Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] No More Fear

What is best in life?
    Were ever there is a evil priesthood to be looted and a princess to be saved
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    All of them are great if well written and with good pepole
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Default [M] No More Fear

This RP is rated M for sexual themes, violence, swearing and possibly horror. We are currently closed but you are welcome to read the story as it develops.

You were born in the small city of Azlu in Washington near the border of Canada. It has a permanent population of 23000. It mostly survives on ski tourism, campers, hikers and the local collage. Consequently it is also the city with the highest concentration of supernatural activity in the world. More people disappear hear in a year than the whole state of Washington combined but as its such a small place no one notices or if they do they don't care. You however did. At last years juniors end of the year party you saw a girl be drained of blood and you with a couple of others defeated the vampire that did it. You have spent the summer unsure of what happened not knowing if it was your imagination or something else. You are suddenly completely different from the people around you who are unaware of the danger that surrounds them. You begin to fear for your own life as well as those of your loved ones. All in all you feel the need to do something so not knowing anything better to do you decide to meet up with the others that were there that night and talk things out. You want to make things safe again for you and your family's. But most of all you don't want to fear anymore.

No More Fear

Plot focus

We are regular humans facing a threat that just a few months ago we did not believe existed.

A character driven RP with a monster of the week scenario playing out. We have to handle that situation while still being engaged in other relationships and life in general. The most important element of this RP would be that we would all in the begging be powerless normal human's that have to fight things far beyond their power level. At the begging we will have trouble even taking down one vampire and that's if we work together. Also I would like for our characters to be from different walks of life and with different backgrounds and skill sets so if you see a character that already fills a particular archetype try to make yours different to his/her's. Finally I would like for most of the characters partaking in this RP to be in the Senior Year of the local high school this gives a good reason for our characters to know each other.

The town of Azlu

Spoiler: Intresting places 

Spoiler: History 

Spoiler: Supernatural threats 

Skills and attributes

This RP works with attributes so I will explain them below. I will also explain why I decided to use them.

Spoiler: Why do you want to put attributes in?  

Spoiler: Attributes 

RULES

1. As GM my decision is final any questions, suggestions and plans should first be asked of me not anyone else

2. Write at least one good long paragraph per post. More however is always better.

3. As I said in my plot focus don't make too similar characters

4. Only one character per person

5. Try to post at least once every three days (I will hold myself to the same rules)

6. No god modding or mary sueing

7. All other relevant RPA rule apply

8. Have fun!!

Name:
    Appearance:
    Personality:
    Background: (The longer the better)
    Skills: (No over doing this part keep it tame. We are weak normal humans not SAS soldiers.)

Attributes: (If you start with five in everything you have three spare points to spend)
    Strength:
    Dexterity:
    Intelligence:
    Knowledge:
    Charisma:
    Luck:

Accepted characters:

Spoiler: Storm 

Spoiler: AngelWarrior 

Spoiler: vietmyke 

Spoiler: texasprinncess 

Spoiler: TheBarbarian 
    Last edited by TheBarbarian; 06-07-2014 at 05:42 PM.

Spoiler: The Barbarians RP's and answers to questions 

The Froggiest
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)

I love your attention to detail! Here are a few links to make advertising your new RP a bit easier for you... Have fun and happy RPing!

And if you need any graphics for your Roleplay of the Week submission, the Banner shop is a great place to go for them!

The Roleplaying Games Directory is also a nifty place to advertise your thread!

Wanna know a secret? Staff Siggies are pretty cool too!

Extra, extra, read all about it! Show off your stuff with the RPA Tribune!

Good luck!!!

Poppa Squirrel
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

Name: Dave Nichols

Appearance: Stands 5' 8" with a medium build, straight sandy brown hair which fades to blonde during the summer sun, light tan complexion, he has no piercings nor tattoos however does have a noticeable 4" scar on his back along his left shoulder blade area.
    Spoiler: Picture 

Personality: Dave is friendly and outgoing trying to get to know everyone he comes into contact with. Dave tends to use his friendly persona to gather as much information as possible in a non threatening fashion, he would rather be the nice guy everyone likes to share information with rather than the pushy cop interrogating people for information.

Background: Dave was born and raised in Azlu. His father was a reporter for the local paper and his mother ran a small convenience store in town. Dave had the ambition to move out of town as soon as he graduated high school. All through out school Dave studied criminal justice, politics and psychology figuring those would help him in his quest to get on the Seattle or Tacoma Police Department. During his senior year of high school he applied and tested for the Seattle Police Department and made the cut by just several spots. Even though on the lower end of the list, he was ecstatic to have something to do when he graduated. Graduation came and weeks later he entered the police academy, months later he was the one of the newest sworn rookies on SPD. His training officer was a 23 year veteran who was more on active retirement just cruising till he could retire with 25 years. Dave and his training officer immediately had friction. Dave was filled with energy wanting to stop all crime in the world each day while his training officer would weigh rather their actions would cause him to have to give up a day off to testify in court. Within the first month, the doughnut shops and star bucks in their patrol district were the safest in the city. After 3 months and numerous unjustified bad performance reviews, there was an opening on the Azlu Police Department which Dave applied for. Dave's dedication to duty and can do attitude helped him over his 4 years on the Azlu force rapidly advance from patrol officer to .... patrol officer. Dave soon realized that it was not hard work and long hours that got advancements within the department but who went out drinking with the chief. Dave started dreading each school year since to keep the rookie out of the older cops hair, they assigned him as the school resource officer while school was in session the past two years.

Skills: Dave studies Tae Kwan Do which he holds a brown belt in. He is an average marksman with his duty Glock 19. Dave attends part time courses at Azul University pursuing a degree in criminal justice as he hears rumors that the Chief may not be in favor with the town council and hopes are that if a new Chief is hired, he might receive the promotions he believes he deserves.

Attributes:
    Strength: 5
    Dexterity: 7
    Intelligence: 5
    Knowledge: 6
    Charisma: 6
    Luck: 4
    Last edited by Storm; 06-03-2014 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Editing typos

Signature created by the awesome .Karma.

Spoiler: Looking for a Story to Join? 

Fantasy, epic adventures, anime/manga, supernatural, romance
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Name: Luana (meaning - female warrior) Delgado
    Appearance:
    Spoiler: Pikature 

Luana is short, dark and beautiful. Her dark curls frame her small round face and her eyes are a vibrant hazel with flecks of green. She doesn't care for make up but always has a thick black line around her eyes. She prefers to wear dark clothing, a real rough and tumble look. She has a pair of black combat boots which is probably her most prized possession.

Personality: Luana is quiet but sharp with her tongue and commonly perceived as a bitch. There's more to her than meets the eye but she doesn't show it to anyone. Her rebellious attitude is always getting her into trouble. She tends to keep herself apart from people, preparing herself for the glorious day she gets to leave them all behind.

Background: Luana's parents died tragically when she was very young. Her and her brother were thrown into the foster care system and it wasn't long before they were separated. Her brother was adopted and Luana bounced from foster home to foster home eventually ending up in Azlu. This family was probably the nicest of the lot and Luana would probably have wanted them to adopt her had she been younger but she was far beyond such dreams and illusions now. Still they insisted she stay even though she was 18 so that she may finish her high school education which was already full of gaps and wholes. She was grateful that this was now her last year. She longed to leave Azlu and the memories of her past.

Skills: In her free time Luana plays darts in the bar until the owners chase her out or the cops remove her. This hobby later progressed to her being able to throw knives with some accuracy. She also has a beautiful singing voice, but never sings. She can blow smoke rings. She writes poetry and is pretty good but doesn't share it. And she can run really fast, especially if you put a cop behind her.

Attributes: (If you start with five in everything you have three spare points to spend)
    Strength: 6
    Dexterity: 6
    Intelligence:6
    Knowledge: 6
    Charisma: 3
    Luck:6
    Last edited by AngelWarrior; 05-31-2014 at 06:01 PM. Reason: review of character
    I'm here, where I've always been. One word away: hi

You loved me and I love you still.

Ask an angel

Poppa Squirrel
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

My CS is up for review.

Signature created by the awesome .Karma.

Spoiler: Looking for a Story to Join? 

What is best in life?
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

This seems all mighty fine to me Storm! Accepted

AngelWarrior you can have more skills than that and not all skills have to be combat related just pointing that out. Otherwise accepted.

Will have mine up soon as well. But first I need to fix my internet problems because the net keeps crashing on me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is being emotionless, detached and a bitch a skill set :P

Just kidding. I'll give it some thought

Ask an angel

What is best in life?
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Sorry for taking so long my internet kept dying on me (hopefully it is fixed now but I am not honestly sure :p). So I just realized that because of my plot plans for this RP I myself need two characters.

