Page 1 of 76 12351 ... LastLast

Thread: Luminous Souls (OOC) [M]

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default Luminous Souls (OOC) [M]

Luminous Souls is rated M for Excessive Violence, Mature Themes, Drug Use, and Nudity. This RP will feature quite a deal of violence, and while the point is not to see someone having their head crushed every second it is possible for entrails to spill and arteries to be cut. The amount of damage done to the body can involve precision and may be off-putting to some. Mature themes will also be prevalent within the story, there will be concepts and acts discussed or even witnessed such as torture, suicide, philosophical questions may also be raised. Drug Use is a bit of a subjective one but I'm including it just in case. With this being a fantasy setting there can be potions, chemical, and herbs that may be classified as drugs as well as alcoholic beverages. Nudity is a common sight, but it will be non-sexual in context. While the highest level of nobility would be clothed except during some physical activitied not all peasants or people would be clothed as much. At the same time there is no need for it to be treated in an awkward manner, since it is so common it is just seen as a normal thing to be nude. Monsters and demonic entities may also be nude, since they do not have the concept of clothing. Just try not to think too much about it if that bothers you, I will not be describing their parts anyway.

No Longer Accepting New Players

IC Thread: https://role-player.net/forum/showthr...22#post2010122

Long ago in the ancient land known simply as The Terrace there were mighty kingdoms of man, giant, dwarf and dead. The Terrace was the heart of magic, the heart of divinity, and the heart of science within the world. Mighty dragons soared through the skies as gods taught men and women how to harness powers greater than even they. Those of Algarr required land so they were gifted with the power of terramancy that allowed them to forge mountains and plains. Within the Ashdom was an ever present winter and as such their god gifted them with a burning passion unlike any other. Orbisurbem was a desolate island before the first vitamancers created the jungles they now call home. In the deserts of Zaraquazakstan many died of thirst, and in response were taught how to sew rivers into the sands. Those of Aetherus were the most blessed of all, for while they did not struggle they too received a holy boon. Since then their sails have taken them to many corners of the flat world. Yet, with all of this power humanity found itself among creatures they considered lesser. The giants were massive but without magic, they were easy to enslave. Dwarves were smart yet frail, their inventions could only do so much against the supernatural. As for the dead of the sanctuary they never posed a threat, and yet crusades into their lands never ceased until the very end. At its height The Terrace could have taken every kingdom that dared challenge it. Though this never came to transpire. For whatever maker had designed this land and its people recoiled in horror. The sins were many and for each one a punishment was needed. While humans did have souls they became corrupted in their many acts leaving behind demons in their wake. A cloud of confining fog rolled over the oceans claiming The Terrace, and since then none from the outside have ever heard word of what occurs within. With the land forgotten others moved on until the reach of darkness was finally noticed. Murders became more prevalent, wars raged unlike anything seen before. Whatever curse had befallen the ancient land was spreading as hollowed beings appeared everywhere. They were too numerous to fight in open conflict, and as creatures only heard of in legend deigned it just to feed on humans there was no hope. Tales spun about those left of a cure to the curse. That those of The Terrace corrupted the world's soul. Heroes came forth from far and wide on boats and horse, kings and queens sent in armies, but none ever returned from the alluring fog. For as much light as they brought to purify the World's Soul only darkness remained.

Spoiler: A Lost and Forgotten Warrior 

You are one of these cursed undead, mad hollowed out humans with an endless hunger. While the gods gave humankind souls it was not enough for any single being. They hungered until whatever was left of them ceased leaving behind only husks of dread. One by one the gods gave up on these wretches. Time ceased to flow for them making their punishment an eternal one, none could age. Death abandoned each so that no matter the cause they could return, for death would be a sweet release from the sins of the past. Each light in the sky above vanished from sight, they did not wish to have branded eyes looking upon them. Only one stayed, the god of the Veil. The god behind the binding fog which constricts both body and mind. Whether you are from The Terrace or another land matters not. In your heart is a blackness so murky that no light can penetrate it. This hole, visible upon your chest, will devour any souls brought to it. It is a choice to feed the hunger or starve your very nature. Whatever your choice know that it will never end, it cannot be sated by any means. Only one entity in all of existence could ever be the peak, and that peak is found within the World's Soul. The journey to such a soul is perilous, you will die. Your fate will be one given to you by your ancestors. Bones will break, flesh will rend, and your mind will splinter. Each action will be an auger boring into your being. Whoever you were will have no meaning to you. Until the light within the darkness is discovered no one will be whole. Your past, your land, your friends and family have no place within you anymore. All that remains is desire.

Spoiler: A Sorcerer Facing a Demon 

Luminous Souls is an Action-Adventure Role Play Game that takes place in a dark fantasy setting that is heavily inspired by the games Dark Souls and Demon's Soul. In it you will be playing as an undead, a form of cursed human that returns to life after dying. While a regular death is not permanent there will be consequences to dying, so if possible you should try to avoid it. Combat will be an important part of this, if there are questions about how medieval combat is conducted feel free to ask and I will supply information and even videos on the subject. As you may have noticed a deal of the story of this world is obscure and vague, it will not be just a fight for survival but it will be a struggle to learn the lore of The Terrace. Information will not be direct and instead you will have to scrutinize cryptic hints and subtle aspects that can aid in telling you the story. With this being a game I as the Game Master will be acting in a similar fashion to a Dungeon Master in a Pen and Paper style game. There will be stats in character creation as well as equipment and currency to keep track of. How cunning you can be in combat or with your tongue will factor into how long you will last in this world, so keep this in mind before joining. This is not a simple power fantasy, you will not be jumping twenty feet in the air and spin while cutting thirty knights in half. Fighting just a single warrior can be a deadly task that you will need to take care in doing.

Rules
    1: What I say goes. I will be the acting GM and Judge. If you disagree with a ruling of mine do not complain about it, politely talk to me about it. If you can convince me that my ruling was incorrect then I will revoke it.
    2: Do not God Mod or Meta-Game.
    3: Your character may die. I will have the final say in what happens to characters, but also keep in mind that death is not the end.
    4: If you are unable to post and stay active talk with me about it. I'll figure out a way to write your character out of the situation. In the future when you can be active again you can return then with the same character. However if you are holding us up without discussing it with me I will remove your character without consulting you since it is very rude on your part.
    5: Make your posts of appropriate length. I'm fine with short posts if not a whole lot is going on, especially for interaction between players. However if I'm giving very detailed posts with a lot of options, characters to talk to, and items to inspect posting a single line can be aggravating. On the opposite spectrum, do not get lost in your own little world. I don't need four paragraphs describing a character picking up a cup.
    6: I am the GM, if someone is confused about something tell them to ask me about it. Do not speak for me please.
    7: Respect your fellow players.
    8: There is no posting order. However, you will have to wait for me before posting. After each time I post for your character's situation, people talking to them etc, you can then post. If you are a part of a group and someone is not, I will sometimes post for the alone person if your group members are taking their sweet time to post. This however does not mean group members should post as I will only be effecting the loner.
    Last edited by Tolvo; 04-18-2014 at 06:38 PM.
    On Hiatus from RP'ing
    My pronouns are She/Her, and They/Them. If it's hard to constantly switch just stick with She/Her.

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default Character Information

Spoiler: The Character Sheet and Filling It Out 

Spoiler: Accepted Characters 
    Last edited by Tolvo; 05-06-2014 at 01:59 PM.
    On Hiatus from RP'ing
    My pronouns are She/Her, and They/Them. If it's hard to constantly switch just stick with She/Her.

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default World Information

Reserved for World Information

Below is the map of The Terrace. It shows the boundaries for the larger nations, such as The Ashdom, as well as the territories within them. If anyone is having difficulty imagining the placement of places in the world this is a helpful tool to aid in that.

Spoiler: Nations 

Spoiler: Gods 

Spoiler: Demons 

Spoiler: Legendary Figures 

Spoiler: Legendary Creatures 
    Last edited by Tolvo; 04-18-2014 at 12:24 PM.
    On Hiatus from RP'ing

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default How To Interact With The World

About Combat

Spoiler: Combat 

About NPC's

Spoiler: NPC's 

About Navigation

Spoiler: Navigation 

About Sorceries

Spoiler: Sorceries 

About Miracles

Spoiler: Miracles 

About Death

Spoiler: Death 

About Item Use

Spoiler: Item Use 

About Bosses

Spoiler: Bosses 
    Last edited by Tolvo; 04-18-2014 at 04:11 PM.
    On Hiatus from RP'ing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I feel like joining for sure! :O

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default The Annals

Reserved for The Annals, which will be a record of events.

Spoiler: Kyron 

Spoiler: Cesare 

Spoiler: Gahul 

Spoiler: Dezeroth 

Spoiler: Mikhail 

Spoiler: Etain 
    Last edited by Tolvo; 05-16-2014 at 06:58 PM.
    On Hiatus from RP'ing

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default Miscellaneous

Reserved for Miscellaneous.
    On Hiatus from RP'ing

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Alright people can now post in here. I'm still setting things up, but I will be getting the character information up first so you guys can work on your characters as I do all of the finishing touches on things. Minkasha, Eddren, and Low Budget Man have slots reserved for them. If there are any questions feel free to ask them.
    On Hiatus from RP'ing

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    JuliusFreft
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Look to Minkasha if you want a group: I think he'll be recruiting, sort of.

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

By the way, the character sheet is very intimidating looking. There are parts of it that are just going to be empty, and in regards to armor and such having "Right Hand" and "Left Hand", that is in case you wish to have just one piece of that armor type. So you can have a steel gauntlet on one hand and a leather glove on the other if you want.
    On Hiatus from RP'ing

Page 1 of 76 12351 ... LastLast