protect them. But he didn't, he was a coward and ran, hoping that The blank would sate his bloodlust with the others. But that was not to be.

On and on he ran, down into the catacombs of the temple. By now, the only lights were magical bulbs, hundreds of years old. The only sounds he heard were his own ragged breathing, and the echoes of his footsteps. But another sound was there, on the edge of his hearing. The slow and gentle 'tap, tap, tap, tap' of The Blank's boots. He hoped that he could escape this beast, but was totally lost. He rounded a corner, and found himself in a dead end.

The man scratched at the wall, hoping that that might help, but it was in vain. The tapping of The Blank's boots got closer and closer. "Please, spare me! I beg of you!" Tap...Tap...Tap... "Whatever they're paying you, I'll double it!" Tap...Tap...Tap... "I'll triple it! Just please, don't kill me!" The man begins sobbing as a warmth spreads between his legs, showing that he's wet himself. The lights start flickering as the anti-magic aura of the blank approaches. Tap...Tap...Tap... He rounds the corner, blade drawn. Tap...Tap...Tap... As he raised his blade to strike, the last light winked out. There is a scream, then a wet splash, and a thump. Drip...Drip...Drip... falls the drops of blood off of The Blank's blade. Then comes the sound of a body being dragged.

Dawn, a nearby village.

A scream breaks the silence. People flock to the center of the village, where the scream came from. When they get there, several retch.

Nailed to the tree in the center of town is no less than 20 bodies, all flayed clean of their skin. Blood drips from them, and around each of their necks is a sign that says 'mage'. Several people pray. A crow pecks the eye out of one before flying off. "Who did this?" Says one woman.

Spoiler: Things I like 

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

After finishing reading the posters Forbes heads towards the inn. Once there Forbes casually enters the inn and heads straight towards the bar. As far as anyone is concerned he's just another traveler. Once at the bar Forbes looks at the bar tender with a casual look on his face. "Are you Bob Garrison?" Forbes finally asks the tender who looks at him with suspicion.

"That depends on who's askin?" The Tender asks Forbes who takes out a letter. The Tender was silent for a moment and then reads the letter. "Damn it........ Alright tell the supplier that I'll get the money in a few days. For now take a room on the house. Molly come show our guest his room!!" The tender shouts over to the waitress while giving her a secret signal. Then Mally gives Forbes a smile and then leads him to a room downstairs that's cleverly hidden.

Once Forbes enters the room there are a few men inside already getting the meeting started. "Ah Forbes how good of you to join us. Now we can officially get things started." A man says to Forbes who nods and takes a seat at the end of the table as Molly quietly closes the door.

"I.........I want to kill M.......Magic users ma'am!!!" Lockly yells back to Aellna who frown. "Let me tell you something................... Let me all tell you something!!!!!! I will not bring this piece of shit into a combat zone let along you all!!!!!" Aellna yells at the group angry as she throws the knife on the ground as she walks around. "If you all can't take care of your equipment let alone each other, then you will NEVER see action!!!! Speaking of which! All of your Weekend passes are now revoke!! If you are here just to kill Magic Users, Power, or use your title to get what you want!!!! Then you do NOT belong here!!! I want those who to do what's right and to do what is best for the people!!! Not for yourself! Now that I got this out. I want everyone here who is willing to stay and head straight for the Temple and prepare for aura training!!! Now get out of my sight!!! You have five minutes!!" Aellna yells to the platoon and with the group quickly runs towards the temple.

Meanwhile just on the balcony the High Priest along with a few other priest are listening to Aellna. "Who is this Paladin?" The High Priest asks the others very intrigued. "Her name is Aellna my lord. She's been in the Paladin Core for the longest time. She has been on over a hundred different combat missions, saved a platoon, and has toured three different campaigns." The Priest says to the High Priest in a calm tone.

"Hmmmm so if she's very decorative and has all this experience. Then why is she doing here and how loyal is this paladin?" The High Priest asks the others who stare at each other before one finally steps up. "She is loyal to the people and the traditional ways. She is neither for the High King nor the Liberation front. For the reason why she's here. Well during the second year of combat she executed to Paladins who committed unholy acts." The priests replies back.

You're asking me to CHOOSE?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

(Sorry i didn't post last night, a email came from my friend telling me i had to study this and that and yadda yadda yadda)

Kanade puts her newest knife on a shelf in her small shop. She had been making blades for a living and could finally afford to rent a shop. She had been working on new blades for weeks and she just filled up the shelves. She smiles a smile of satisfaction looking around at all the knives, swords, and arrows she forged. Most were made of iron and other metals but she had about three made of dragon scales. Her magic was based on them and they shed off the back of her neck every now and then. Turning to the man who just walked in she smiles and says "Over there, sir" when he asks where the swords were. He picked one up and studied it carefully. She walks over to him to see what sword he was looking at and it was just an iron one. "This is a fine sword, ma'am." He says to her not taking his eyes off of it. She was surprised by what he said, because the only thing spectacular about her swords were the handles because of their detailed designs. She gives the man the sword in exchange for a few coins - nothing special. She was happy he didn't comment on her dragon features. Walking outside and into the streets she could hear talk of a man they called "the Blank". The name sounded oddly familiar until she remember talk of a child born without a soul when she lived as a dragon in the mountains. She figured that was what it was and paid no more attention to their conversation. She walks into a restaurant and orders a simple dish, some fish and bread, and pays a few of the coins the sword got her.

Wow.
    So Doge.
    Much spin.
    Wow.

Dark Fantasy, some fantasy and a little sci-fi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Light walked into a small tavern on the outskirts of Korrah. Sure she was wanted in her home town, but perhaps the news hadn't spread this far that a mage had somehow infiltrated the ranks of the Paladin Corps, the Guardians no less. In any case, regular citizens would likely know nothing about it, especially considering the reputation of the Paladins. There was no way that the High King would want that news spread. She smiled slightly and pulled a gold coin from her pocket and placed it on the bar counter. She ordered a small meal along with a mug of cider. She sat at the back of the tavern, choosing a small table, partially hidden by shadows. She positioned herself in such a way that she could at least see the door, and a large portion of the room. The fire crackled softly as she bit into the chunk of bread that she had gotten, along with some of the thin stew that they served. Luckily the bread was rather good, and made up for the poor excuse for good food before her. She took a drink of her cider and smiled wryly.

She stared down at her hands, thinking about her identity. She was no longer able to protect the people of the kingdom. Instead, she was to be hell bent on tearing down the world around her. She hated magic, she hated the users of magic, and she despised herself for having become one of them. Even the users of Holy Magic were to be blamed for the fall of her world. Magic was evil. Magic was wrong. But magic had become a part of her. She balled her right hand into a tight fist, nails digging into her palm. She sighed. She didn't want to be involved in what she had now become forced to be a part of. She took another bite out of her bread, and another drink of her cider. Under the table, her other hand began to glow in a golden light. It wasn't much, but it would get the attention of the paladins.

Before too long, a small group of three Paladins entered the tavern. She stopped her small trick, as she didn't want to bring unkind attention to herself, not yet. The Paladins noticed her, and walked over to her. "You!" one of them said, as another pulled her from her seat "Have you noticed anything strange happ-" He stopped, seeing both her weapon, and the brand on her shoulder. "You're a Guardian" he asked. Why not She thought to herself "Yes, I am." she replied, a cocky smile crossing her lips. "My apologies, are you responding to the threat as well?" He asked. She could hardly keep a straight face. This was too easy. The people getting through training were hardly competent. "No, I am not here as a response" she said darkly. "I am the threat."

She reached behind her with her right hand, pulling her blade from its holster and reached out with her left hand. A bright glow of golden light burst out, slamming into the Paladins. Her blade unfolded, and she dashed forward, cutting into the Paladins. It had been a small group, for a small magic signature, but now, she would attract more. It would probably be best if she didn't drag the other people around her into it. After she cut down the Paladins, she raised her left hand. "I have the free use of magic!" She shouted to the people in the tavern "And I am here to destroy you all!" As if shocked, all of the people jumped up and ran away from her, terrified of what she would do. "Hmph," she sighed as she walked out of the tavern "I suppose that will create quite the buzz."
    There was once a line marked out by God, through which were divided Heaven and Hell. And thus was chaos banished from the world. The Devil created Lawyers to make amends. They argued the thickness of the line until there was enough room within it for all the sins of men to fit. And all the sins of women too.

Your daily overdose of cute
    Fantasy, Sify, Romance, adventure, slice of life on occasion.
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Gypsy remained out side with her caravan as a few of their none magic friends traveled into the city. she had to frown though as she watched the gates hopping that they would be alright as they traveled to and from the city. The caravan was careful not to use any magic while they where this close to the city.

Jo watched the doors of the inn for a good half an hour before she decided that she best find something to eat. Moving back down the alleyway to another inn she had spotted not long before she'd come here, The Travelers inn. Upon arriving she peered through, she gave pause though as she felt something tugging at her seances, Magic? she growled as it was coming right behind the doors she pushed her way in. She noticed the women but quickly made herself hidden as she noticed the paladins on the floor, not that she held any love for them but this women. she frowned at her as she skirted around the area as other where quickly making their way from the inn.

Hiding her sword and making her hood was up she set down at the bar and waited.
    Last edited by P.K.; 03-29-2014 at 06:11 PM.
    P.K.'s character locker ~ P.K.'s word works ~ P.K.'s Idea store

1x1 = 1/5 Multi = 0/5 PW = 0/2
    Spoiler: Other things. 

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

"Alright as you all already know is that the High King is beating the crap out of us and our war for the rights of many is slipping from our fingers. Now as the Liberation Front Armies continue their plan to escape and evade the Grand Armies so they won't be cornered. As you also already know is that the our attempts to request an alliance with the Elven Nations have once again failed. As far as the Elven Nations are concerned. That this war is a Human affair only. Therefore we are on our own. Good news however is that the Merc Circle has not only making the High King suffer mass casualties, but their secret base is still very well hidden. Now with the news out of the way. It's time for business." The person at the head of the table says to the group as he unrolls a map of the city and key points circled.

"Alright everyone. With our war slipping away and the High King getting more and more confident we need to show the High King that we still have some fight left and to show them that we CAN touch them from the inside. I know what you are all thinking. Hitting the Capital from the inside? What if we have to use magic? Well good news. No one in this group can use magic and therefore we cannot be detected and yes we will be hitting this city from the inside. Nothing strikes more fear into the enemy by hitting their capital." The man says to the group as he starts to circle the table.

Meanwhile at the Travelers Inn as Roxana finishes picking the last of the vegetables for the stew Roxana was about to enter when she hears the sounds of screaming and people running out. Quickly Roxana drops her vegetables and runs towards the entrance to see three down paladins. "Ohhh.....n...n....noooooo." Roxana squeaks shaking in fear as she covers her mouth with her hands. Not only is the High King going to find out, but the chances of them discovering that she two is a magic user has risen. A few minutes later two platoons of Veteran Paladins stop at the inn in a response to the screams and finds Roxana in front of the Paladins. After a bit of talking and investigation. The Paladins came to the conclusion of fowl play since these new generation of Paladins aren't very good, take the dead, and then clean the area.

As soon as the two platoons are out of sight. Roxana slowly slides down the wall shaking. To her it was too close to comfort. However after a minute Roxana looks up to see a hooded figure sitting at the bar. Quietly Roxana walks over to the hooded figure and stops in front of her. "H.............H....Hello. Welcome t....t...to the Travelers in." Roxana squeaks to the hooded figure.

Meanwhile at the village a company of the Grand Army of the High King's soldiers enter the village to see the bodies nailed to the tree. It was a very horrifying and terrible sight. "Sir we have confirmed that these men were from the Liberation Front. Chances are is that they were either spies or officers." One of the soldiers says to the commander who ordered the bodies to be taken down. "Liberation Front eh? So if they were, then either someone has a grudge against them, or we have a psyco path in our mists. You send a letter to the High King requesting to have more security around all occupied settlements. The last thing we want is news of a cereal killer murdering people willy nilly." The commander says to the troops as he kneels down to inspect the bodies.
    Last edited by ARCTrooper1992; 03-29-2014 at 07:19 PM.

Page 1 of 23 123 ... LastLast