Name: Alison Brendon
    Appearance:
    Spoiler: Alison Brendon 

Personality: Funny and very sarcastic Alison likes to joke. Hides both her anger and hurt behind a cutting persona. Hates bully's and arrogant people and likes to take them down a few pegs. If someone tries to hurt her with words she turns them around on him/her. Still is a good and loyal friend to anyone who gets in her good graces (though she will still make fun of you). Is charismatic in her own way and has leadership potential that she uses as the team captain of her Derby team.
    Background: The Brendons have always lived in Azlu. They have owned the local skiing and camping equipment store for more than a hundred years. It has not grown much since then being one of those small businesses that only makes enough of a profit to live off of but never really expand. Alison's mother met her father while he worked in the store under his own father. They began dating and soon were married. However after the birth of Alison and her twin Anthony she disappeared. No one to this day knows what happened to her. His father was heartbroken and began raising two kids alone. Alison does not remember much of her early childhood though the snippets she does remember were of a sad scenes of either his father crying in the night or him working until dawn on journalism job he did on the side. Their grandfather wanted to help out financially but dad was just too proud never taking any more money than was supposed to be on his pay check.
    However Alison's fondest memory from her early childhood was going to see the newly formed roller derby league competition. She fell in love with it then and there asking her father straight after the match if she could learn to skate. His father bought her skates that year for Christmas and she began training herself soon after. It soon became a thing she loved to do more than anything. Still she could not join official roller derby practice until she was 14.
    In between that time Alison mostly concentrated on training her speed and dexterity on skates. To the exclusion of most else. She got through school work only thanks to her really smart brother who helped her out immensely. By the time she started in practice she was better than most of the other girls there. This soon became her world. Most of her friends being from hear not from school and she really did not see use in other things.
    When she was 15 two important things happened in her life. First she started a band with a few of her best friends. The second thing was that her father took over from her grandfather running the store making their financial situation more stable. This new financial stability allowed her to purchase a second hand drum set and begin bettering herself. When Alison found a thing she liked she practiced it as long as it took to get good at it. Soon she was quite the good drummer for the band.
    She broke up with her long time boyfriend this summer. It was long time coming but it still hurts her so she has been especially cutting with her remarks lately.
    Skills: A great jammer being very fast on roller blades, she is fast with out the blades as well, great drummer, heals fast, has an air of command about her

Attributes:
    Strength: 6
    Dexterity: 8
    Intelligence: 5
    Knowledge: 3
    Charisma: 6
    Luck: 5

Name: Anthony Brendon
    Appearance:
    Spoiler: Anthony Brendon 

Personality: A quiet young man that likes nothing more than to read. He still likes to hang out with people in small groups but big groups make him feel uncomfortable and tiered. Can be funny like her sister though never in an angry or hurtful way. He likes to be nice to everyone it is very hard to faze or offend him. When he does get angry however he turns into a small fighting machine. Intelligent but does not brag about it or think he is better because of it.
    Background: Anthony's beginnings were the same as his sisters. However where her sister enjoined sports and hated school learning Anthony was the opposite. He loved to study and read. By the time he was twelve he had read most of the school library. Soon he moved on to the public library where he fell in love with works of folklore and myth. He began studying this subject with avid interest giving it his full attention. At least in this way he and his sister were similar that once they found something they liked and were interest in they pursued it to the exclusion of all else.
    When he had read all he could about the subjects by 14 or so he turned with interest to the occult which a lot of the works referenced. This study coincided with his sexual awakening making it a confusing time for him. Suddenly realizing that you liked boys in a very conservative town is not nice for anyone. Still his books and sister helped him through it. He came out to her first as he and she shared everything with each other. She accepted what he was instantly and told him not to worry.
    Coming out to his father took much longer almost two years after the fact even. When he finally did his father initially rejected it as phase. That hurt Anthony a lot though he did not show it. However when her sister very pointedly and angrily talked to their father he apologized to him and said that he would love him whoever he decided to love. After that things have been mostly good at home.
    When he entered high school he joined the chess club where he made many friends. Until the Junior party life had been picking up but after party Anthony really fell into a deep depression as it confirmed his small nagging suspicions about the town they had been living in. Some part of him felt that he could have stopped it all.
    Skills: Knows a lot about the occult, folklore, mythology, pop culture and literature (classics and new stuff) is the head of the school chess club so is quite the strategist

Strength: 4
    Dexterity: 4
    Intelligence: 7
    Knowledge: 8
    Charisma: 5
    Luck: 5
    Last edited by TheBarbarian; 06-20-2014 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Stat change

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Character available for review again

Ask an angel

What is best in life?
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Looks good to me now. I think if get one more person can start but if don't get one we can start with three.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast