Page 1 of 68 12351 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Emblem: The Forgotten Seal

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, with a side of Series-Based.
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default Fire Emblem: The Forgotten Seal

The continent of Valeinea has long been plagued by the fires of war. Ever since humans arrived on its soil having fled from their decaying, monster ridden homeland and first met the animal like laguz, there have been wars throughout the centuries.

Even now, the continent is recovering from a nearly two decade long war with the corrupt kingdom of Alydal. Eighteen years have passed since then, and Valeinea seems to have finally come to know peace...on the surface. The war with the now fallen Alydal put much strain on its neighbors, and, of course, racial tensions between humans and laguz still run high. And of course, there are bandits and other forms of evil who seek to take advantage of the still-weary state of the nation.

This is where mercenaries come in- in particular, a group of mercenaries who are led by a kind but very strict elderly man named Melthior, or 'Melthior's Band' as they have come to be unofficially known by the people. The group is not only known for their effective work, but their camaraderie; they function almost as if they were a family, even though there are laguz and Branded amongst them- Melthior does not tolerate racial discrimination. Day after day they take on various jobs all across the land, be it cargo transport or protecting a village from bandits.

But very soon, this simple group of mercenaries will become intertwined in a chain of events that will greatly impact Valeinea...

RULES

1. GM's word is law.
    2. No knowledge of the Fire Emblem series is needed to join this roleplay, although it might be helpful.
    3. As this is an original setting, no canon characters- such as Marth, Chrom, Ike, etc- will not be allowed. This also includes using canon character artwork for your own character. The same goes for locations- all characters must be from Valeinea.
    4. I will only allow a limited number of Branded and Dragon Tribe laguz. Laguz themselves may be capped if it starts getting out of hand.
    5. All characters will start with either bronze or iron weapons or the most basic level of spell they are capable of learning.
    6. Characters can and likely will die in this RP. As such, multiple characters will be allowed, but no more than three at one time.
    7. And on that note, while this should go without saying, godmodding/powerplaying/etc will not be tolerated. Consistently doing this may result in all of your characters being killed and your removal from the RP.
    8. PLEASE let me know if you'll be gone for a long period of time. Lack of contact for more than two weeks without warning may result in your characters being killed.
    9. Minimum of one paragraph per IC post.
    10. As GM, I reserve the right to change these rules or add others as I see fit.

Combat Rules
    1. This RP will enforce what is referred to as the Weapon Triangle. This system is basically rock/paper/scissors but with weapons- sword users will have an advantage over axe users, axe users have an advantage over lance users, and lance users have an advantage over sword users. Bows, knives, and all laguz attacks are neutral to the triangle, and magic has its own triangle...
    2. ...which leads me to the Trinity of Magic, or Magic Trinity. There are three types of offensive magic in the Fire Emblem universe- Anima, Dark, and Light. Similar to the Weapon Triangle, certain types of magic have an advantage over other types. In this case, Anima Magic has an advantage over Light, Light has an advantage over Dark, and Dark has an advantage over Anima. Healing magic is excluded y nature of being...well, healing magic.
    3. BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE. Anima magic itself further breaks down into three elements- Fire, Wind, and Thunder. And as with weapons and magic overall, these also form a triangle- Fire is at an advantage over Wind, Wind is at an advantage over Thunder, and Thunder is at an advantage over Fire.
    4. I'm done with the triangles now I swear Like in the games, weapons can break after awhile, but they may last longer if they are occasionally tended to and repaired as needed. Unlike the games, however, tomes and staves are exempt from breaking by nature of being books and magical glowing...well, staves, though they CAN be destroyed in combat.
    5. While classes will generally stick with their given weapon, they are not completely restricted to it. For example, if an axe user us disarmed and happens to find a sword, then they can by all means pick it and use it, though not as well as they might use an axe. However, a barbarian wont be able to just pick up a tome and start flinging spells everywhere. Essentially, there is some logic involved as far as combat goes, so as long as it's realistic and within reason, then I will likely be okay with it. (Additional note- this is NOT permission for your character to carry a weapon that isn't of their class.)
    6. Classes with healing abilities will be able to heal themselves, unlike in the games where they can't for whatever reason.

Valeinea

Spoiler: Valeinea 

Classes

Spoiler: Classes 

Laguz

Technically separate classes but also an entire race, Laguz get their own section. Laguz are animal-like people who always bear some sort of resemblance to the animal they are capable of transforming into (more info below). They also have a much longer lifespan than humans.

Tribes

Spoiler: Beasts 

Spoiler: Birds 

Spoiler: Dragons 

Spoiler: Feral Ones (non-playable) 

Spoiler: The Branded 

Character Sheet
    Not accepting new characters at the moment, but will take a few more once the current battle is done.

-Remember, maximum of three at a time, all will start with bronze or iron weapons or the most basic spell depending on their class.

Name:
    Weapon: (dependent on class)
    Race: (human, laguz, or Branded)
    Ability (Branded only):
    Appearance: (Written description is a must, can be combined with an image as long as it is NOT of an existing FE character, be sure to state location of brand if Branded.)
    Bio:
    Personality:
    Other:

NPCs

Various GM controlled characters whose info will be posted here for general player viewing.

Melthior
    Ulric
    Ragnar

Accepted Characters

Lenore Desdemona played by Mr. Rope
    Lindsey Beatrix Velencia III played by Corporal Lance
    Noemi Hart and August Bes played by Preach
    Otto played by Tetsuya
    Darwin Nob, Edner Rip, and Praetora Maxine Drakuul und Deuce von Desgoffe played by NinjaOnTheRoof
    Namira Yusgaar played by Jacogos
    Sverrir Zwei played by Mask
    Hrabanus "Raban" Drystan Sage played by Tenryuu
    Lucius Hastile played by Mr. Scarlet

Deceased

Gracia played by Okami

Inactive

Reth played by chilloice
    Reece and Alys played by Okami
    Lowen Reinstahl played by StormWolf
    Dume Suwara played by Simbala
    Geis Livetta and Frieda played by Raindrop
    Nolan Garmend and Bryce Manor played by Bionicllama

The Story So Far

Spoiler: Summary 
    Last edited by Tetsuya; 10-06-2014 at 06:38 PM.
    Apparently RPA hates my avatars/signatures, so have some boring text.
    Character Thread
    Pokemon: The Change (Not Accepting) OOC-IC

Fantasy, Anime, Sci-fy, Dark Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As per my addiction to Gaius from Awakening I'll play a Thief! I'll get my CS up soon!

Fantasy, Anime, Sci-fy, Dark Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hey, one more question before I post my CS, can my character be from any of the countries? I want him to be from Ylisse from the most recent game but if you want them to be from the same place that is fine.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Nope, they have to be from Valeinea, which I'm about to edit in the info for now. Like the characters, the locations in the games don't exist in this world.
    Character Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hello there! It looks like you're off to a fantastic start. Here are some helpful links to get you started!

Roleplaying Games Directory – New Roleplay? Add it to our Directory!

Staff Sigs – Get your RP featured in our Staff Signatures.

Roleplay of the Week – Think your RP could have what it takes to become Role Play of the Week? Enter here!

Roleplay of the Week Banner Shop – Get a banner made for your RP to further your quest for RP of the Week.

The RPA Tribune – Why not let all of RPA read about your RP in the RPA Tribune!

As always if you have any questions, feel free to let us know!

Fantasy, Near-Future Sci-Fi, Mutants & Superpowers, all with realism or realistic elements
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Goin' for the max! I'm thinkin' Archer, Pegasus Rider, and Fighter. I'll have the sheets up sometime today. Tend to draw my own characters, so they each might get their own artwork at some point.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Awesome. I'll wait and see what other classes we get before making any characters myself (excluding Melthior who is more of a GM controlled NPC and will be an Archsage, for those wondering).
    Character Thread

Anything with violence in it, fantasy, 1x1's.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm signing up for this! ( really excited) I'll have a cs up in a sec.

Thank you Hayabusa!

Pirates Roleplay: https://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=71039 Wolf Roleplay: https://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=71056

Spoiler: My past Role-plays  

Anything with violence in it, fantasy, 1x1's.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sort of Say'ri ish and Donnel ish...

Name: Reece
    Class: Myrmidon
    Weapon: Sword
    Race: Human
    Ability (Branded only):
    Appearance: https://www.animemay.com/thumbnails/d...may.com_45.jpg Reece has black hair that goes about down to her waist and brown eyes. She's tall and muscular probably from swinging around swords all the time. Reece is pale and wears a Yukata like black outfit with her sword warped around her waist. She wears bandages around her fists and has a small scar next to her right eye from when she was younger and attacked by the Laguz. Reece is sometimes covered in dirt as she likes to climb trees and practice fighting outside.

Bio: The only child of two peddlers from The Forests of Bern Reece always felt out of place. She didn't like selling things and her parents never payed any attention to her. They were to busy with there business. Sometimes Reece sold stuff with them but often times they scolded her and told her she got in the way. She started to run off on her exploring the forest. Reece liked forests. Her parents started to make less and less money. They got angry at her and blamed her for there failure. Reece actually stole a sword and some money and ran away form her family. She was tired of them yelling at her and telling her she stole from them. Reece decided to travel alone for a while. She became a somewhat ok Myrmidon. One day though some feral Laguz attacked Reece and she was forced to run away. She realized she wasn't as strong as she thought. Reece felt sad and powerless so she decided to seek out the Melthior's Band. She wanted to become as strong as she possibly could.

Personality: Despite her calm exterior and good judgment skills Reece can get very angry. Reece does always like to have some sort of strategy before she enters a battle. She doesn't try to argue but when she feels passionate about something she will. Reece likes people and has a good sense of humor. She also likes to fight to better her skills and is fine taking on any challenge that she can. She likes to protect people that need protecting. Reece dosen't like to show fear but she is frightened by any type of Laguz. Reece likes the outdoors... Forests in preticular. Reece things nature is beautiful and should not be tampered with. She doesn't like sexist people at all. Reece can act childish at times.

Other: Has a weird obsession with food. All kinds of food like she loves food. Reece doesn't like to show when shes in pain. She likes to write poetry.

Seriously you have no idea how happy this Roleplay makes me.

Name: Gracia
    Class: Pegasus Rider
    Weapon: Lance
    Race: Human
    Ability (Branded only):
    Appearance: https://oozie.org/wp-content/wallpape...l-Red-Eyes.jpg Gracia has long red hair that comes to her shoulder blades and large brown eyes. Sometimes Gracia puts her hair up in a pony tail but she rarely does that. She smiles often and looks pleasant normally. Gracia wears a red robe like outfit with red chain mail armor built in to it. She ties her lance around her waist with a rope and keeps a burlap bag with her with her items in it. Gracia's Pegasus is brown with blue eyes and wears a blue mount.

Bio: Gracia had two older brothers and a mother. They owned a large farm in Auralius. Though the farm mostly consisted of Pegasus they also raised chicken, horses and different types of crops. Gracia was happy and care free on her farm. She didn't really like to get dirty cleaning the stalls and such but she did like petting the animals and grooming them. Her brothers were better taking care of the crops then her but Gracia tries planting corn once... It died. Gracia never liked it when her plants or animals died. She just wanted everyone to live though she knew that couldn't happen. And it didn't. One day there was a fire. Gracia isn't sure how it started but as her mother was gone she panicked. Gracia ran away not knowing what to do until she found one of her Pegasus. It was small and could hardly even fly. Somehow Gracia managed to escape the fire with the Pegasus but when they went back the the farm it had burned down. She dosen't know what happened to her mother and brothers. Gracia hopes all her animals are ok. She didn't want to sell her Pegasus but she really needed money. Gracia couldn't do anything on her own really and she wanted to keep it. When the Melthior's Band came through the little town she was staying at Gracia realized that she had a Pegasus with her and she was ok with a lance so she wants to help.

Personality: Gracia is kind to people and animals and gentle when she can be. She loves animals and always tries to be cheerful. Gracia wants to protect people but she's usually the one who needs protecting. She's not very good at fighting and is better at farming. Gracia wants to help in anyway she can. Despite her gentle nature Gracia and need to keep things clean she can be quite odd. Growing up on a farm with two brothers and a bunch of animals she isn't really sure how to be 'girly' sometimes. But Gracia is naturally. She likes flowers and pink. When it isn't absolutely nessasry she doesn't want to be a part or any violence or see any or it. Gracia is very soft spoken outside of battle but tends to yell a little more in battle.

Other: Tries to act mature for her age, likes to pick flowers and grow plants wants, to keep everything clean.

I'm finished! I hope it's ok.
    Last edited by Okami; 05-20-2014 at 11:10 PM.

Thank you Hayabusa!

Pirates Roleplay: https://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=71039 Wolf Roleplay: https://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=71056

Spoiler: My past Role-plays  

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

You can finish them later, sure. And you reminded me that I forgot to list the Villager class, so I guess I'll fix that now.
    Character Thread

Page 1 of 68 12351 ... LastLast