Page 1 of 19 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Whodunnit: Let's Play Murder Mystery

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Yaoi (MxM), Romance, Medival
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default [M] Whodunnit: Let's Play Murder Mystery

Whodunnit is a TV show that was on. Not sure if there is a second season on now but, I watched the first season and loved it! I want to try doing a short group RP based off this show. If you don't know it the basics is this:

A group of people are brought to a mansion but the owner isn't there. Instead all there is are the staff members and a butler. You are informed that you will be staying there until the Owner comes back from a business trip or something like that. Over time people are killed off and you are told that one of the fellow people (who you don't know) with you in the mansion is the one killing people off. It is your job to try figuring out how the murders were done and try guessing who the killer is. The main goal is to try to impress the killer, thus making them want to keep you alive longer. This is a sort of reality show thing and it's a game for money. Get to the end and discover the killer or be the killer and kill everyone to get a price. Of course everyone knows they don't really die, but it's like they are eliminated from the game if they are "killed".

My idea is sort of a Season 2 type thing. It's just the same as the show but there are different characters and it will be at a different mansion. Also rather then only 12 people taking part there will be 16 (you'll understand in a moment). You might be wondering why 16, well here is the reason. I am only accepting 5 people. Each person who applies MUST have 3 characters. This will make it so there are 15 members in the game. I will be playing the Butler and one member in the game, hence the 16. My character will be the killer since it's easier that way. I will be able to handle the messy murder scenes and so on.

Before I get into more details there are some rules I want to get out of the way, and also the CSs I'd like you to use.

Spoiler: Rules 

Spoiler: Character Sheet Layout 

Since this is a game and there will only be 5 members with 3 characters (not including myself of course) only one of your characters may be killed at a time. Basically, it will go like this... Each person will have one character be killed until EVERYONE only has two left. Once this happens the cycle will start again, but not in the same order. Once everyone only has one character left it will be the final round in the game. The game will end when there is only one character left. We can decide as a group if one character finds out, or if it's the killer who wins. However, unlike the show if a character makes it to the final 6 they will get something. Be it cash or something else.

Now, when it comes to how the crimes will happen, let me try to explain. I will Private Message you and I will state who I think (out of your characters) should be the next victim. I will ask if you agree and I will give my reasons for picking them. If we both agree YOU will HELP me plan out the death. No one can die a certain way if it's already been done to another character. Once it is decided on who and how, I will post an Information Post. This will not be as my characters, it will be a description of what happened, who the victim was and how they will be found.

As for how the posting will go... This Roleplay will be a turn-based Roleplay. This means you may not go unless it is your turn to post. It is like this to help keep things simply and easy to follow. How this will work is simple. There will be a random order everyone will post in. Member 1 posts, then Member 2, then 3 then 4 then 5, then finally 6. Once everyone has posted once it will go back to Member 1 and go again. This pattern will go until everyone has posted 4 times. Here is what each post will be:

First Post: This will be your characters finding the victim and deciding who they want to explore with and where they want to explore.
    Second Post: This will be the actually exploring section and communicating with the other players. You can find clues or talk about clues in this post.
    Third Post: This is a reply to someone if they talk to your characters in post 2.
    Fourth Post: This will be at the dinner table and in the room where you explain (your character's thoughts, and they must have flaws) what they think happened and who they THINK is the killer.
    Fifth Post: This post will be by me, this will be the Information Post or Murder Post.

If you have a question let me know here and I'll answer them for you to the best of my ability ^^ I hope this idea is interesting enough to get some people to join! I love the idea of a twisted TV version of Clue

5 Players accepted!! No more places open!

IC Link:
    https://role-player.net/forum/showthr...07#post2175207

Spoiler: Accepted Contestants Of Whodunnit 

Alright!! We have 5 people (6 including me) signed up for this Roleplaying Game! You guys have until August 8th to make all 3 of your contestants. If you are not done by then I will PM you and help you finish them. I want to get this started and rolling before August 10th. If you need any help at all don't be shy, ask me and I'll gladly help ^^ Also I will gladly answer any questions you may have.

Also, no I will not be accepting any more people. We have the amount we need. This roleplay is now no longer accepting players.. BUT! If this goes well I might do another Whodunnit: Let's Play Murder Mystery roleplay after it has finished.
    Last edited by Mia Rose; 08-10-2014 at 06:24 AM. Reason: Edited Accepted Characters And Members
    I'm just getting over a cold so I haven't been coming on other then to check things.. Also, some stuff has been piling onto my plate and it's taking me a bit to get back into the swing of things.. I'll try coming on but please be warned that due to me now being able to work (final 100% done collage) I'll be very busy for a bit longer.

Spoiler: Clicky for Signy XD 

Near the Halo Ring by the Omega 4 Relay with the other Power Rangers
    D&D, Sci-fi, realistic ones, and ones with a video game twist.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The three character thing seemed a bit much and was almost a turn off until it's read that "HEY...your characters die! So you will end up with one so posting will become easier the longer it goes" So here goes an attempt to making some "contestants" for your "murder show"

If anything is lacking, please let me know so I can add onto it.

Spoiler: Character sheets 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, this isn't a long term Roleplay. If anything it's more of a game. It wouldn't be a Murder Solving Game if no one dies. Also, like I said, this isn't meant to last very long. Think of it like a game show. It doesn't go on and on and on. There are different people and people even get eliminated on some games. The idea behind the 3 is so even if one character dies you will still always be in the roleplay. It doesn't seem like it but once all characters are killed off for someone they have the ability to help me with the final deaths and also the final scene in the "game show".

All in all though, your characters are REALLY neat ^^ My mind even thought of a few times where I could have the fears and dislikes played with They have been added to the list of players
    I'm just getting over a cold so I haven't been coming on other then to check things.. Also, some stuff has been piling onto my plate and it's taking me a bit to get back into the swing of things.. I'll try coming on but please be warned that due to me now being able to work (final 100% done collage) I'll be very busy for a bit longer.

Near the Halo Ring by the Omega 4 Relay with the other Power Rangers
    D&D, Sci-fi, realistic ones, and ones with a video game twist.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ahh...gotcha on the 3 character thing. Seems like a plan and well thought up if you ask me.

As for the characters and what you thought up what could happen to them....I don't know if that is good or bad haha, either way, hope others join.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Same, and mostly it was things like one could be in a dark room, one could have rats or something involved.. Things like that.. The whole Likes, Dislikes and fact/trait thing is just to help come up with an idea on what could possibly happen in the killings of the characters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hello there! It looks like you're off to a fantastic start. Here are some helpful links to get you started!

Roleplaying Games Directory – New Roleplay? Add it to our Directory!

Staff Sigs – Get your RP featured in our Staff Signatures.

Roleplay of the Week – Think your RP could have what it takes to become Role Play of the Week? Enter here!

Roleplay of the Week Banner Shop – Get a banner made for your RP to further your quest for RP of the Week.

The RPA Tribune – Why not let all of RPA read about your RP in the RPA Tribune!

As always if you have any questions, feel free to let us know!

Star of the Dawn
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

No flipping way! This was one of my RP ideas that I wanted so badly to do but couldn't quite manage to put together in practice! Awesome!

My only criticism is that it kinda defeats the whole purpose of the game for us (the players, not the characters) to already know in advance who the killer is, which could make it awkward for us to have to portray our characters as not knowing the killer's identity without either deliberately sabotaging our own characters or using the killer's identity to gain an unfair advantage, intentionally or not. But apart from that, you definitely have my interest.
    Last edited by Lady Celeste; 05-24-2014 at 07:12 PM.
    Thanks for the set, Kicks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, but it makes it a bit easier to run things this way because it'd be unfair if I knew who the killer was and no one else.. And if I have it so only me and the killer knows then I wont be able to take part in the rp, and that's the main reason I'm looking for people to do this with me.. So I can rp along side everyone as a player myself

- - - Updated - - -

Also, if someone does seem to give off TOO much knowledge about the killer I already plan to ask them to bring it down a bit and will help if they aren't sure how I've done this once before so I have a good idea on what things work and what don't.. It's actually much harder if people don't know who the killer is before hand

Star of the Dawn
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Oh okay, that makes sense.

Some of my RP's have been going inactive lately, so I'll see if I can put together some profiles for you.
    Thanks for the set, Kicks!

Fantasy, General, Horror, Zombie, Parody, and Romance
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I love that show! Just to let you know there is a casting call for the second season, but I don't know if it's set yet. I was gonna try out for it but I'm not sure that would be a good idea.(>_<) I'll let you know if I find out when the season with start.

EDIT

Spoiler: My 1st Contestant 

Spoiler: My 2nd Contestant 

Spoiler: My 3rd Contestant 
    Last edited by CrimsonLady180; 05-25-2014 at 04:35 PM.

Page 1 of 19 123 ... LastLast