Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The School of Good and Evil

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Adventure, Horror, Romantic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default The School of Good and Evil

Name of your roleplay: The School of Good and Evil
    When it was started: NYS* (not yet started)
    How many players you have: 3 so far, not counting myself, though I am looking for about 6 players. Those currently showing interest: TheTeeJaii, Chizakura, EllysSianoN

Type of Roleplay: Main types are School, Fantasy. A bit of Romance can be expected, because of how in fairytales love is often the focus. I will also offer a warning of some Dark/Mature because of the darker nature of the original fairytales and other stories.
    What level of skill required: One or more paragraphs but not story length as I, the Gm, have limits to my skill and time for roleplay.
    Plot Summary:
    This roleplay will play out like many other fantasy school settings, though perhaps unique in the fact that it encourages both Good and Evil characters, ones that must grow into their roles of which ever fairy tale they will eventually become a part of by teaching what they will need to survive and find purpose in the Endless Woods that will becoming the setting of their story. Divided into Evers and Nevers, by there being two schools side by side, they will often find themselves in competition with their opposing side.

Remember though, not everything is black and white, many secrets are there to find that show the cruelty of Grimm Fairytales and other stories. There will not always be a Happily Ever After, Good may suffer from defeat and Evil may find victory. Punishments and curses abound, while some of the darker aspects of the stories people have grown to love are revealed.

The basic story is as above... but epic twists and turns, mysteries to be uncovered, and stories to learn. As one will need to learn to survive their fairytale one must first survive the school that will train them

Link to Out of character Thread: https://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=59016
    Link to In Character Thread: Not yet created
    Miscellaneous Information: I would offer that you read the book The School of Good and Evil by Soman Chainani, though there is a sequel recently out but I myself have not read it yet, as it can help give you a better idea of the setting. Yet this is not required, simply suggesting a good book.

In The Forest Primeval
    A School For Good And Evil
    Two Towers Like Twin Heads
    One For The Pure
    One For The Wicked
    Try To Escape You’ll Always Fail
    The Only Way Out
    Is Through A Fairy Tale

There are five rules that separate Good from Evil
    1. The Evil attack. The Good defend.
    2. The Evil punish. The Good forgive.
    3. The Evil hurt. The Good help.
    4. The Evil take. The Good give.
    5. The Evil hate. The Good love.
    As long as you obey the rules for your side, you have the best possible chance of surviving your fairytale.

School of Good
    As an Ever, you join a pantheon of great heroes that have graduated from the school, including Peter Pan, Snow White, Aladdin, Cinderella, King Arthur, and Rapunzel.

School of Evil
    As a Never, you join a pantheon of great villains that have graduated from the school, including Captain Hook, the Snow Queen, the Big Bad Wolf, the White Witch, and Rumplestiltsken.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other Rules
    1. Must be an even amount of Princes and Princesses
    2. No more then half of the Good characters can be princes and princesses.
    3. A prince must keep his promises or come at risk of becoming a villain.
    4. Two characters may be Readers, no more and no less, that are outsiders that know of fairytales from books.
    4. Your character, if not a Reader, may have a known fairy tale character as family member/ancestor
    5. Failed students will become unplayable, their fate learned of during roleplay (no spoilers).
    6. Remember your characters are in training and thus will not have amazing powers, though every character will have a special talent or gift they must discover.
    7. Character ideas must relate to fairy tales or other such stories. Keep in mind that this seems to count the likes of King Arthur and Anastasia.
    8. Students may not kill each other, the school will expect that to be left for when students enter their fairytales.

Character Creation:
    Either pick one of your currently created characters and alter them to fit in this setting or create a new character of almost any fantasy/fairy tale race, just keep in mind of where they would most likely go. If not one of the two readers you character may be related to a known European fairy tale or Arthurian character.

Special Rule for Readers:
    One will join Good and the other Evil, though there will be a degree of chance on where they may go. Meaning for the player there is the chance the character may not go to the school you wanted them or planned on them going to. Thus requiring you to play your characters in these schools even if they feel they don't belong. Will be considered by many students as outsiders, as they are not of the fairy realms and not related to any fairy tale character.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking for a Co-GM, one with experience on this site as well as running a roleplay on this site. I would recommend that they read the book by Soman Chainani titled The School of Good and Evil though it isn't required. Knowledge and understanding of legends and fairytales preferred!

Character Sheet
    Name:
    Race:
    Appearance:
    Ever (School of Good) or Never (School of Evil):
    Personality: Being a Ever or a Never will effect your character's overall personality, especially since students are required to follow certain rules.
    Backstory:

Special Talent: You may pick one thing, within reason. Examples from the book is a tattoo that becomes a demon that fights for you, transforming into a lycan, revealing things as they truly are, and even something more general such as having greater affinity for hexs or speaking with animals

* Parentage/Family Relation: This is only if your character is Realmborn, and characters will almost always match the status of their blood for being a Ever or a Never.
    Spoiler: An Incomplete List of Potential Parentage 

Do You Want to Play a Reader?: Y or N and PM GM (if so your character has no Parentage or Family Relation in the Realms)
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler: Classes: 
    Last edited by GreyStoryteller; 06-09-2014 at 08:13 PM.

I like them all. :)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This looks really interesting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I know right. I was pleasantly surprised when I first discovered the book and on finishing it thought it was wonderful.

Especially since it proved wrong the rule that a princess and a witch could not be friends, that good and evil are not always white and black. Yet in a roleplay like this I would have Story of the Princess and the Witch be considered an exception within the schools, something to be pondered but not striven for as balance is still required.

Also there happens to be a sequel that recently came out which I plan to read, the additional information offered will allow improvement on the roleplay later.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hello there! It looks like you're off to a fantastic start. Here are some helpful links to get you started!

Roleplaying Games Directory – New Roleplay? Add it to our Directory!

Staff Sigs – Get your RP featured in our Staff Signatures.

Roleplay of the Week – Think your RP could have what it takes to become Role Play of the Week? Enter here!

Roleplay of the Week Banner Shop – Get a banner made for your RP to further your quest for RP of the Week.

The RPA Tribune – Why not let all of RPA read about your RP in the RPA Tribune!

As always if you have any questions, feel free to let us know!

I like most all role play genres, but I /love/ fandom based ones. I also really dislike smut.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hmmm. Looks neat. Do we need to fill out a specific character sheet or anything?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Added multiple updates.
    Last edited by GreyStoryteller; 04-12-2014 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Updating

fantasy, dark, romance, sinful, graphic
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Hey!
    This looks awesome!
    I haven't read the book, but I'm more than happy to help as Co-GM

~Please Check out my Game! Features Ghosts, Dancing and Drag Queens!~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheTeeJaii View Post
    Hey!
    This looks awesome!
    I haven't read the book, but I'm more than happy to help as Co-GM
    Very nice, glad to see someone offering to help
    How much do you know of the Grimm Fairytales, Arthurian legends, Peter Pan and the like?

Perhaps we can discuss in PM?

Quote Originally Posted by Shooting Star View Post
    Hmmm. Looks neat. Do we need to fill out a specific character sheet or anything?
    Just in case you missed it, I have added a character sheet
    Last edited by GreyStoryteller; 04-14-2014 at 03:57 AM.
    It is often those that fall into darkness who realize how precious was the light.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm new but this fairy tail thing looks VERY interesting.
    Something I'd be interested in and when it starts to get off the ground more would love to join in.

So if you need anything mate I'm here to help in any manner I can.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Drachen View Post
    I'm new but this fairy tail thing looks VERY interesting.
    Something I'd be interested in and when it starts to get off the ground more would love to join in.

So if you need anything mate I'm here to help in any manner I can.
    Glad to see you have interest in this roleplay. I plan on starting once my Co-GM and I finish putting together a plot, work out some setting details and we get enough students.
    It is often those that fall into darkness who realize how precious was the light.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast