Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Tales of Gæa OOC - Fantasy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default [M] Tales of Gæa OOC - Fantasy

Tales of Gæa
    Rated M for Violence, blood, and the use of drugs and alcohol

IC thread: https://role-player.net/forum/showthr...72#post1993372

Gæa, a land of wonder and magic, filled with all sorts of fantastical creatures and peoples, some peaceful, others violent. The continent of Lucenrai serves as the focal point of the world, as it is the largest landmass, and only known continent in the world, flanked by several smaller islands and landmasses. The heart of the continent consists of an expanse of plains and grassland. To the north are an expanse of mountains and tundra, while the west is lightly wooded and covered with rivers. Down to the south, the land gets considerably wetter, and has large stretches of thick forests, and marshy wetlands. Towards the east, the plains become a savanna, which then become a large, harsh desert. It is rumored a single large mountain can be found deep in the desert, surrounded by a wide oasis that is the birthplace of life.

Races:

Hume:
    Hume, or human, this race is the most common race of the world. These honest, hardworking people are most commonly seen as peasants and farmers, or other physical labor jobs. A typically simple minded, traditional, and down to earth race, humes are rarely seen in politics, and are often seen in subservient roles. Humes are typically anywhere from 5'5" to 6', and have various hair colors of typically darker hues, common colors are brown, black, dark green, and occasionally blonde and red. Humes are often stereotyped as honest, and naive, by other races, and live for about 90 years.

Varyan:
    Elitist and proud, at one point in history, Varyans controlled most of the known world. Even though their empire is a ghost of what it once was, Varyan's still have massive political pull when compared to the other races. Clever and arrogant, Varyans are nevertheless incredible craftsmen and talented merchants and businessmen. Usually taller than most Humes, and with definitive pointed ears, Varyans are particularly vain and often value personal beauty. Varyans are typically stereotyped as arrogant and vain by the other races, and can live up to 200 years. Despite their longer lifespans, Varyans mature at the same rate humes do.

Gaian
    A collection of different races, Gaian is the overarching term for the beastmen, or otherwise civilized beasts and monsters in Gæa. Gaians are usually referred to by their most prominent animal features, a mouse Gaian would be called a Mousebeast, whereas a badger Gaian would be called a Badgerbeast. Only in recent centuries have Gaians been considered a part of civilized society, originally being the world's equivalent of goblins and other such community driven savages. Highly societal, Gaians are often viewed by other races as barbaric and closed minded, with varying lifespans; smaller Gaian species typical live around 70 years, while larger ones can live for upwards of hundreds.

K'tareen
    An old ad ancient race, K'tareens have existed since the beginning of the world. A very magically inclined race, K'tareens have almost vanished from the known world. This mysterious race has left hundreds of ruins behind in their wake, and K'tareen magical artifacts are often the most common source of magic in the world, used to amplify the other races lesser powers. Tall and fair skinned, K'tareens have light colored hair, silver, white, and light blues, and their faces are usually covered, by veils, helmets, or masks. An extremely mysterious race, very little is known about this race, and they can live for millenia.

Plot
    Here in the city of Meduzart, a prominent city in the west, the wheels of fate have begun to turn. Commonly called the Adventurer's Hangout, the city of Meduzart is well known as the home to many groups of mercenaries, errand runners, explorers, mages, and mechanics, often organized into bands or guilds. When people need something done, they usually come to a 'Guild Tavern' to find 'resources', to get it done, provided they have the coin.

Several days ago, a large comet was seen flying across the sky, many believe it to have landed in the midwest, between the Western cities, and the old heart of the Varyan empire in the central heartlands. Ever since the comet hit, people have noticed a considerable increase in the strength of magical powers, as well as the presence of said magic. Rumors have spread about a wealthy Varyan funding an expedition to the comet to discover its secrets. But little does he know, something much bigger is at hand.

And this is where our adventure will begin! We will be playing the role as novice adventurers (or at least most of us will be) exploring the crash site of a mystical comet. Little do we know, this comet is part of something much bigger than we could ever imagine. Our heroes will face Drama, as well as Generic Plot Twists, Unconventional Plot Twists and Action as they journey on an Adventure!

Rules
    1. This Roleplay will have above average standards, I will be expecting at least a few, well written paragraphs, and absolutely NO ONE LINERS.
    2. I write in 3rd person past tense, and I expect you to write in that manner too.
    3. No Mary/Gary Sues. Your characters are heroes, but they are not perfect.
    4. No God-Moding. Your characters are important, but I will not hesitate to injure them if they do something exceedingly stupid.
    5. This RP is rated M. Violence, and foul language is freely allowed, for the sake of decency, any sexual acts will fade to black (or will be taken to PM) before it goes too far.
    6. Player knowledge is not character knowledge. Just because you know something (be it through OOC or another person's post, does not mean that your character knows.
    7. As GM, my word is law. This does not mean I will be unreasonable, nor will it mean I will be unfair, but I will expect you to respect my executive decisions. (This is provided I actually decide to make executive decisions).
    8. Any individual that I acknowledge as Co-GM, Standing GM, or any other position of authority, will be essentially an extension of myself. As such, the word of Co-GMs is also law.

Character Sheets
    It is important to note that I will only be accepting a small number of players, likely 5-6 at most. The reason for this is because I believe in quality over quantity, and I lack the time and skill to manage more than a small number of writers at one time. If you intend on creating a character, please make sure he/she is well fleshed out and developed. Again, quality characters are always preferred, and hopefully, if you've spent a good amount of time working on a character, you'd be less likely to up and leave.

Appearance: Your character's appearance. Preferably digital art as opposed to IRL images
    Name: Your character's name and or any nicknames and aliases
    Race: Your character's race. If a Gaian, include a short description as well

Personality: Arguably the most important portion of the CS, make sure to give me a good impression of what your character is like.
    Background: Important, but not as important as your character's personality, give me a small summary of your character's history and bio.

Skills: here is where you put things your character can do/are good at, as well as what magic abilities they have (if any). Note that magic is not as prevalent in the non k'tareen races, and will be very difficult and volatile (though quite potent nonetheless)

Gear: Here is where you'll give me a list of your character's equipment. Weapons, armors, tools, magical artifacts and the like will go here. Don't go too overboard, as I will be checking everything to make sure you're not overpowering your character.

Cast:

Spoiler: Vietmyke as Faulke Errant 

Spoiler: Zhaliora as Molven 

Spoiler: TheBarbarian as Brandon of Kull 

Spoiler: HaruRivers as Wen'lok Garabaldi 

Spoiler: Rhunhildr as Rohan (trotter) 

Spoiler: Zankuro as Onathe 

Spoiler: 4:07 as Khamsin Frey 
    Last edited by vietmyke; 04-21-2014 at 04:53 AM.
    Nothing there yet, but we're working on it!
    Spoiler: Nice things from nice people! 

Freaking Gundam meets RPA!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Spoiler: Molven 
    Last edited by Zhaliora; 03-31-2014 at 05:20 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Hello ! If you'd like to advertise and/or show off your RP to the site, be sure to check out these links:

Roleplaying Games Directory – Add your RP to the directory!
    Staff Sigs – Have the staff advertise your RP in their signatures!
    Roleplay of the Week – Enter your RP in "Roleplay of the Week" to show it off to the site!
    Roleply of the Week Banner Shop – Get a cool banner made for your RP (to advertise the RP to the site.)
    The RPA Tribune – Get your RP featured in the RPA News!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Mind if I join.

Spoiler: Current RPs- Check them Out (Recently Updated!) 

What is best in life?
    Were ever there is a evil priesthood to be looted and a princess to be saved
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    All of them are great if well written and with good pepole
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Appearance:

Name: Brandon (Brand for short) of Kull also known as "Grey feather"
    Race: Hume

Personality: Easygoing man who has adopted a "live and let live" approach to life. He enjoy taking things at their own pace and tends to live in the moment not thinking much of the future or the past for that matter. Although mostly quiet, he is very considerate, caring, and devoted to the people he lets close to him. Worships and deeply believes in the god of the hunt Aldris though he does not force his belief on to others. Very open minded having traveled a lot in his youth and seen many things. Takes a long time to anger but when he finally does his angers burn for a long time. Does not take hear brake well.
    Background: Brand was born in a tiny backwater village near the forest of Kull. Hes father raised him alone as his mother had died in childbirth. As a hunters son Brand learned how to shoot a bow before he could even properly learn to talk. He was a natural sharpshooter and by the age of seven he was accompanying his father on his many hunting trips. It was a good life. When Brandon turned 16 he left to join the Empires army. He was such a skilled archer that he was recruited by the Imperial Hawks who were the elite snipers and sharpshooter of the army. With them Brandon got to travel around the Empire. This continued on for close to ten years different battles fought and waged for the glory of the empire. Finally however Brandon was asked something he could not agree to. He and his battalion were ordered to assassinate the local lords women and children to get him to agree to a treaty. Instead of doing what was asked of him Brand helped the lords family escape. Becoming a outlaw and deserter he started his own band of bandits called The Grey Arrows. His goal was to prevent any further attacks of this sort on civilians by the imperial army. His noble inspire many a man to join soon the imperial forces were sending after them attack party's to neutralize their threat. One of these was led by Silvia Winterthorn who almost defeated Brand in the mountains. Luckily the battle was turned at the last second by Brand capturing Silvia herself. They soon grew very close. Soon she was his first lieutenant and shared his bed. This continued for a year or so until Silvia became pregnant. Not wanting his child to grow up in a place where the danger of attack is constant. He promoted his second lieutenant to the position of leader and left for his childhood home. After many months of travelling they arrived by that time Silvia was very close to giving birth. The old house was still there. When he entered he found his father bent with age smiling. "I knew you would come back." was the only thing he said patting his son on the back. The local midwife was called and Silvia gave birth to a beautiful baby daughter. But if Brand thought that he would be left alone he was severely mistaken over the next few months he had to kill many Imperial spies. This led to arguments with Silvia about the safety of raising their child. This came to a head three years ago when Brandon's father died in the night. After many arguments of moving Silvia took their daughter and left with a caravan to the deserts saying that there she and her daughter would finally be safe from the imperial arm. She did not allow Brand to follow officially leaving him. Brandon depressed sold his fathers house and left started his mercenary career constantly moving and changing names.

