Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [M]Rise of the Fallen (Urban Dystopia Fantasy)

What is best in life?
    Were ever there is a evil priesthood to be looted and a princess to be saved
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    All of them are great if well written and with good pepole
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Default [M]Rise of the Fallen (Urban Dystopia Fantasy)

IC

"Friends! Practitioners of the secret art! Listen to my call. Too long have we suffered under the hands of our unmagical brethren. We are not the genetic anomaly they claim us to be we are the future. Listen close brothers and sisters too long has the boot of this Homo Sapiens stamped us into the mud, but soon the boot shall be on the other foot!!! Join the rebbellion friends. It will be the only thing that saves you."
    - Recent speech by Reginald "Reg" Hower

Rise of the Fallen

Once mages ruled the Earth with lineages that stretched back to the Roman Emperors. This was until the French Revolution and the American Revolution shook the ruling magical monarchy to its core. With the death of the french monarch family and the weakening of the Empire of the British magical elite normal people saw that they needn't be afraid of they're ruling powers any longer. Many revolutions followed some successful others not so much. Many countries once ruled by a monarchy established they're own independence and slaughtered the magical elite. Change began to creep on to the land but it was not until the First World War for that was when the catalyst was sprung that led to the downfall of all mage kind. For in that war Germany and Austria-Hungary Empire together with many other countries that maintained they're ruling magical monarchs (including the British Empire who did not actually join the war but helped it monetarily) fought against the newly established anti magic republics such as: France, Serbia, USA (Who supported France monetarily and a little militarily), Italy, Belgium, Greece, etc. Originally Russia supported the Germans but with October Revolution they're support turned toward the other side. By the end of the war the country's ruled by magical monarchies had almost been wiped out. Many removed their elites from power and executed them. But some still remained, holding on to their petty illusions of power. And for a while there truly was peace but it was more like the silence before the storm than anything else. In Germany a man came to power who suggested a even more radical approach to magic. To stamp it out like a weed not only within the elite but within every man and women who exhibited signs of any magical prowess or at least to be gathered into inner city ghettos and concentration/labor camps. In his words: "... To cleanse mankind of the disease that magic brings out in all of us. We must stamp out all the signs of it in man, women or child born with such a disease." At the same time similar movements happened in Russia, Italy and Spain. Finally even the USA adopted similar if only slightly less severe polices. Finally as a secret pact was made between the USSR and Germany which divided Europe up between them and with that pact made a war was started. In less than a year most of Europe was divided up between the two powers the last pockets of resistance were Britain, Greece, Sweden and Finland. About at that time imperial Japan attacked the USA who promptly allied itself against Japan with the USSR and Germany. About then the fate of the last magical power houses were decided. It still took three years to defeat them all but the defeat came as certain winter follows autumn. Now there are no more countries that acknowledge any magical people as citezens. Smaller country's who otherise would not have followed such rules fear retribution from the four big world power houses of this new world. Currently there's a on going war between Nazy Germany and the USSR which is supported monetarily by both Facist Italy and the US Commonwealth.

Now in the central city of New York a counter rebellion is brewing. One in search of equality for all people, but will this movement be shot down even before it begins or will it bear fruit?

:_-_:_-_:_-_:_-_:_-_:_-_:_-_:_-_:_-_:_-_:_-_:_-_:_-_:_-_:_-_:_-_:_-_:_-_:_-_:_-_:_-_:_-_:_-_:

Rated M for scenes of nudity/sex, graphic violence, swearing and prejudice against wizards. This is a resurrection of one of my old RPs I made when I had less time to run it. Because of that it died but I still really liked the idea so I am resurrecting this one.

The World:
    Spoiler: The World 

Magic:

Spoiler: Magic 

Important Magical Rituals:

Spoiler: Magical Rituals 

Some other important stuff:

Spoiler: Important Stuff 

Rules:

1. As GM my decision is final any questions, suggestions and plans should first be asked of me not anyone else

2. Write at least one good long paragraph per post more however is always better.

3. Don't go crazy with you skill you are still human not a super powered maniac.

4. Try to post at least once every three days (I will hold myself to the same rules)

5. No god modding or mary sueing

6. All other relevant RPA rule apply

7. Have fun!!

:_-_:_-_:_-_:_-_:_-_:_-_:_-_:_-_:_-_:_-_:_-_:_-_:_-_:_-_:_-_:_-_:_-_:_-_:_-_:_-_:_-_:_-_:_-_:

You are the rebellions newest recruits your goal is to unite the gangs while undermining the outside regular human government

Name:
    Skills: (Magical and non magical can be counted hear)
    Weaknesses:
    Description:
    Personality:
    Bio:
    Other:

Spoiler: Important NPCs associated with the rebellion: 

Spoiler: Characters 
    Last edited by TheBarbarian; 04-26-2014 at 02:47 PM.

Spoiler: The Barbarians RP's and answers to questions 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hello ! If you'd like to advertise and/or show off your RP to the site, be sure to check out these links:

Roleplaying Games Directory – Add your RP to the directory!
    Staff Sigs – Have the staff advertise your RP in their signatures!
    Roleplay of the Week – Enter your RP in "Roleplay of the Week" to show it off to the site!
    Roleply of the Week Banner Shop – Get a cool banner made for your RP (to advertise the RP to the site.)
    The RPA Tribune – Get your RP featured in the RPA News!

What is best in life?
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

A Barbarian speaking to his RP: Don't you fall on me! Your not too dam high concept like my others! Don't you dare die!!!

Name: June Snow
    Skills: Can enhance her dexterity and strength well this being the main magic she has studied, great in a street fight, can use her environment as a weapon, surprisingly good cook, okay at parkour without magic (But is great when she uses magic to aid it)
    Weaknesses: Very reliant on magic, can't see without her glasses, weak in a gunfight
    Description:
    Spoiler: June Snow 
    Like this only slightly more muscled, definitely more gang tattoos and she has glasses
    Personality: Cold and taciturn when you meet her the first time this is when she is sizing you up. If she decides that she likes you she will make fun of you, actually talk to you and be loyal to you if you are to her. If however she decides that she doesn't like you much she keeps up the cold facade. Now if you were to grow even more closer to her than a friend she might suddenly seem distant this does not mean she don't love you back she is just afraid of getting hurt so she will push you away. If you get past that as well she will turn into the most warm and loving person to be around.
    Bio: Born in the area of the city where the food was usually dropped. Which meant that on every drop day their home area was a war zone. Most gangs fought over the food so they could get it to the people they protected. This made for a interesting childhood as she was constantly fighting somebody for food for herself or the family. Both of her parents worked in one of the magical factories that produced the needed products needed for the food drops to make it on the island. They hoped that their daughter would follow in their footsteps but June had different ideas. The gangs took notice of her and she was hired as professional fighter for one of the pits. She was really good winning her the championship many times. Originally her glasses held her back as without them she could practically see at all having really bad vision but she soon acquired from one of the factory's glasses that would never fall off (being held there by a simple binding spell) and combined it with a spell of her own devising that healed her glasses when they broke. She retired from fighting only recently to join the rebellion hoping to do something worthwhile with her life.

Anyway my character I guess
    Last edited by TheBarbarian; 04-11-2014 at 11:09 PM.

What is best in life?
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

SO...it's not really magic. It's more like Psionics

Spoiler: Things I like 

What is best in life?
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Define the difference. Both are mental ability's that affect the world in some way fantastical way one is just used in fantasy while the other is mostly used in scifi

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

Psionics rely on the power of the mind, whereas Magic utilizes energy from another plane of existence, or from the surrounding area. Usually

Spoiler: Things I like 

What is best in life?
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I don't know the usual magic trope is that it comes from the aura of life or something like that. Though magic from deamon/other realms is also common one. But usually both magic and psionics need the power of the mind behind them to be useful. And my type of magic (or if you prefer psionics) does take energy from a place other than the body (that being emptiness) but the act of channeling that power drains on the body. So energy consumption can be lowered by training one's self in a particular type of magic.

My Son; My Sun.
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)

This thread has been featured as roleplay of the week!

- - - Updated - - -

On indefinite hiatus. I remain purple only for technical support, please direct queries to Scottie or another staffer. Thank you RPA for being my second home for so many years, and every member who makes this the wonderful place it is.

Click here daily to vote for RPA!

Sci-Fi, fan-fic, really just whatever catches my eye
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Well, I got an idea for this. Character sheet inbound. ETA unknown.
    War...war never changes.
    A Wanderer always walks the lonesome road at some point. always
    You want to see my army? Come take a look....
    Hey look, I got a card!!
    Can you face the Gathering Storm?
    Spoiler: The Undead Pledge 

Spoiler: The way of the Warrior 

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast