Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: [Drakonnas & Simple] Alis Volat Propriis [M]

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Fiction, pretty much anything with a good plot.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Amelia smiled a bit as Keaton told her that he had wanted to be there for her. "Aw, that's sweet of you." She said, grinning, and turning towards the portrait hole, where they started to make their way back down to where they would get breakfast. Keaton asked her about her roommates, and Amelia thought for a moment. "I... I think I like them." She said finally. "Elizah seems like she could be a bit mean and harsh if angered, but they all seem fairly nice. I hope I'll make some friends soon! It's been really awesome to have you as a friend!" She said, nodding at Keaton.

Amelia loaded a bunch of things on her plate, and ate, talking to other students in an excited voice, looking around them at the other students who were filing in as well. But something surprised her, as they were eating, a huge flock of owls flew in the window, and everywhere in the room, dropping parcels and packages here and there, students reaching up for their mail. She had been expecting owls to deliver mail, but this many... it really surprised her.

And then, just a few moments later, there came an explosion of sound, as someone's voice started shouting, reverberating across the halls; someone had received a Howler on the first day back. Amelia shrank back in her seat away from the echoing voice, shocked. If she ever got one of those, she would surely die of embarrassment.
    Spoiler: Sig Pics 

romance, fantasy, horror
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Keaton nodded as Amelia went on to describe her new roommates, his cheeks a slight pink when Amelia called him sweet.

"That's good," he said with a smile. "See? Not everyone in Slytherin is bad. It's just the stereotype that's set on us... But we're not the only house with a stereotype, you know. Ravenclaw people are often thought to be arrogant, Hufflepuff as stupid, and Gryffindor as obnoxious... And we're the 'bad guys.'"

Keaton snickered as a howler echoed throughout the halls, yelling about forgetting to bring some kind of important object. The recipient's face was red as a tomato, normal for someone to receive a howler.

Hootini flew down and landed right in front of Keaton and Amelia. In his beak was a simple white envelope. Keaton reached for it and grabbed it, nodding at Hootini and giving him a small piece of sausage as payment.

"I don't have any mice on me, right now. I'll be sure to give you some later, buddy," Keaton said, patting the owl on the head. Hootini gave a screech before taking flight.

Keaton slid his finger underneath the sticky part of the envelope, and began to open it. Inside was a letter from his parents. He read it quickly, smiling to himself. It was nothing important, just his mom and dad asking how his first day had gone.

When he finished, Keaton began to fold it up, but stopped when a glittering emerald ink caught his eye.

"What's this...?" he murmured, opening it again and reading the ink. He was positive it hadn't been there before.

"'Keaton, please be safe. I haven't told your mother this, because I do not want her to pull you out of Falconreach. There has been news of a crazy witch near the school, or at least near the town. She's extremely dangerous, so I want you to be on your guard at all times. Keep an eye on your friend Amelia too, alright? I can tell she's a very capable witch, but I don't want any harm coming to her. Never go anywhere alone, and don't do anything stupid.'"

"A crazed witch...?" Keaton asked quietly, raising an eyebrow. "I don't want to say I don't believe my dad, but... I highly doubt anyone could get in to Falconreach. Our security is too tight for something like that to even happen..." Keaton sighed. "But we'd better listen to him, Amelia. Don't go alone, okay?"

Spoiler: Run While You Can... 

Spoiler: RPs I'm Currently In 

Fantasy, Fiction, pretty much anything with a good plot.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Amelia nodded as Keaton spoke about each house having its own good and bad stereotypes. "Yeah, you have a point there. I guess I'll give Slytherin a try, and see how it works out for me." Amelia said with a smile. As the entire hall erupted with sound again after the silence that came after the howler, Keaton got a letter. But Amelia didn't pay attention to it, because soon after, she saw her dad's owl land in front of her. He had a letter attached to its leg, and she untied it, and read it.

Smiling, Amelia was startled out of her thoughts by hearing her name. "Huh?" She asked, looking up at Keaton with surprise in her voice. "Sorry, I was reading my letter. What's this about not going off alone? Why? Is something wrong?" She did look worried, but she looked up at the staff table as the Headmaster rang his bell for attention. Simply saying a few more words of welcome, Amelia soon grew bored, and looked at the other teachers. And as her eyes lay on the woman three seats to the left, everything from last night came back at her in a rush.

"Oh my god Keaton..." She said, not losing it as she had the night before, but her hands were shaking so badly that she dropped her silverware. "...Do you see... that witch... three seats left... of the... headmaster? That... that woman... is my... my mother." She tried to stay calm, but knew that she would have to do something, or else risk being sent to the hospital again. "She was sent to Azkaban. For magical experimentation on humans. On me." She looked down at her plate, memories flooding back to her. "Why is she here? Why is she a teacher? Keaton, she'll kill me..."
    Spoiler: Sig Pics 

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678