Page 1 of 42 123 ... LastLast

Thread: (M) The Heartland Saga OOC

Red Ninja
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Default (M) The Heartland Saga OOC

Rated M for possible mature content including sex, violence, language, graphic situations, and drug use.

The Heartland Saga

Survival is a story that never ends.

An Iron Age High Fantasy

Out of the mists of Time it comes.
    Older than the oldest rhyme it comes.
    Coursing through our veins it comes.
    Pulsing in our brains it comes.
    The pure and primal sound of drums.

IC is here.

The Schism of Einherjer has ended after decades of bloody conflict, dragging hundreds of thousands of souls, young and old, to the unfathomable darkness that lies beyond the veil. The earth had turned red and the sea so flooded with blood, the fish rose belly up to bloat and burst in the sun. To those who lost the war for Einherjer, the radicals under the banner of Jarl Harald, were to be judged by their new rulers and diviners. By the decree of the High King Vollstern, those who opposed his claim would be granted one final chance to redeem themselves. They would bow before the Stoneheart Throne, renounce all they own, and swear Vollstern as their lord and sovereign to live the rest of their days as slaves, but they would live. Should they refuse, they would be banished from Einherjer, chased to the shores by the ax and sword. Some took the High King’s offer and groveled at his feet, but those with fire in their hearts and ice in their blood spat at Vollstern’s boots.

Those who refused had their homes razed to the ground, their crops, and cattle put to iron. They had only half a day to gather all they could carry and run for the docks, the ships that were their hope and their doom. On bleak tides, the ships sailed out of the fjords of Einherjer and into the vast unknown of the Whale Road, the endless and unfathomable sea of white-capped swells. The Whale Road is a death sentence. No ship that has sailed beyond sight of the shore has made it back, but Harald’s Damned Fleet sailed onward to the west, praying to their gods and looking to the stars in hope of guidance. In what started as a sizable migrant fleet, only a handful found their way through the maelstrom, a ragged band of the sick and weary from nearly a year confined to longboats. Against all odds, those haggard few landed on foreign soil, finding solace and protection from the storms that darkened the skies over the Whale Road.

On this alien land, a new realm they named Sjerdthaun, the People of Harald set themselves to work on surviving, cutting a living from the stone and sea, erecting colonies in the fjords of their new home, expanding farther inland with the onset of every spring. In the Fall of the First Year of Harald’s Landing, Harald’s Folk encountered the first of the indigenous people of Sjerdthaun in a bloody territorial dispute that had since grown into yet another war that has lasted into its third generation. These savage people are known as the Alfir, a lean and dexterous people with bronzed skin and ears shaped like knives. They clad themselves in animal skins and the iron-like bark of Sjerdthaun’s trees, arming themselves with bows and a variety of hand weapons.
    The Alfir are mostly hated the Harald’s Folk, save for the few frontier villages that have no other option than to trade with scattered tribes, as Sjerdthaun is a harsh and unforgiving place.

It is the fledgling years of the Third Generation since Harald’s Landing on Sjerdthaun. Two main colonies have been established and a number of smaller towns further out in the Great Silver Forests. Things are stable, but far from comfortable, the land is lush but the Alfir own much of the good Eastern farmland, leaving the rocky shores of the West, the rugged Boreal Mountains to the North, and Swamplands to the South for the people of Harald. As they explored the southern reaches though they ran into yet another race already living in the stinking bogs and massive swamp wood bayous. The Gifir, a large and rugged people with dog-like muzzles, boar-like tusks and horns similar to a ram’s. While these swamplanders aren’t as quick to violence as the Alfir, the men soon found you can only push them so far. Experts at using their lands, the Gifir drove the Men of Harald from the swamps and left them with only one direction left to travel...North.

Now on the eve of their Fourth Generation on Sjerdthaun, the laegr or the Exiled, have established tenuous treaties with both the Alfir and the Gifir and slowly expanded into their lands. The going is slow though, their numbers are growing with each year and the shores are holding less and less possibilities for sustaining them. With large expansion impossible in the East and South they begin looking towards the North. Early scout reports speak of strange living trees that lurk the Pine Forests that carpet the mountain slopes. They are the Eldivor or the Firewoods, so far they have chosen to leave the business of the Lowland Races to the Lowland Races. They don’t seem to bother with anyone who shows respect to the Forests, but as soon as someone delves too far in or damages the trees they converge on the offender and reduce him to crushed bones and flattened meat.

With King Harald reaching the end of his hard life of war he wishes to see his people thrive before he goes to Asheheim. Calling upon the tense strings his people have established, a small group has been formed consisting of the best Iaegr Orions and Atlantas, Alfir Windwalkers, Gifir Battleguards, and Eldivor Guardians. Their mission will be one of tense loyalty and mutual desire for life, they will march into the cold nether regions of Sjerdthaun and with any grace of the Gods live to see the light of dawn.

It is not the future that will shape the fate of Sjerdthaun, but the ghosts of the past. Ruins older than known time are found all throughout the Heartland, filled with relics of great and mysterious power. One such relic has been taken by a malicious and ambitious tribe of fanatics, a relic of insurmountable power - the Heartstone. He who controls the Heartstone controls the Heartland, and so every civilization of Sjerdthaun readies their iron and steel to take it by whatever means necessary.

Are you ready for an adventure that will stand the test of time and write your name into the annals of history of the Heartland?

Spoiler: Info for the masses 

Spoiler: The Plot 

Spoiler: Hazards 

Spoiler: CS 

Spoiler: Accepted/Reserved sheets 

Spoiler: Rules 

We reserve the right add, change, or delete anything at anytime as we see fit.

As always questions, concerns, and/or ideas are welcome.
    Last edited by SikstaSlathalin; 05-29-2014 at 06:36 AM.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hello there! It looks like you're off to a fantastic start. Here are some helpful links to get you started!

Roleplaying Games Directory – New Roleplay? Add it to our Directory!

Staff Sigs – Get your RP featured in our Staff Signatures.

Roleplay of the Week – Think your RP could have what it takes to become Role Play of the Week? Enter here!

Roleplay of the Week Banner Shop – Get a banner made for your RP to further your quest for RP of the Week.

The RPA Tribune – Why not let all of RPA read about your RP in the RPA Tribune!

As always if you have any questions, feel free to let us know!

Anything that lets me smash stuff.
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

So do the writing examples have to be about our OCs, or anything to display our writing skills?
    Hilariously derailing one-liner

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Anything that will display your skill, but if you want to show your skill by writing a passage for your char go for it. Needs to be at least two paragraphs for each example.

Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

Here comes my bard

Spoiler: Things I like 

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Prepare to have him viciously torn up to see if he can make it in this world. But remember he needs to be an Orion or a warrior of the Iaegr.

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

I've decided to depart from my original idea. He was still raised as a girl, but by the alfir (you know, like a white person being raised by indians). When he became an adult, he left, and lived among the Iaegr as a bard, a female bard. WHile he does know how to fight, he's not a 'warrior', and those who see him, see him as a female. They'd only know if they glanced up his skirt and through his undergarments, or he told them himself.

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Dude, just make him a girl. And effeminate guy will not work in this. In this world a guy like that would be killed.

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

ugh I wanted to go the 'clever' instead of the 'strong' route, but, if I have to be direct male or female, I may as well just make another big, dumb male warrior. It will take me much longer to do this, so I dunno when he'll be up.

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

I told you we would be strict, and I never said you had to make a big dumb warrior. You can still be clever but the Alfir would kill an Iaegr as soon as look at them child or no. You can still make a Bard to but either a male or a female one no cross dressing or the like. And in this world you'll want to be a warrior even a Bard-Warrior. Because you can die just walking out your door.

Page 1 of 42 123 ... LastLast