Skills:Truly great tracker and archer, basic first aid, feltching, okay at swordplay but in no way spectacular, skinning, riding and moving stealthily when he needs to

Gear: A strong yew bow, a good solid green rain cloak, leather amour, a basic steel bastard sword chain mail and Ira who is Res'na which is a species of long tailed mice which have very long lives (compared to other mice) and bond with one human for the whole of it.

Spoiler: The Barbarians RP's and answers to questions 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

@TheBaron
    No worries, just throw in a character into the mix and Myke will take a look at it when he has the time.

@TheBarbarian
    Thank you for your submission, we'll come back to you with pointers and/or questions about your character later.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

everything looks good so far, i'd like to see a couple weaker characters though, like novice characters and such

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Novice characters, you say? That's my thing!
    Give me a bit and I'll have a sheet.

Question: What's the height range for K'tareen?
    Last edited by vFear; 04-01-2014 at 09:25 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

K'tareens are anywhere from 5'6"-7'6", averaging around 6'6"ish and are usually pretty skinny

oh, and with that said, I will be limiting the number of K'tareen characters that I accept

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I strongly dislike using images for appearances, so if it's alright I'm going to not use one. I feel like the same 30 images are recycled for appearances lol.

Appearance: Wen'lok stands tall by Hume standards, but is of average height for the K'tareen. Measuring 6'2", Wen'lok could pass for a normal hume if he put the effort into doing so. Wen'lok wears a full face mask, made using magic. It tightly fits to his face, covering all of it's features, though his bright green eyes can still be seen through the . It's design is simple, white with a spiral of several arms of dark black going to the right eye. His build is slender as most K'tareen's are. Wen'lok wears very plain clothing, usually solid colors and always practical for traveling.
    Name: Wen'lok Garabaldi
    Race: K'tareen

Personality: Wen'lok has never enjoyed the fact that he stands out as a person. Being of the K'tareen makes you something of a spectacle, a spotlight he typically tries to avoid. Calm and calculating, Wen'lok prefers to do his own exploration and missions, often finding work through rumors and word of mouth. Being solitary most of the time, Wen'lok has grown to enjoy nature and learn how to live off of it well. Despite enjoying solitude, Wen'lok does enjoy the company of those whom he can carry an intelligent conversation with. Loud and obnoxious people tend to put Wen'lok off and he does not mind voicing his dislike for those people.

Background: Wen'lok is young for a K'tareen. Born of parents who were deeply rooted in the study of magic, Wen'lok followed suit, spending much of his younger years studying magic in all of it's secrets and intricacies. His parents were very adamant about him not actually using magic though. Magic is dangerous without the proper knowledge and the damage it can do without the ability to control it. Finally getting sick of his studies and hoping for a practical knowledge of magic, Wen'lok left his parents home at 58.

Venturing out into the world was a strange experience. His home had been most of his life and the small town he had lived in was hidden from the true vastness of the world. At first, Wen'lok found the Humes strange, they seemed so busy and changed at a moments notice. He traveled from town to town, city to city, in search of odd jobs to do while continuing his studies of magic. As he traveled, he struggled to progress in his magic, his parents had been right, it was incredibly difficult to actually master the magics he knew only in theory.

Wen'lok knew the comet would be big. He saw it while he was traveling to Meduzart and was instantly intrigued. He could feel it's magic right away and knew he must be part of the expedition to find it.

Skills: Basic survival skills, High potential for magics, moderate strength.

Gear: Basic tools for surival, a few books, and an ancient tome that enhances light based magics.
    Spoiler: Current Characters 

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast